Bishop Zubik Blesses New Home for North Catholic at Groundbreaking

Jun 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

As he stood before the crowd gathered for the groundbreaking at the site of what will be the new Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic High School in Cranberry, Bishop David Zubik spoke of his own catholic school days.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2012

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jun 4, 2012
AND another institution leaves the city. Congrats Dems, you are certainly chasing things and people away. Will the last city resident with a job please turn the light out as you leave.
Old Fool Foibles

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jun 4, 2012
It's not the Democratic politicians that are driving people and institutions out of thge city, old fool... it's small-minded, bigoted residents like yourself. The North Side, unfortunately, is no longer the place to teach morality to the young.

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jun 4, 2012
Old Fool Foibles wrote:
It's not the Democratic politicians that are driving people and institutions out of thge city, old fool... it's small-minded, bigoted residents like yourself. The North Side, unfortunately, is no longer the place to teach morality to the young.
I wonder why? Hmmmmm - Could it be that all the folks who had the wherewithal to move did. And most of them left Allegheny county as well. The school had to go to where there was a community with the desire to learn. Sure isn't the Northside any more. Yep, 80 years of Democrats. Hello Butler county, meet Westinghouse, welcome to lower taxes and less crime.
Old Fool Foibles

Jeannette, PA

#4 Jun 4, 2012
Wow, sorry to hear you believe the Northside isn't "a community with the desire to learn."

I think it's more the case that the right-wing conservatives in the GOP have removed the opportunity to learn, old fool!

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jun 4, 2012
Old Fool Foibles wrote:
Wow, sorry to hear you believe the Northside isn't "a community with the desire to learn."
I think it's more the case that the right-wing conservatives in the GOP have removed the opportunity to learn, old fool!
Just put on some nice clothes, pick a nice warm Friday or Saturday evening, about dark, and walk Perrysville Ave. You can see the hunger for knowledge, it's everywhere. The children are playing with their families, the folks are meeting to discuss the latest books and the usual topic revolves around the Opera and live theater. Frisbee is played on some of the well kept lawns and book exchanges are very common. Yep, any warm evening you choose. Don't worry about the Pittsburgh politicos, you wont find any of them in your way. I would recommend a Glock, body amour, and perhaps a Sherman for transportation, but other than that, you can meet those with a desire to learn.
Old Fool Foibles

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jun 4, 2012
WTF, ya' old fool; this is a 180 degree turn from your earlier post! Damn that Alzheimers, eh, old man?

And don't be dissin' the boy mayor, old man; he went all the way out to the western desert to search out a shopping center for you good people... next trip he'll gitcha a school, fer sure!

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jun 5, 2012
Old Fool Foibles wrote:
WTF, ya' old fool; this is a 180 degree turn from your earlier post! Damn that Alzheimers, eh, old man?
And don't be dissin' the boy mayor, old man; he went all the way out to the western desert to search out a shopping center for you good people... next trip he'll gitcha a school, fer sure!
It's very clear that you have never walked a Northside neighborhood on a warm evening!

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jun 5, 2012
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very clear that you have never walked a Northside neighborhood on a warm evening!
As with most progressives, satire is only for the "right"! The shame of a closed mind. Even Obama evolves.
Old Fool Foibles

Elizabeth, PA

#9 Jun 5, 2012
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have, on many occasions; got a point to make, old man?
Old Fool Foibles

Elizabeth, PA

#10 Jun 5, 2012
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
As with most progressives, satire is only for the "right"! The shame of a closed mind. Even Obama evolves.
Now, now, old man, get serious... satire is generally lost on the extreme right. Open ridicule is far more appropriate!
Older Cynic

Lansdale, PA

#11 Jul 2, 2012
Old Fool Foibles wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, old man, get serious... satire is generally lost on the extreme right. Open ridicule is far more appropriate!
Love the old cynic!
Capitalism is slavery

Monongahela, PA

#12 Jul 2, 2012
Old Cynic wrote:
AND another institution leaves the city. Congrats Dems, you are certainly chasing things and people away. Will the last city resident with a job please turn the light out as you leave.
As if the Republican money grubbers ever have helped the city for the people's interest. Besides, I fail to see how the democrats have caused this.
Older Cynic

Lansdale, PA

#13 Jul 3, 2012
Capitalism is slavery wrote:
<quoted text>
As if the Republican money grubbers ever have helped the city for the people's interest. Besides, I fail to see how the democrats have caused this.
Giving away money when there is none to be had! Can't continue to provide free money when the tax revenues don't cover the outlay!
Just Saying

Irwin, PA

#14 Jul 3, 2012
Older Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving away money when there is none to be had! Can't continue to provide free money when the tax revenues don't cover the outlay!
And that is because the GOP has done little to reign in spending, while ceaselessly offering tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans; it's a GOP strategy called "starving the beast." And all while simultaneously savaging the American middle class, the very bulwark of our democracy. Conservatives are fascists at heart, who look forward to establishing despotism in what once was the land of the free!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 14 min Peace not be upon... 201,325
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 14 min Sheilaa 364,702
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min CunningLinguist 226,355
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 45 min J RULES 68,989
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr seriously the ori... 538,991
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 2 hr harminder 50,146
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 3 hr pearl 11,772
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••