Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,182
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
jethro8

Brockton, MA

#360711 May 27, 2012
chore time,chat later people,have a good morning,be safe,and be nice,bye bye.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#360712 May 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the goods Jesus?
Grow that arm or leg back for the person praying for it. Why descriminate against them and help someone who claims to have a bad cough and it is cured..........show us!
The lord said. Only say thy name and thee shall be healed..........haven't seen it yet!
........its a good thing I have all my limbs..........for those missing parts, sorry, God is not listening to you.
It takes Faith to be healed in that scense. Peter wanted to healed and Christ told him his Faith was sufficiant. There is a time and season for everything. We are healed in Christ looking forward to the day of redeeemtion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#360714 May 27, 2012
The Lord has laid this on my heart for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.

Many people have died to make us free. Freedom has a price. Our freedom was purchased with the blood of many brave men and women. On this Memorial Day we thank them and honor them for their sacrifice.

Over two thousand years ago their was another sacrifice for our freedom. This freedom was also paid with blood. The blood of an innocent spotless lamb who laid down His life for us. Not because we deserved it but because He loved us and wanted to set us free from death and sin. His name was Jesus.

Are you free? Truly free? Free, not because you live in the USA but eternally free? Jesus wants to set you free. Jesus died to set you free. Will you be free?

These words are not magic words. Only God knows our heart but if you want to be saved, rescued and set free from eternal death you can be. Today! Right now!

"Jesus, I confess I am lost and in need of Savior. Lord I have sinned against you and heaven. I believe you died for me on a cross and you were raised to life on the third day. I am not worthy of your love and mercy Lord but it is only by your love and mercy I can be saved. Lord, please accept me into your family graciouly and love me eternally. Amen."

http://youtu.be/grGGxlPJZF8

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#360715 May 27, 2012
You are going to kill me for sending this to you because it is so addictive!
You will find yourself sitting and playing this game when you really need to be doing something else instead.
But, it is fun and challenging, so enjoy!
This will drive you nuts
click below

UNDER WATER BOWLING

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/full/ap/304...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#360716 May 27, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
You are going to kill me for sending this to you because it is so addictive!
You will find yourself sitting and playing this game when you really need to be doing something else instead.
But, it is fun and challenging, so enjoy!
This will drive you nuts
click below
UNDER WATER BOWLING
http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/full/ap/304...
Kill you? Hahah!! I just bookmarked it!! Got 92 on my first try :)

Location hidden

#360717 May 27, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Always pray for the understanding, and God will give you His perspective,naturally it is not ours.You show wisdom in your post,and God will always bless your for it.Thank you dear one for your respect,i receive it in Jesus' Name.
Thank you, Pad, and I hope you have a great day :)

Location hidden

#360718 May 27, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad to read this post from you.We need each and every member of the body of Christ.Remember that the foot nor the hand nor the ear can exist without the other.I hope you have a good journey with the Lord you seek to serve.
Well, there certainly have been some pitfalls along the way, frustration, etc... but to me, the journey is leading me in the right direction! But just knowing the Good Lord is there helps tremendously, knowing also how He has been pulling me out of those pits all along the way.:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#360719 May 27, 2012
Michael, please check this out. You were looking for proof of Jesus healing. This may not be what you were seeking.

Research this man. His name is Smith Wigglesworth. God used him in many miraculous ways. Smith never took credit for the miracles God had done through him.

Here is a small bleep about him.....

HEALING

Smith would pray and the blind would see, and the deaf were healed, people came out of wheelchairs, and cancers were destroyed. One remarkable story is when He prayed for a woman in a hospital. While he and a friend were praying she died. He took her out of the bed stood her against the wall and said "in the name of Jesus I rebuke this death". Her whole body began to tremble. The he said "in the name of Jesus walk", and she walked. Everywhere he would go he would teach and then show the power of God. He began to receive requests from all over the world. He taught in Europe, Asia, New Zealand and many other areas. When the crowds became very large he began a "wholesale healing". He would have everyone who needed healing lay hands on themselves and then he would pray. Hundreds would be healed at one time.

Over Smith's ministry it was confirmed that 14 people were raised from the dead. Thousands were saved and healed and he impacted whole continents for Christ. Smith died on March 12, 1947 at the funeral of his dear friend Wilf Richardson. His ministry was based on four principles:

1. Read the Word of God
2. Consume the Word of God until it consumes you. 3. Believe the Word of God
4. Act on the Word

Location hidden

#360720 May 27, 2012
Oxbow wrote:
Purgatory
The Catholic Church teaches that a Christian's soul must burn in purgatory after death until all of their sins have been purged. To speed up the purging process, money may be paid to a priest so he can pray and have special masses for an earlier release.
This heresy began creeping into the Roman Church during the reign of Pope Gregory around the end of the sixth century, and it has no scriptural support.
In fact, Jesus warned us about this pagan practice in Matthew 23:14 when He spoke of those who devoured widows houses and made long prayers for a pretence.
Psalm 49:6-7 tells us that a person couldn't redeem a loved one, even if such a place did exist: "They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:"
Peter addresses this issue in Acts 8:20 when he says, "Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money." God's word is clearly against the doctrine of purgatory.
Absolutely.
I find the entire false doctrine of 'purgatory' insulting to Jesus. The implication is that Jesus left some things unfinished before He died on the cross, and 'romanism had to finish what He left behind'...
Knowing Jesus did not leave anything unfinished, the romish religion is once again trying to 'be the master, not the servant' in its false claims and usurpation of authority it does not have.

Location hidden

#360721 May 27, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
"Anthony MN":
You never grasped what the Church is. The spirit that opened your eyes is not the Holy Spirit. I'm sorry for you.
--
--
oh, Anthony.
There were cults even in the days of Paul and the Apostles! Now THAT means that your church "could possibly be" a cult. No?
I am sorry, for YOU, that you cannot see the that Catholic Church is, indeed, the world's largest (so called "Christian") Cult, headed up by the Pope.
Those willing to allow themselves to be reasoned with, can see that the church is evil, and always has been. God does not support evil! How could he?
The church has murdered, tortured, raped in "God's" name - they have covered up for priests raping little children. They have done this for centuries. Since the day Constantine said, "In this sign, conquer" ... when he rode out to make war. The Crusades, the Inquisition, the Holocaust ... the PAGAN rites and rituals ...
remember: If it's Pagan, it's from Satan and after that you are simply arguing semantics.
That the church does not see anything wrong with what they do, is beyond the pale and proves just how entrenched into, and blinded by, the lies they really are.
-
Embracing the lies, you embrace Satan. Can you not see that?
-
You will KNOW the Truth and the TRUTH will set you free!
-
The TRUTH SETS YOU FREE from ALL THE LIES.
-
and their FIRST LIE is insisting on calling priests "Father" thereby usurping the command of Christ! So basically, you are saying the POPES (who have historically tortured and murdered and sanctioned torture and murder and child rape) have MORE authority than CHRIST! How foul is that already? How filthy would it have to get before you are willing to let YOUR EYES be OPENED?
It started with this blasphemy:
Pope = Father.
But CHRIST said:
Matthew 23:09 ... call no man your father ... for one is your Father and he is in heaven.
Thousands of "Protestant Denominations" have been trying to wrap their brains around this for hundreds of years ... trying to clean up the filthy, nasty, vile mess that has been left by the Catholic Church.
After the 1,700 years of countless murders and tortures and pedophiles later === can you NOT see yow this would be no easy task?
Tell you what ... When all the Protestant churches COMBINED have murdered and tortured and raped as many as the Catholic Church has, throughout its history, then you can say you feel sorry for them.
HOLY Spirit was never in your church. HOLY Spirit is clean and pure worship. Holy Spirit does not go where it does not belong. Ever.
Now. Anthony. Do YOU think YOU can grasp what the "church" ... IS?
Its VISIBLE fruits show it is abomination. What lies hidden behind the Vatican walls ... remains to be seen, and is most likely even GREATER abomination!
Absolutely great post, Guest .. and thank you.
The Book of Revelation, Chapters 17 & 18 clearly spell out romanism's demise. It's guilt will be visible for all to see.
No wonder the present 'pope' is so upset over the Vatileaks --- now he says "The butler did it"!
The real reason their pope doesn't want anyone to know about those secret documents is obvious... it will only expose romanism for what it is all the more.
And all the infighting between its hierarchy is something he wants to hide as well.
Little does he know, but the church of popery is being given the rope, and it is already hanging itself.

Location hidden

#360722 May 27, 2012
PoPz wrote:
Pope’s butler arrested
Nightly News
Nightly News
Video
Egypt election has stunning outcome
Nightly News
Really all these centuries of absolute lies, absolute contradiction of Scripture, Horrific Child Rape and cover ups at highest Levels. I could go on all night!!!!!!!!
And Now this damning story of a damn vatican and FALSE doctrine of men!!!!!!! And still fools ignorant, blind and full of pride still maintain that crap doctrine is TRUE!!
Blasphemy!!! To SAY CHRIST RESIDES IN THIS HIDEUOS INSTITUTION!!!!! Poor Poor Church Members indoctrinated into an outright lie, and like muslims, and others.....just unable to see or accept the origins of their religion!!! LUCIFER is sure painting His Masterpiece right now. "The Whole is deceived" So it is written. Everything transpiring today are Prophecies being fullfilled!!!
YES -- Biblical prophecy IS being fulfilled. Popery is on the fragile edge of the abyss, and about to tumble into that bottomless pit.
Yet, in its arrogance (and effects of brainwashing on its members) it still insists 'WE are The Church created by Christ'.... Amazingly, in the tortures of their 'inquisition', statues of their Jesus on the cross were covered with opaque material 'so Jesus could not see the heretics being punished', according to historical records.
Their guilt has piled higher than the ceilings of their 'church' buildings. They know it; they simply refuse to admit it. But the day is dawning where they will have NO choice.

Location hidden

#360723 May 27, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not leave nothing unfinished, this is why HE left HIS True Church [1 Tim 3:15] in charge to carry on HIS mission.[Luke 10:16, John 16:12-13]
Monkey muffins, madam. I KNOW Jesus left nothing unfinished. The reason your cult invented 'purgatory' was to supposedly 'finish off what He left unfinished'. In its arrogance, it decided that 'further work was needed' for a romanist to be considered 'fit' to enter Heaven, yet it also sold useless 'indulgences' to supposedly lessen a soul's time in that imaginary place. All the money paid for the 'release of their souls' went into the priests' pockets.
And what about the tall tale concerning Mary 'rescuing from purgatory all who wore the brown scapular'?
You are a farce, believing what your founder John Smyth a mortal-man to start a 'new little church' with its own made up rules. LOL
OTC, madam, YOU are the farce.
Just because I am Baptist, that doesn't make me a follower of Smyth. The Baptist faith teaches the closest to the Bible than any others I have checked out.
And if you care to recall, madam: I no longer attend organized religious services, but worship at home.
Jesus Himself said it at the Last Supper, "This IS my body which will be given up for you" This IS my blood which will be given up for you" John 6
But….. NOooooo you'd rather go with John Smyth a nut that baptized himself!!!!!
Ha, ha, ha!!!!
Jesus never emphasized the 'is' madam.
Your cult did.
Jesus spoke FIGURATIVELY, not literally. He also said about participating in the Lord's Table: "THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME". That proves right there that He spoke of the bread and the wine being SYMBOLIC elements of His flesh and blood.
Call me whatever you like, madam. It means nothing, and I forgive you for it.
But as long as you continue to willingly remain with popery, you are damning yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#360724 May 27, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
catholic.net states "queen of heaven,rejoice,alleluia,may,mo nth dedicated to mary give her a flower. is this a right thing to do or not?.....remember" for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God"
"THE BUTLER DID IT"

As you know the news media is at a fevered pitch with the latest scandals coming out of the vatican. VATI-LEAKS..

Power struggles between the bishops/cardinals within the vatican. NO! Can't be true! Corruption at the HIGHEST level of the Governance of the catholic church......leaked documents clearly show this. NO! can't be true!

This is right out of an old ALFORD HITCHCOCK drama......"THE BUTLER DID IT"

With so many scandals, catholics are now learning of what is really going on behind the curtains within the vatican.

My next life is starting to look much better now that these so called leaders of the "ONE TRUE CHURCH" are the biggest phonies of all, yet catholics still won't give themselves a "WAKE UP CALL" as to what is really going on. Catholics still believe the bishops/cardinals and pope within vatican city are "JUST ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY".......UNBELIEVABL E!

Militant conservative apologist Catholics better soon get a grip on what is transpiring within the crumbling structure of their church at the highest level.

If Jesus really built the catholic church, he better return quickly with re-inforced materials, before the whole thing comes tumbling down.

my my my!....

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/ye...

Location hidden

#360725 May 27, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be such an idiot!! Read the history!
“The New Testament contains five different metaphors for the foundation of the Church (Matt. 16:18, 1 Cor. 3:11, Eph. 2:20, 1 Pet. 2:5–6, Rev. 21:14). One metaphor that has been disputed is Jesus Christ’s calling the apostle Peter "rock": "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).
Some have tried to argue that Jesus did not mean that his Church would be built on Peter but on something else.
JESUS is that ROCK, not Peter. JESUS is the HEAD of HIS CHURCH, not your elected pope, who is merely a cult leader of the MAN-MADE romanist religion.

Deu_32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Deu_32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

1Sa_2:2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

2Sa_22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
2Sa_22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
2Sa_22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
2Sa_22:47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.

Psa_18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psa_18:31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
Psa_18:46 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#360726 May 27, 2012
OldJG wrote:
Michael, please check this out. You were looking for proof of Jesus healing. This may not be what you were seeking.
Research this man. His name is Smith Wigglesworth. God used him in many miraculous ways. Smith never took credit for the miracles God had done through him.
Here is a small bleep about him.....
HEALING
Smith would pray and the blind would see, and the deaf were healed, people came out of wheelchairs, and cancers were destroyed. One remarkable story is when He prayed for a woman in a hospital. While he and a friend were praying she died. He took her out of the bed stood her against the wall and said "in the name of Jesus I rebuke this death". Her whole body began to tremble. The he said "in the name of Jesus walk", and she walked. Everywhere he would go he would teach and then show the power of God. He began to receive requests from all over the world. He taught in Europe, Asia, New Zealand and many other areas. When the crowds became very large he began a "wholesale healing". He would have everyone who needed healing lay hands on themselves and then he would pray. Hundreds would be healed at one time.
Over Smith's ministry it was confirmed that 14 people were raised from the dead. Thousands were saved and healed and he impacted whole continents for Christ. Smith died on March 12, 1947 at the funeral of his dear friend Wilf Richardson. His ministry was based on four principles:
1. Read the Word of God
2. Consume the Word of God until it consumes you. 3. Believe the Word of God
4. Act on the Word
Never heard of him.

How many people missing limbs went to him, he prayed and their arms or legs grew back?

I watch TV evangelists every week and they cure people all the time. They too say so.

Muslims too claim to have healing and miracle prayers that work. Do you believe them?

I say baloney to all of it......and you should too.

Things happen because they happen.

Location hidden

#360727 May 27, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen great post
Thank you, LTM. Have a great day :)

Location hidden

#360728 May 27, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is our foundation, St. Peter is only a rock.
Peter is a mere 'stone'. JESUS IS THE ROCK.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#360729 May 27, 2012
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be dead when you die, but us Catholics will be very much ALIVE with Christ!!!!!!!
SAINTS LIFTED UP++++++++++
Mt 27:52 The bodies of many saints were raised
Something about Blessed Mary... Our heavenly Blessed Mother....
No. Your story is totally UN-convincing.
Romanism is accursed.
It's sordid, filthy, greedy, bloodthirsty history reveals what the thing is. It is doomed, it is Pagan; it serves Satan, not God.
And every member who willingly remains within it will suffer its penalties when God destroys it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#360730 May 27, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the funny thing about you so-called "Christians"....
- you'll call it New Age, but it really isn't. It has always been there, just shielded from the eyes of those ['the many'] who it should be revealed to ('the few').
Claim the new age movement is old all you like. It is a farce.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#360731 May 27, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
"THE BUTLER DID IT"
As you know the news media is at a fevered pitch with the latest scandals coming out of the vatican. VATI-LEAKS..
Power struggles between the bishops/cardinals within the vatican. NO! Can't be true! Corruption at the HIGHEST level of the Governance of the catholic church......leaked documents clearly show this. NO! can't be true!
This is right out of an old ALFORD HITCHCOCK drama......"THE BUTLER DID IT"
With so many scandals, catholics are now learning of what is really going on behind the curtains within the vatican.
My next life is starting to look much better now that these so called leaders of the "ONE TRUE CHURCH" are the biggest phonies of all, yet catholics still won't give themselves a "WAKE UP CALL" as to what is really going on. Catholics still believe the bishops/cardinals and pope within vatican city are "JUST ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY".......UNBELIEVABL E!
Militant conservative apologist Catholics better soon get a grip on what is transpiring within the crumbling structure of their church at the highest level.
If Jesus really built the catholic church, he better return quickly with re-inforced materials, before the whole thing comes tumbling down.
my my my!....
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/ye...
I may have asked you this before (i have short term memory problems cause of cancer drug)but do you believe there is a heaven or a hell? a god? what are your views if you don't mind me asking,you can tell me to buzz off if you like,i understand,relgion is a personal issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 min tongangodz 22,544
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 7 min danetoo 384,153
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 8 min woodtick57 760
Jehovah's Witness Leader Lets Loose on Tight At... 15 min Christshariahns 308
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 22 min Friend of all 14,431
Austrian bill would ban foreign funding for mos... 24 min Jonas Gainsford 2
Jehovah's Witnesses Banned as 'Extremist' in Ru... 53 min Maravilla 24

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE