Ky. Amish teen killed when SUV strikes buggy

Nov 19, 2011 Full story: WHAS11 7

An Amish teenager in Kentucky has died after his small buggy was struck from behind by a sport-utility vehicle on a rural road.

Full Story
John west

Washington, DC

#1 Nov 20, 2011
If they would wear the reflectors maybe they wouldn't get hit?!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 20, 2011
Maybe they think that non Amish haters are aiming their cars at them a see themselves as martyrs on behalf of their faith.

“Power To the People!”

Since: Sep 09

Louisville, KY

#3 Nov 20, 2011
Brainiac2 wrote:
Maybe they think that non Amish haters are aiming their cars at them a see themselves as martyrs on behalf of their faith.
Nah, nobody is that desperate for attention, perhaps it is what it is; an accident!
speeding

Glasgow, KY

#4 Nov 23, 2011
Maybe people should stop speeding? This accident happened in daylight Riggs just rear ended the buggy! If you rear end a car you gets ticket. If you kill someone in that car you get charged with murder or manslaughter. Riggs killed an 18 year old boy! Was he speeding? DWI? no one is saying......... WHY?

728 is a 2 lane road, with many fields on each side. I find it difficult to believe Riggs couldn't have avoided hitting that buggy and killing that poor boy!
refused at rite aid

Glasgow, KY

#5 Nov 23, 2011
Anyone else been refused service at rite aid in munfordville? WEnt to buy pseudo ephedrine (3 rd time I have ever bought it )and both other times were a year ago (at Rite aid). I am well over 18, had "proper id". Yet I was refused service due to the fact that I am not a "regular customer". It seems that they now refuse to sell pseudo ephedrine unless you REGULARLY buy PRESCRIPTIONS! Also prescriptions must be filled within 6 MONTHS. Now I am or WAS a regular customer but I don't often needs prescriptions so I was refused service? I was in compliance with federal and state law so what gave rite aid the right to refuse to sell to me?
Cricket

Baldwin City, KS

#6 Dec 11, 2011
speeding wrote:
Maybe people should stop speeding? This accident happened in daylight Riggs just rear ended the buggy! If you rear end a car you gets ticket. If you kill someone in that car you get charged with murder or manslaughter. Riggs killed an 18 year old boy! Was he speeding? DWI? no one is saying......... WHY?
728 is a 2 lane road, with many fields on each side. I find it difficult to believe Riggs couldn't have avoided hitting that buggy and killing that poor boy!
"thy shall not Judge"!!!! It was a Accident that is all, No Speeding!!!! No Drugs or Alcohol involved!!!! Riggs Has a Good Person!!! I want you to imagine , it being yourself who was in this Accident, can you not imagine what this man is going through!!! Yes a Young man was killed, that is Horrible, But it was a Accident!!! Plain and simple.We should all be like the Amish, With God, and have Forgiveness in our hearts!! It is too bad that People Judge People and they reallly dont know the facts , so before you Judge, remember it could happen to you also, an Accident you could be driving along yourself and it happen to you.Think about that!!! I will Pray for you!!
what about Riggs

Glasgow, KY

#7 Dec 13, 2011
Cricket wrote:
<quoted text> "thy shall not Judge"!!!! It was a Accident that is all, No Speeding!!!! No Drugs or Alcohol involved!!!! Riggs Has a Good Person!!! I want you to imagine , it being yourself who was in this Accident, can you not imagine what this man is going through!!! Yes a Young man was killed, that is Horrible, But it was a Accident!!! Plain and simple.We should all be like the Amish, With God, and have Forgiveness in our hearts!! It is too bad that People Judge People and they reallly dont know the facts , so before you Judge, remember it could happen to you also, an Accident you could be driving along yourself and it happen to you.Think about that!!! I will Pray for you!!
IF its true "no speeding" no drugs" etc then why haven't the POLICE issued such a statement> Would be more believable if not coming form a friend!Why do we hear NOTHING about him? What was his speed? Was he on the cell phone? texting? DWI?
From what I understand he was SPEEDING and looking BEHiND him at the time BECAUSE he had NO REAR VIEW MIRROR.
Accident? negligent homicide? murder? Either way a young boy is dead. Killed during daylight hours in an accident that never should have happened!
Its not about horse poop, their religion etc. It could have been YOUR CHILD on a bike, scooter, riding a horse etc. I think you would be singing a different tune then! I just ant to know why this seems like its being hushed up. Just because the Amish won't sue does NOT mean the state shouldn't press charges!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If Amish have Computers Where Do They Plug them... (Jan '14) Sep 5 Khadija 4
PUC cracking down on 'Amish taxi' drivers (Jan '08) Sep 4 Rog W 20
transgender children in the amish community (Feb '10) Sep 3 Khadija 5
Sturkie residents fight for Post Office (Nov '11) Aug 29 postal 16
Amish Have Fewer Allergies Due to a Farm Effecta (May '12) Aug 28 Jack 5
Emerging solar plants scorch birds in mid-air Aug '14 fyi 1
From peyote to sex: Religious liberty fight recast Aug '14 Faith Hits the Fa... 5
•••

Amish People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••