Young illegal immigrants will be eligible for California driver's licenses

Aug 16, 2012 Full story: Monterey County Herald 67

California will issue driver's licenses to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants once the Obama administration grants them work permits, the state Department of Motor Vehicles says.

Full Story
pug

Justice, IL

#22 Aug 17, 2012
Rico the Magic Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit lying.
You get caught driving a car without a DL or insurance, you face a $600 fine for no DL and a $1300 fine for no insurance plus you get your car impounded for 30 days.
This is what happens to anyone caught regardless of immigration status. The only thing that illegals get a break on is at DUI checkpoints, they still get the ticket for no DL and no insurance but they're allowed to get a lawful driver to drive the car home in a reasonable time instead of it getting impounded.
Why the "special" treatment?
pug

Justice, IL

#23 Aug 17, 2012
Head on crash

By NBCWashington.com

The man convicted in the deadly Bristow, Va., accident that killed a nun was sentenced Friday to 20 years in prison.

Police said Carlos Martinelly-Montano, in the United States illegally, was drunk when he slammed his car into another car in 2010. The crash killed Sister Denise Mosier and injured two other nuns. He was convicted of felony murder in October.

In court Friday, Montano pleaded at length for mercy, New4's Julie Carey reported. He told the judge he has reformed in prison and hopes to become a pastor.

----------

The incident was Montano's third drunken driving offense and happened while he was awaiting deportation.

In August of 2010, the three nuns in the car were headed to a retreat at the Saint Benedict Monastery in Bristow, about five miles away from the scene of the crash on Bristow Road near Wright Lane. Investigators said Martinelly-Montano, coming in the opposite direction, crossed over the center line and crashed into the nuns' car head on.
magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#24 Aug 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Quit lying.
You get caught driving a car without a DL or insurance, you face a $600 fine for no DL and a $1300 fine for no insurance plus you get your car impounded for 30 days.
This is what happens to anyone caught regardless of immigration status. The only thing that illegals get a break on is at DUI checkpoints, they still get the ticket for no DL and no insurance but they're allowed to get a lawful driver to drive the car home in a reasonable time instead of it getting impounded.
SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING AT ALL!!! Who the fack do they think they are to get a free pass?!!! This is just one of the many MILLIONS of reasons that Americans hate Hispanic illegal aliens!!! I don't like illegal immigration by no means, but Asians at least try to fit in and make it work...they should be deported as well, but hispanic illegal aliens are always looking for someone to help them out our special treatment. BUT, HEADS UP, THE TIDE IS TURNING!!!
magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#25 Aug 17, 2012
pug wrote:
Head on crash
By NBCWashington.com
The man convicted in the deadly Bristow, Va., accident that killed a nun was sentenced Friday to 20 years in prison.
Police said Carlos Martinelly-Montano, in the United States illegally, was drunk when he slammed his car into another car in 2010. The crash killed Sister Denise Mosier and injured two other nuns. He was convicted of felony murder in October.
In court Friday, Montano pleaded at length for mercy, New4's Julie Carey reported. He told the judge he has reformed in prison and hopes to become a pastor.
----------
The incident was Montano's third drunken driving offense and happened while he was awaiting deportation.
In August of 2010, the three nuns in the car were headed to a retreat at the Saint Benedict Monastery in Bristow, about five miles away from the scene of the crash on Bristow Road near Wright Lane. Investigators said Martinelly-Montano, coming in the opposite direction, crossed over the center line and crashed into the nuns' car head on.
Sorry, folks, drunken driving is not a "serious" offense for the new Dreamer's amnesty! If the nun had not died, he could be in line with the rest of 'em, deport proof, and ready to work!!!
Burt

Georgetown, DE

#26 Aug 18, 2012
Retired USMC wrote:
The LAW is the LAW, Illegals entering the country: The law can be quoted word for word but in simple words an illegal is a criminal as any law breaker. That makes ANYONE who supports them guilty of breaking the law also (Aiding and Abetting a criminal) IT IS THE LAW. That makes an awful lot of people who think the law does not apply to them really someone I could never trust or respect due to their actions. Those people supporting illegals are criminals also (under the law) and are acting in very UN-American ways. All politicians (event at the highest levels) and Law enforcement that does not uphold the law is guilty also as accomplices in aiding and abetting criminals. All it takes is for one citizen to place charges against those who think they are above the law. How can you call yourself American when you go against the Constitution and break the laws of the country. You could be call Communists or even worse.
Throw out the law bring em all in!! Wierd!!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

#27 Aug 18, 2012
Juan wrote:
They should be able to get a drivers license.
An American citizen can drive in Mexico can't they, what's the difference ? Many American drive drunk in Mexico also.
illegal immigrants are not allowed to drive in M

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#28 Aug 18, 2012
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>Hay Sarge !
Sounds like you've been sniffing too much gun powder.
I say the USA should treat criminal invaders in the USA the same way Mexico treats the illegals

Toss them into horrible jails were they are only given three slices of moldy bread per day and forced to work as slaves
Turn all of the women into prostitutes

Yea the USA needs to follow how Mexico treats the criminal invaders

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#29 Aug 18, 2012
native Californian wrote:
To get a license they have to pass the exams and road tests. This is better than just getting into a car and thinking they know how to drive.
making little rocks out of big rocks is a better choice for them

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#30 Aug 18, 2012
<quoted text>Are you that ignorant? If illegals take the required steps to obtain a DL then they're just as qualified to safely drive as you with your own DL.

Gosh you people make me sick with your ignorance.
wrong again

They are illegal and belong in prison for 30 years

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#31 Aug 18, 2012
<quoted text>He should have been deported on his 3rd DUI per Federal law but what do you expect when re-entering the USA illegally is as easy as a hop, skip and cartwheel?
if they were facing 30 years in prison they would think twice
Tino

United States

#32 Aug 18, 2012
My self I was thinking here in us people was Intiligent and smart I am confused now . The president after congres and the senate has failed to pass the immigration problem has to grant the path to all immigrants with no status they deserve same think the rest of us citizens truth it's the truth us was build from immigrants taken from Indians yes or no history tells the truth if you are talking for law breakers first you have to look yourself help the rest of immigrants here unite the families and continue American dream
TLP

Lawrenceville, GA

#33 Aug 18, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
With more illegal aliens on the road will mean more DUIs, more death and more deportations.
Which r u more happy about deaths or deportation.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#34 Aug 18, 2012
Drazil wrote:
Roads are becoming more dangerous because illegals think they know how to drive in the USA. They don't -- they're very dangerous on the freeway.
I see it everyday on my way to work. Drivers need to know the law.
These people don't follow the law any way. Doy think if they get a license that they won't still drive drunk? Or have insurance? Their culture is a lawless one.

Question, how do you issue a 4 year license on a 2 year permit?

Watch out for the fraud. Illegal aliens from all around the country will have California driver licenses, even terrorists.

Houston, TX

#35 Aug 18, 2012
TLP wrote:
<quoted text>
Which r u more happy about deaths or deportation.
Having illegal aliens here period.

I'am so looking forward to seeing the illegal alien train wreck when Obama leaves office.

Houston, TX

#36 Aug 18, 2012
Tino wrote:
My self I was thinking here in us people was Intiligent and smart I am confused now . The president after congres and the senate has failed to pass the immigration problem has to grant the path to all immigrants with no status they deserve same think the rest of us citizens truth it's the truth us was build from immigrants taken from Indians yes or no history tells the truth if you are talking for law breakers first you have to look yourself help the rest of immigrants here unite the families and continue American dream
Whatever it is you're on, cut the dose.

The immigration problem is, there's no enforcement. When welfare and social services dry up, then you'll see illegal aliens stop coming when they can't get anything for free. This free lunch can't last forever.

We don't care about illegal alien families. If you can't afford to have children, don't have them.
Logic

Brooklyn, NY

#37 Aug 18, 2012
magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING AT ALL!!! Who the fack do they think they are to get a free pass?!!! This is just one of the many MILLIONS of reasons that Americans hate Hispanic illegal aliens!!! I don't like illegal immigration by no means, but Asians at least try to fit in and make it work...they should be deported as well, but hispanic illegal aliens are always looking for someone to help them out our special treatment. BUT, HEADS UP, THE TIDE IS TURNING!!!
What tide are you talking about magdala? I really do hope it's the tide where "Americans" start taking matters into their own hands. I want to see that. Lmao!
magadala

Orting, WA

#38 Aug 19, 2012
Exactly! Lmao all you want...
socalgawfer

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#39 Aug 19, 2012
I have a new plan for myself.
I am not paying taxes any more. I know it's the
law, but not paying just allows me to help my family better. I'll make up new SS numbers whenever the IRS comes after me. When I get caught, I'll scream unfair, racist, unjust, I'm just trying to help my family.
When it really gets bad, I'll promise to get all the like minded people together and offer my voting block to whoever gives us the best deal.
We'll probably end up with zero interest government loans
What a joke
patrick

Lancaster, CA

#40 Aug 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Quit lying.
Grow up hommie... it ain't happening and you reciting laws about what should be is the lamest shit ever written
Bettybop

Concord, CA

#41 Aug 23, 2012
Totally agree with the USMC retiree. These people come to the US uninvited and illegally! It's beyond ridiculous. How many Americans are in Mexico getting free medical, free schooling, free food, free room and board ect??!! It's pathetic. These people come to bring this country down. I love roosters in front yards. And especially love cars on the front lawn. That's charming. Until we secure all southern borders this problem will only continue to deteriate this once wonderful state and country. Notice we don't have problems with the northern borders (Canadians don't care to illegally invade the US) breaking the law shouldn't entitle these illegal migrants to obtain anything in the Us!!!' they are breaking the law!' again Breaking the law!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Australian PM urged to go easy on refugees afte... 2 hr CACAtracker 17
George Clooney: We need to stand with Sony 5 hr LC Campbell 4
Daily Technical Strategist on EURJPY 12 hr FXTechstrategy Team 1
Retirement Knowledge Lacking Among Americans 18 hr Alaine Black 3
White House: Holder resigning as attorney general 22 hr Swedenforever 113
What Wall Street won in budget deal Thu theidiotsdareunited 3
Sears stores closing: Massive losses leave 235 ... Thu NoOneRewarded 3
More from around the web