Police: Nicaraguan Girl Killed American

May 30, 2007 | Posted by: The Associated Press | Full story: The Associated Press

A pregnant Nicaraguan teenager allegedly shot her 53-year-old American lover and enlisted her siblings to help dismember the body, police said Tuesday.

The 17-year-old girl, who is eight months pregnant, told human rights officials in Esteli that she shot her live-in boyfriend, Kenneth A. Kinzel, on May 12 because he threatened to kill her, said Lt. Abel Herrera.

The girl said her 14-year-old sister and 19-year-old brother helped her cut up the body to put the pieces in plastic bags. They then drove outside the city and buried the bags in two different places in northern Nicaragua, Herrera said. Read more

Comments
1 - 20 of 165 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
TONY NOWICKI

Ciudad De Panamá, Panama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2007

Judged:

GOD, THESE PEOPLE ARE REALLY SAVAGE, I HOPE HE WAS DEAD BEFORE THEY DISMEMBERED HIM. LEMON WAS A REAL NICE PERSON. TRYING TO PUT UP A BUSINESS IN GRANADA. I´M GLAD I LEFT NICARAGUA FOR PANAMA. NICARAGUA AND COSTA RICA ARE VERY DANGEROUS. BE AFRAID BE VERY AFRAID. GET OUT WHILE THE GETTIN IS GOOD. FREE ERIC VOLZ
Chelsea Lawson

Dundee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

These people are nuts just nuts can you belive thesse people killing other people CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!
Chelsea Lawson

Dundee, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

ok ok people are like so savage the kill the hurt i'm so sad CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!
Tarcila Herrera

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

Everyone acts so surprised and says that these people are savages. But it's not only these people. All people are savages. It's human nature. People are killed, dimembered, and even worse all over the globe. It doesn't make it right, but it's not like it's not happening anywhere else. This is the world in which we live in. Open your eyes. All places in the world are dangerous. Just that some are better at hiding it.
TONY

Ciudad De Panamá, Panama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

TARCILA, NICARAGUA PRIDES ITSELF ON BEING THE SAFEST COUNTRY IN CENTRAL AMERICA. MAYBE THEIR NOT GOOD AT HIDING IT ANYMORE. SINCE THEY CONVICTED A INNOCENT MAN (ERIC VOLZ) OF MURDER IN RIVAS IN FEB. ALTHOUGH WHEN I LIVED THEIR I WOULD HATE TO GO TO MANAGUA ESPICALLY NEVER AT NIGHT. LIKE I SAID LEMON WAS A FRIEND AND A VERY NICE PERSON, WHO WOULD NEVER HARM ANYONE
Jer

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2007

Judged:

I was in Nicaragua for a couple of weeks and I found it to be over all friendly people but every country has it's problem's no country is totaly safe that is for sure I bet that more people are killed daily in the USA than Nicaragua. and what is a 50 something man doing with an 18 year old girl!!! he was old enough to be her Grandpa! to concluded as Herrera says It's human nature! and it is who you run into that makes you judge a country and how you make the setuation out of it!
tucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2007

Judged:

lemon was a great lady always had a smile and lived a block from me. she loved nicaragua as i do but it is a poor country with a few bad people and many good people needless to say that i always carry a hand gun there but i carry one also in the good ole usa.
Jer

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2007

Judged:

not to be mean or anything but if you think having a gun is being save that is why I think people kill people cause if you have a gun and some one else does both are thinking who can kill who first! but I will say I was in Nicaragua and I loved it I was mainly in granada. and I loved the people and the food! and I did not see guns unless itwas at the banks that where heavily garded!
tucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2007

Judged:

granada is where i live-nicaragua has less homicides in the americas with the exception of canada-i think that one of the reason for this is because nicaragua has tough handgun laws-you can only get a permit for each gun-you have to see a psychologist,medical doctor,interview with local police chief, no criminal records, etc.-i lived a block from lemon-i think i knew the gangbangers who broke into her house and raped her-they know i have a gun-they leave me alone-her house had been broken into before-i told her to get some concertina wire on the back wall-she said she didn't want to live in a compound-most of the people in the neighborhood are good people
TONY

Ciudad De Panamá, Panama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

Judged:

TUCKER, SHAME ABOUT LEMON. NICE PERSON. NICARAGUA IS GETTING MORE DANGEROUS. HAVE YOU SEEN ITALIAN JOHN LATELY. HOW´S YOUR LITTLE DOG
tucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2007

Judged:

my little dog is fine-talked to johnwayne about lemon by telephone last saturday-i'm back in the states for awhile-we sure miss your medical knowledge in nicaragua-for some reason you don't hear much about lemon's death-bad for tourism-i guess-take care
Erik

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2007

Judged:

I'm married to Lemon's daughter, and believe me their will be press about this, we're seeing to that. Their is a growing anti-american sentiment in Nicaragua, and that is according to the U.S. Embassy in Managua. As far as I'm concerned, as well as my wife, this was a premeditated hate crime.
Muna Shabo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2007

Judged:

Sorry this man was killed, but what he was doing with a 17 years old? Every day there is killing in the USA, gang in LA they just shoot innocent people for the fun of shooting, but this does not make all the American Savage!!!!!!!!!!
TONY

Ciudad De Panamá, Panama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

Judged:

ya muna, probably a bunch of illegals IN LA FROM THE M 13 GANG THAT SHOOT PEOPLE FOR THE FUN OF IT. I LIVED IN NICARAGUA FOR 3 YEARS, THEIR ARE A LOT OF NICAS LIVING WITH 17 YEAR OLD GIRLFRIENDS
tucker

Salem, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

erik-my email adress is ttexas@earthlink.net-i would like to correspond with you more about your mother-in-law-lemon-we were both from oregon
Jer

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Judged:

I don't know much about Nicaragua law but I was wondering if there is a point where the government there says that this is wrong?? that we should not allow or youg girls be with these older men?? I know it is not good to hear about people being killed buy there supposed lover's. I am just thinking was she being used?? or abused at all? and from what I hear there is two faces to this country! the east side you stay away from if you are a tourist and the west coast is the side to see and from my understanding you stay out of the capitol too but I was there for a week and I found nothing but friendly people! and if anyone know the part owner of Hotell Seville in Granada I beleive he is from Boston ? tell him Sorry about the broken bed! and thanks for the hospitality ! in the last week of July 06
tucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2007

Judged:

nicaragua has laws just like the rest of the world and the same as the usa about statutory rape with minors under the age of 18-that being said and having married and divorced an 18 year old cubana and with a 20 year old girl friend presently in nicaragua-i'm 64-many young chicas like older men and it is not a taboo like it is in the states-this 17 year old girl who cut up her 54 year old boyfriend had told him she was a 21 year old student and since they met in dec-she was not pregnant by him-when i'm in nicaragua and go with a nica-i always check their cedula(nat'l ID card)-nicaragua is my 2nd home and i love it and the people
tucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2007

Judged:

more about the lemon groves murder in granada-go to http://www.kxl.com/ArDisplay.aspx...

Since: May 07

Lemoore, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2007

Judged:

It is common for younger women to marry older men out there, but age is not the issue. You can't compare the laws of Nicaragua to the US'. They are not even close. The thing is that neither is better than the other. If you think that's its harder to get a gun in Nica than the US, your wrong. Mabey legally it's different, but we all know that there is always someone ready to get one for you at the right price. Where some laws excel others fail. It's part of every government. I went to Nicaragua back in 1990 and spent 30 days there, I got a taste of that anti-ameican attitude. People are friendly as long as you don't piss them off. But that's anywhere. I just don't like to hear people talk about Nicaragua like it's this horrible place that is out of control. Has anyone seen the riots and protests out here, they could get out of control too.
TONY

Ciudad De Panamá, Panama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2007

Judged:

IT MAY NOT BE A HORRIBLE PLACE OUT OF CONTROL, BUT IT IS VERY EASY TO BRIBE AN OFFICIAL. DID YOU NOTICE THE POVERTY WHEN YOU WERE THEIR FOR 30 DAYS. MAYBE SOME BRIBERY EXIST IS USA, BUT IT IS OUT OF CONTROL IN NICARAGUA. EVERYONE HAS A HAND OUT, YOU WERE THEIR AFTER THE CONTRA -SANDISTA WAR, YES ANTI-AMERICANISM. NOW THEY GET PISSED IF YOU GIVE THEM NO MONEY , VERY PISSED, SWEARING YELLING PISSED.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Managua, Nicaragua Discussions

Search the Managua, Nicaragua Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Today is Saturday, July 19, the 200th day of 2014 Jul 20 Carl Hardy 1
Los ninos la cucaracha tueres loco Jul 10 Michelle Obama 1
Los ninos adoptcion africano americanos Jul 10 Michelle Obama 1
Suspect in NY slayings arrested in Nicaragua Mar '14 Faith 2
What would it cost YOU to live in Nicaragua? (Dec '13) Feb '14 hi there 2
Nicaraguan lawmakers reform constitution, allow... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Danny Bones 6
Inside the Ring: Russia boosts Cuba ties (Aug '13) Oct '13 Hot Rod 1,289
•••
•••