Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Sep 25, 2011 Full story: MLive.com 15,277

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Full Story
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15796 Aug 13, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, yeah...you've spouted this line before. God doesn't WANT to send people to hell...he just HAS to.
Your god is sick.
My friend, this is not what I said. What I said was that God does NOT want anyone to go to Hell, but WE send ourselves there because we choose too.

What do you mean sick?

Was it sick when Jesus went through a agony in the Garden where he took on all the sin?

He saw each sin and was tormented by Satan as he stood before Christ accusing man of being unworthy of such a sacrifice.

Was it sick when Jesus was arrested and dragged by ropes and chains to be accused by the priests, along the way he was mocked kicked and punched,even spat on, he was judged by false witnesses and sentenced to death by the people claiming to represent God?

Was it sick when Jesus was Whipped and had his flesh torn of exposing his bones?

Was it sick when Jesus Had nails hammered into his hands and feet. He was lifted up and hung. He suffered severely as the heart and lungs where no longer able to work, he affixated and this is the worst way to die. He could hardly speak but managed to by raising his body to free the lungs,to get a breath to speak,His body shook and his nerves all exposed shot unbelievable pain through his body.

Was it sick when Lastly he had to look into the eyes of his Mother standing in agony at the foot of the cross to tell her that he will make things new, and when he looked up into the Heavens and told his Father that IT IS FINISHED.

My friend, I dont find anything sick with Jesus dieing for us.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#15797 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, this is not what I have said. What I say is that God does NOT want anyone to go to Hell, but WE send ourselves there.
What do you mean by sick? Was it sick when Jesus saw each sin and was tormented by Satan as he stood before Christ accusing man of being unworthy of such a sacrifice?
I referred to your god as sick because any being that is all knowing and all powerful and still feels that it is okay to create a lake of fire to burn lesser beings in for a million times a billion times a trillion years is seriously, seriously ill.

PS - no one would "choose" to go to hell. You're not making sense.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#15798 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, this is not what I said. What I said was that God does NOT want anyone to go to Hell, but WE send ourselves there because we choose too.
What do you mean sick?
Was it sick when Jesus went through a agony in the Garden where he took on all the sin?
He saw each sin and was tormented by Satan as he stood before Christ accusing man of being unworthy of such a sacrifice.
Was it sick when Jesus was arrested and dragged by ropes and chains to be accused by the priests, along the way he was mocked kicked and punched,even spat on, he was judged by false witnesses and sentenced to death by the people claiming to represent God?
Was it sick when Jesus was Whipped and had his flesh torn of exposing his bones?
Was it sick when Jesus Had nails hammered into his hands and feet. He was lifted up and hung. He suffered severely as the heart and lungs where no longer able to work, he affixated and this is the worst way to die. He could hardly speak but managed to by raising his body to free the lungs,to get a breath to speak,His body shook and his nerves all exposed shot unbelievable pain through his body.
Was it sick when Lastly he had to look into the eyes of his Mother standing in agony at the foot of the cross to tell her that he will make things new, and when he looked up into the Heavens and told his Father that IT IS FINISHED.
Seems pretty sick to me.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#15799 Aug 13, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The story is absurd, so we know it didn't happen.
140,000 birds on a boat lined with tar for a year!? Have you cleaned up a bird cage with one bird in it? Don't you realize how much food would have been needed to feed them?
The point isn't of absurdity. A century ago it was absurd to think men would go to the moon. The fact is that 99% of all known cultures that existed and do exist have one or more stories of a "epic" global flood. Did you know that? That's a whole lotta absurd myths from cultures that have existed for the last several thousand years, about a flood that people say didn't happen.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#15800 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, he is God. If he knows one, he knows all.
i've got a message for you straight from god... she appeared to me last night and begged for me to tell you to shut up... you're giving her a terrible headache.

Location hidden

#15801 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean sick?
who writes your material, dante? you're one sick little puppy.
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15802 Aug 13, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I referred to your god as sick because any being that is all knowing and all powerful and still feels that it is okay to create a lake of fire to burn lesser beings in for a million times a billion times a trillion years is seriously, seriously ill.
PS - no one would "choose" to go to hell. You're not making sense.
My friend, Hell was not created for us.

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus makes it clear that Hell was created for Satan and his angels.
"Then he will say to those on his left,'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

God created Hell for the Devil and his Demons, we were Never ment for Hell. Jesus died for our sins, if we do not accept Christ then we do not accept Heaven, and theres only one more place to go, Hell.

Every sin we have committed or will commit Christ has already died for.
God does not send people to hell. He sacrificed his Son, so that ALL may enter the gates of heaven. There are only two choices: heaven or hell and he has left that choice to us.
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15803 Aug 13, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
i've got a message for you straight from god... she appeared to me last night and begged for me to tell you to shut up... you're giving her a terrible headache.
My friend, they reffer to God as the Father. He is not woman, but man.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#15804 Aug 13, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
With the way science itself is proving more and more of the "mythical" stories of the Bible as being actual events/persons/places, as often as they are doing that I would find it unwise to call any Bible story a myth at this point.
I do agree the Bible time line is faulty. But for the moment to pretend there is a god that created all that is, I believe that it would have used evolution as it's time line for bringing forth it's children.
Of how the universes came to be, I can only guess with the evidece that science supplies and it changes what it thinks from one decade to another.
Yes the earth has always been a sphere. But when I said a flat surface, I meant the crust of the earth being flat, not the earth itself. The average depth of the ocean is 4000 meters or about 3+ miles deep. Rise that to say a quarter mile of depth and see how far the ocean level rises upon us.
You didn't define the term myth so I have no idea what you mean.

Thanks, you agree the Bible time line is faulty or not to be taken literally.

Scientific law and God's Law cannot be in conflict if God is the creator of all that exists right?

There is only enough water to raise the oceans by less than two meters.

Santa Cruz, CA

#15805 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says there is no gender in heaven. Therefore you are squabbling over something of no consequence.

Santa Cruz, CA

#15806 Aug 13, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
A myth is a story of a time/event/people/place for which at present there is no evidence for. That is a myth to me.
Then we have a much different interpretation of the word myth.

The word myth in my vocabulary, means a fictitious story originally conceived to impart a much greater truth. Therefore, a myth is something which is "true" yet most likely never happened.

Santa Cruz, CA

#15807 Aug 13, 2012
I would call the flood story a myth by either definition.

Thanks for your thoughtful discussion.

What does the the flood and Noah's Ark make you think of? IOWs what is the significance of the story to you?

Location hidden

#15808 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, Hell was not created for us.
In Matthew 25:41, Jesus makes it clear that Hell was created for Satan and his angels.
"Then he will say to those on his left,'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."
God created Hell for the Devil and his Demons, we were Never ment for Hell. Jesus died for our sins, if we do not accept Christ then we do not accept Heaven, and theres only one more place to go, Hell.
Every sin we have committed or will commit Christ has already died for.
God does not send people to hell. He sacrificed his Son, so that ALL may enter the gates of heaven. There are only two choices: heaven or hell and he has left that choice to us.
first off, the book of 'matthew' wasn't written by anybody named matthew. it was paraphrased from a different gospel written by the nazoreans. not only that, but in the original jewish form it's written very differently. there's no mention of hell... or satan.

get a life.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#15809 Aug 13, 2012
<quoted text>
first off, the book of 'matthew' wasn't written by anybody named matthew. it was paraphrased from a different gospel written by the nazoreans. not only that, but in the original jewish form it's written very differently. there's no mention of hell... or satan.
get a life.
You probably already read about the Gnostics, your posts indicate that you're pretty well read and rounded on many religious subjects, but the Gnostics gospels that survived does have it written that Jesus said that there's no hell. The Gnostic version of Christianity and their writings of Jesus accounts and his teachings differs from the RCC bible and their spin offs. That's why the very early RCC charged all Gnostics of heresy and had many killed, who didn't escape to someplace else, and their gospels destroyed. Fortunately not all of their writings were destroyed.
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15811 Aug 13, 2012
<quoted text>
get a life.
My friend, the book of Matthew was written by the apostle of the same name.

The word "Satan" is an untranslated word. It is not an English word. Instead, it comes from the Hebrew, from which it has passed into Greek and then English.

Location hidden

#15812 Aug 13, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You probably already read about the Gnostics, your posts indicate that you're pretty well read and rounded on many religious subjects, but the Gnostics gospels that survived does have it written that Jesus said that there's no hell. The Gnostic version of Christianity and their writings of Jesus accounts and his teachings differs from the RCC bible and their spin offs. That's why the very early RCC charged all Gnostics of heresy and had many killed, who didn't escape to someplace else, and their gospels destroyed. Fortunately not all of their writings were destroyed.
not to denigrate your words in any way i'd simply like to point out that it was much worse than you may know... to build upon what you have begun here:
the root word of gnostic is gnosis... knowledge. the gnostics are not exactly the same as the nazoreans.(the sect to which yeshua and all of the 13 original apostles and his mother mary belonged) but follow a good many of their teachings. it was the nazoreans who saul of tarsus sold to rome as martyrs in an effort to force them to hand over all the scrolls containing the words of jesus and the apostles to him. he had already sold them to the church at rome, but then couldn't produce them.
eventually one of his followers was able to find and steal a scroll later called 'the gospel of the holy 12' as it was being transported by the apostle, thomas didymus, back to the holy land from tibet where it had been hidden in the same hindu temple where yeshua had spent his adolescent years in study, and murder thomas in the process to silence him. from this scroll saul and his followers were able to piece together enough of the words of jesus and the apostles come up with a cogent writing of their own in order to attempt to save saul's skin from the romans who were, by then, after his head for being a fraud.
as things turned out, saul's deceit didn't work out very well. the roman church had already caught on to his scam and just to prove that they really weren't in possession of a working sense of humour, it was soon afterward that he was imprisoned and eventually executed. by then, however, most of his specious teachings had already been written into the doctrine of the church and it was too late to change without demonstrating their own ignorance to the masses.
can you add more to the truth of the matter?

Location hidden

#15813 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "Satan" is an untranslated word. It is not an English word. Instead, it comes from the Hebrew, from which it has passed into Greek and then English.
*rotfl*

Location hidden

#15814 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are aware, are you not, that the words 'el shadai' in hebrew mean 'god with tits' and el rechem, or 'god with a womb'

Deut. 32:18 refers to "the God who gave you birth," while in Is. 46:3-4, God says, "[you] have been borne by me from your birth, carried from the womb... I have made and I will bear, I will carry and I will save" (NRSV).

Location hidden

#15815 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
so, you're saying that the name satan which has been translated from hebrew into greek,(you forgot aramaic here) and then translated into LATIN and then translated into english has never been translated. hmmm.

you're weird.

Location hidden

#15816 Aug 13, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
btw... i also hate to tell you that none of the original 13 apostles had english names.

not only that, but jesus's family name wasn't christ, and his middle initial certainly wasn't 'H'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Australian PM urged to go easy on refugees afte... 13 hr CACAtracker 17
George Clooney: We need to stand with Sony 17 hr LC Campbell 4
Daily Technical Strategist on EURJPY 23 hr FXTechstrategy Team 1
Retirement Knowledge Lacking Among Americans Thu Alaine Black 3
White House: Holder resigning as attorney general Thu Swedenforever 113
What Wall Street won in budget deal Thu theidiotsdareunited 3
Sears stores closing: Massive losses leave 235 ... Thu NoOneRewarded 3
More from around the web