Prison inmate dies at Wartburg, apparently natural

Jul 7, 2010 Full story: WMC-FM 90

Tennessee prison officials say an inmate has died a month before his scheduled release.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
boo

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2010
WARTBURG, Tenn.(AP)- Tennessee prison officials say an inmate has died a month before his scheduled release.

Department of Correction spokeswoman Dorinda Carter told The Knoxville News Sentinel that 38-year-old Gregory Mullins was found dead in a cell at the Morgan County Correctional Complex at Wartburg on Sunday. An autopsy is scheduled, but it appeared Mullins died of natural causes.

Carter said Mullins was serving two, 3-year prison terms on drug convictions in Claiborne County in 2005 and 2006.

Information from: The Knoxville News Sentinel, http://www.knoxnews.com
Who

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 7, 2010
A month before he is being released..just all the sudden dies of natural causes..so who believes this?
booWho

United States

#3 Jul 7, 2010
Yeah dem officers at da prizon sho ain't gonna tell U da truth.
love bug

Oneida, TN

#4 Jul 7, 2010
they r not in there for going to Sunday School!
Buford Pusser

Huntsville, TN

#5 Jul 7, 2010
When the bossmann calls your name ,you have no choice but to go.... If he hadnt done the crime he could have passed at his house. I still feel for his family.
watching

Huntsville, TN

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Who wrote:
A month before he is being released..just all the sudden dies of natural causes..so who believes this?
I do.... people die everyday from natural causes. More in the free world than in prison. Being there doesnt protect them from when its their time to go.
so what

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jul 7, 2010
love bug wrote:
they r not in there for going to Sunday School!
Didnt say they were but either way they should not be murdered unless they have the death penalty.
BadGuards

Cookeville, TN

#8 Aug 22, 2010
What "natural causes" does a 38 year old die from?
whoRUsay

Harriman, TN

#9 Oct 2, 2010
People of all ages die everyday from natural causes!!
I know

Oneida, TN

#10 Oct 2, 2010
BadGuards wrote:
What "natural causes" does a 38 year old die from?
heart attacks from drug abuse,diabetes,cancer,aneurism 's,most of these people are not in good health when they come to prison because most have abused their body as a teenager and young adult.so there is no miracle cure at the prison to regain their health.they get better health care than what you can probably afford.
awful

United States

#11 Oct 2, 2010
thats awful!!!
Curious

Cookeville, TN

#12 Oct 3, 2010
None of that changes the fact that some of those guards are HORRIBLE!!! They get away with breaking the Geneva convention in that prison, and no one can do anything about it because, well, what judge is going to take in inmates word over a guards? Though all those men have made mistakes, some much worse than others, they are all still human beings too,,...fathers, brothers, sons, uncles, and grandfathers. Most are still loved by somebody, and a few select guards in there treat them like they are all wild animals that must be dominated!
I know

Oneida, TN

#13 Oct 3, 2010
Curious wrote:
None of that changes the fact that some of those guards are HORRIBLE!!! They get away with breaking the Geneva convention in that prison, and no one can do anything about it because, well, what judge is going to take in inmates word over a guards? Though all those men have made mistakes, some much worse than others, they are all still human beings too,,...fathers, brothers, sons, uncles, and grandfathers. Most are still loved by somebody, and a few select guards in there treat them like they are all wild animals that must be dominated!
Some act like wild animals.By the way,the geneva convention was for prisoner's of war.Not common thugs.
Curious

Cookeville, TN

#14 Oct 3, 2010
I know wrote:
<quoted text>Some act like wild animals.By the way,the geneva convention was for prisoner's of war.Not common thugs.
SOME are like wild animals, like SOME of the guards are like wild animals. And P.S., as of 1949 the Geneva convention covers citizens as well...look up your history before you start spouting off, you only sound dumb.
gosh

Oneida, TN

#15 Oct 4, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME are like wild animals, like SOME of the guards are like wild animals. And P.S., as of 1949 the Geneva convention covers citizens as well...look up your history before you start spouting off, you only sound dumb.
They give out applications every day.So to make it a better place for the inmates YOU need to get a job and work there.That way you can make sure that NO rules are ever broken.Then you can tell everyone how you have stopped all the bad people from hurting each other.
Curious

Cookeville, TN

#16 Oct 4, 2010
gosh wrote:
<quoted text>They give out applications every day.So to make it a better place for the inmates YOU need to get a job and work there.That way you can make sure that NO rules are ever broken.Then you can tell everyone how you have stopped all the bad people from hurting each other.
If I lived in that area, I would!
gosh

Oneida, TN

#17 Oct 5, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If I lived in that area, I would!
There are prisons all across the state,and several youth detention centers.Plus there are county jails in all 95 counties there are plenty places to get yourself a good opportunity to CLEAN'em up . Go ahead put your self where it seems your heart is!
Curious

Cookeville, TN

#18 Oct 5, 2010
gosh wrote:
<quoted text>There are prisons all across the state,and several youth detention centers.Plus there are county jails in all 95 counties there are plenty places to get yourself a good opportunity to CLEAN'em up . Go ahead put your self where it seems your heart is!
There is only a county jail and juvenile detention center where I live, plus my time already goes to children with disabilities. But thanks for looking out.
blah blah

Oneida, TN

#19 Oct 5, 2010
Curious wrote:
None of that changes the fact that some of those guards are HORRIBLE!!! They get away with breaking the Geneva convention in that prison, and no one can do anything about it because, well, what judge is going to take in inmates word over a guards? Though all those men have made mistakes, some much worse than others, they are all still human beings too,,...fathers, brothers, sons, uncles, and grandfathers. Most are still loved by somebody, and a few select guards in there treat them like they are all wild animals that must be dominated!
BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,SHUT UP and call the TBI if what you are saying is the truth and can back it up with evidence.If you have NO evidence then SHUT UP.
TNVOL

Maryville, TN

#20 Oct 5, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME are like wild animals, like SOME of the guards are like wild animals. And P.S., as of 1949 the Geneva convention covers citizens as well...look up your history before you start spouting off, you only sound dumb.
Oh God No! Not a violation of these inmates Geneva Convention rights. This is more than I can take. To think that Inmate #1, who put a baby in a microwave & turned in on or maybe Inmate #2, who killed his mother, then drove around with her body in the car or Inmate #3, that raped a woman with a foreign object so violently that she bled to death from internal injuries, should have their rights violated! I cant believe it! And this roaming band of thugs posing as guards, having to watch from every angle for one of these sweet hearts to come out from a blind corner & knife them, well they are certainly getting what they deserve because anyone that would violate one of these upstanding inmates rights is just asking for trouble. I want YOU to come to MCRCF and lead a protest against this injustice right through the middle of the yard, make your way into the Max Unit & DEMAND that these men be let out. Hell, you can even take them into your own home if you want too. If your able and/or live long enough, maybe you could help them file complaints. And P.S.- You'd have to spell Geneva Convention for most of these scum your upholding. I think you should be more informed before YOU start spouting off because right now I'm sure you have the IQ of a slug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State Prisons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maggots found in food at two Ohio prisons 8 hr briggsg 17
Inmate found dead at Lebanon Correctional Insti... (Apr '12) 17 hr Sneaky Pete 41
Wayne County commissioners make case for Gratio... 19 hr Kevin 1
Maximum-security lockdown ongoing at state's bi... (Nov '08) 21 hr POKEMAN 15
Federal judge recommends tossing Brandon Bloss'... (Dec '08) 23 hr KUB 42
No date set for Miller trial Fri TtroyMiller11 1
Inmate work crews provide six-figure savings fo... Sep 15 Dragonfly Humming... 1
•••

State Prisons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••