Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

Posted in the New York Forum

Comments (Page 12,276)

Showing posts 245,501 - 245,520 of302,143
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Billy Ball

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250258
May 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Un,
Throughout my personal and business life I have seen first had the destruction a drug like cocaine can do to a person. One could argue the same could be said for drinking however it is a stone cold hard fact cocaine is highly addictive and MOST people are unable to enjoy cocaine in moderation without it turning into an out of control addiction. Also death from overdose is very common. Its a deadly drug.
there is no harmless drug..none of them are.there's a cost to getting high..losers will never admit it..they blame legalization issues for the crimes involved with important and distribution...essentially weak people needing drugs because their lives suck ass..and dealers willing to kill to give it to them...cowards and weaklings one and all..fuck em all and die slow...you hooked...get help..your damn family isn't your personal abuse clan...

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250259
May 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>But by keeping it illegal, you're giving power to the drug cartels. and the trickle down effect is run down neighborhoods full of street crime and prostitution. Make it legalized and take away the bad guys power
I could see that happening for marijuana, but not for coke. It's just too dangerous of a drug if not regulated. Americans are just too excessive, they wouldn't be able to handle a drug that powerful being legal & easily attainable. They can barely handle alcohol...

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250260
May 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>And thruout my entire life and beyond, I have seen and read about millions dying from various forms of cancer. Many times, people have acquired cancer because of their diet. Thats why most of the time when one gets diagnosed with cancer, they just don't know the exact cause. But the cause many times is from years of a diet made up of processed foods, etc.
Also the biggest reason why cocaine is deadly like you say is because its illegal. Its purchased on the black market. Take an 18 y/o kid. Whats easier for him to buy, a bag of blow or a 12 pack of beer? Its easier for the kid to buy the bag of blow because its not regulated. There are no alcohol cartels out there. Kids wouldn't get hooked on these drugs if it were legal and can be bought in stores if over the age of 21 like it is with alcohol
Also more people die each year from taking Tylenyol than they do with cocaine
Un,

Nonsense!!!! Cocaine is deadly because of what it does to the human body not because its illegal. Its always been way easier and MUCH cheaper to get booze over cocaine. Regulate cocaine????? Look at the pain killer epidemic in this country. You have drug addicts killing people in Pharmacys for zanax oxycotin which are regulated drugs.

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250261
May 17, 2012
 
the don wrote:
<quoted text> all those questions and the yanks still only 3 games out of first place...For the third years in a row let me repeat its early still over 120 or so to go....


great point, just pointing out stuff giradi is talking about...hitting with runners in scoring is down and a lil joe concern

but, as you pointed out, 120 games to go..these things tend to even out in the end..and yanks only 3 out with very little clutch hitting...

i put a link out earlier that chats about some yank kids in the minors, check it out.

“ObamaCare Will Doom You”

Since: Jun 09

Part Time Workers U Will Be

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250262
May 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Un,
Nonsense!!!! Cocaine is deadly because of what it does to the human body not because its illegal. Its always been way easier and MUCH cheaper to get booze over cocaine. Regulate cocaine????? Look at the pain killer epidemic in this country. You have drug addicts killing people in Pharmacys for zanax oxycotin which are regulated drugs.
Cocaine got its name from the Inca tribe in South America, thousands of years ago. They used to eat the coca leafs for many helful reasons. Coca in the Inca language means gift from god. Its bad because a war on drugs was created to jumpstart the economy as the vietnam War was winding down

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250263
May 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the don wrote:
<quoted text> think santana will win 15 this year moron....LMFAO!


best guess is around 5-7 tops. still at one. ouch!!what does that average out per win??

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250264
May 17, 2012
 
the don wrote:
<quoted text> I can see Texas or anyone else for that matter giving him a pujols type deal (with all his problems) but I can see him getting the higest annual salary in BB with a four year deal.....

4 years and an option year...around 25 mil per

long shot, 5 years and an option

“ObamaCare Will Doom You”

Since: Jun 09

Part Time Workers U Will Be

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250265
May 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
I could see that happening for marijuana, but not for coke. It's just too dangerous of a drug if not regulated. Americans are just too excessive, they wouldn't be able to handle a drug that powerful being legal & easily attainable. They can barely handle alcohol...
I disagree. Plenty of people out there still wouldn't touch the drug if it were legal. the people who want to get high will always find a way to get high. You think if cocaine were legalized, drugs like crystal meth would ever been used or created in these drug labs? Reasons why drugs are illegal have nothing to do with the dangerous effects. Thats what they want you to think though. People have been brainwashed. A ton of money is being made keeping it illegal. not to mention the generous pensions of former DEA agents, FBI people, etc won't be able to be funded if drugs were legalized
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250266
May 17, 2012
 
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Un,
Throughout my personal and business life I have seen first had the destruction a drug like cocaine can do to a person. One could argue the same could be said for drinking however it is a stone cold hard fact cocaine is highly addictive and MOST people are unable to enjoy cocaine in moderation without it turning into an out of control addiction. Also death from overdose is very common. Its a deadly drug.
No doubt Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson died that way.....good point Bronto.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250267
May 17, 2012
 
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
4 years and an option year...around 25 mil per
long shot, 5 years and an option
Lets just say if Hamilton gets over 20M per....hope the Yanks stay away from that deal big time.....

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250268
May 17, 2012
 
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
great point, just pointing out stuff giradi is talking about...hitting with runners in scoring is down and a lil joe concern
but, as you pointed out, 120 games to go..these things tend to even out in the end..and yanks only 3 out with very little clutch hitting...
i put a link out earlier that chats about some yank kids in the minors, check it out.
I am worried however with the injuries to Rivera and Robertson. The Yanks pen was clearly superior than the rest of the pack.

I see 4 components to a team.

Pitching.
Position players.
Bull Pen.
Bench.

Yanks are not performing well in 2 of those areas (pitching and position players) and need to do a heck of a lot better than they currently area.

The hacks will have plenty of days to cheer in here over the next 30 games when our thin pen blows some games now. It's still a good pen mind you, Wade, Logan and Soriano are better then most but a clear advantage we once had over the rest is now just above average at best.

Injuries are part of the game but this Yankee team as is gives me cause for concern.
the don

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250269
May 17, 2012
 
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
great point, just pointing out stuff giradi is talking about...hitting with runners in scoring is down and a lil joe concern
but, as you pointed out, 120 games to go..these things tend to even out in the end..and yanks only 3 out with very little clutch hitting...
i put a link out earlier that chats about some yank kids in the minors, check it out.
seems like the last three years or so the yankee bats/pitching is inconsistent coming out of ST..June comes and they turn it on and by the allstar game 15 or so games over .500..Not thrilled about it but who can argue the success of the team in the last three years a championship in 09 and playoff in 10 and 11...Tell me who has Won more games then the Yankees have in the last three years, Who has scored more runs then the Yankees have in the last three, Who has hit more HR's then the yankees have in the last three..Red sox averaging 5 point something runs a game and are in last place, lasst year they led the AL in runs scored as the hack DW happily points and they didn't make the playoffs and finished third...Much to much is made Risp fans hear a new stat and thats all they want to talk its BS..

Batter gets up with a man on first hits a HR is his risp improved of course not....but the teams got two runs and that could be an important hit...

Yankees will be fine....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250270
May 17, 2012
 
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am worried however with the injuries to Rivera and Robertson. The Yanks pen was clearly superior than the rest of the pack.
I see 4 components to a team.
Pitching.
Position players.
Bull Pen.
Bench.
Yanks are not performing well in 2 of those areas (pitching and position players) and need to do a heck of a lot better than they currently area.
The hacks will have plenty of days to cheer in here over the next 30 games when our thin pen blows some games now. It's still a good pen mind you, Wade, Logan and Soriano are better then most but a clear advantage we once had over the rest is now just above average at best.
Injuries are part of the game but this Yankee team as is gives me cause for concern.
I completely agree here....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250271
May 17, 2012
 
the don wrote:
<quoted text> seems like the last three years or so the yankee bats/pitching is inconsistent coming out of ST..June comes and they turn it on and by the allstar game 15 or so games over .500..Not thrilled about it but who can argue the success of the team in the last three years a championship in 09 and playoff in 10 and 11...Tell me who has Won more games then the Yankees have in the last three years, Who has scored more runs then the Yankees have in the last three, Who has hit more HR's then the yankees have in the last three..Red sox averaging 5 point something runs a game and are in last place, lasst year they led the AL in runs scored as the hack DW happily points and they didn't make the playoffs and finished third...Much to much is made Risp fans hear a new stat and thats all they want to talk its BS..
Batter gets up with a man on first hits a HR is his risp improved of course not....but the teams got two runs and that could be an important hit...
Yankees will be fine....
Yup that's been the case no doubt Donnie.....problem with this year's team is the injuries....and they are piling up.....needless to say loss the best closer of all-time for the year....I know the Yanks are only 3.5 GB....they've also been fortunate Tampa isn't running away with the great SP they have.....don't know if the O's will be hanging around all year....hitting and pen of theirs is there.....just not too sure of their SP....Yanks need to turn it around.....and the sooner the better.....
the don

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250272
May 17, 2012
 
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am worried however with the injuries to Rivera and Robertson. The Yanks pen was clearly superior than the rest of the pack.
I see 4 components to a team.
Pitching.
Position players.
Bull Pen.
Bench.
Yanks are not performing well in 2 of those areas (pitching and position players) and need to do a heck of a lot better than they currently area.
The hacks will have plenty of days to cheer in here over the next 30 games when our thin pen blows some games now. It's still a good pen mind you, Wade, Logan and Soriano are better then most but a clear advantage we once had over the rest is now just above average at best.
Injuries are part of the game but this Yankee team as is gives me cause for concern.
I do share youre concern with the Bull pen in particular with Mo being lost for the season and now Roberson out for a ouple of weeks...Mo can't be replaced so we have to move on with soriano and hope he's up for the task...We need Roberson to get back as soon as possible...Let the Hacks take the shots they want Red sox at best a third place team in the ALE and the mets will be lucky to win 75 games this year....
Go yankees..
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250273
May 17, 2012
 
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am worried however with the injuries to Rivera and Robertson. The Yanks pen was clearly superior than the rest of the pack.
I see 4 components to a team.
Pitching.
Position players.
Bull Pen.
Bench.
Yanks are not performing well in 2 of those areas (pitching and position players) and need to do a heck of a lot better than they currently area.
The hacks will have plenty of days to cheer in here over the next 30 games when our thin pen blows some games now. It's still a good pen mind you, Wade, Logan and Soriano are better then most but a clear advantage we once had over the rest is now just above average at best.
Injuries are part of the game but this Yankee team as is gives me cause for concern.
I can see why youre concerned. I never bought the hype on the Yankees starters this season. You can talk ERA but the telling stat is WHIP when that hits about 1.4 major alarm bells ring 1.5 or above is crap; that pitcher is gonna pitch himself into trouble and tax the pen. Go look up the Yanks numbers.

As far as the hitting is concerned I think hoping for the best is all you can do. Waiting for the long ball is never a good game plan.

Bull pen? Another hope for the best.

Bench? Well no farm no bench. Aging role players will sit as often as they bring in the big hit.

AL East is wide open.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250274
May 17, 2012
 
the don wrote:
<quoted text> I do share youre concern with the Bull pen in particular with Mo being lost for the season and now Roberson out for a ouple of weeks...Mo can't be replaced so we have to move on with soriano and hope he's up for the task...We need Roberson to get back as soon as possible...Let the Hacks take the shots they want Red sox at best a third place team in the ALE and the mets will be lucky to win 75 games this year....
Go yankees..
Reality is the Yanks are closer to last place than they are to first and whatever injuries you have on guys who can come back this season isn't gonna help the fact the Yankees have no front order after CC.

Gardner is not gonna help the offence. Cervelli is not gonna knock Stewy off the team never mind that dead bat Martin.

Cashman gonna dig deep and trade away his AAA pitching which is the only semi-valuable asset they have? No.

The cavalry isn't coming over the hill. Yanks gotta make due with what they got. And what they got ain't all that good.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250275
May 17, 2012
 
So Kuroda gets shelled and Buch keeps pace with Hellickson. Loses onna balk.

Sox front liners stabilize on this turn, backend has been consistant. Pen has stabilized; burning Albers and Padilla for their eventual replacements.

Bard Bailey ...Melancon has been flawless at PAW. Mortenson flawless in Boston sent down in the numbers game.

Dice-K gets to take his time. Time is on their side ...for now.

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250276
May 17, 2012
 
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is the Yanks are closer to last place than they are to first and whatever injuries you have on guys who can come back this season isn't gonna help the fact the Yankees have no front order after CC.
Gardner is not gonna help the offence. Cervelli is not gonna knock Stewy off the team never mind that dead bat Martin.
Cashman gonna dig deep and trade away his AAA pitching which is the only semi-valuable asset they have? No.
The cavalry isn't coming over the hill. Yanks gotta make due with what they got. And what they got ain't all that good.
Yanks are showing their age & with a spent farm & the desire to reduce payroll in the coming years, I don't see what cavalry they even have to speak of. Quite frankly, I see them getting worse rather than better in the next few seasons. Even if they don't trade away their future for the now, the future isn't looking to bright anyway.

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250277
May 17, 2012
 
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
So Kuroda gets shelled and Buch keeps pace with Hellickson. Loses onna balk.
Sox front liners stabilize on this turn, backend has been consistant. Pen has stabilized; burning Albers and Padilla for their eventual replacements.
Bard Bailey ...Melancon has been flawless at PAW. Mortenson flawless in Boston sent down in the numbers game.
Dice-K gets to take his time. Time is on their side ...for now.
Did you see the two bombs Encarnacion & Bautista launched off of Kuroda? Damn! Encarnacion to dead center & well outta there, Bautista with an upper deck shot that went from bat to stands in about a second & a half. They're lucky they play in an indoor stadium...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 245,501 - 245,520 of302,143
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,193
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Blonde coed 43,034
Thin cereal boxes 19 min Consumer green 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min Bitner 303,277
paul ryan’s republican budget 21 min nac 15
Knicks talk back (Dec '06) 47 min HarleyRyder 6,291
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Poor for ever 6,192
•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
•••
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••