Presbyterian Church narrowly rejects pro-gay proposal to redefine marriage to 2 people

Jul 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star Tribune

The Presbyterian Church narrowly rejected a proposal to revise the traditional definition of marriage on Friday, a year after it struck down a barrier to ordaining gays.

Comments
141 - 150 of 150 Comments Last updated Aug 29, 2012
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Jul 28, 2012
 
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that the German pope wants to change the communion service from wafers and wine to bratwurst and beer.
Martin Luther had a brewery, and his wife (an ex-Catholic, ex-nun) Katie was the brewmeister.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
Jul 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin Luther had a brewery, and his wife (an ex-Catholic, ex-nun) Katie was the brewmeister.
In German, meister indicates one of the masculine gender (LOL). A more correct term might be Brauleiterin (with the umlatt (..) over the "a" and also considering that all nouns are capitalized in German.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Jul 29, 2012
 
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>In German, meister indicates one of the masculine gender (LOL). A more correct term might be Brauleiterin (with the umlatt (..) over the "a" and also considering that all nouns are capitalized in German.
Iknow. I studied German in high school and college for 4 years adn I'm a Deutschophile. But People here seem to get upset when I get too technical and exacting.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Jul 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Iknow. I studied German in high school and college for 4 years adn I'm a Deutschophile. But People here seem to get upset when I get too technical and exacting.
I was only trying to show a little humor with my being picky No need to take it seriously. I do appreciate your sense of humor and I thought I return a little of it.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Jul 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I was only trying to show a little humor with my being picky No need to take it seriously. I do appreciate your sense of humor and I thought I return a little of it.
Sorry. I didn't realize it was humor. Humor does not come across well in the limited format we have here. I don't know why the owners don't modify it a bit to give it a little bit more convenince and functionality.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Aug 18, 2012
 
Listen to the Word

Lake Havasu City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Aug 28, 2012
 
PC-USA narrowly rejects gay marriage. Since the vote was narrow, it will happen in the no so distant future.

PC-USA liberal other liberals wonder why they are losing members and therefore support. It's the liberalism, stupid. Every major denomination that has tried to be inclusive through liberals has been exclusive to their own conservative members.
That is why you see them worshiping at and support the local community churches and mega churches.
These new, fast growing, vibrant non-denominational churches thank you for your liberalism. They could have never grown they way they have without you driving your members away with your liberal causes. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Keep it up so our conservative churches can keep on growing and prospering.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
Aug 28, 2012
 
Listen to the Word wrote:
PC-USA narrowly rejects gay marriage. Since the vote was narrow, it will happen in the no so distant future.
PC-USA liberal other liberals wonder why they are losing members and therefore support. It's the liberalism, stupid. Every major denomination that has tried to be inclusive through liberals has been exclusive to their own conservative members.
That is why you see them worshiping at and support the local community churches and mega churches.
These new, fast growing, vibrant non-denominational churches thank you for your liberalism. They could have never grown they way they have without you driving your members away with your liberal causes. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Keep it up so our conservative churches can keep on growing and prospering.
Re: your last paragraph; I think that's what the Jews said to Jesus of Nazareth before they crucified Him.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154
Aug 29, 2012
 
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: your last paragraph; I think that's what the Jews said to Jesus of Nazareth before they crucified Him.
Really? Not sharing your vision. Cite chapter and verse. please.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#155
Aug 29, 2012
 
The real truth about liberal Protestantism... www.scribd.com/doc/22629976/They-Shall-Re ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••