Kratom @ Dragon Herbarium way overpriced

Posted in the Portland Forum

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Monday Aug 4

Since: Sep 11

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dragon Herbarium has developed quite a kratom customer base over the past couple of years or so. I was one of them but finally got tired of paying $20 an ounce for my kratom. I did some poking around with google and came across a kratom vendor based out of Corvallis called Herb Research that has a kratom selection very similar to what Dragon is carrying. Potent Indo, Sundanese (Sundance at Dragon), Emerald Thai (Emerald City at Dragon), and so on. The real kicker is that Herb Research has prices at least %100 cheaper. An ounce of Potent Indo for $10, or you can get a 1/4 kilo for $72 (about $8 an ounce). When I order kratom from this guy it gets shipped same day and is in my mailbox the very next day. Plus they always include some generous samples. Maybe it's normal in the herbarium business to jack up your re-sell price more than %100 but that really seems kind of dirty to me. I feel for all of the kratom lovers that are getting ripped off not knowing that the same product is available to them so much cheaper.
Randy

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 4, 2011
 
You should check out KratomNaturals.com too.

But we understand the need to buy local - and support it.

Full Disclosure: I work for them!
Feen P

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 8, 2012
 
The absolute best I have found is www.treetopherbals.com . It is local and the owner is like the nicest guy ever. I do not work for them. I am a regular customer.
Feen P

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 8, 2012
 
Sorry for post repeat. I hit the button twice because it seemed like my computer froze.
Brody

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 9, 2012
 
Yeah, you should check out www.KratomTherapy.com - they have the strongest Kratom we have ever tried, ship same day etc. Been around Kratom for years and they cant be beat...
JustSayin

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 25, 2013
 
Allisleroy wrote:
The real kicker is that Herb Research has prices at least %100 cheaper.
%100 cheaper would be free.
Eva

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 29, 2013
 
maybe you can get some bath salts and start doing that?
karla

Salem, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 10, 2013
 
K Forest has great price and products. They are based in salem.
Reason for higher prices

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Allisleroy wrote:
Dragon Herbarium has developed quite a kratom customer base over the past couple of years or so. I was one of them but finally got tired of paying $20 an ounce for my kratom. I did some poking around with google and came across a kratom vendor based out of Corvallis called Herb Research that has a kratom selection very similar to what Dragon is carrying. Potent Indo, Sundanese (Sundance at Dragon), Emerald Thai (Emerald City at Dragon), and so on. The real kicker is that Herb Research has prices at least %100 cheaper. An ounce of Potent Indo for $10, or you can get a 1/4 kilo for $72 (about $8 an ounce). When I order kratom from this guy it gets shipped same day and is in my mailbox the very next day. Plus they always include some generous samples. Maybe it's normal in the herbarium business to jack up your re-sell price more than %100 but that really seems kind of dirty to me. I feel for all of the kratom lovers that are getting ripped off not knowing that the same product is available to them so much cheaper.
The Kratom at the Herbarium is very potent! The owner tests the Kratom to ensure the highest alkaloid content possible. Just because your getting more weight for less doesn't necessarily mean that your getting a quality product or even a good deal. The owner of the Herbarium is a very generous fellow and would not dream of ripping anyone off.
RLS

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes, the reason is because Dragon gets much of their product from the person you're talking about - Ethan.

Dragon Bob is among the greediest folk in the Metro area
Chris

Taylorsville, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 15, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If you wanna order online get kanmakazi kratom at highpoweredkratom.com kamakazi is friggin the best!
Lash

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 20, 2014
 
Herb Research is the place to buy.
Old Herbarium Customer

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 21, 2014
 
Something sleazy is going on here. I know the Dragon Herbarium from way back. They are Awesome people. I don't believe Bob or Wendy had a break down and changed their values over night.

I do believe there are "new agey" quacks who would like to marginalize independent alternative spirituality/pagan stores. So knock it off with "Dragon Bob is greedy" rubbish. You're only showing your agenda.

Two points have been raised that deserve a critical eye:

First: the claim "Ethan" sells the product to Dragon Herbarium wholesale. IF that is true, then Herbarium is keystoning, a standard in retail and it's Ethan, not Bob who is being unethical because Ethan is undercutting his wholesale customers. And apparently setting up Herbarium to look like the bad guy.

Second: the claim Herbarium has a higher quality of product. This contradicts the claim it's bought from Ethan. If true then it's customers choice whether to pay for quality or quantity, and op would have done better to go directly to Dragon Herbarium with these questions FIRST before posting a misguided and irresponsible "article" on topix.
PassinBy

Johnsonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 13, 2014
 
Herb Research is invite-only these days. You'll notice he can't be found with a Google search, either. Glad I got in when I could! I'm tired of the places that market kratom like shit and aid in getting it banned. Or charge 20 bucks an ounce... what a crock. hahaha! It's always newbs that get caught in that trap.
A good portion of vendors get their stuff from HR anyway.
Just Love Everyone

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 9, 2014
 
So for a girl who is benefitting greatly from the from the medicinal use of kratom, with a budget, how do I get an invite from Herb Reseach? Looking for a local vendor that won't break the bank!
PassinBy wrote:
Herb Research is invite-only these days. You'll notice he can't be found with a Google search, either. Glad I got in when I could! I'm tired of the places that market kratom like shit and aid in getting it banned. Or charge 20 bucks an ounce... what a crock. hahaha! It's always newbs that get caught in that trap.
A good portion of vendors get their stuff from HR anyway.

Since: Dec 13

Lake Oswego, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 15, 2014
 
Herb stomp in se has best prices, 12$-22$ for a oz, or you can buy more if you like and get it cheaper, they blow the dragon out the water.
I LOVE KRATOM

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Monday Aug 4
 
I suggest HIGHPOWEREDKRATOM.COM .
They seriously have the best kratom on the market hands down.
Best prices too!$165.00 for a Kilo and the shipping is way fast! Shipping is free too!
I ordered from them on a Tuesday and got it on Thursday and it weighed out to 1100 Grams Loving this company! I ordered Kamakazi Kratom and I also tryed Bomb Kratom they are both SLAMMIN! If anyone out there knows of any other good vendors let me know! Sometimes my vendor is out of stock so would be good to have an alternate route. I am not interested in any overseas vendors I am tired of getting ripped off so if anyone knows of any USA vendors do let me know! Thanks God Bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still Searching For Keith & Deanne 12 hr Ray007 15
anyone have adhd meds? (Jan '13) 12 hr Ray007 6
Study Aids? 13 hr Ray007 2
need hHelp? 17 hr wickedcodie 1
black in pdx... Tue Redo 21
Need subs, anyone help? Tue Jeremy360_ 3
how you hate oregon; let you count the ways (Feb '07) Tue Kitzhaber luvs Cy... 2,330

Search the Portland Forum:
•••
•••
Portland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Portland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Portland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Portland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Portland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••