Islanders call up Kyle Okposo; debut Tuesday

Full story: Newsday 46
The wait is over. Kyle Okposo, the most anticipated prospect drafted by the Islanders since Rick DiPietro , has been called up from Bridgeport to make his NHL debut against Toronto Tuesday night at the ... Full Story

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#22 Mar 17, 2008
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>What a freaking loser you are to spend your time trolling the internet for articles about the Isles so you can ridicule them. Pathetic.
Embarassing, ain't it ? Lumpy's gonna be on the edge of his seat tomorrow night !
BRYAN

Butler, NJ

#23 Mar 17, 2008
I HOPE WE WIN A CUP BEFORE I DIE...AND IM ONLY 21
aaa

Plainview, NY

#24 Mar 17, 2008
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>Selective reading I guess. 24 POINTS IN 29 GAMES. For those of you who don't know, this is a good thing in hockey. He has either scored a goal or assisted on a goal in almost everyone of his games. If you can find something bad in that you know nothing about hockey.
21 assists means you have to have someone to put the puck in the net once you pass it to them genius. Who is going to do that on this team?
aaa

Plainview, NY

#26 Mar 17, 2008
Bender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, a sex with someone's mother joke...that's just beyond pitiful. Are you in 3rd grade or is that just where your mental capacity stayed? Seriously, get a life (and better taunts).
That's the average age of ranger fans. They make mom jokes and think it's an insult lol.

“Let's go Islanders!”

Since: Nov 07

Huntington, NY

#27 Mar 17, 2008
aaa wrote:
8 goals in 29 games, and this is what is going to save the franchise? Granted, this is his first AHL year, but still, come on.
And he's a better playmaker than finisher? Who is going to finish his plays? Andy Hilbert or Richard Park? We all know Comrie and his $4 million contract won't go near the puck if there's a chance of his hair getting ruined. But maybe we'll see some finishing if KO makes some of his plays in a game that Satan decides to show up to.
Tambellini is a leading AHL scorer and has 2 NHL points

Blake Comeau has more NHL points this year than he does AHL points...with more games in the AHL

Playmaking skills = confidence with the puck

The finishing skills will come with experience if he doesn't display them immediately. The fact that he's got the confidence to move the puck and get teammates involved says something. Esp. since he'll be one of the more physical players on the team. Every power forward on the team now has rocks for hands.
aaa

Plainview, NY

#28 Mar 17, 2008
Mooooooose wrote:
<quoted text>
Tambellini is a leading AHL scorer and has 2 NHL points
Blake Comeau has more NHL points this year than he does AHL points...with more games in the AHL
Playmaking skills = confidence with the puck
The finishing skills will come with experience if he doesn't display them immediately. The fact that he's got the confidence to move the puck and get teammates involved says something. Esp. since he'll be one of the more physical players on the team. Every power forward on the team now has rocks for hands.
A player (tambellini)scoring at the AHL level does not mean they will score at the NHL level. The jump from one league to the other is huge. Tambellini hasn't shown me anything at the NHL level and the fans are so high on him simply because of his last name but luckily Nolan is the coach, not the fans. Comeau has played well, but he is not top 2 line material. Bergenheim is the only guy who on a decent team would come anywhere close to their secod line.
TMC

Southampton, NY

#29 Mar 17, 2008
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott, you were an imbecile on these boards to begin with. Now you've taken on more of the bad habits that you criticize others for. Either get a life or go away.
You ought to take some of your own advice
Rob

Pittsburgh, PA

#30 Mar 17, 2008
aaa wrote:
<quoted text>
A player (tambellini)scoring at the AHL level does not mean they will score at the NHL level. The jump from one league to the other is huge. Tambellini hasn't shown me anything at the NHL level and the fans are so high on him simply because of his last name but luckily Nolan is the coach, not the fans. Comeau has played well, but he is not top 2 line material. Bergenheim is the only guy who on a decent team would come anywhere close to their secod line.
On occasion, this works the opposite way... a player fits in better with NHL talent than with minor leaguers and actually has a significant increase in scoring. It's much more rare but it does happen.

I'm not saying that this will or won't be the case with KO. This team will be helped next year by the return/addition of Jon Sim but he's no saviour either. They might be able to show huge improvement by adding just one top quality scorer.

The team is not going to be a cup winner over night. Trying to do that is what got them in their current trouble. If they were patient and built a team the way you should then they'd be awash with top talent right now. I think we need to throw away the bad memories of the past decade and give the new regime a chance to move in the right direction. Several have pointed out that Garth was already handicapped when he took that job... and that's true. Let's see how he does this Summer.
RRL

Huntington Station, NY

#31 Mar 17, 2008
I think everyone would like to see more production from Tambellini based on the numbers he puts up with Bridgeport. However, I am glad they got rid of Simon to make room for Tambellini. He's not scoring a lot, but there were a lot of games Nolan underplayed the kid line even though they were the best line out there for those games. There were some games were the Islanders were just getting pummeled and the only time the puck was deep in the offensive zone was when the kid line was out there.

Although, I think Tambellini has more going for him than just his last name, I do think Comeau and Bergenheim are better.

In any case, I think it would be wise of Nolan to put Tambellini and Comeau back together.
Kyle is a Pile

Oyster Bay, NY

#32 Mar 17, 2008
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>What a freaking loser you are to spend your time trolling the internet for articles about the Isles so you can ridicule them. Pathetic.
Yes you are, Pathtic, little sissy boy. I see your spouting off BS again.
He knows because he plays real hockey ! In a beer league with a bunch of ankle benders. He once scored seven goals ! But that was before the goalie got on the ice before warm ups.
Oh BTW BOY BLUNDER, your responce was to AA, a Piles fan. J/O
Kyle is a Pile

Oyster Bay, NY

#33 Mar 17, 2008
Bender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, a sex with someone's mother joke...that's just beyond pitiful. Are you in 3rd grade or is that just where your mental capacity stayed? Seriously, get a life (and better taunts).
Good comeback, Potsie.

“Let's go Islanders!”

Since: Nov 07

Huntington, NY

#34 Mar 17, 2008
aaa wrote:
<quoted text>
A player (tambellini)scoring at the AHL level does not mean they will score at the NHL level. The jump from one league to the other is huge. Tambellini hasn't shown me anything at the NHL level and the fans are so high on him simply because of his last name but luckily Nolan is the coach, not the fans. Comeau has played well, but he is not top 2 line material. Bergenheim is the only guy who on a decent team would come anywhere close to their secod line.
My point is...no one thought tambellini would be so ineffective and no one thought Comeau would be as effective as he's been based on thier AHL numbers.

I know that right now, Oak's AHL numbers are all we have coupled with the skepticism stemming from Tamby's NHL performance. Give him a break for now...I would say give him an offseason, a training camp and a preseason and he should perform. These next 9 games may be an indicator but I don't expect him to do anything. They're not bringing him up because they think he can help the team turn in the right direction...they're doing it because they have nothing to lose.

They dont care if bridgeport wins anything and Okposo doesnt lose any contract term by playing these 9 games...hell, it doesnt even count towards his rookie year. They just want him to take in the speed of the game.
aaa

Plainview, NY

#35 Mar 17, 2008
Kyle is a Pile wrote:
Oh BTW BOY BLUNDER, your responce was to AA, a Piles fan. J/O
Can anyone translate what this sentence means? Oh wait, I'm sure it's something about islander fans' mothers lol.
4 the record

Neptune, NJ

#36 Mar 17, 2008
AAA...Comeau is 21 years old. Hes a baby. Tsn has him as a future top 6 forward(2nd liner) and I agree. The kid is feisty he is only going to get better. He will be a 2nd line player. I really like this kid as well as bergenheim. Both will be 2nd line players which the islanders do not have many of right now.
Kyle is a Pile

Oyster Bay, NY

#37 Mar 17, 2008
aaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone translate what this sentence means? Oh wait, I'm sure it's something about islander fans' mothers lol.
Boy AA, you really are stupid>
Let me explain. He was making fun of you, and I said you were a Piles fan>
Get with it or get tf out.DUMBAZZ.
Actually, you and scott the sissy boy would make a nice couple. He is a real hockey player also. HAHAHA
Future looks bright

Nokesville, VA

#38 Mar 17, 2008
they do have some good young players and prospects, Rhett R in Denver, R. Figren, Jesse Joseneu, Bergenheim, Tambellini, Comeau and KO. They are going to lead this team up the ladder in 3 years. Just in time for the new improved Coliseum. The Isles will be back on top. We have to be a little more patient though, which is painful but it will pay off. This is also a deep draft, more than likely the 5th or 6th overall pick, 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders.
Kyle is a Pile

Oyster Bay, NY

#39 Mar 17, 2008
BRYAN wrote:
I HOPE WE WIN A CUP BEFORE I DIE...AND IM ONLY 21
Well kid, you'll be 34 when RICKYPOOP is gone, so you have a shot. That will be 40 yrs almost since last cup.
aaa

Plainview, NY

#40 Mar 17, 2008
Mooooooose wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is...no one thought tambellini would be so ineffective and no one thought Comeau would be as effective as he's been based on thier AHL numbers.
I know that right now, Oak's AHL numbers are all we have coupled with the skepticism stemming from Tamby's NHL performance. Give him a break for now...I would say give him an offseason, a training camp and a preseason and he should perform. These next 9 games may be an indicator but I don't expect him to do anything. They're not bringing him up because they think he can help the team turn in the right direction...they're doing it because they have nothing to lose.
They dont care if bridgeport wins anything and Okposo doesnt lose any contract term by playing these 9 games...hell, it doesnt even count towards his rookie year. They just want him to take in the speed of the game.
I completely agree there's nothing to lose. I'm not even knocking KO. I'm knocking the fans that think he is going to be some kind of savior, the same way they all thought that giving Tambellini more playing time would save the season. But I agree with you that giving him a taste of how fast the NHL moves might be good for these last 9 games as long as no one puts any pressure on him to score goals while playing with hilbert.
aaa

Plainview, NY

#41 Mar 17, 2008
Kyle is a Pile wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy AA, you really are stupid>
Let me explain. He was making fun of you, and I said you were a Piles fan>
Get with it or get tf out.DUMBAZZ.
Actually, you and scott the sissy boy would make a nice couple. He is a real hockey player also. HAHAHA
Perhaps when you are trying to have a conversation with adults you should stop substituting the "Z" key for the "S" key, or abbreviating the work "jerk off" with "J/O", or you know, making fun of a person by saying they wear depends diapers or calling them "rickypoop." Of course your mother insults are priceless and they deeply offend anyone they are directed towards lol. I know it's hard to switch back and forth between the language you use to text message your other 12 year old friends and hockey talk on a forum, but give it a shot.
Wolf

United States

#42 Mar 17, 2008
PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE......
This franchise will be great again. Give Garth a chance.
Root for the team. Quit crying....
THE ISLES WILL BE BACK ON TOP!!!!!!
Its going to take some time but it will happen. The answer is patience....and don't give up on the team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 48 min Todds World 226
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr Pat-Med 88 11,752
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 306,599
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr yes 16,304
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 48,587
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr The Man 310,539
TSA seizes weapons day before Thanksgiving 5 hr Why Are You Here 2

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New York

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:03 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:03PM
Breaking Down NY's Game Plan vs. Jacksonville
NBC Sports 4:13 AM
Muhammad Wilkerson likely to miss Week 13
CBS Sports 7:11 AM
Jets name Geno Smith starter
NBC Sports 7:16 AM
Odell Beckham gives all the love to the glove
NBC Sports 7:16 AM
Odell Beckham gives all the love to the glove