In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,653)

Showing posts 33,041 - 33,060 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it ironic that a person who did not have anything to do with any natural science, finds it appropriate to comment on a 'scientifically unsuported paradigm'.
Once again, there is no debate here. We have the educated people (that's us) telling the uneducated rabble (that's you) what is fact and fiction. You simply deny.
Denying facts does not alter their truth. I can deny that America is a country, that the UK has a Queen, or that Justin Bieber is famous - but the facts still stand.
Justin WHO???

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch!
Two atoms are walking down the street and they run into each other. One says to the other, "Are you all right?" "No, I lost an electron!" "Are you sure?" "Yeah, I'm positive!"
A neutron goes into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?" The bartender replies, "For you, no charge."
Do you think protons are ugly? Positively repellent?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
While I continue to point to your lack of integrity.
Gee, KowKow: I've pulled down your pants and you are rolling around on the floor with them around your ankles screaming someone else has a lack of integrity.

Which is all part of the Brit DNA you brag about.

It is really quite simple: you make an assertion (as you did above, submarine service), back it up.

Buck buck buck BUCK-ALLL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
You're just mad
MAD?

Silly sotted KowKow: there isn't one poster here that expects you to back up you big soft lying Brit mouth.

It would be like me being mad at another clown, throwing a bucket of confetti into the front row.

You are a clown and clowns do what clowns do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're speaking our language.
That says it all.
Better than you, KowKow.

What says it all, KowKow: we over here in the USA are here over in the USA. We don't have a queen and we don't have a state religion and we don't have one of you.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why is that relevant? How does that support your position?
And you vehemently disagree, but you don't say how or why? OK. I'll bite: why do you poke at evolution if not in the service of your religious beliefs? Just a random hobby? Somebody named Darwin killed a loved one once? You got tired of poking at enzyme kinetics and celestial mechanics and so moved on to evolution?
Who do you think believes that you're not here attacking Darwin to promote Jesus, whether you mention him or not?
Although my ultimate motive might be to uphold my religion, I'm trying to confine this discussion to science. I don't think my concept of ID is relevant to the discussion.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Something other than natural" will do here.
The reason brought it up is because I define the supernatural power of God as power that man does not understand. No physical laws are broken. In this sense, abiogenesis invokes supernatural forces.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>I already knew there was an application.

No prize.

It's a lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The prize is real.

The ability to win it is not.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Harvard-trained Percival Lowell built an observatory and discovered roads and canals built on Mars by intelligent beings.
He was able to map the roads and locate the capitol city of Mars.
Check Out Richard C Hogland......He Has The Same Conclusions And JPL Photos That NASA Hid To Confirm It.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers, Wolvie!
Although like most big cities, it has its less savoury parts.
Yes, But Most Big Cities Attract Some Scum.....Lets Just Say It Looked Great On The O'le Telly....And Has Sparked An Intrerest To Visit.

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
And just as I said, exposing a fake seance says not one thing about the existence of spirit or God or survival of consciousness after death.
Not one thing.
Well...it does point out that people can be fooled and deceived into thinking that whatever "supernatural" aspect of reality they think exists was being shown to them.

That says more about the perceptions of the people who believed that what they were witnessing or experienced was real, not the "supernatural", I'd agree.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Define "supernatural"
The Intensity And Awesome Moves, As I Satisfy My Woman....LOL

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Buck Crick wrote:
The biggest difference with Nixon is that he had to resign because members of his own party had a conscience and turned on him.
But the similarity is what is relevant. He also escaped justice.
Buck Crick wrote:
With Clinton, they closed ranks to harbor a felon.
You misspelled "Reagan".

Yes, with Nixon, both parties wanted justice.
By the time of Reagan, only one party wanted justice,
And by the time of Bush, neither.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure here.
Are you faulting the Democrats for circling the wagons?
Or faulting the Republicans for having a conscience?
If you are PRAISING those Republicans, then why don't you man up and also praise John Dean instead of calling him a rat? What, his allegiance was to his boss, not to his country?
My memory is not clear on it, but it seems to me Dean had some involvement himself, or made false statements about his involvement. Then he turned and ratted.

There was some kind of court case with Dean and G. Gordon Liddy. Can't recall the details. G. Gordon says he's a rat and a liar. I suspect, as usual, the G-man is right.

The judge (Cirica?) put G. Gordon in a tough D.C. jail with some bad dudes to sweat him and make him talk. Went back in a few weeks, the G-man was running the place.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

HTS wrote:
I never suggested that ID was science. I don't think it is.
OK. It's hard to keep track of the players without a program.
HTS wrote:
Both ID and evolution are religions. If you think evolution is science, then let's see the math. I freely concede that I can't prove ID through math.
I think evolution is science. There is no math.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
[Skeptic] just wants to create an "us vs them" situation in hopes that will get him back into the good graces of the "us".
Skeptic is already OK with me.
Skombolis wrote:
I can only imagine what those on the same side of the issue feel. The only reason he has been tolerated this long I am sure if because he jumps in to try to defend people or is so vocal for being an atheist.
There's no tolerating involved. He's an ally.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're speaking our language.
PS: It isn't really 'your' language. Like your DNA, English is a sloppy drunken mix of French & Spanish & German & other imports.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't respect any members of the oreo cookie society. They are nothing but self-loathers. We have a great one of those here in Socal by the way, a radio guy by the name of Larry Elder. Check him out, he seems just the type of guy you admire. Identifies with the feed-the-rich, screw-the-little-guy, never-give-minorities-a-break Republicans.
And gee dude, I thought you were having your consciousness raised on homosexuality. Have you seen your West guy's comments and views? For Happy Lesbo's sake, at least distance yourself from his views on that one. Or else, here's a very public "shame on you" to you.
"Oreo Cookie"?

That's a tinge racist.

"Feed the rich"? They got you with that class envy crap, huh?

You got half the people in this nation living off the wealthier half by government force, Cletcher. What do you want? 60% on the dole? 80%?

How has voting as a block for democrats for 50 years served minorities? Have you looked at their poverty and unemployment rates? Is it working out? Blacks were better-off under Jim Crow than today by electing democrats.

"We might think of dollars as being "certificates of performance." The better I serve my fellow man, and the higher the value he places on that service, the more certificates of performance he gives me. The more certificates I earn, the greater my claim on the goods my fellow man produces. That's the morality of the market. In order for one to have a claim on what his fellow man produces, he must first serve him. Contrast that moral standard to Congress' standing offer, "Vote for me and I'll take what your fellow man produces and give it to you." -- Walter Williams (black guy)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
nope you liar för jesus
stalin = communist
pol pot - theravada buddhist
mao = communist who though himself a god
Stalin = atheist
Pol Pot = atheist
Mao = atheist

Do stop comparing apples to oranges, we aren't talking political parties.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing left for man to adapt "to". All genes, including the worst ones, make it into the gene pool now. There's nothing left to challenge genes except viral disease and considering the high birth rate of the genetically unlucky I don't see a positive future in store for the masses of aimless fckrs.
Man to vampires. Read that somewhere. Seems appropiate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,041 - 33,060 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••