Man Makes Final Mortgage Payment in 800 Pounds of Pennies

Jul 6, 2012 Full story: NBC Dallas 30

Thomas Daigle handed his bank a pair of boxes filled with 62,000 pennies this year, The Milford Daily News reported.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#21 Jul 7, 2012
It's legal tender..

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#22 Jul 7, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
It's legal tender..
Don't bank on it,.. unless you're at a bank. Many business places reserve the right of refusal beyond convenience.
FAFA

United States

#23 Jul 7, 2012
Good for him!
FAFA

United States

#24 Jul 7, 2012
stupid tracker
dee

Germany

#25 Jul 7, 2012
like Jacob explained I can't believe that a mom able to earn $4241 in 4 weeks on the computer. have you seen this site http://goo.gl/UUZFR

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#26 Jul 7, 2012
Old Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Our bank does this for free. I put all my change in a big ol' goldfish bowl, and when it gets full I carry it into the bank. They aren't exactly glad to see me comin', but about twice a year I walk outta that bank with an empty goldfish bowl and upwards of $150.
And I'm not too proud to pick up random change in a parking lot. Though I freely admit, the ground is further away than it used to be.......
=|
Do you deposit that money into your savings or checking accounts?

I save change (I learned that from Suzy Ormond) and roll it when I have enough. I wait until I have at least $50.00 and bring it into my bank to deposit in my savings account. How I wish they paid better interest.

I will admit that I, too, will pick up any change I find on the ground. I usually find change when I stop at a convenience store like 7-11 or Circle K. In the parking lots of those stores. Check the ground in a grocery store parking lot as well.

Happy Hunting. May your search be profitable.:-)

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#27 Jul 7, 2012
Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you deposit that money into your savings or checking accounts?
I save change (I learned that from Suzy Ormond) and roll it when I have enough. I wait until I have at least $50.00 and bring it into my bank to deposit in my savings account. How I wish they paid better interest.
I will admit that I, too, will pick up any change I find on the ground. I usually find change when I stop at a convenience store like 7-11 or Circle K. In the parking lots of those stores. Check the ground in a grocery store parking lot as well.
Happy Hunting. May your search be profitable.:-)
We have a change counter thingy that sorts the coins into tubes for coin rollers. We've saved about 200.00 so far this year! We call it our NASCAR fund! LOL!

“Jody”

Location hidden

#28 Jul 7, 2012
Now and then I take a spell of saving every one dollar bill I receive in change. It's shocking how quick it adds up. Fun to take a brick of 300 singles to the bank.

“frequently laughing”

Hotel California

#29 Jul 7, 2012
Gail Snail wrote:
My son-in-law cashed in the change he saved in an old water bottle. We had 12 double-bagged plastic bags and needed a wagon to take them into WalMart to be counted. The coin counter kicked out old pennies and foreign coins. It took about 1 hour as the machine would sometimes complain (yes, a message would appear) saying we were going too fast while feeding the coins into the tray.
Unfortunately there was a fee. I told him next time I'll roll the coins and I wouldn't charge him a fee.
A 1 gallon jar of pennies is $50 dollars.

“I'll just kick me down a wall,”

Since: Dec 11

And walk outa here!

#30 Jul 7, 2012
I spent many of my younger days rolling up pennies for cigarettes, gas, food, and other things. it's so amazing how valuable they become when your broke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Personal Finance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Axis Capital Group, Inc. CA Review - Formal Com... 1 hr maryrosa 5
White House: Holder resigning as attorney general 4 hr Swedenforever 112
Chamber names 2014's top businesses 15 hr will same happen ... 7
Making an impact 18 hr Medewiwin 1
Canadians stretch out auto loans as debt warnin... Mon Michael 3
ssd solution chemical/black money cleaning (Nov '12) Sep 28 Antonia Ave 12
Daily water allocation could be the next Califo... Sep 28 PATTON lives 1

Personal Finance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE