Columbus priest put on leave after sexual-abuse claim

Jul 13, 2012 Full story: The Columbus Dispatch 46

The bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Columbus has placed a long-serving priest on administrative leave after an allegation of sexual abuse of a minor.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

#32 Jul 13, 2012
tip wrote:
<quoted text>
But Mother Angelica is decidedly cherubic.
In Catholic school, in the '70s, some of the young ones in their late 20s were downright attractive.
tip

Blacklick, OH

#33 Jul 13, 2012
Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>In Catholic school, in the '70s, some of the young ones in their late 20s were downright attractive.
George Jefferson Kramer Hilliard!
[Thwack!...with a ruler]

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

#34 Jul 13, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the flip side of that coin, have you ever had a good look at some of those priests? Not a one of them I have encountered looks to be under the age of 190!
That's the result when even large archdioceses like Boston and Philly graduate fewer than 10 priests per year. The average age of a priest in the US and Canada today is 68.

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

#35 Jul 13, 2012
tip wrote:
<quoted text>
George Jefferson Kramer Hilliard!
[Thwack!...with a ruler]
I was the one with the filthy mouth and bad attitude. At least, that's what the Penguin said.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#36 Jul 13, 2012
Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>No kidding. Most of them look like Janet Napolitano.
I've seen a few who could give Janet Reno a run for her money.

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

#37 Jul 13, 2012
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen a few who could give Janet Reno a run for her money.
But can they sing?
kmh

Columbus, OH

#38 Jul 13, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Was it a boy or was it a girl?
He should be given a prize if it is a girl. A priest doing a girl would be a first.
REPORTED. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN RE-POSTED BY ENZYTE BOB AFTER BEING DELETED BY MODERATORS.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#39 Jul 13, 2012
Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>But can they sing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KphqBwfEAaAXX
EVERYBODY sing along!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

#40 Jul 13, 2012
kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN RE-POSTED BY ENZYTE BOB AFTER BEING DELETED BY MODERATORS.
Drop dead.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#41 Jul 13, 2012
kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN RE-POSTED BY ENZYTE BOB AFTER BEING DELETED BY MODERATORS.
Oh wah. If you're so sensitive, go away.
kmh

Columbus, OH

#42 Jul 13, 2012
Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>Drop dead.
REPORTED
tip

Blacklick, OH

#43 Jul 13, 2012
kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED
Are you a chip 'n' dip kinda gal?
Tina

Columbus, OH

#44 Jul 13, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Was it a boy or was it a girl?
He should be given a prize if it is a girl. A priest doing a girl would be a first.
This is a new low for you Bobby. Suggesting that a priest should be given a prize for sexually abusing a minor female.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#47 Jul 14, 2012
Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of the soon to be defunct Episcopal Church:
"The headlines coming out of the Episcopal Church’s annual U.S. convention are stunning — endorsement of cross-dressing clergy, blessing same-sex marriage, the sale of their headquarters since they can’t afford to maintain it.
The American branch of the Church of England, founded when the Vatican balked at permitting King Henry VIII to continue annulling marriages to any wife who failed to bear him sons, is in trouble."
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cross-dressin...
It may surprise, but I am largely in agreement here. For Episcopal and Lutheran clergy who have striven to be center-left on social issues and center-right on religious issues, the far left of the Episcopal (and its Lutheran sister the ELCA)leadership has resulted in local pastors having to be accountable for radical positions which do not attend to the lives of everyday people. Thus, if your laity becomes wary of church leadership focused on cross dressing rights or boycotting Israel, then it's very hard to sell the denominational hunger program....because trust has just been eroded. Trust has also been eroded by far left denial of the most basic of traditional doctrines...ie The Resurrection, The Trinity...Christianity cannot function without those basic doctrines intact.

The leadership of both the mainline Episcopal (TEC) and Lutheran (ELCA)churches are an economnic upper class elitist club. They live in a self-made bubble, and they simply don't care what damage they have done and will do to the Church. They are resigned to let their moderates and conservatives bleed out, and they'll see what they can keep of what's left, and settle for that in their smaller but more efficiently self-serving club...after the dust settles. Yes, they will sell off a lot of real estate, but they will simply relocate to more cost efficient, but comfortable abodes.

The crime of this far left leadership is that they destroyed any chance for a middle ground.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#48 Jul 14, 2012
The burning question is still ... Was it a boy or was it a girl?

He should be given a prize if it is a girl. A priest doing a girl would be a first.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#49 Jul 14, 2012
Pr Jonah wrote:
<quoted text>

The crime of this far left leadership is that they destroyed any chance for a middle ground.
A crime you are guilty of.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#50 Jul 14, 2012
kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN RE-POSTED BY ENZYTE BOB AFTER BEING DELETED BY MODERATORS.
Catholic Priests are always running around raping and molesting little boys. Don't you think they should at least get some kind of award for being with a little girl. Shouldn't they at least be encouraged to get the gender of their victims right for once?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#51 Jul 14, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Priests are always running around raping and molesting little boys. Don't you think they should at least get some kind of award for being with a little girl. Shouldn't they at least be encouraged to get the gender of their victims right for once?
And off he goes...another flame war in execution?

Always? Really?

A reward for molesting a young girl? That's just sick.

Do you often think before you post or are you just hyper-vigilant?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#52 Jul 14, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Priests are always running around raping and molesting little boys. Don't you think they should at least get some kind of award for being with a little girl. Shouldn't they at least be encouraged to get the gender of their victims right for once?
Just my thinking maybe, but Catholic priests have, for millennia, been taught that contact with the opposite sex is wrong. Somewhere, the opinion has been twisted into the mindset that contact with males is somewhat less sinful. Am I right or wrong?
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#53 Jul 14, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
And off he goes...another flame war in execution?
Always? Really?
A reward for molesting a young girl? That's just sick.
Do you often think before you post or are you just hyper-vigilant?
People go to Ohio University to take classes to learn how to write humor, whereas God gave me the natural talent. If you parse my phrase, you will see it has all the classical elements of HUMOR. Grow up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 9 min Kareem O Wheat 203,642
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 10 min Toko2014 19,266
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min guest 549,492
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 17 min Paki_Jatt_Soorma 378,686
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Bongo 230,262
ANKARA: Islamic Rights Of Non-Muslims 1 hr Munkhjargal 49
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr fadu singh 23,014

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE