Philippines population hits 92M

Apr 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sun-Star

Fifteen million people have been added to the country's population over the last 10 years, with the National Statistics Office recording more than 92 million people as of May 1, 2010.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of289
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lani

Malolos, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wow and Australia which size is larger than the tiny islands of Philippines have no more than 25 mil! seriously PASS the RH BILL!!!!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

population explosion is more fun in the Philippines.

Fastest growing population on the planet...Fact
Sharp

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There's no problem if a couple reproduce faster than rabbits as long as they can afford to feed them, dress them and educate them without bothering other people or relatives. In other words: as long as they have all the means to raise them.

The problem in the Philippines is that the government is not doing its best to educate the people about the consequences of having more than one mouth to feed on top of the aging parents a couple have to feed and take care.

The government should and must put up vigorous campaign about population control. Using the media to reach the people in a vernacular the less educated can understand would be a good idea.

Make Family Planning a national curriculum in all educational institutions.

People must stop listening to the church about propagation. The church has its own vested interest protect. Less people less donation; less money for the Vatican. It's as simple as that. Religion is not bad, but it cannot feed a grumbling stomach, and save malnourished kids dying of hunger because the parents cannot afford to feed them. Religion is best used as moral compass.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

blaming the government for EVERYTHING is pop culture for the Filipino.

Are you seriously saying that the people are so dumb they cannot understand the problems with having so many children? You really need to brake it down for them?? It's called common sense, you dont need the government to walk you through it

Since: Apr 09

Salcedo, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

pasig yankeeNY wrote:
blaming the government for EVERYTHING is pop culture for the Filipino.
Are you seriously saying that the people are so dumb they cannot understand the problems with having so many children? You really need to brake it down for them?? It's called common sense, you dont need the government to walk you through it
LOL!!!! Remember the guy last year that drove his new car onto an obvious flooded road in Manila? Ruined his car trying to drive through it with water almost up to the windows and he kept going until the car stopped. He blamed the Government for not putting up a warning sign. LOL!!!!

That's why the U.S. population is in decline, we can't afford to have more than two children. Maybe they are crazy like a fox. Out of eight kids one might buy them a new cell phone.
Abraham Lincoln

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 9, 2012
 
It makes me happy to see opinions that differ from each of us ...it is a healthy sign that the country is free to say what one thinks is right or wrong. Let us welcome whatever comment each of us can suggest in this forum but also let us not press the matter on any subjest to the detriment of others who wish to join the discussion. That is what a Forum is for.
well

Grimsby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 9, 2012
 
More beggars. Just great.

Since: Apr 09

Salcedo, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Abraham Lincoln wrote:
It makes me happy to see opinions that differ from each of us ...it is a healthy sign that the country is free to say what one thinks is right or wrong. Let us welcome whatever comment each of us can suggest in this forum but also let us not press the matter on any subjest to the detriment of others who wish to join the discussion. That is what a Forum is for.
The only reason you can say what you want in here is because this is an American owned and run Forum. The Chicago Tribune owns this site.

If this was owned by the Philippines most of us would be dead or in jail.
ofgs

San Juan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you can say what you want in here is because this is an American owned and run Forum. The Chicago Tribune owns this site.
If this was owned by the Philippines most of us would be dead or in jail.
im surprised that they havent gotten onto it by now.
Derek

Jacó, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Another reason the Philippines will remain dysfunctional for years to come.

Ignorant, piss poor, people breeding lie rabbits creating millions of poor unsustainable children.
Derek

Jacó, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 10, 2012
 
correction; breeding like
Abraham Lincoln

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you can say what you want in here is because this is an American owned and run Forum. The Chicago Tribune owns this site.
If this was owned by the Philippines most of us would be dead or in jail.
Are you serious Don ? The Forum is owned by the USA ? Great", at least now I know why comments here remains free except for some truths. Now I can breath, freely,.... lol
Al Ruiz

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 10, 2012
 
In that case, "The truth will set you free", does not work here ! lol
Alfonzo Ruiz

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 10, 2012
 
Sooner or later, all that dirt from officials of the last administration will be swept clean by the new goverment, but some double faced official will sweep that dirt under the rug and then we go back to normal , as it was and as is ! ha ha ha ha .....
Alfonzo Ruiz

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 10, 2012
 
Lani wrote:
wow and Australia which size is larger than the tiny islands of Philippines have no more than 25 mil! seriously PASS the RH BILL!!!!
But we are better lovers here in the Islas Filipinas, see ?? Thats the plain truth and nothing but the truth,

Since: Apr 09

Salcedo, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Abraham Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text> Are you serious Don ? The Forum is owned by the USA ? Great", at least now I know why comments here remains free except for some truths. Now I can breath, freely,.... lol
LOL!!!! Yes they don't look at American forums.

Since: Apr 09

Salcedo, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Alfonzo Ruiz wrote:
<quoted text> But we are better lovers here in the Islas Filipinas, see ?? Thats the plain truth and nothing but the truth,
You know having lots of kids does not equate to proof of sexuality. I can brag I have a hard head but Im not going to run into brick walls to prove it.

Also easier does not mean better. Every Filipina I know say's the men only care about their pleasure. Us foreigners want our women exhausted from orgasm and begging us to stop. Customer service applies in all areas.
Alfonzo Ruiz

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
You know having lots of kids does not equate to proof of sexuality. I can brag I have a hard head but Im not going to run into brick walls to prove it.
Also easier does not mean better. Every Filipina I know say's the men only care about their pleasure. Us foreigners want our women exhausted from orgasm and begging us to stop. Customer service applies in all areas.
No wonder you all end up in a nursing Home and walk like Zombies Don"...I was there and saw all that. lol
Alfonzo Ruiz

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You peopoe who think Filipinos are over populating the country,go out to the barrios and islolated places, and you will see happy faces in all and no mal nourished children. Only in Manila and big cities is it evident that you will see this horrible sight of mal nutrition, because these are people that pour into the city to try begging in the streets and enjoying the sights and the sea which they have never yet seen all their life time. They have brought it upon themselves by coming to the city rather than stay home and plant rice and fish in the rivers, plus plant all kinds of vegetables in whatever space is available everywhere out there. A city has no mercy ! They should go back to the countryside and live freely and contentedly instaed of begging. The media exaggerates their plight. The government can help to get them back to their little nipa shacks out there and show them how things are done. Starvsation my eye", there is no such thing in the Philippines.

Since: Oct 11

Quezon, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

So many... Like pests on the streets if you are near squatters colonies the streets are:
1: their playground, they also turned your windshields into slides
2: bingo parlors
3: rooster farms
4: their parking space as you have to pay them to park even if you are the tax payer
5: their tambayan before and after working hours... Their working hours are usually 5 to 7 am, waiting for victims going to office and 5 to 7pm waiting for victims going home from office, other of course does do overtime.
8: bedroom extension as you can see some sleeping on them even daytime
9: of course Jimmy Boy's favorite... The C.R.
10: basketball court
These are my Top 10 why I dislike the rising population in the Philippines, and why I dislike our government for doing nothing about it, and why I dislike the church for being part of the problem instead of helping

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of289
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Southern Tagalog, Philippines Discussions

Search the Southern Tagalog, Philippines Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
People Around the World Celebrate Easter 2 hr DRNDANIA 12
Opinion: Did Jesus really rise from the dead? 4 hr You name it 11
27-May-13 - Filipino Bishops Call for 'Truth Co... (May '13) Apr 18 ELIAS IBARRA 36
The PH Catholic Church's best-kept secrets (Jun '13) Apr 18 ELIAS IBARRA 127
Historical churches to visit for Visita Iglesia Apr 18 ELIAS IBARRA 1
90 sex workers rescued from girlie bar (Apr '13) Apr 12 Charlie angeles 68
CAAP doubts airport rehab Mar 23 amc 1
•••
•••
•••
•••