|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

jimi-yank wrote:
Of the three teams that we have fans in this forum, only 1 played...the metsies
they got crushed, 11-5..another superb outing by that pitching staff..losing to the powerhouse san diego padres...
But, Ike baby got a hit, he is back!!
I didn't notice until I read your post, that I didn't read the scores today.

Ah Friday.

Hey when was the last time you remember the Mets having a better record than the Sox and Yankees?

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah Friday.
Hey when was the last time you remember the Mets having a better record than the Sox and Yankees?

Thursday a travel day. Few games. I check due to fantasy. Good trivia question. Without checking I do not know. When was the last memorial day weekend the yanks and sox in the last 2 spots ?

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Detroit. Supposed to win by 12. Indians swept them. Buried under 500. Lots of surprises. Verlander not happy and said as much.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

What is going on this year? Top players (hitters & batters) having awful years, stud pitchers having awful years.....teams picked at the top of their division are at or near the bottom.......what the?

We're at the end of May.....very strange

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ah Friday.
What Jimbo forgets to tell you is the Mets gave the ball to a kid rated about 8th in the Mets organization for his first start in the bigs he also returned to the mound after an hour and 8 minute rain delay. The Mets refuse to rush the great young quality arms they have down below...they've also refused to move Gee into the 4 spot since Big Pelf went down..a very smart move to save innings on the Gees arm ....they'll take the next 3 with Gee, Johan, and the best pitcher in NY...RA Dickey

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Schilling..........

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/art...

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

MagickRat wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. The Yankees are only going to get worse with time. Too many aging players tied to big contracts. Rodriguez will be lucky if he sees 20 home runs this year the way he's been playing.
Hey stick around for awhile..it's good to have another poster in here with common sense....AROIDS BACK!!!...He hit 2 HRs off a guy who would be a #4 starter on a bad college team

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>What Jimbo forgets to tell you is the Mets gave the ball to a kid rated about 8th in the Mets organization for his first start in the bigs he also returned to the mound after an hour and 8 minute rain delay. The Mets refuse to rush the great young quality arms they have down below...they've also refused to move Gee into the 4 spot since Big Pelf went down..a very smart move to save innings on the Gees arm ....they'll take the next 3 with Gee, Johan, and the best pitcher in NY...RA Dickey
lmfao...he gave up all the runs?? fraid not fattie...when ya coming down tuff guy?? or still on probation?

mets lost. simple fact...pen gave up runs, again...

when does ike baby crack 200?? recall the bet i tossed at you, jbay will not hit 36 homers total in his ny met career..called it 2 years ago...

when do the braves go in last? didn't you predict that?? still shooting blanks??

“ObamaCare Will Doom You”

Since: Jun 09

Part Time Workers U Will Be

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

MagickRat wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. The Yankees are only going to get worse with time. Too many aging players tied to big contracts. Rodriguez will be lucky if he sees 20 home runs this year the way he's been playing.
ARod, despite the 2 HR games is now just an ordinary 3B at best. Tex is washed up and will continue to get worse. This is their middle of the order. And the payroll these guys get will restrict what the team can do to improve. CC is the only starter who I expect a QS from. And I think CC starting next season will begin to decline. Andy has been a nice story so far but anyone who knows baseball objectively knows its just a matter of time till he crumbles. Kuroda is exactly what AJ was. He can be dominant at times and other times he gets racked immediately. I have no confidence in any starter other than CC.

“Baseball is back!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

HarleyRyder wrote:
What is going on this year? Top players (hitters & batters) having awful years, stud pitchers having awful years.....teams picked at the top of their division are at or near the bottom.......what the?
We're at the end of May.....very strange

saw verlander on espn, not a happy camper..for him, its not early, and will not stand for that...

good going for him...no early bs excuse...fire them up!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stick around for awhile..it's good to have another poster in here with common sense....AROIDS BACK!!!...He hit 2 HRs off a guy who would be a #4 starter on a bad college team
I couldn't believe when I saw in the NY daily news about possibly selling the Yankees. As a fan, its no biggie if they do sell the team. May even provide a spark. 3 billion maybe? Donald Trump to buy?

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't believe when I saw in the NY daily news about possibly selling the Yankees. As a fan, its no biggie if they do sell the team. May even provide a spark. 3 billion maybe? Donald Trump to buy?
The 'For Sale' sign has been up before the dead felon was cold....the writings on the wall..they havnt spent a nickel since 'Daddy' became worm food..hell they dont even have a home for a Triple A team and they've made it perfectly clear that the players they depend on and the moronic fanbase loves..Cancer,AROID and Horseface, will be with them till the overblown contracts expire..my question is do they reach into the "will" and re-sign wittle robby and Granderhorribletrade...or as I call them Mr Clutch 1 and 1A ??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>The 'For Sale' sign has been up before the dead felon was cold....the writings on the wall..they havnt spent a nickel since 'Daddy' became worm food..hell they dont even have a home for a Triple A team and they've made it perfectly clear that the players they depend on and the moronic fanbase loves..Cancer,AROID and Horseface, will be with them till the overblown contracts expire..my question is do they reach into the "will" and re-sign wittle robby and Granderhorribletrade...or as I call them Mr Clutch 1 and 1A ??
So it may work for the Yankees benefit if they do sell the team. Cano will have to be re signed. Not so sure about Granderson.

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

I'd sign Granderhorribletrade before i'd sign Wittle Wobbie...whos' proving to everyone this year that he's a bit player that lived off Horseface and AROIDS leftovers with no pressure on him at all, Put him in the big spot and he's a big zero....Granderhorribletrade hustles, steals bases and really cares...Wittle Wobbie can give two flying F--ks

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

momma chamberlin wrote:
I'd sign Granderhorribletrade before i'd sign Wittle Wobbie...whos' proving to everyone this year that he's a bit player that lived off Horseface and AROIDS leftovers with no pressure on him at all, Put him in the big spot and he's a big zero....Granderhorribletrade hustles, steals bases and really cares...Wittle Wobbie can give two flying F--ks
Even if Cano plays a more premium position? Imagine re signing Cano and bringing in Hamilton to play CF? This can move ARod and Tex down in the order

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Here's the time when youu enter your venture and the 'do-nothing's' start in with the 'never will work' BS.
Ignore it. Gutless guys like Pauly have never had the nerve to get out and do it for themselves. After his family ran him out of NJ his parole officer got him the toilet scrubbing gig at the warehouse. He's been there for more than 20 years...brush in hand.
Of course he's bitter. Has no guts to lay it on the line. Never has. Never will. AND he knows it. Plays it safe. At the end of the day he'll sit there and wonder what he could have done if he had the guts to get up and do it. Or if he wasn't scared of Mexicans.
Try. Fail? Get up and try again. Better than living your life with spite and a toilet brush like Pauly.
You know the deal, DW. It's a jealousy thing. You can tell which ones are most affected by it. The losers. Only the failures in life have something negative to say about it. So green with envy, it makes them bitter to think that someone is making something of themselves & they're stuck wallowing away in thier pathetic, meaningless existance. It don't bother me at all. Hence the reason why I haven't posted back to Pauly or Fu in whatever proxy form they take in here. It's probably pissing them off to no end that I'm ignoring their desperate pleas for recognition. Failures in this room, just like in real life...

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>Even if Cano plays a more premium position? Imagine re signing Cano and bringing in Hamilton to play CF? This can move ARod and Tex down in the order
So you dont believe the 'Boys' really want to cut payroll??....So AROIDS making 30 Mill a year for the next what 5-6 years?? Horseface is also good for what 18 Mill minimum?? Cancer, who's afraid to retire because he'll be booed in every stadium he plays his last game in, unlike the great Chipper Jones, gets what?? 15 per until he rots away...add the cash they owe a closer who'll never pitch again....Hamilton will demand a dollar more than AROID or 10 million more then Cancer.....but we're talking about things that wont happen...Texas will re-sign him and if they dont that means he's hit the pipe again

“That's Un-Possible!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stick around for awhile..it's good to have another poster in here with common sense....AROIDS BACK!!!...He hit 2 HRs off a guy who would be a #4 starter on a bad college team
I'll second that! It's nice to someone new come in here & post stuff without the drama or the petty little "LMAO!" at the end of every inane post. Pay no attention to the drama-queens (Fu), cry-babies (Jimi), crack heads (Pauly) & other assorted low-watt personalities (Don). There's plenty of good guys left to chat with in here...

Still don't know though, Yanks or Mets?

“That's Un-Possible!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Correction : It's nice to SEE someone new in here...

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the deal, DW. It's a jealousy thing. You can tell which ones are most affected by it. The losers. Only the failures in life have something negative to say about it. So green with envy, it makes them bitter to think that someone is making something of themselves & they're stuck wallowing away in thier pathetic, meaningless existance. It don't bother me at all. Hence the reason why I haven't posted back to Pauly or Fu in whatever proxy form they take in here. It's probably pissing them off to no end that I'm ignoring their desperate pleas for recognition. Failures in this room, just like in real life...
Good post John....it starts with the one who stole this forum from TAP...and then has a trickle down effect with the rest of the losers in here

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 246,381 - 246,400 of302,121
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min Bitner 303,215
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Mothra 43,021
"NEMONT" East Bronx gentrifying 22 min Little Italy 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min Bernie_Boy 65,165
which color is more peaceful 31 min bigtool 16
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr positronium 6,290
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 13,485
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
•••
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE