John Martinez, Alligator Wrestler on Gator Boys, Dies at Age 30

Sep 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Broward-Palm Beach

Alligator wrestler John Carlos Martinez, a lifelong animal lover and a character on the reality show Gator Boys , died on September 3, New Times has learned.

Comments
1 - 20 of 102 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 3
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
patrick ridgell

Leonardtown, MD

#1 Sep 29, 2013
How did he die?
Chris

Buffalo, NY

#2 Sep 29, 2013
No one is saying how he died they all declined comments
john

Dallas, TX

#3 Sep 29, 2013
i want to know
Ronny

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Sep 29, 2013
Chris wrote:
No one is saying how he died they all declined comments
Truck accident
Charles

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Sep 29, 2013
No one is saying how he died so that means to me there is a story behind his death and it must not be good.
Charles

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Sep 29, 2013
A truck accident? There has to be more to it.Maybe DUI?
Allison

Louisville, KY

#7 Sep 29, 2013
I think us followers of this show deserve to get told what happened to john. We understand the job they do are dangerous . So why can't we be told. ( I'm thinking they went on a call and one got him) and if that's true that is a shame. He was a good guy. So john RIP.
Jamie Laughman

Hanover, PA

#8 Sep 29, 2013
Allison wrote:
I think us followers of this show deserve to get told what happened to john. We understand the job they do are dangerous . So why can't we be told.( I'm thinking they went on a call and one got him) and if that's true that is a shame. He was a good guy. So john RIP.
I agree!!! It's bull crap
Alex

Middle Village, NY

#9 Sep 29, 2013
However it happen,just wanted to RIP he was fun guy on the gator boys he will be missed
Tommy Cagle

United States

#10 Sep 29, 2013
Did he died by an alligator attack?R.i.p John.
kathy

United States

#11 Sep 29, 2013
I agree with Allison as someone who watches the show we should find out what happened.
tonya

Sweetwater, TN

#12 Sep 29, 2013
Holiday Park will only verify that his death did not occur on their property. All other parties have declined comment. Like all true Gator Boys fans, I am shocked and saddened by the news and would appreciate knowing what happened. However, I think we should respect the privacy of J-Marts family and the Gator Boys crew and allow them to grieve their loved one in peace. If they want to share the details in their own time, so be it. Godspeed, J-mart! I hope there are Cheetos in Heaven!
Debby

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Sep 29, 2013
Rest in piece J-Mart!!!! You will be missed ....
tony c

Madison, TN

#14 Sep 29, 2013
are you people freaking idiots ... just because you watch the show you believe that gives you some right into his personal life and cause of death. Maybe no one is saying anything out of respect for John and his family. Hope he has a bag of Cheetos wherever he is.
Non

Katy, TX

#15 Sep 29, 2013
He died from a truck accident but I really don't think it should matter. Even if you are so called "true fans", them not wanting to share what happened is what they're trying to do and "true fans" should have enough respect to just leave it be.
LynnDW

Carnation, WA

#16 Sep 29, 2013
Even tho' I am curious as to why a young man would die at such a young age, it is none of our business why or how he died. I know his family and friends are going through enough misery losing such a funny and, I'm certain, loved friend and they don't need our curious nosiness interfering. God bless J-Mart's Gator Boys' crew and his family. Such a loss - he always appeared to me to be looking for approval and acceptance....my heart always went out to him. God speed J-Mart.
Lynn Davis White
tonya

Sweetwater, TN

#17 Sep 29, 2013
I never claimed I had the "right" to know what happened and apologize if my wording gave such an impression. I realize I don't know these people personally. As I said, this is a private time for those that truly did know and love him. Grief is universal. We all understand loss. I was just expressing sympathy for what is obviously a huge loss. Again, my apologies if I offended anyone...
kathy

United States

#18 Sep 29, 2013
RIP J-Mart my prayers go out to ur family and friends.
Juliet

Rock Springs, WY

#19 Sep 29, 2013
We will all miss him.
tony c

Madison, TN

#20 Sep 29, 2013
tonya wrote:
I never claimed I had the "right" to know what happened and apologize if my wording gave such an impression. I realize I don't know these people personally. As I said, this is a private time for those that truly did know and love him. Grief is universal. We all understand loss. I was just expressing sympathy for what is obviously a huge loss. Again, my apologies if I offended anyone...
You have no reason to apologize ... you said nothing wrong ... my comment was directed towards the idiotic comments above your post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking to breed our dog. (Jun '13) 2 hr carmichael-ca 2
Teacup yorkie puppies for free adoption (Jun '13) 6 hr Trina 156
BEWARE !! English Bulldog Puppy SCAM !!! (Jun '09) Fri mominquestion 670
Acrobatic Capuchin Monkeys availble for free ad... (Oct '13) Aug 28 Bob 3
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
Free Siamese Kittens (Aug '13) Aug 27 janet 19
China volunteers rescue 900 dogs in cramped truck (Mar '13) Aug 27 Anon 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••