TEC's Persuasive Monetary Power

May 28, 2012 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.virtueonline.org

The Episcopal Church is doing its best to export the church's Culture Wars around the world. Its best hope for total success is the Mother Church - The Church of England ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

from virtueonline:

"One need only think historically what the enormous persuasive power of the almighty TEC dollar has done over the years to the Anglican Church of Mexico, the Anglican Church of Southern Africa,(ACSA) the Anglican Episcopal Church of Brazil, a number of Central American dioceses still under TEC's grip ... TEC has poured millions of dollars over the years into these provinces and organizations, along with significant help from Trinity Wall Street, the richest church in the world, to persuade them that TEC's 'gospel' will enlighten them and get them a free ride to glory.

"Only a few short years ago, the Episcopal Archbishop of Mexico and a fellow Mexican bishop absconded with $1.5 million dollars of TEC's 'mission' dollars. TEC did nothing about it ...

"The new truth emerging is that the gravy train might be over. The largess once distributed so liberally to simpatico provinces and to leverage simpatico provinces might be coming to an end or at the least seriously diminished. Bishop Stacy Sauls, the Episcopal Church's new CEO, talks of TEC being in a state of 'crisis'".

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

What is the monetary VALUE of the Catholic Church?

How about a big bowl of SHUTHEHELLUP Joe?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
What is the monetary VALUE of the Catholic Church?...
How do you put a price tag on priceless Vatican art?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you put a price tag on priceless Vatican art?
How do you put a price on a life? HOW MANY MOUTHS CAN THAT FEED, CLOTHE, DIG WELLS FOR CLEAN WATER?
Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

On the other hand, Jesus never had to bribe people to agree with this teachings or his agenda. Who is worse? The TEC who holds out a hand full of money or the greedy people who hold out a hand to grab the money? Shakespeare may have had it right, "A plague on both your houses!"

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>How do you put a price on a life? HOW MANY MOUTHS CAN THAT FEED, CLOTHE, DIG WELLS FOR CLEAN WATER?
Why don't you ask these two Mexican bishops?

"Only a few short years ago, the Episcopal Archbishop of Mexico and a fellow Mexican bishop absconded with $1.5 million dollars of TEC's 'mission' dollars. TEC did nothing about it ...

"The new truth emerging is that the gravy train might be over. The largess once distributed so liberally to simpatico provinces and to leverage simpatico provinces might be coming to an end or at the least seriously diminished. Bishop Stacy Sauls, the Episcopal Church's new CEO, talks of TEC being in a state of 'crisis'".

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you ask these two Mexican bishops?
"Only a few short years ago, the Episcopal Archbishop of Mexico and a fellow Mexican bishop absconded with $1.5 million dollars of TEC's 'mission' dollars. TEC did nothing about it ...
"The new truth emerging is that the gravy train might be over. The largess once distributed so liberally to simpatico provinces and to leverage simpatico provinces might be coming to an end or at the least seriously diminished. Bishop Stacy Sauls, the Episcopal Church's new CEO, talks of TEC being in a state of 'crisis'".
A few short years ago...I am not talking about graft. I am talking about OPULENCE....GET CURRENT....and real. There are thousands of priest and you only want to hinge your world on a needle in the haystack. CONCENTRATE on the haystack.

How many BILLIONS does the Vatican WASTE on their OPULENCE?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

When Joe...WHEN WAS THIS? Was it proven? Was there a hearing a trial? It is because Joe said so?

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Speaking of money, power and other problemsHere are some interesting ones to review.

1. I love this one!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/...

Leaks reveal bitter Vatican power struggle
By Ella Ide (AFP) 11 hours ago

VATICAN CITY The flood of secret Vatican documents leaked to the press, enraging the Holy See, aims to oust the Church's powerful number two and maybe to replace the pope himself, experts say.

The so-called "Vatileaks" scandal is a plot within the intrigue-filled Vatican City to unseat Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone, seen by some as wielding too much power and not acting in the Church's interests, they say.

"The documents that have been leaked all concern Bertone in one way or another," Marco Politi, Vatican expert for Il Fatto Quotidiano daily, told AFP.

"This is all about damaging him to get a new secretary of state," he added.

2. Another set of view points.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/05/2...

V is for vendetta in Vatican leaks campaign
Araminta Wordsworth May 29, 2012 9:30 AM ET | Last Updated: May 28, 2012 7:59 PM ET
George

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
When Joe...WHEN WAS THIS? Was it proven? Was there a hearing a trial? It is because Joe said so?
SEL: check out http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acns/news.cf...

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 29, 2012
 
George wrote:
This is an interesting article, George.

Frankly, I am inclined to believe it. Mexico is a very corrupt country. Its problems are compounding.

Rev. Ken

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Anglican Communion News Service
Funds misused in the Anglican Church of Mexico

Posted On : June 7, 2002 4:12 PM | Posted By : Admin ACO
ACNS: ACNS3016
Related Categories: Central America

TWO THOUSAND AND TWO......AND JUST HOW CURRENT IS A TEN YEAR OLD ARTICLE. YOUR GRASPING AT STRAWS INFURIATES ME.
George

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Anglican Communion News Service
Funds misused in the Anglican Church of Mexico
Posted On : June 7, 2002 4:12 PM | Posted By : Admin ACO
ACNS: ACNS3016
Related Categories: Central America
TWO THOUSAND AND TWO......AND JUST HOW CURRENT IS A TEN YEAR OLD ARTICLE. YOUR GRASPING AT STRAWS INFURIATES ME.
I didn't bring it up. You asked if the story was factual and I pointed you to what I knew about it. I never said it was current. I didn't even say it was relevant to anything except to answer your question about its accuracy.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

George wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't bring it up. You asked if the story was factual and I pointed you to what I knew about it. I never said it was current. I didn't even say it was relevant to anything except to answer your question about its accuracy.
My comments were not directed at you George but to Joe and his foolish and pitiful attempt to discredit TEC.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>My comments were not directed at you George but to Joe and his foolish and pitiful attempt to discredit TEC.
TEC discredits itself; I just post it to this forum.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Anglican Communion News Service
Funds misused in the Anglican Church of Mexico
Posted On : June 7, 2002 4:12 PM | Posted By : Admin ACO
ACNS: ACNS3016
Related Categories: Central America
TWO THOUSAND AND TWO......AND JUST HOW CURRENT IS A TEN YEAR OLD ARTICLE. YOUR GRASPING AT STRAWS INFURIATES ME.
I did not see that this article was TEN years old!

Why did you post this, Joe?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not see that this article was TEN years old!
Why did you post this, Joe?
He posted it because he grasps at straws and will look for anything to harm The Episcopal Church. Just report the post. I DID.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>He posted it because he grasps at straws and will look for anything to harm The Episcopal Church ...
TEC discredits itself; I just post it to this forum.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
TEC discredits itself; I just post it to this forum.
This article is from 2002 and the event was another 7 years prior. Can you keep it CURRENT? Saw something in this CENTURY...DECADE, perhaps?

I love catching you with your pants down and spanking that bottom.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 30, 2012
 
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>This article is from 2002 and the event was another 7 years prior ...
Look again.

Posted by David Virtue on 2012/5/26 6:10:00
The Episcopal Church's Persuasive Monetary Power
Church of England takes cue from The Episcopal Church in Culture Wars

News Analysis

By David W. Virtue
www.virtueonline.org
May 25, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••