Saudi mufti okays marriage for 10-year-old girls

Apr 21, 2012 Full story: Free Republic 248

"The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)." -- Bukhari 7.62.88

In Islam, Muhammad is the supreme example of conduct (cf. Qur'an 33:21). Thus he is exemplary even in his marriage to a child: Muslims take this seriously and imitate Muhammad in this. Article 1041 of the Civil Code of the Islamic Republic of Iran states that girls can be engaged before the age of nine, and married at nine: "Marriage before puberty (nine full lunar years for girls) is prohibited. Marriage contracted before reaching puberty with the permission of the guardian is valid provided that the interests of the ward are duly observed" ... Full Story
Aiesha S

Sydney, Australia

#246 May 6, 2012
Mominur wrote:
I think He is Chidhood marriage is very dangerous.Its very harmfull & painfull.
Thanks Bangladesh.
Aiesha S

Sydney, Australia

#247 May 6, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
I'm guessing there will be a lot of religious conversions in the NAMBLA community now!!..
LOL!

But that's pretty sad really.
Gaylord F

Dallas, TX

#248 May 6, 2012
To Aisha bint Sharmuta,

is Sharmuta (M Prostitute) really your father's name?

Since: Jan 12

Zeeland, ND

#249 May 6, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
Islam is copied from the OT and NT
That is the only reason Jesus is in the Koran.
Allah is a pagen moon god.
It is all bull sh!t
The Qur'an is not a new message. It is the very same message that was given to all of the Prophets(PBUH). Islam was not a New religion it is the submission to God(swt) that all Prophets did since Adam(PBUH).

The Qur'an is nothing more nor nothing less than all that came before. It is the last time it will be given to us and it is our last chance to not mess it up again like we always have in the past.
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Sanaa, Yemen

#252 May 6, 2012
Gaylord F wrote:
To Aisha bint Sharmuta,
you are abnormal this word haram why here some muslims talk this dirty haram gadaf alnas means charge people by this may GOD GUIDE YOU.
ashkarlive4ALLAH

Sanaa, Yemen

#253 May 6, 2012
Aiesha S wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Ashkar. That story is an extreme situation, dramatized for the show.
Technically, all of Victoria's 15 lovers are guilty of statuatory rape. The age of consent is even higher in some US states. But the mother would have to have them charged...then the evidence?
The young girl doesn't seem too bright and those men presumably took advantage of that.
salaam dear can i ask you what do you think if girl sleep with man her boyfriend before marriage it is ok or what .

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#254 May 6, 2012
Aiesha S wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Ashkar. That story is an extreme situation, dramatized for the show.
Technically, all of Victoria's 15 lovers are guilty of statuatory rape. The age of consent is even higher in some US states. But the mother would have to have them charged...then the evidence?
The young girl doesn't seem too bright and those men presumably took advantage of that.
The state can charge with evidence.
Testimony from a under aged female can bring changes.
In extreme cases parents or gardians can be charged for not looking out for the welfare of the child.
Aiesha S

Australia

#255 May 6, 2012
Gaylord F wrote:
To Aisha bint Sharmuta,
Did your father used to work @ The Wall, Texar$e? Sure my friend saw him there once.
Aiesha S

Australia

#256 May 6, 2012
ashkarlive4ALLAH wrote:
<quoted text>salaam dear can i ask you what do you think if girl sleep with man her boyfriend before marriage it is ok or what .
Salaam Ashkar. I would be a hypocrite if I condemned her, so I won't.

But then I'm a lot older than 15.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#257 May 7, 2012
WoodrowLI akaAbdullah1940 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so either.
As for the children automatically being the husbands property in a divorce is not exactly true. The problems arise if their is a daughter and the Mother remarries. Since the daughter is not related to the new husband, it makes for a very awkward situation. Many time sthis is resolved by placing the child in the home of the Mother's parents, the child's grandparents. There are quite a few options available. It is not a flat husband gets the kids.
As for the Husband selling the daughters. That does happen. It is illegal, immoral and not in accordance with Islamic jurisprudence, but some people still do it. In Islam forced marriages are forbidden, but that does not stop some people.
The children belong with the mother especially the daughters. Even in animals it is the mother who keeps and raises them. And most children when they are sick, hurt or scared cry out for mommy not daddy.

As for it being akward for stepfathers to raise their wive's daughters my father raised and loved my sister as his own only thing is that when it came to discipline he had to walk on eggshells to avoid my mother's wrath so he would leave the discipline in my mother's hands.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#258 May 7, 2012
DayStar_ wrote:
From today's news. May 5, 2012.
"In-laws of an Afghan child bride given 10 years for torture"
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012...
Support women's rights & freedom in afghanistan & other nations.
If in some parts of the Middle East a woman can be stoned if she is dishonored then I think 10 years is too little. "Everybody must get stoned!" and no I'm not talking the Bob Dylan kind.

But what's really sickening is the women who were involved. They wouldn't have liked that done to them.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#259 May 7, 2012
ashkarlive4ALLAH wrote:
<quoted text>salaam dear can i ask you what do you think if girl sleep with man her boyfriend before marriage it is ok or what .
Let me explain one thing. In Catholicism (which means universal religion) divorce was not allowed. During the wedding ceremony you pledge an oath to God to stay with that person til death do us part. Later on came the Protestant religions which were protesting Catholicism.

Unlike Islam where the man can say "I divorce you 3 times," it doesn't work that way. You made an oath to God and you have to stick to it or risk going to hell. Many of the older generations would stay with their spouses out of obligation to that oath.

When you marry someone as a virgin, you are taking a big chance especially if you're a woman. Men can shower you with gifts and compliments and promise to rope the moon for you. Some men are absolutely wonderful and some change after marriage and you can end up in an abusive relationship. Personally, I would recommend first living with that person to find out really what they're like because people may be different when they're dating than when they are married.

People make just a big deal out of virginity but sex is just a way of showing affection. There is nothing wrong with making love.
brahim

Australia

#260 Oct 26, 2012
<quoted text>
The Qur'an is not a new message. It is the very same message that was given to all of the Prophets(PBUH). Islam was not a New religion it is the submission to God(swt) that all Prophets did since Adam(PBUH).
The Qur'an is nothing more nor nothing less than all that came before. It is the last time it will be given to us and it is our last chance to not mess it up again like we always have in the past.
same message?? message from who or whom in your notion?? message from God ?? how so ?? God did speak to many other prophets even from adam, abraham, moses, jesus etc etc When did God ever speak to any Muslim in the history of the entire World?? so your message is fom man not God. God did not have time to speak to Muslim or Mohammed?? God sent a messener?? God had something better to do than speak to Muslim ?? Maybe God was playing golf?? God had time to speak to many many Non Muslims but never a Muslim, so I can tell you your message is a concocion of man perpetuated by brain washed low iq monkeys under the threat of death, monkey women so ashamed of islam they cover their faces to hide their identity, so ashamed all muslims women anonymous , so ashamed to "be seen" to support Islam, only religion in the world which followers so ashamed they live by the billion as anonymous life stripped of identity. followers who have been ainwashed but still wont back the religion with a face of their own?

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#261 Oct 26, 2012
Aisha S wrote:
It's wrong. What more can anyone say?
Islam is wrong.

:)
brahim

Australia

#262 Oct 27, 2012
latin lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me explain one thing. In Catholicism (which means universal religion) divorce was not allowed. During the wedding ceremony you pledge an oath to God to stay with that person til death do us part. Later on came the Protestant religions which were protesting Catholicism.
Unlike Islam where the man can say "I divorce you 3 times," it doesn't work that way. You made an oath to God and you have to stick to it or risk going to hell. Many of the older generations would stay with their spouses out of obligation to that oath.
When you marry someone as a virgin, you are taking a big chance especially if you're a woman. Men can shower you with gifts and compliments and promise to rope the moon for you. Some men are absolutely wonderful and some change after marriage and you can end up in an abusive relationship. Personally, I would recommend first living with that person to find out really what they're like because people may be different when they're dating than when they are married.
People make just a big deal out of virginity but sex is just a way of showing affection. There is nothing wrong with making love.
muslim women are just garbage to muslim men, they beat them, share them with no exclusiveness for women they are simply shattles and if they rebel they can be stabbed, shot, bashed to death, acid thrown in their face even locked up in a basement till they slowly die.. no adam and eve, no romeo and juliet, no i love you and only you forever and ever, just shattles like dogs or more like sheep and goats which muslims marry as well, no hearts, no souls, no soulmate, no partnership just she works for him or suffers unspeakable consequences.. for a muslim woman it marriage means a home and food away from family members who molest them and rape them in their fathers home if he does not rent them or offer them like a cigar or whiskey to his guests.. you can’t explain our marriage to a muslim it just does not compute the heart, soul and iq required for translation is void and missing in all muslims.. it is folly to offer an explanation to creatures which are just a few components above monkeys and trees, they are monkey see monkey do, but no computation and no capacity to absorb our idea of compassion or even to hold our women on a pedestal at times as the mother of our children we wish to succeed and rule the world as only "others", "non-muslims" can do.. they monkey see monkey do our governments but when implementation is involved, more than waving hands they fail and the evidence is i every muslim government on the planet, it is a jungle and they swing from trees, not fit for a house, more a cave and look at their countries, my goodness how do they live in those hovels, but it is a shelter and they cut down all the trees so they have no branches to make lean toos, therefore in many places they live in homes built a thousand years before by skilled and different people, not muslims..
brahim

Australia

#263 Oct 27, 2012
you also missed the point of natural selection, people do have sex before marriage and do find idiosyncrasies which bring them together or push them apart before marriage. There are some Christians in my town who have a process of finding these things out without actually having sex and both male and female marry as virgins. There is a lot of chaperone, a lot of talking and bedroom doors open, many processes they have to help young men and women find a partner without just having sex first. later sex is less important in marriage and the closeness of a man and women who have built a life together and raised a family together is far more spiritual than just animal instinct sex, it is truly two souls as one, to people as one person, but they is less common these days, most kids fuck like rabbits and sort the rest out along the way, these are lesser humans, weak and unable to resist animal acts.. still I see many young people who root like rattle snakes having very compatible and successful lives?? go figure, there must be some concession for atheists and heathens!! After all, the whole world is not christian.. chastity is a Christian thing, it has no place in Islam because women are “not exclusive” they are one of a man’s team of workers and slaves who must cover their face in shame of being muslim. Why would a muslim man demand a virgin ?? he can just text her and say be gone and grab another couple, and in the west, muslims go out in slutty clothes and root like rattles snakes anyway so whats his point?
brahim

Australia

#264 Oct 27, 2012
"latin lover" hhmmm maybe you 3rd world heritage?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#265 Oct 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Minimum age does not mean a girl has to be married at that age. Notice that in the Nikkah the girl must provide 2 reliable witnesses that can testify the girl is mature enough to understand what is required of marriage and she is making the choice of her own free will.
When followed properly it can take several years before a Nikkah is finalized and all parties involved are in agreement.
I do agree that is not what Saudi and Pakistan always do, but that does not mean they are right. Even us Muslims are getting fed up with the antics of the Wahabbis and Salafis of those 2 nations.
wow Woodrow....I admire what you said... I agree that the Wahhabis and salamis are the big problem in the world not islam itself.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#266 Oct 28, 2012
Saudies are source of fanatic strict creed called wahabism, they accept marriage of kids

The hadiths about kids marriage is actually invalid and fake,all falsehood

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#267 Oct 28, 2012
Approving screwing a 9 year old girl is Islam's current thinking? that's it? That is all they've got? Much of the world is achieving wonderful things, such as this http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html . One day, most Muslims will open their eyes and wonder what in the world ever convinced them to become Muslims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Religion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min thetruth 231,968
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 3 min Dana Robertson 23,396
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min chazmo 386,485
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 min thetruth 1,037
Daeiae: What did God do to deserve this (May '13) 6 min servonazis 21
The potential menace of Islamist politics 7 min Islam Makes Ameri... 4
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 min thetruth 29

Religion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE