In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments
33,561 - 33,580 of 47,724 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2013

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is not round.
A disc is round.
The earth is not a disc.
You got the part about the sun right.
The Earth can best be described as an oblate spheroid ... everybody knows that.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin was embarrassed by th fossil record and admitted that it didn't support evolution. Archaeopteryx, the poster child for evolution, had been descried before 1859
Darwin's careful, meticulous observations of Galapagosian beaks and plumage could hardly have helped him put his brain around something like Archeopteryx. How do you go from a Archeopteryx to a Finch in a mere 6000 years? I wonder how old the people back then thought the Earth was? Or how old Darwin THOUGHT it was?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Buck's son makes a video for dad. Satan made the lie of evolution in the Garden of Eden!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin's careful, meticulous observations of Galapagosian beaks and plumage could hardly have helped him put his brain around something like Archeopteryx. How do you go from a Archeopteryx to a Finch in a mere 6000 years? I wonder how old the people back then thought the Earth was? Or how old Darwin THOUGHT it was?
Your comment is irrelevant. Galapagos finches were the result of microevolution.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may know that the attempt to include Vedic Astrology in the public school curriculum in India was challenged, as was ID here, as an attempt to introduce "creation science" into the schools.
I agree with you though, it's nonsense. Just like Behe's ID.
You could be credible in finding fault, not credible to call it nonsense.

I talked to Lisa Colodney today. Told her the subject of "The Silent Coup" came up on Topix.

She told me about Len Colodney taping a phone conversation with Bob Woodward. He then accused Woodward of this or that to a Washington Post reporter. Woodward said Colodney was lying.

Then Colodney played them the tape. Got his name in a Washington Post headline, and proved Bob Woodward a liar in one shot.

She also told about walking in Len's house during a rainstorm, water dripping off her hair, in a sloppy sweatshirt. Len said, "Come in the den. There's someone I want you to meet."

She walked in. There in an armchair sat G. Gordon Liddy.

The G-man. What an awesome badass. If I were an attorney, he would be my role model.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
What You Know About Reality ?
Your Life Revolves Around Speculation, Hypothesis, And Theory....
What I Can See...Your VOID OF Reality.
Donate To The Obamination Campaign....Hes Way Behind On His Contributions, And His Independents Are Leaving Him In Flocks....LOL
Guess The 4 Pinocchios On His Negative Attacks Has Him looking Bad....LOL
Hes Trolling For Money in Colorado Today....I Can Smell Him.
I can see Obama's ears from my porch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

NatFrye wrote:
<quoted text>What intelligent designer does your ID depend upon?
What intelligent designer do you think the BBT depends upon?
Neither theory depends on any designer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fall of the Soviet Union took fifty years and dissolved beginning with the election of Gorbachev, not with Reagan.
It took longer then it should have when Reagan was elected and the transition was rougher.
Here on planet earth.
You are a stupid, lying coward.

The history is settled. Reagan brought them down when he would not give in to Gorbachev's begging to shut down SDI in exchange for concessions on other weapons.

You can't re-write history just because you're a lying liberal coward.

You would rather give a communist credit for what an American president did. You hate America. Why don't you leave?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your degree from Glenn Beck University and for $2 more, you can get a large coffee from StarBucks
Great points. How does that change the history?

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking proof doesn't prove fabrication, Scrote. Fact (proved fact) is:REAGAN is on record as saying he "tried some things the other way" while a *candidate*- which, in English, means he had contact with the Iranian delegation before being elected.
True. Lack of proof doesn't prove fabrication.

BUT THE INVESTIGATION ALSO PROVED THE FABRICATION!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha hhahaahhahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahaahahahhahaahhaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be credible in finding fault, not credible to call it nonsense.
I talked to Lisa Colodney today. Told her the subject of "The Silent Coup" came up on Topix.
She told me about Len Colodney taping a phone conversation with Bob Woodward. He then accused Woodward of this or that to a Washington Post reporter. Woodward said Colodney was lying.
Then Colodney played them the tape. Got his name in a Washington Post headline, and proved Bob Woodward a liar in one shot.
She also told about walking in Len's house during a rainstorm, water dripping off her hair, in a sloppy sweatshirt. Len said, "Come in the den. There's someone I want you to meet."
She walked in. There in an armchair sat G. Gordon Liddy.
The G-man. What an awesome badass. If I were an attorney, he would be my role model.
Interesting times. I was there.

Of course, I disagree your assessment of Liddy's character. I see a very sad case there, when it comes to character. By my values--clearly not by yours.

Ask them about the Ratf*ker. Donald Segretti. They will well know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a new gene. It codes for a new enzyme for a new polymer.
<quoted text>
And there is no increase in ether or phlogiston, either.
<quoted text>
It is evolution. And I am aware of no such category as a non-Darwinian mechanism. It looks like another ID meme.
<quoted text>
He is not a reliable authority for me. He is looking for his god in the numbers.
Unsupported assertions.

A non-Darwinian mechanism would be any mechanism that is not Darwinian.

There was no new gene.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither theory depends on any designer.
All's ya need is one god. One lousy god.

If I believed that baloney, I'd go with multiple gods. The team approach.

I played team sports, and team spirit gives a competitive advantage.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You rolling around on the floor kicking your fat lying feet don't get you any points, Scrotum, pointing to Romney and proving that he lied yet again is more evidence that Romney- and this is the tricky part you don't understand- is indeed a liar.
Though you should understand as no one here believes anything that you say.
Three out of four Pinocchios means he took a tiny piece of a truth and wrapped a big fat lie around it.
No, you dunce. 3 Pinocchios means no such thing.

Romney's statement was accurate.

You are a different case. I have proven you a liar multiple times, with no Pinocchios.

Are you aware that Pinocchio is a fictional character?

Are you aware that Pinocchios do not count as evidence?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite correct.
William Dembski, of ID fame, had this to say:
"I think at a fundamental level, in terms of what drives me in this is that I think God's glory is being robbed by these naturalistic approaches to biological evolution, creation, the origin of the world, the origin of biological complexity and diversity. When you are attributing the wonders of nature to these mindless material mechanisms, God's glory is getting robbed." He continued, "And so there is a cultural war here. Ultimately I want to see God get the credit for what he's done -- and he's not getting it."
At the Fellowship Baptist Church (in Waco, TX) Sunday, March 7, 2004. Dembski answering a question about his motivations.
http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2004/04/d...
There was an .mp3 of "Billy D." saying it, in his words, however, the file isn't hosted there any longer.
So what?
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All's ya need is one god. One lousy god.
If I believed that baloney, I'd go with multiple gods. The team approach.
I played team sports, and team spirit gives a competitive advantage.
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Atheists harbor contempt for Deity... It's not non-belief... It is arrogant denial of evidence.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you dunce. 3 Pinocchios means no such thing.
Romney's statement was accurate.
You are a different case. I have proven you a liar multiple times, with no Pinocchios.
Are you aware that Pinocchio is a fictional character?
Are you aware that Pinocchios do not count as evidence?
Excellent diatribe, Buck.

I do say, you are a master of diatribe.

An M.D., so to say.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists harbor contempt for Deity... It's not non-belief... It is arrogant denial of evidence.
Evidence you say?

Evidence?

I'll let Robert Ingersoll tell you about your "evidence:"

"We have heard talk enough. We have listened to all the drowsy, idealess, vapid sermons that we wish to hear. We have read your Bible and the works of your best minds. We have heard your prayers, your solemn groans and your reverential amens. All these amount to less than nothing. We want one fact. We beg at the doors of your churches for just one little fact. We pass our hats along your pews and under your pulpits and implore you for just one fact. We know all about your mouldy wonders and your stale miracles. We want a this year's fact. We ask only one. Give us one fact for charity. Your miracles are too ancient. The witnesses have been dead for nearly two thousand years."

Evidence indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 224,533
What does "Atheism" mean? 3 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 7 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 7 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 14 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 16 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 16 hr Growupchildren 21,401
•••
•••