Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
346,961 - 346,980 of 532,735 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:

You never grasped what the Church is. The spirit that opened your eyes is not the Holy Spirit. I'm sorry for you.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Oh how easy for you to make such a statement,when the reasons for so many exiting Catholics has basically been"Do as they say,but don't do as they do." The standards for daily Christian living has been overshadowed in the RCC by fulfilling the rituals,and forsaking the concrete moral teaching that comes from the Word.So many Catholics recite what their Church tells them to do,but few really know how to apply Scripture to their lives.The role models your Church offers are celibate saints who often castigated themselves,and even used self mortification.Role models for everyday men and women who live and work,raise families is not a celibate monk or nun,that beats themselves with ropes,or spends long hours prostrate on their faces before statues and crucifixes.
-
"Anthony MN":
You never grasped what the Church is. The spirit that opened your eyes is not the Holy Spirit. I'm sorry for you.
--
--

oh, Anthony.

There were cults even in the days of Paul and the Apostles! Now THAT means that your church "could possibly be" a cult. No?

I am sorry, for YOU, that you cannot see the that Catholic Church is, indeed, the world's largest (so called "Christian") Cult, headed up by the Pope.

Those willing to allow themselves to be reasoned with, can see that the church is evil, and always has been. God does not support evil! How could he?

The church has murdered, tortured, raped in "God's" name - they have covered up for priests raping little children. They have done this for centuries. Since the day Constantine said, "In this sign, conquer" ... when he rode out to make war. The Crusades, the Inquisition, the Holocaust ... the PAGAN rites and rituals ...

remember: If it's Pagan, it's from Satan and after that you are simply arguing semantics.

That the church does not see anything wrong with what they do, is beyond the pale and proves just how entrenched into, and blinded by, the lies they really are.

-
Embracing the lies, you embrace Satan. Can you not see that?
-
You will KNOW the Truth and the TRUTH will set you free!
-
The TRUTH SETS YOU FREE from ALL THE LIES.
-
and their FIRST LIE is insisting on calling priests "Father" thereby usurping the command of Christ! So basically, you are saying the POPES (who have historically tortured and murdered and sanctioned torture and murder and child rape) have MORE authority than CHRIST! How foul is that already? How filthy would it have to get before you are willing to let YOUR EYES be OPENED?

It started with this blasphemy:
Pope = Father.

But CHRIST said:
Matthew 23:09 ... call no man your father ... for one is your Father and he is in heaven.

Thousands of "Protestant Denominations" have been trying to wrap their brains around this for hundreds of years ... trying to clean up the filthy, nasty, vile mess that has been left by the Catholic Church.

After the 1,700 years of countless murders and tortures and pedophiles later === can you NOT see yow this would be no easy task?

Tell you what ... When all the Protestant churches COMBINED have murdered and tortured and raped as many as the Catholic Church has, throughout its history, then you can say you feel sorry for them.

HOLY Spirit was never in your church. HOLY Spirit is clean and pure worship. Holy Spirit does not go where it does not belong. Ever.

Now. Anthony. Do YOU think YOU can grasp what the "church" ... IS?

Its VISIBLE fruits show it is abomination. What lies hidden behind the Vatican walls ... remains to be seen, and is most likely even GREATER abomination!
PoPz

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Pope’s butler arrested
Nightly News

Nightly News
Video

Egypt election has stunning outcome
Nightly News

Really all these centuries of absolute lies, absolute contradiction of Scripture, Horrific Child Rape and cover ups at highest Levels. I could go on all night!!!!!!!!

And Now this damning story of a damn vatican and FALSE doctrine of men!!!!!!! And still fools ignorant, blind and full of pride still maintain that crap doctrine is TRUE!!

Blasphemy!!! To SAY CHRIST RESIDES IN THIS HIDEUOS INSTITUTION!!!!! Poor Poor Church Members indoctrinated into an outright lie, and like muslims, and others.....just unable to see or accept the origins of their religion!!! LUCIFER is sure painting His Masterpiece right now. "The Whole is deceived" So it is written. Everything transpiring today are Prophecies being fullfilled!!!
PoPz

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

"The Whole World is lying in the Power of the Wicked One" "He deceives the Whole World" So it is written. Churches going against Scripture! Anyone who knows the Bible knows that there can be no teachings in direct conflict and contradiction of Scripture and even consider themselves a church at all. Yet this is all prophesied!!! Catholic, Mormonism....damn by the very Bible they profess. Churches that ordain Priest and that accept ongoing homosexual relationships...all FALSE teachings and outright lies. All that is transpiring today must be!!! For all Prophecy must be fullfilled!! Yes indeed Satan and the Fallen are painting their masterpiece! All the satanic entertainment that keeps People distracted...
Homosexuality as good and acceptable. All these TV shows that glorify magic and vampires! Satanic!!!

ALL MAGIC IS DEMONIC...THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD MAGIC PERIOD! PERIOD!!! The Bible is very clear about this!! yes indeed Satan is painting His Masterpiece. "The whole World is deceived!!!"
So it is written, and so it is!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

I can't imagine what it feels like to an altar boy, after having been raped by a priest, to be forced to call them, "Father".

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Something like that would be hard to forget Jethro.
yes i know,i can't forget it myself,wish i could,and hope i'm never faced with that kind of situation again,knowing i can get mad to the point i'd could of killed that guy, with no problem if my neighbors didn't stop me is kinda thought provoking.i've been in jail before(teenage kid stuff) don't like it.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't received any mail like that YET. Jethro how are you?Hope you are doing fine,as you have been down some hard roads physically and so on.Just throw the stuff away,we receive so much advertisements in the mail,and just toss it.The Telephone marketers are so persistent,even though we have officially complained to the company that services our phone and whatever.
i'm doing ok,past my last two tests so that tells me the chemo pills are working,but,(there's allways a but)they make me tired more quickly than normal,and i don't like that,plus i get pain in my hands,and it's hard to do things,and your skin peels off your hands and feet(hope this scares a few of you so you'll go get checked)you can read up on it "xeloda" it used for colon cancer,clorectal (which i have) and breast cancer,so ladies go get checked!even if you get it there is hope out there for a long life if caught early,and as far mailings go this book i trashed yesterday is the first thing i recieved,i'm curious if i'll get anymore......how you doing??

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show us "in the bible" where it says, EVERYTHING, EVERY PHRASE, EVERY WORD, EVERY SENTENCE----MUST be in the Bible in order for it to be true.(book-chapter-verse)--ALS O--where does it say that God chose to transmit His infallible word--ONLY IN THE BIBLE.----NOWHERE!!!----This is something that you bible only buffoons have "made up" concocted and invented!! The bible was compiled over 350 years after Jesus HIMSELF established and formed HIS 1st Church at Antioch (Acts 2)
The "unwritten" word of God, the "oral" teachings of Jesus, and the verbal doctine of the Christian faith was passed on the Christs Apostles to teach the Early Christians in the Church (NOT THE BIBLE)
Try getting it through your "historical and biblical limited intellect" PAD--------that the CHURCH CAME FIRST ---then the Bible (again--over 350 years later)
In 1Tim 3:15 Paul calls the "CHURCH (Not the Bible) the Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH
In 2Thess 2:15 Paul commands the brethren "stand fast and hold the TRADITIONS which you have taught, whether by word of mouth or written.
It was the Early Church Fathers who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397AD from the documents, parchments, letters, scrolls and notes from the Apostles, taking over 300 years to compile, giving us the bible in the vernacular. The Bible as we know it today, wasn't even available (as we know it today) until 1440 when John Guetenburg invented the printing press. You bible only "blind blowhards" are "so-out-of-touch' with the reality of TRUE Apostolic Church History and the TRUE interpetation of Sacred Scripture that you "desperately" continue to "say, invent, or make-up" ANYTHING "frantically hoping" that someone--ANYONE will believe the distorts that you enjoy spreading. Yours is just more of the 40,000+ contradicting, conflicting, "personal opinion" divided Protestant "half-truth, half-heretical nonsense!! Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True CAtholic Church, you, confrinting. Orville, 4GVN, Michael, OLDJG, justachristian1 and others will CONTINUE to remain on the outside of the TRUTH --always looking in --like the Prodigal son did in Luke 15:11----THAT IS--"Until he came to his senses"!
the only thing man mad up concocted,invented is the catholic church and is falsly calling it gods church,it is a false church,becuse there is no historical evidence that it is gods church,they base their premise on apostolic succession,which i have proven beyond a doubt using church history that it does not exist,and as michael pointed out to you,why would a jew create a chritian/pagan religion and call it his true religion it doesn't make sense,stop reading the bible and try reading history books,you'll find the truth there about the unholy church.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show us "in the bible" where it says, EVERYTHING, EVERY PHRASE, EVERY WORD, EVERY SENTENCE----MUST be in the Bible in order for it to be true.(book-chapter-verse)--ALS O--where does it say that God chose to transmit His infallible word--ONLY IN THE BIBLE.----NOWHERE!!!----This is something that you bible only buffoons have "made up" concocted and invented!! The bible was compiled over 350 years after Jesus HIMSELF established and formed HIS 1st Church at Antioch (Acts 2)
The "unwritten" word of God, the "oral" teachings of Jesus, and the verbal doctine of the Christian faith was passed on the Christs Apostles to teach the Early Christians in the Church (NOT THE BIBLE)
Try getting it through your "historical and biblical limited intellect" PAD--------that the CHURCH CAME FIRST ---then the Bible (again--over 350 years later)
In 1Tim 3:15 Paul calls the "CHURCH (Not the Bible) the Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH
In 2Thess 2:15 Paul commands the brethren "stand fast and hold the TRADITIONS which you have taught, whether by word of mouth or written.
It was the Early Church Fathers who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397AD from the documents, parchments, letters, scrolls and notes from the Apostles, taking over 300 years to compile, giving us the bible in the vernacular. The Bible as we know it today, wasn't even available (as we know it today) until 1440 when John Guetenburg invented the printing press. You bible only "blind blowhards" are "so-out-of-touch' with the reality of TRUE Apostolic Church History and the TRUE interpetation of Sacred Scripture that you "desperately" continue to "say, invent, or make-up" ANYTHING "frantically hoping" that someone--ANYONE will believe the distorts that you enjoy spreading. Yours is just more of the 40,000+ contradicting, conflicting, "personal opinion" divided Protestant "half-truth, half-heretical nonsense!! Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through His One True CAtholic Church, you, confrinting. Orville, 4GVN, Michael, OLDJG, justachristian1 and others will CONTINUE to remain on the outside of the TRUTH --always looking in --like the Prodigal son did in Luke 15:11----THAT IS--"Until he came to his senses"!
also wish you'd getoff this bible obly kick,take away the bible and the other scriptures,show me how you prove god/and the story of jesus can be proven and how would you know he even existed??

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes--God gave you the bible (alright) IN and THROUGH His Historically and Biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church. The same bible that you bible only Protestants, "distort, spin, and manipulate the interpretation" (or better yet mis-interpret) to your own demise, confusion and destruction!
your the one in trouble,if emporer constantine never came to power you would not have the catholic church,history says so,organized religion is not a work of gods or jesus' it's a work of mans,the bible itself warns you of false prophets,organized religion is one of them, all churches included (sorry folks)also these phony tv evangelists who make millions and give nothing back to the poor,ken copeland being one of the worst,nowhere is it written that I have seen YET!,that gods word is ment to be called a religion,have you? or anyone here?,what he did was tell (starting with moses)how we should lead our lives to please him,and we in turn would be rewarded by going to heaven and be with him,have a wonderful eternal life,have no idea what goes on there,what are we suppose to do in heaven? sit around eating all day? not working? not doing anything? do we get to look down upon the people of earth and watch them progress? if so i hope we can watch football games,do you get to see all the wonders of the earth?(love to see the painted desert)if we do,think about the money your wasting going on vacations to see these things, when all you have to do is wait till your dead and you get to see them for free,anyway back to my point,if you want to follow gods true word and it's meaning, belonging to organized religion is not the way to go,why? because not one single group tells you the whole truth,and that is wrong,the bible is only part of the puzzle,what's the rest of it? no one can answer that question because we are not allowed to see all the writings,a particular group has some of them hidden away,and will not share with the world,that is WRONG! if gods word was ment for man/woman,every word should be seen by all of us,not just by one false group,the proof they are hiding things,we all heard the story of what happened in portugal sister lucia was told the secrets of mans future,she wrote down what she was aledgedly told,and the church got hold of these letters and kept them hidden for a very long time,i'm not sure if the contents of the letter/s are known,i do know for a fact the church has them and will not allow anyone to read them.knowing that,how many more writings do they have that we do not know about,one i would guess is the fact that the C.C. is not the true church.....bottom line is no matter what group you belong to (and you shouldn't) does not matter,first thing that has to happen is "IS THE ONE GOD THEORY TRUE?"

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, I was raised Catholic, attended strictly catholic schools untill 12th grade. Mass every Sunday and I was an "alter boy". I know everything you know. I even considered catholic "Preisthood".
Holy Spirit opened my "eyes" to catholisim. Now I belong to Holy Jesus, not a religion. Not the Baptist, Methodist, ET.....Holy Jesus. Where we all must be. None of the aforementioned religions will offer a man salvation. Not even a remote opportunity. Zero.
very well put.and accurate.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

catholic.net states "queen of heaven,rejoice,alleluia,may,mo nth dedicated to mary give her a flower. is this a right thing to do or not?.....remember" for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God"

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Kilhoffer Street Rules wrote:
Catholic is the first and only true Christain religion. Everything else like Lutherin, Baptist etc. were started by disgruntled dorks.
If the Pope didn't think the Catholic church was the only way, I don't think he would be Catholic.
not true.christianity was around before the catholic church,the c.c. is a combination of christianity and paganism,read their histories and you'll see that.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Are You Looking Through the Right Eyeglasses?

BIBLE MEDITATION:
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
People join churches today with wrong expectations. They think church membership guarantees blessings and no burdens. Some think that God is just a heavenly cafeteria. And if it doesn’t work out as they wish, they say,“Well, it’s not paying off! I thought if I gave my heart to Jesus, then He would supply everything I want. And I’d have no more worries.”

People fall away because their expectations are not met. Let me tell you what real faith is. Real faith is not just receiving from God the things you want. Real faith is accepting from God the things He gives.

ACTION POINT:
How are your spiritual eyeglasses? Are you looking at life with the eyes of the Lord? And trusting that He will provide, not necessarily what you want, but what you need?
jethro8

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

chore time,chat later people,have a good morning,be safe,and be nice,bye bye.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the goods Jesus?
Grow that arm or leg back for the person praying for it. Why descriminate against them and help someone who claims to have a bad cough and it is cured..........show us!
The lord said. Only say thy name and thee shall be healed..........haven't seen it yet!
........its a good thing I have all my limbs..........for those missing parts, sorry, God is not listening to you.
It takes Faith to be healed in that scense. Peter wanted to healed and Christ told him his Faith was sufficiant. There is a time and season for everything. We are healed in Christ looking forward to the day of redeeemtion.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

The Lord has laid this on my heart for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.

Many people have died to make us free. Freedom has a price. Our freedom was purchased with the blood of many brave men and women. On this Memorial Day we thank them and honor them for their sacrifice.

Over two thousand years ago their was another sacrifice for our freedom. This freedom was also paid with blood. The blood of an innocent spotless lamb who laid down His life for us. Not because we deserved it but because He loved us and wanted to set us free from death and sin. His name was Jesus.

Are you free? Truly free? Free, not because you live in the USA but eternally free? Jesus wants to set you free. Jesus died to set you free. Will you be free?

These words are not magic words. Only God knows our heart but if you want to be saved, rescued and set free from eternal death you can be. Today! Right now!

"Jesus, I confess I am lost and in need of Savior. Lord I have sinned against you and heaven. I believe you died for me on a cross and you were raised to life on the third day. I am not worthy of your love and mercy Lord but it is only by your love and mercy I can be saved. Lord, please accept me into your family graciouly and love me eternally. Amen."

http://youtu.be/grGGxlPJZF8
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

You are going to kill me for sending this to you because it is so addictive!
You will find yourself sitting and playing this game when you really need to be doing something else instead.
But, it is fun and challenging, so enjoy!
This will drive you nuts
click below

UNDER WATER BOWLING

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/full/ap/304...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
You are going to kill me for sending this to you because it is so addictive!
You will find yourself sitting and playing this game when you really need to be doing something else instead.
But, it is fun and challenging, so enjoy!
This will drive you nuts
click below
UNDER WATER BOWLING
http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/full/ap/304...
Kill you? Hahah!! I just bookmarked it!! Got 92 on my first try :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Always pray for the understanding, and God will give you His perspective,naturally it is not ours.You show wisdom in your post,and God will always bless your for it.Thank you dear one for your respect,i receive it in Jesus' Name.
Thank you, Pad, and I hope you have a great day :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad to read this post from you.We need each and every member of the body of Christ.Remember that the foot nor the hand nor the ear can exist without the other.I hope you have a good journey with the Lord you seek to serve.
Well, there certainly have been some pitfalls along the way, frustration, etc... but to me, the journey is leading me in the right direction! But just knowing the Good Lord is there helps tremendously, knowing also how He has been pulling me out of those pits all along the way.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Religion Forum right now

Search the Religion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min Khaled 356,227
Jehovah's Witnesses plan 2 more conventions in ... 6 min Larry 77
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min number four 224,168
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 12 min Alex WM 199,651
Blasphemy against Christ is allowed since it is... 35 min Warner 2
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 51 min Dana Robertson 8,393
Jehovah's Witnesses develop new evangelism tactic 1 hr aurelia 52
•••
•••