Poor Children in Kentucky need your help.

Posted in the New York Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 19, 2011
Please read carefully!!

I am a youth pastor at a small church in Southern Kentucky in a very poor area. We are having an explosion of kids coming! These children come from homes you can not imagine!! The neglect and harshness they live with will bring tears to your eyes! We are struggling to have space to teach these precious kids and desperately need to provide space for these children to learn about God in. If you could help in anyway it would be greatly appreciated!!

For more information or to make a donation you can email us at

tatevillechurch@windstream.net

You can access our videos at youtube.com by typing in Tateville Church in the search bar.

Here is a video of their Christmas play.

Location hidden

#2 Feb 19, 2011

I am sorry I hit enter too quick this is the video.
it is a con

United States

#3 Feb 20, 2011
that's funny I've never heard of tateville and I live in Louisville ??

Location hidden

#4 Feb 20, 2011
Tateville is a small community in Pulaski County in Somerset. I am sure you have heard of Somerset. We have over 140 videos on youtube dating back to September of last year.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 20, 2011
If you go to Youtube.com and type in Tateville Church you will be sure that this is no con. Here is a video from December 3rd. On this night we had a little boy age 7 who came with no shirt or socks on. We had a little girl age 5 whose teeth had rotted out. We had a family of 4 kids who walked to church the oldest was 8. It was 27 degrees that night. Here is a clip of that service.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 20, 2011
You can also check us out on Facebook at Tateville Church of God of Prophecy which is the denomination we belong to.

The Tateville Church was founded in the 1930's, but we recently did change the name to New Hope not to be confused the videos posted after January 1st reflect this new name change which fits what is going on in the church. You can also go to the Kentucky Church of God of Prophecy webpage and read articles on us further explaining this situation. It is no con I guarantee you, but I understand in this day and age one has to be careful. Just please watch the videos and you will see for yourself.
liner

Bellport, NY

#7 Feb 20, 2011
You seem to spend an inordinate amount of time with social media. Perhaps your time could be better spent caring for these kids?

“Watch out for that tree”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 20, 2011
Nattysdaddy wrote:
Please read carefully!!
I am a youth pastor at a small church in Southern Kentucky in a very poor area. We are having an explosion of kids coming! These children come from homes you can not imagine!! The neglect and harshness they live with will bring tears to your eyes! We are struggling to have space to teach these precious kids and desperately need to provide space for these children to learn about God in. If you could help in anyway it would be greatly appreciated!!
For more information or to make a donation you can email us at
tatevillechurch@windstream.net
You can access our videos at youtube.com by typing in Tateville Church in the search bar.
Here is a video of their Christmas play.
Such a heartwarming story that I had to scan through the video real quick. What i saw was clean children wearing clean clothes and they looked well fed like the adults. The church was also very clean and neat with wainscot walls and clean furnishings. They also have [obviously] a video camera & sound system & computers hooked up to the internet to post videos. Sorry but no tears came to my eyes. Wanna hear a tearjerker? Here in LI NY we pay at least an average of $10K a year in property taxes 'cause we have to support the illegals & welfare cases not to mention a pile of other things most of us don't need or use. We pay the highest rate for electric & other utilities. those working in NYC also get to pay NYC income tax along with federal & state tax. What's left after that can be invested for our children's college education. those of us who are fortunate enough also want to stash away $$$ for retirement & a place to retire to after the last ounce of blood is gone. You crying yet? I could go on but it's hard to see what i'm writing through misty eyes. listen - I give you credit looking to fund your cause but we NYers just ain't got the spare change & we got our own causes. Hey buddy can YOU spare a dime?
Are you kidding

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Feb 20, 2011
Please read carefully!!

You are talking to people living on Long Island who are currently on the verge of losing everything!

We support over 1,000,000 welfare recipients in the area and over 200,000 unionized civil servants. In addition, we have an unknown number of illegals working off the books, sending the money home, and draining resources of fire, police, hospital and EMS services.

Our prez assures us that we on LI are all too rich and have to give back what we have stolen. It's only fair.

Your area actually has a lower than average unemployment rate.

Try again next year.

Seriously

Woodbridge, VA

#10 Feb 20, 2011
Birth control...

Location hidden

#11 Feb 20, 2011
The unemployment rate in Tateville is not available as it is only a small community. Many of these children's parents do work but they spend it on drugs and not the kids.

We are not asking for help with things for the children we can take care of those things what we are unable to do is build facilities large enough to house them all. The church does not own cameras or computer equipment that is mine that I use for the church. We do have a small PA system.

I understand it is rough all over I am not asking for any large sum of money if those that could spare just a dollar would it would help greatly.
Are you kidding

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Feb 20, 2011
Nattysdaddy wrote:
Many of these children's parents do work but they spend it on drugs and not the kids.
What do you think is the better solution? Get the money from mommy and daddy - or get it from us on LI??

Last time I looked, meat, potatoes and vegetables were still a lot cheaper than illegal drugs. And criminal defense attorneys.
been cheated on man

Glasgow, KY

#14 Feb 20, 2011
im from kentucky 60 miles west of summerset looks like some guy wants to rip new yorkers off..dont believe him
Kentucky is not poor

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Feb 20, 2011
Find help in Kentucky if you are for real. In the old days in Kentucky the ones who made the BOURBON helped to pay for the orphanages, etc, and hunters and farmers and ranchers donated meat and food, etc. There is plenty of help available in Kentucky without asking New Yorkers for a hand-out.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 20, 2011
been cheated on man wrote:
im from kentucky 60 miles west of summerset looks like some guy wants to rip new yorkers off..dont believe him
Why would you suggest that? if you are from Edmonton you should know Somerset. Do you really think I put over 140 videos on youtube starting back in September so I could rip people off of a dollar in February. We are obviously a church if you watch the videos. If you watch many of the childrens videos you see these children. Now we can manage taking care of their personal needs where we are running into trouble is building a classroom big enough to hold them all. right now we have them sitting on top of tables and in the floor.

Tateville is located right below Burnside in Southern Pulaski county. Burnside has a big state park.

The zip code is 42558

Please don't misunderstand I never intended for anyone to send a significant amount of money just a dollar or two I figure if a lot of people did that it would take care of the need. Of course it would be ideal for the mothers and fathers of these kids to take care of it, but at this time they don't come to church (we are trying hard) Most are on drugs and none seem to be very involved with their children. They let perfect strangers take them home and bring them.
Kentucky is not poor

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Feb 20, 2011
If children are suffering because their parents are on drugs, then turn the drug additct parents in to children's protective services and get help for the children. The parents will have to clean up and get responsible in order to keep custody of their children.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 20, 2011
We have no proof and the local child services will not investigate on hearsay.
Kentucky is not poor

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Feb 20, 2011
One resource in your area is Kiwanis International, they are all about helping children.

Somerset Kiwanis Club
Distance: 3.88 Miles
K01683 (club ID number)
Meets at: Golden Corral
2020 S Hwy 27, Somerset, KY 42501, United States
Meeting time/day: 12:00 PM 1st & 3rd Thursday

http://sites.kiwanis.org/Kiwanis/en/Membershi...

Location hidden

#20 Feb 21, 2011
I do appreciate very much this information I am very familiar with Golden Corral in Somerset (being a big man). I was unaware though that the Kiwanis group was a charitable organization.

This was very hard for me to ask for help like this. I believe in standing on your own two feet, those of us who are trying to help just can't do it all. If it wasn't for the need for a larger facility we could handle the rest.

Several years ago Betty Jean Robinson who is famous in the Christian world, she has a tv program on TBN had a sister who attended our little church. I plan to contact her today. You never know.

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#21 Feb 21, 2011
no offense against the kids, but every 1st Saturday in May, some of the richest people in the state gather in Louisville and spend millions torturing thoroughbred race horses. Think they can do something better with their money ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 27 min Bloody Bill Anderson 15,086
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 36 min Suffolk dad 10,596
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr UN Must Go 308,015
the U.S Bisexual Dating (Jun '13) 1 hr claire grace 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Twisted Nixon 46,707
Celebrity Nude photo hack 2 hr Monaie 4
Kerry says ISIS does not offer healthcare 3 hr Historian 3
•••

New York News Video

•••
New York Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

New York Jobs

•••
•••