In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,679)

Showing posts 33,561 - 33,580 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Emancipation Proclamation:..
Did not free slaves throughout the USA, you stupid knob swallower.

No matter how hard you stomp your fat lying and ignorant feet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
You are a plastic moron.
You are the dumb phuque knobber who has his history (among other things) wrong: the Emancipation Proclamation did not end slavery (the owning of human beings) in the USA, seems to me if you are wrong you should take a week off. You could be a a citizen in the USA and own slaves after the Emancipation Proclamation.

I am sure you will be posting your apology forthwith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
The earth is not round.
Close enough.

It is more round than a standard billiard ball.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

NatFrye wrote:
<quoted text>How much of the world population did he influence during his lifetime of being "charming"? I am not at all impressed with Christians who make such claims. I would rather stick to the known facts.
Jesus did not "seduce" any Jews away from the Jewish religion during his time on earth. He preached the Torah. The Torah is the Jewish scriptures. As Christians, we can either be intelligent enough to know that and not argue with those who are not Christian, or we can be fools.
I choose intelligence and honesty.
The fact is he told the Jews of his day that they no longer needed to follow Mosaic Law or adhere to covenant that required all Jewish men to be circumcised. He preached in direct opposition to what the rabbis taught and telling his neighbors that they didn't have to bear the burden of living under so many different rules infuriated Jewish leaders because it lightened the purses on their shoulders. They denied him because of greed, not because they didn't believe whether he was a Messiah or not. If his ideology had made them richer through practice of it, they would have welcomed his sermons and claim to heaven. He preached love and freedom, and the rabbis taught separation and strict adherence to numerous rules [so many rules that people probably couldn't remember them all]. You don't think his message would appeal to the poor and oppressed Jews?

Jackasses like you make me laugh when you run about calling people fools. Your comment just bit you in the ass, moron.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite correct.
William Dembski, of ID fame, had this to say:
"I think at a fundamental level, in terms of what drives me in this is that I think God's glory is being robbed by these naturalistic approaches to biological evolution, creation, the origin of the world, the origin of biological complexity and diversity. When you are attributing the wonders of nature to these mindless material mechanisms, God's glory is getting robbed." He continued, "And so there is a cultural war here. Ultimately I want to see God get the credit for what he's done -- and he's not getting it."
At the Fellowship Baptist Church (in Waco, TX) Sunday, March 7, 2004. Dembski answering a question about his motivations.
http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2004/04/d...
There was an .mp3 of "Billy D." saying it, in his words, however, the file isn't hosted there any longer.
Buck, tell me it ain't so.
Tell me this is all made up.
Or maybe taken out of context.
Or maybe he just had to say what he had to say to these folks.
Or maybe that's what he used to believe until he saw the light.
Or just tell me this isn't your hero, it's another Billy D.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It was mid-colonoscopy that I suddenly understood what my Chinese fortune cookie meant by, "Searching the inner self requires a prepared mind." Were you aware that colonoscopy without a strong sedative is nearly impossible?
No. But now that you mention it, I'm not surprised. That's something to look forward to I guess (I'm overdue for the procedure)... that and I think you get to keep the video.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Behe says Jesus is the designer you agree with him yes?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there might be some validity to the Vedic Astrology.
But I'll stick with Behe for now - it's nonsense.
I am always susceptible to evidence. I am a true skeptic. There are only a couple of those in this forum.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Chuck Norris would disagree.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
100 percent of the homosexual population plus most of the Chinese who have never tasted coffee.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to put weapons up in space now?
It was a joke. Not very funny, but a joke nonetheless.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is not round.
A disc is round.
The earth is not a disc.
You got the part about the sun right.
The Earth can best be described as an oblate spheroid ... everybody knows that.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin was embarrassed by th fossil record and admitted that it didn't support evolution. Archaeopteryx, the poster child for evolution, had been descried before 1859
Darwin's careful, meticulous observations of Galapagosian beaks and plumage could hardly have helped him put his brain around something like Archeopteryx. How do you go from a Archeopteryx to a Finch in a mere 6000 years? I wonder how old the people back then thought the Earth was? Or how old Darwin THOUGHT it was?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Buck's son makes a video for dad. Satan made the lie of evolution in the Garden of Eden!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin's careful, meticulous observations of Galapagosian beaks and plumage could hardly have helped him put his brain around something like Archeopteryx. How do you go from a Archeopteryx to a Finch in a mere 6000 years? I wonder how old the people back then thought the Earth was? Or how old Darwin THOUGHT it was?
Your comment is irrelevant. Galapagos finches were the result of microevolution.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may know that the attempt to include Vedic Astrology in the public school curriculum in India was challenged, as was ID here, as an attempt to introduce "creation science" into the schools.
I agree with you though, it's nonsense. Just like Behe's ID.
You could be credible in finding fault, not credible to call it nonsense.

I talked to Lisa Colodney today. Told her the subject of "The Silent Coup" came up on Topix.

She told me about Len Colodney taping a phone conversation with Bob Woodward. He then accused Woodward of this or that to a Washington Post reporter. Woodward said Colodney was lying.

Then Colodney played them the tape. Got his name in a Washington Post headline, and proved Bob Woodward a liar in one shot.

She also told about walking in Len's house during a rainstorm, water dripping off her hair, in a sloppy sweatshirt. Len said, "Come in the den. There's someone I want you to meet."

She walked in. There in an armchair sat G. Gordon Liddy.

The G-man. What an awesome badass. If I were an attorney, he would be my role model.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
What You Know About Reality ?
Your Life Revolves Around Speculation, Hypothesis, And Theory....
What I Can See...Your VOID OF Reality.
Donate To The Obamination Campaign....Hes Way Behind On His Contributions, And His Independents Are Leaving Him In Flocks....LOL
Guess The 4 Pinocchios On His Negative Attacks Has Him looking Bad....LOL
Hes Trolling For Money in Colorado Today....I Can Smell Him.
I can see Obama's ears from my porch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

NatFrye wrote:
<quoted text>What intelligent designer does your ID depend upon?
What intelligent designer do you think the BBT depends upon?
Neither theory depends on any designer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fall of the Soviet Union took fifty years and dissolved beginning with the election of Gorbachev, not with Reagan.
It took longer then it should have when Reagan was elected and the transition was rougher.
Here on planet earth.
You are a stupid, lying coward.

The history is settled. Reagan brought them down when he would not give in to Gorbachev's begging to shut down SDI in exchange for concessions on other weapons.

You can't re-write history just because you're a lying liberal coward.

You would rather give a communist credit for what an American president did. You hate America. Why don't you leave?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your degree from Glenn Beck University and for $2 more, you can get a large coffee from StarBucks
Great points. How does that change the history?

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking proof doesn't prove fabrication, Scrote. Fact (proved fact) is:REAGAN is on record as saying he "tried some things the other way" while a *candidate*- which, in English, means he had contact with the Iranian delegation before being elected.
True. Lack of proof doesn't prove fabrication.

BUT THE INVESTIGATION ALSO PROVED THE FABRICATION!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha hhahaahhahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahaahahahhahaahhaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,561 - 33,580 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••