how you hate oregon; let you count the ways

Posted in the Portland Forum

First Prev
of 118
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

coquille

#1 Feb 16, 2007
so a bunch of you hate oregon lets here why and how and where you came from.
Oregonian

Longview, WA

#2 Apr 11, 2007
I might have something to do with the rain. But...It's a pretty green state, and the summers are exquisite.
Don;t hate it, just make sure you can leave for a week or two during the rainy season.
bassman

United States

#3 Apr 13, 2007
If you don't like Oregon, what are you doing here? Love it or leave it. I don't recall inviting you here in the first place. Seems like so many come here to escape something, and then try to change everything to the way it was where they came from. Also, it is possible to drive when it's raining. Hang up the phone!

Since: Dec 06

Portland.Or

#4 Apr 15, 2007
Oregonian wrote:
I might have something to do with the rain. But...It's a pretty green state, and the summers are exquisite.
Don;t hate it, just make sure you can leave for a week or two during the rainy season.
A week or 2 for rainy season? You are not "oregonian"
Thirsty Kitty

Auburn Hills, MI

#5 Apr 17, 2007
I love Oregon and especially Portland.I came from Nebraska and tried to rturn there but the beauty of everything Oregon has to offer drew me back. You can be misserable no matter where you are. Maybe those who are unhappy here, should look inside themselves to find out why.

“BelieveNothing TestEverything”

Since: Apr 07

Portland, OR

#6 Apr 19, 2007
I love the people, landscape, and weather -- yes the weather -- in Oregon; however, because Oregon operates pretty much as a one party state, Democratic Party, there really is no accountability from politicians across the stat who, once seated, know they will retain office no matter how lazy they become unless rocked by a major scandal.
Wilma

Vancouver, WA

#7 Apr 19, 2007
I hate how everyone tries to be nice. Even the rude people try to be nicer than they really are. If I wanted nice I would stay at home with mom and dad. I want real and gritty. I want people flipping me the bird. I want smokestacks and slums.

“BelieveNothing TestEverything”

Since: Apr 07

Portland, OR

#8 Apr 20, 2007
We've got plenty of that Wilma! Just visit a logging camp!:-)
OREGON IS FOR WHITE TRASH

Portland, OR

#9 May 11, 2007
Wilma wrote:
I hate how everyone tries to be nice. Even the rude people try to be nicer than they really are. If I wanted nice I would stay at home with mom and dad. I want real and gritty. I want people flipping me the bird. I want smokestacks and slums.
I totally agree, the people are so fake, and dont try to get a promotion over here because its not what you know its who you know.
Olivia

United States

#10 May 18, 2007
egodraconis wrote:
I love the people, landscape, and weather -- yes the weather -- in Oregon; however, because Oregon operates pretty much as a one party state, Democratic Party, there really is no accountability from politicians across the stat who, once seated, know they will retain office no matter how lazy they become unless rocked by a major scandal.
I disagree. Portland, Eugene, and some of the coast are democrat, but the other half of the population is republican. Plus lots of in-betweeners. I don't it can be called a "one party state" at all.

Since: May 07

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 May 18, 2007
Wilma wrote:
I hate how everyone tries to be nice. Even the rude people try to be nicer than they really are. If I wanted nice I would stay at home with mom and dad. I want real and gritty. I want people flipping me the bird. I want smokestacks and slums.
Wilma,

We've got just the place for you, Chicago, Illinois.
Don't worry people aren't nice here.
We've got graft and corruption.
The smoke is so bad it effects Milwaukee, WI.
You want slums, we've got North Lawndale. We've got the Projects.
Chicago is considered a "Right to Crime" city. Drugs are available anywhere.
Cost of living is about 50% higher than Portland; and the taxes are off the scale.
Come on back, you might even get assaulted!
Work took me away from Portland, but I'll be back!

Skoda
toadal

Morgan Hill, CA

#13 May 18, 2007
The illegal Mexicans are everywhere, just laying in wait to take over like the Japanese did in Shanghai in 1939.
tjw

Gresham, OR

#14 May 30, 2007
uhhh Oregon and especially Portland is uhhh boring. Much like the people who mostly come from CA. But I think they are the most rude and fake and unfortunately they are taking over Oregon, which is why I'm finding it difficult to like living here. I'd rather live in the south with a bunch of old republicans.
CoteDivoire

United States

#15 May 31, 2007
I guess i like Portland ok so far, been here only 2yrs. What bother me most is the cold months, when there are snow, and your car wheels are spinning out of control! Now that is scaring for a Californian native!@
funtravel

United States

#16 Jun 9, 2007
I agree that the problem I have with oregon is the politics. I am also not happy with the portland public highschools.
so cal mike

Portland, OR

#17 Jun 16, 2007
Oregonian wrote:
I might have something to do with the rain. But...It's a pretty green state, and the summers are exquisite.
Don;t hate it, just make sure you can leave for a week or two during the rainy season.
When does the rain acctually stop and the sun shine for more than a couple of hours???
so cal mike

Portland, OR

#18 Jun 16, 2007
This is a garbage state for trash people. I have never seen so many ugly people before. Also alot of folks in wheelchairs. Is this just a state for misfits? Yes there are some pretty things, but alot of crap also.
Born Here_yuck

Englewood, CO

#19 Jun 18, 2007
I was born and raised her in Oregon and am still not used to the rain!! It ruins EVERYTHING!!! yes it's beautiful but it totally SUCKS!!!! I dont cate about the green grass! I wouldnt mind brown grass if only to have ALOT more sunshine! I hate rain, absolutely hate it!! Every weekend is rainy! I work all week long and its usually nice during the week and rainy as hell on the weekends! im sick of it. this week I am taking Thurs and Fri off but about to forget it because its supposed to RAIN all those four days im off so why the hell should I waste my vacation doing NOTHING because of the Damn rain!! I would totally move in a second to California or ARizona, but unfortunately I am married to a man that has to stay here for his daughter who he wont leave and I understand that.. But if I werent married I would take my 3 kids and MOVE!!!!! I NEED SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!! I WANT A DRAUGHT!!!
Oregon Rocks

United States

#20 Jun 18, 2007
Born Here_yuck wrote:
I was born and raised her in Oregon and am still not used to the rain!! It ruins EVERYTHING!!! yes it's beautiful but it totally SUCKS!!!! I dont cate about the green grass! I wouldnt mind brown grass if only to have ALOT more sunshine! I hate rain, absolutely hate it!! Every weekend is rainy! I work all week long and its usually nice during the week and rainy as hell on the weekends! im sick of it. this week I am taking Thurs and Fri off but about to forget it because its supposed to RAIN all those four days im off so why the hell should I waste my vacation doing NOTHING because of the Damn rain!! I would totally move in a second to California or ARizona, but unfortunately I am married to a man that has to stay here for his daughter who he wont leave and I understand that.. But if I werent married I would take my 3 kids and MOVE!!!!! I NEED SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!! I WANT A DRAUGHT!!!
You are crazy!! Be greatful that we have rain and their is no draught! I grew up in Ca and it really sucks in the summer. There was always water shortages and you can't water your yard when you want to and forget about running through the sprinklers as a kid!! Everything is so brown and ugly and the trees out there are just a joke. The beauty out here is breathtaking. I suggest you go to Florida with all the kids to Disneyworld for a real vacation and come back here and enjoy the beauty you get because of the weather.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#21 Jun 19, 2007
Wilma wrote:
I hate how everyone tries to be nice. Even the rude people try to be nicer than they really are. If I wanted nice I would stay at home with mom and dad. I want real and gritty. I want people flipping me the bird. I want smokestacks and slums.
where are these people you speak of? lol. i always encounter rude people in my neighborhood!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 118
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
open season in se on homeless junky street "kids" 4 hr buddhasack 8
Should we torture child molesters? 5 hr gallows 2
End of all Life 11 hr Terrified 1
victor edenburn 14 hr rosey 1
old topix threads Sat emerfeez 40
Moving to Portland! Job Search Question! Dec 17 suggested 4
Review: Beason Plumbing (Aug '09) Dec 17 Ted Troutdale Oregon 6

Flood Watch for Multnomah County was issued at December 21 at 12:51PM PST

Portland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Portland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Portland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Portland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:11 pm PST

ESPN10:11PM
Lynch: Thanks For Asking
NBC Sports11:02 PM
Your Top Plays for Today - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:42 PM
Raiders knock Bills out of playoffs with 26-24 win - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:55 PM
Seattle could be back in Arizona for Super Bowl - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:26 AM
Seahawks, Packers, Cowboys, Steelers in playoffs - NBC Sports