Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 17,349)

Showing posts 346,961 - 346,980 of511,644
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can go back to Genesis, where it all started with God. Not the apostles. My belief system comes from the throne room of God, and what He said. not man. See that's you problem Anthony you are trusting man and not the Lord.
AMEN, SISTER in the Lord. AMEN.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
First, why the need to seek outside sources? Genesis, "The beginning" to revelation,( apocalypse), is the complete history of Holy Gods engagement with creation & humans throughout eternity.
The Bible confirms God, Gods existance, and that Holy God used men of faith to write, as it was discovered/revealed.
Further we are strictly warned not to use any other source to know and love our God-Jesus. respectfully speaking.
galations 1:....
...." Paul, an apostle,(not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;) 2And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
3Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, 4Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: 5To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
Again.... 12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
Now Anthony, if I or you use a book say by a certain author,
( which I am extremeley fearful to do), and it lines up with..." 12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
Then I cautiously feel it is acceptable. Cautiously state.
I have read 6 books outside of Scripture. I had the Bible open the entire time, and diligently sought the counsel of Holy Spirit while reading. I no longer do so. I allow Holy Spirit to teach me through HIS Bible/word...people, and circumstances.
You know, I thought since my imminent departure is some 1-2 months from now, Holy God would relax the "trials". No way brother, Holy God has the "trial iron" pressed deep upon me.
And I have grown more in the past year in Messiah God/Jesus, than the past 20. Thats Holy God. We grow through trials brother. Even a Blessing is trial.
GREAT POST, Orville, and thank you!:)
Kilhoffer Street Rules

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Catholic is the first and only true Christain religion. Everything else like Lutherin, Baptist etc. were started by disgruntled dorks.

If the Pope didn't think the Catholic church was the only way, I don't think he would be Catholic.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Wahats up New Age.Someone was trying to humiliate Truth. I was defending him as "one of us". In other words he is just as welcome to post here with us as anyone else. I do not like bullies.
Agreed - freedom of speech is worth every penny you spend on it.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes without saying,'new-age'r.
Mutually agreed. Good.
Orville

Dallas, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"yes. But they are innocent as they cannot yet comprehend sin, it's consequences and salavtion is stricly through Holy God-Jesus."
Yes, infants are born with the stain of sin.
"Thus, when an infant passes away, they are received by Merciful and loving Holy God. Instantly."
This is unbiblical. 1) Sin cannot enter heaven. 2) the bible does not say they go to heaven.
"The core issue here is perhaps the "age of accountability"."
There is no "age of accountability" in the bible.

I agree..." Sin cannot enter heaven".

Nor can I a "sinner". So, how do I find acceptance into the Holy of Holy's, being the immaculate dwelling place of Holy God?

God hasn't called us just to salvation, or to heaven, or to receive his pardon. Rather, these are all the benefits of our one true call. And that call is to be holy as the Father is holy.

Every believer in the church of Jesus the Christ, is called to be holy as Christ is holy. Simply put, this means to be pure and blameless in God's sight.

"But that's impossible," you say. "Am I really supposed to be as holy as Jesus was? He was spotless, blameless, perfect. How could anyone live up to that standard? Besides, doesn't the Bible say,'There is none holy as the Lord'?"

That was the very purpose of the law ó to show how impossible it is for us to measure up to God's standard of holiness. No amount of human willpower, strength or ability could ever make anyone holy.

So, if there is none holy but the Lord, how do we truly become a holy people?

Christ's holiness has to become our holiness.

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

AGAIN...." 10By the which will we are sanctified,( cleansed), through the offering of the body of Jesus the Holy Christ once for all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
All I did was post you the truth Anthony. You have to face the facts.
Of course, according to Tony 'you are ignorant and pathetic', LTM .. he does not know any better, and his claims that he will pray for your 'tortured soul' are moot.

It is obvious from reading your posts that you KNOW the Lord. Stand fast, Sister ---- do not allow the likes of Tony to dissuade your honest witness.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

You are misled young padawan.
Just because you never reesearched your religion before joining up, doesn't mean to have to take offense to all others.
You say, "you are here to attempt to confuse, betray, malign, and lie."
Okay - if this is what you think, then tell me how. Tell me what I am saying that has caused this. Tell me something that I have posted that directly does this. You do have these things, correct?
Then post them openly and as you say,'honestly'.
If I am incorrect, I'll admit. Will you give me the same courtesy?
We'll first have to see you post these "claims" you have of me.
BTW "just" - this forum isn't about me, remember?
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
you asked; I will happily respond:
The New Age movement is a joke. It reads into Scripture what it wants to read. It dismisses what it thinks is either unimportant, or 'not fit for this modern world'. It changes with the 'times'... it 'goes with the modern flow'.
The truths of Jesus are not to played with, not to be altered, abused, or dismissed.
New-Age-ism does just that. It claims that what was good yesterday is not good today.
It tries in vain to alter His Word to read the way it wants it to read, and as a result, we have so many different Bible versions, it is pathetic.
I admit to reading other Bible versions, for comparison.
But I will not be compromised from God's truth in HIS WORD.
The most accurate Bible to date seems to be the KJV.
IT is my prime Bible reading; the other versions are secondary.
I once left KJV and went to NIV, but soon found it does not quite measure up with the truth of the KJV, 1611.
Modern new-age religion has altered the wording of age-old hymns, changed the music, added 'modern' wording to suit 'today'.
No -- that is not good enough.
Give me the tried and TRUE... Gimme that OLD-TIME religion... it's good enough for me.
Thanks for your opinion.

Now back to.....

"You say, "you are here to attempt to confuse, betray, malign, and lie."
Okay - if this is what you think, then tell me how. Tell me what I am saying that has caused this. Tell me something that I have posted that directly does this. You do have these things, correct?
Then post them openly and as you say,'honestly'.

There has got to be something that has miffed you. Please be specific.

Just because I pointed out your deficiency in Jesus, you have to get angered at others? Why?
LTM

Blind River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

cont
There is some groundless tradition that says Peter was in Rome. One problem with the tradition is that the tradition is full of errors, mistakes, things that are incorrect. Iíve read parts of Josephus, all of the Apostolic Fathers, in English translation. Time and time again, as I read in these old writings, or check some writers reference to them. The references are there but in the very context in which the references are found the whole thing was full of things that are contradictory to the New Testament. Therefore being contrary to the New Testament their evidence is worthless.
Josephus' writings contain so much that is fanciful and even just plain ridiculous that a person has to try to pick out what is fact and what is fiction. You cannot just say Josephus said such and such and say that is a fact; that is true. No, you have to weigh the things that he says very carefully. Is it true? Are there other things in the history of that time that corroborates what he says. You cannot just take it because Josephus said it and say, "thatís a fact!" Many times he contradicts what the Bible says. When he gives the "History of the Jews", the history of Israelite people, time and time again, he contradicts what the Old Testament says concerning the history of the Jewish people. So you have to be very careful when you read these writings. Old? Yes, they are. Josephus wrote around the time shortly after Christ lived. He probably died shortly after 100 AD, himself. So he was living in old times.
You have to be careful concerning the tradition that Peter was in Rome. We find something of this written in Irenaeus, one of the Early Church Fathers. He says in one place in his writings that Matthew wrote his gospel while Peter and Paul were in Rome preaching the gospel and founding the Church there. All right, he makes a very plain statement. He says Peter and Paul were in Rome preaching the gospel and founding the church there. He says that Matthew wrote his gospel at that time. Eusebius, who lived in the 400s AD, says that Peter founded the Church in Rome. Eusebius did not live when Peter lived. Josephus did live while Peter was still alive, but Eusebius is using the records that are available to him to get his information and he says Peter, having founded the church at Antioch [which he did not], departed for Rome, preaching the gospel. So both of these, Eusebius, three centuries later, and Irenaeus in the 200s or late 100s says that Peter was in Rome. The only trouble is, both of these statements contain error, false information. Peter did not found the church at Antioch, yet this is what Eusebius records. It says after Peter founded the Church at Antioch, he departed for Rome. Peter did not found the church at Antioch. Nor did he and Paul preach together at Rome. So both Irenaeus and Eusebius in their writing what they believed was history were in error concerning what they say about Peter and Paul. So the tradition is not reliable. We cannot take it for any worth whatever. Take it as they say with a grain of salt and better take a lot of salt with it.

Then, we come to something else which is far more important,[i.e.] the silence of the Apostle Paul with respect to the Apostle Peter and the city of Rome. As you recall, Paul wrote much of the New Testament. They cover a tremendous number of years and thatís not all, one of the books (one of the major ones) was written to the Christians who lived in Rome. Also there were four written from Rome, during his first imprisonment and then a couple of more written from Rome during his last imprisonment shortly before he was killed because of his faith and preaching the Gospel. In all of these letters of Paul to the churches (to the Christians) either at Rome or from the city of Rome to others he mentions Christians in each of them. In fact he mentions by name a great number of them. And do you know what, he NEVER mentions Peter!
Cont
Orville

Dallas, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Kilhoffer Street Rules wrote:
Catholic is the first and only true Christain religion. Everything else like Lutherin, Baptist etc. were started by disgruntled dorks.
If the Pope didn't think the Catholic church was the only way, I don't think he would be Catholic.

Not so...." 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Thus, Holy Messiah-Jesus is the Church. No exceptions. And Holy Jesus, is not about religions. he is about love, life, and all things good.
LTM

Blind River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

cont
Now letís look a little more closely at what he says. In the book of Romans, chapter one verses 1 and 7 he says: Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,[and then verse 7] To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. Then as he completes his salutation he says, Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ,Ö an apostle to all who are in Rome, Beloved of God, called to be saints. This would be better translated as the New American Standard Version puts it, "To all who are believers loved of God in Rome." He wasnít just writing to the general population of the city of Rome. He was writing to the Saints. The New American Standard says, to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called saints. This is who he was writing to and as he wrote to them, when you come down to the last chapter of the book of Romans, he sends greetings to 27 members of the church, members of the body of Christ, the saints in Rome, BUT he doesnít mention any Peter! He said nothing whatever about the Apostle Peter, and according to the tradition of the Church of Rome, Peter was there from 42 to 67 AD. When did Paul write the book of Romans? He wrote the book of Romans around 58 AD. Now if Peter was in Rome from 42 to 67 AD that means by 58 AD, that Peter should have been there for about 16 years. Not only that but their tradition tells us that he was the head of the church. He was the chief pastor in the city of Rome. What would we think or what would any church think, or what would the ethics and morals of a man be who wrote to a church and didnít even mention the pastorómentioned 27 other people, 27 other saints of God there, but didnít say a word of greeting to the pastor! Soundís kind of ridiculous, doesnít it. Well, really the reason Paul didnít mention Peter is because Peter wasnít there. Peter wasnít the pastor. Peter wasnít the preacher there of the saints in the church at Rome. Paul doesnít mention Peter because he was not there. This point alone, I think, should be sufficient to open the eyes of the most blind, the most stubborn, to the fact that Peter was not the founder of the church in Rome. He was not there when Paul wrote around 58 ADósupposedly 16 years after Peter was there and founded the church!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The most accurate Bible to date seems to be the KJV.
You are clueless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
yes Brother. But I always remember....I was the same. "LOST" and NON-Repentant.
UNDERSTOOD!!!!! So was I, for having the stupidity to once say that 'Jesus never existed'.

I praise and thank God for His forgiveness, because for me to say such a thing should [by rights] have consigned me to Hell for eternity.

I learned my lesson. I KNOW GOD exists, and certainly does JESUS!

I just hope and pray Michael will retract his comment.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERY belief system from the past until today have the same method of operation, the same core values......"join our group and we will save your soul". "Failing to do this too bad for you"! Scare tactics actually work, religious leaders know this, and they just keep pounding away at the meek and fearful.... but not on me.
I know right from wrong. Live my life better than most religious people do. If thats not good enough for God, than I will take my chances.
post back what I posted is not true?

If I may?

You wrote:
EVERY belief system from the past until today have the same method of operation, the same core values......"join our group and we will save your soul".

"join our group and we will save your soul".?????????

I have never heard those words from any church I have been to.

A church can't save anyone.Only the Jesus saves souls.

Not only that,I know of no church in my area that ask someone to join their church unless the person is already saved.

The church is the saved.The ones that are born again.
Orville

Dallas, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Judged:

Pope's Butler Arrested
by The Associated Press

text size A A A May 26, 2012 The Vatican confirmed on Saturday that the pope's butler has been arrested in its embarrassing leaks scandal, adding a Hollywood twist to a sordid tale of power struggles, intrigue and corruption in the highest levels of Catholic Church governance.

Paolo Gabriele, a layman and member of the papal household, was arrested Wednesday after secret documents were found in his Vatican City apartment and was continuing to be held Saturday, Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi said in a statement.

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/26/153769833/popes...

++++++++++

Equilivant to the Jim Baker, TBN, Jimmy swaggart & other scandals.

because " For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23
Orville

Dallas, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Pope's Butler Arrested
by The Associated Press

text size A A A May 26, 2012 The Vatican confirmed on Saturday that the pope's butler has been arrested in its embarrassing leaks scandal, adding a Hollywood twist to a sordid tale of power struggles, intrigue and corruption in the highest levels of Catholic Church governance.

Paolo Gabriele, a layman and member of the papal household, was arrested Wednesday after secret documents were found in his Vatican City apartment and was continuing to be held Saturday, Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi said in a statement.

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/26/153769833/popes ...

++++++++++

Equivalent to the Jim Baker, TBN, Jimmy Swaggart & other scandals.

Because " For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The problem is you have no idea who has received or how one receives the Holy Spirit.
Pathetic, Tony ... TRULY, blatantly pathetic.

The Holy Spirit was promised BY Jesus before He departed to prepare Heaven for those who believe in Him.

IOW, you do not believe He sent the Holy Spirit, which is sad.
Jesus never lied. Jesus never sinned, PERIOD.
When a person comes to believe on the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit comes to that person, AS JESUS PROMISED.
The thing is, you have to honestly believe.
Faith in a pope or a man-made set of rules and regs won't do it.
We are saved by GRACE, through FAITH in Jesus, who promised all believer that He would send the HELPER, namely, the HOLY SPIRIT.
LTM

Blind River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Kilhoffer Street Rules wrote:
?????????? WHAT??????????

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep -- I ACCEPT WHAT IS IN THE BIBLE.
Of course you do, because you refuse to research the contents.

Many so-called "Christians" reflect this same motivation.

"Many are called, few understand."
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is 'naghamm'? What is that to me?
Certainly IF I am wrong, I WILL apologize. I will not allow an error I find I made to go without apology, and my previous posts should have already told you that.
The Nag Hammadi Library is a cache of books foound inteh Egyptian desert in about 1945. 52 different texts dating to around the 3rd and 4th century - all having to do with teachings by Jesus.

You said you follow Jesus, I say you follow what men gave you to believe who Jesus was. I also say, that you believe in a portion of Jesus, and not his completeness. This is a choice you made, no other.
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As for my being 'hasty', think again. I do not lightly reply to these posts.
I can see this, because you haven't the knowledge to refute the facts. Understandable, everyone who has been indoctrinated into a religion goes through this. You are not different.
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully intend to see the TRUTH spread here, in order to bring more TO GOD rather than be swayed away.
That would be off-topic.
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the Lord, and am in HIS SERVICE. Small though my service may be, I will speak out against lies and heresy.
Only men have labeled what is heresy and what is not. "God" never did, so why do you?
justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept what God has assigned me to do, plain and simple.
Did you get that in writing?

N.A.V.Y.= Never Again Volunteer Yourself

justachristian1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be bullied, or intimidated into accepting false teachings.
You go!! Rah-rah-rah! NO BULLIES!! NO BULLIES!

You can be a good advocate if you really try.

BTW - I'm not a bully, you can trust me on that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Churches mentioned in scripture are Catholic. No, they weren't called that yet, it took a few decades more for the name. The first recorded use of the name "Catholic" was by St. Ignatius of Antioch in about AD 100. He was ordained by St. Peter, and taught by him and St. John.
Nonsense.
'They weren't called that yet'-- pure unabashed, unadulterated POPPYCOCK.
your 'St. Peter' nonsense is equally offensive, and nothing but a lie. Peter was never a pope.
He was never a romanist, let alone a 'pope'.
Your lot crucified Peter, remember?
What a way for a 'pope' to die.... your cult speaks so much, yet says NOTHING.
ENOUGH of your romanist lies. Be silent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 346,961 - 346,980 of511,644
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Religion Forum right now

Search the Religion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,938
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Dave Nelson 216,279
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 4 min No Surprise 583
Katy Perry video causes uproar for disrespectin... 8 min lil biggy 140
Muslims are destroying America (Jan '12) 10 min Shun abuse be kind 292
Israeli police enter holy site 'to disperse riot' 10 min muslimomugumbo 4
Saint Sava cathedral (Mar '13) 20 min Vnugo Nesveti Krava 45
•••
•••
•••
•••