House GOP wants to cut food stamps in drive to protect Pentagon from big federal budget cuts

Apr 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

16, 2012, file photo House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., holds up a copy of President Barack Obama's fiscal 2013 federal budget during the budget committee's hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington.

Comments (Page 109)

Showing posts 2,161 - 2,180 of6,938
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Gloiria Again wrote:
<quoted text>
NTR is a liberal consumed by hatred for the White race. She will vote for Obama because he is part Black.
He is.....I thought since the CRA of 64 we were not allowed to consider skin color ?
I did not see any hatred, just good old fashioned hypocrisy, and we all do that.
And you, did you support the fascist Bush and warmonger McCain, if so you supported Obama because they are all the same.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

MOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOMOM wrote:
and if america didnt have so high of a tax maby business people who stay in the country instead of going outside to do business, since there corporate tax is alot lower and were the highest
Business leaves the US because of monetary policy, not tax policy.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
So they just hold onto their money and let it sit because of the possiblity of a tax situation they may not like? That makes no sense at all. If they had something to sell and people that were willing to buy their products, they are going to hold off until what? The corporate tax rate right now is at its lowest point in almost 75 years. I have heard that same dumb argument before.
They are holding onto it because they are greedy. They want the econonmy to tank as much as possible so Obama will be blamed. Its pretty simple and quite obvious. And we don't have time for "big money will sit, watch, and wait". Most of us have live to live and kids to raise. This isn't some Faux News gameshow.
NO<NO<NO
They hold the money for far more rational reasons. If they spent it the mony would loose value. Inflation is the increase in the supply of money and credit, prices go up when the money hits the market. They hold the money to prevent from loosing value, its called hoarding. They do this for rational reasons just Americans dont cash out the paper they own on Wall Street, it cost too much to spend it.

Monetary policy, not tax policy

Right now the savings rate among the citizens is a scant 1.5%. Why dont more people save money - because it looses value over time and at 1% interest they cant afford, its rational. Raise interest rates and people will start saving again. Raise the interest rates and Wall Street will start dumping money in the market. Why would Wall Street spend money in the market now, they can get zero percent loans and buy government bonds and make 3% with no risk. End the discount window and our economy gets better, Wall Street gets pooreer.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/w atch/?id=7407748n&tag=stac k
U. S. Corporations Post Record Breaking Profits
So, the top 500 had an increase in profits of 16.4%. They have done extraordinarily well by cutting payroll (and benefits no doubt). They've also been doing business in places like China and Brazil and expanding business there - not here. Who isn't participating? Employees who aren't getting raises.
Who are they?
Exxon Mobile
Walmart
Chevron
Conoco Phillips
GM
lead the pack.
How many of those 5 corps you mention here support Obama ???????and don't tell me "none"!!!, NTR....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Rico the Magic Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Gloria voted for Obama is 2008.
Whoever voted for who in 2008 has no bearing on those same who, who will vote for who in 2012, Rico.....It's a non issue and the only reason you blurted that out was to elicit a response from her just as Alinsky would have done...I know your kind well...
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>How many of those 5 corps you mention here support Obama ???????and don't tell me "none"!!!, NTR....
Who is the number one donor to Obama, the same as Romney - Goldman Sachs
Who is the number one supporter of Ron Paul - The active duty troops who make working mans wages........think about that......
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

<quoted text>
Newsflash....a lot of people voted for Obama in 08.
The GOP base stayed home because they were embarrassed by McCain / Bush. They are doing it again this year for Romney, staying home. Ron Paul is the only candidate growing the party, and he does this in spite of the party. Imagine if he actually got media support......

Mark my words....the GOP cannot beat Obama without Paul. Simple as that.
If you want Obama to be a one term President you had better get the elites of Wall Street to quit attacking Paul and let the media report on him. I dont care because I dont see one difference between Obama and Bush, Obama and Romney. To me Obama is just like Romney, so if oyu want to win you had better get off your ass quick and stop the lies about Paul, otherwise we will fight the party and the GOP will get beat, balls in your court !
Gloiria Again

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>Turn on your registered account Rico. The only one you're attempting to fool is yourself.
Himself is the only one he ever fools with his fake accounts!
Gloiria Again

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Whoever voted for who in 2008 has no bearing on those same who, who will vote for who in 2012, Rico.....It's a non issue and the only reason you blurted that out was to elicit a response from her just as Alinsky would have done...I know your kind well...
I voted for Obama in 2008 - yes. See if I do in November 2012.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>Newsflash....a lot of people voted for Obama in 08.
The GOP base stayed home because they were embarrassed by McCain / Bush. They are doing it again this year for Romney, staying home. Ron Paul is the only candidate growing the party, and he does this in spite of the party. Imagine if he actually got media support......
Mark my words....the GOP cannot beat Obama without Paul. Simple as that.
If you want Obama to be a one term President you had better get the elites of Wall Street to quit attacking Paul and let the media report on him. I dont care because I dont see one difference between Obama and Bush, Obama and Romney. To me Obama is just like Romney, so if oyu want to win you had better get off your ass quick and stop the lies about Paul, otherwise we will fight the party and the GOP will get beat, balls in your court !
Therein lies the problem, the media.
Gloiria Again

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>He is.....I thought since the CRA of 64 we were not allowed to consider skin color ?
I did not see any hatred, just good old fashioned hypocrisy, and we all do that.
And you, did you support the fascist Bush and warmonger McCain, if so you supported Obama because they are all the same.
I think Bush should be hauled into the International Court in Prague and be put on trial for war crimes against humanity.

McCain is a two faced liar that I never supported either.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies the problem, the media.
The press is the only industry protected in the bill of rights. Is it not a violation of the 1st amendment to allow one street in America to own the press. Is it free when 5 people own it all ?
The media is the effect, the root cause is the central bank who gives the money they print against our labor to their buddies to buy the world.
The problem is the fed, not the effects and consequences of them.

Without the fed printing money and giving to their buddies most all of our economic ills would reduce, dramatically.

Wall Street own the country because of the fed, not the congress.

Ever read the story of the Christmas massacre of 1912...if not its worth a read.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Gloiria Again wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Bush should be hauled into the International Court in Prague and be put on trial for war crimes against humanity.
McCain is a two faced liar that I never supported either.
I agree, except the international courts have no jurisdiction. It should be done by the people of the US.
Obama should be tried for treason when he sent us into war without approval in Libya and when he murdered a US citizen with no judicial review.
Gloiria Again

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Do you know where the polling place was where I voted at?

Obsessed Mexican
Gloiria Again

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, except the international courts have no jurisdiction. It should be done by the people of the US.
Obama should be tried for treason when he sent us into war without approval in Libya and when he murdered a US citizen with no judicial review.
Cheney too.

Obama will murder more..
Gloiria Again

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
For the love of GOD, take an ESL class.
I thought you didnt follow me all over Topix, vato?

I will make it simple - FO Rico
Redman

Choctaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

I would agree 100% with this....if you don't work you don't eat off tax payers. Get you food from charity, churches and etc....or eat grass.

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/w atch/?id=7407748n&tag=stac k
U. S. Corporations Post Record Breaking Profits
So, the top 500 had an increase in profits of 16.4%. They have done extraordinarily well by cutting payroll (and benefits no doubt). They've also been doing business in places like China and Brazil and expanding business there - not here. Who isn't participating? Employees who aren't getting raises.
Who are they?
Exxon Mobile
Walmart
Chevron
Conoco Phillips
GM
lead the pack.
Replying to myself on this, I post the following while saying to myself "Hmmmmmmmm?"

Oil Prices Suffer Largest One-Day Decline In Nearly Six Months

By JONATHAN FAHEY and CHRIS KAHN 05/04/12 AP

NEW YORK -- The price of oil suffered its biggest one-day decline in nearly six months Friday, falling below $100 per barrel for the first time since February. A drop in gasoline prices can't be far behind.

It's a welcome trend for motorists, with the summer driving season just around the corner. And it eases some pressure on the U.S. economy, which has shown only agonizingly slow growth in the nearly three years since the Great Recession ended.

Oil fell $4.05, or 4 percent, to $98.49, after a weak U.S. jobs report offered the latest evidence that the global economy is weakening, possibly reducing demand for oil. At the same time, there is mounting evidence that world oil supplies are growing.(cont.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/06/oil-...

Record profits at public expense (read misery). That's the name of the game.

“Extremism is no virtue”

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Redman wrote:
I would agree 100% with this....if you don't work you don't eat off tax payers. Get you food from charity, churches and etc....or eat grass.
Do you happen to have 12 million jobs to offer? That's how many Americans want one. How many jobs have gone unfilled? Take your time.

“Extremism is no virtue”

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Gloiria Again wrote:
<quoted text> I thought you didnt follow me all over Topix, vato?
I will make it simple - FO Rico
No, YOU FO and stop following ME around Topix, stalker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,161 - 2,180 of6,938
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Personal Finance Forum right now

Search the Personal Finance Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Taxes Are Crushing Woonsocket 1 hr Karav 1
Panel Slams Banks Over Credit Practices (Mar '07) 2 hr Typical 11
2014 best loan 7 hr Richmond 1
Credit quality more important than growth: econ... 19 hr seeing to believing 1
Driver's licenses for illegal immigrants Sat Jose 346
Individual Investor Portfolio Update: Rebalance... Fri Philip Cohen 4
Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Fri swedenforever 2
•••
•••