5 Places to Retire for Under $500 per Month

Apr 12, 2011 Full story: US News & World Report 19

Housing is likely to be one of your biggest retirement expenses. One way to approach your search for the ideal overseas retirement haven is to focus on retire-overseas choices where housing is cheap.

Full Story
Crocman

River Grove, IL

#2 Apr 14, 2011
Expats and non-Thai would be better off if they not consider Thailand for retirement.
THai people are xenophobic.
Thai worship Monkey King.
Thailand the land of thieves.
Lots of cheap liar prostitutes for low budget sex tourists.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 22, 2011
Crocman wrote:
Expats and non-Thai would be better off if they not consider Thailand for retirement.
THai people are xenophobic.
Thai worship Monkey King.
Thailand the land of thieves.
Lots of cheap liar prostitutes for low budget sex tourists.
22Apr11.....Thailand is far, far superior to the other surrounding countries for retirement.

Ps: Especially Cambodia where poverty and misery abounds.
Even Vietnamese know they have it better off than Cambodians.
Cambodia is the land of the lost.

Thailand Forever.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Crocman

United States

#4 Apr 22, 2011
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>22Apr11.....Thailand is far, far superior to the other surrounding countries for retirement.
Ps: Especially Cambodia where poverty and misery abounds.
Even Vietnamese know they have it better off than Cambodians.
Cambodia is the land of the lost.
Thailand Forever.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
No, but Thailand is the land of the queer Catholic sex tourists which is why you are there!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 22, 2011
Crocman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but Thailand is the land of the queer Catholic sex tourists which is why you are there!
22Apr11.....but, but, but you said before that BobLoblah did NOT believe in God.

Which is it!!!!!

Ps: What God besides money and hatred do you believe in???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Crocman

United States

#6 Apr 25, 2011
Do not even consider retiring to Thailand it is far too dangerous because;
#1. Thailand people are xenophobic.
#2. Thai people have no morals.

They will rob and murder you for small money!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#7 Apr 25, 2011
Crocman wrote:
Do not even consider retiring to Thailand it is far too dangerous because;
#1. Thailand people are xenophobic.
#2. Thai people have no morals.
They will rob and murder you for small money!
25Apr11......No morals!!!!!!!!!!You hypoctite.

This coming from such a despicable character as crocMan who is one of the most filty-minded, foul-mouthed to be found within TOPIX.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Kailua steve

Waipahu, HI

#8 Apr 30, 2011
You are what you bring to the party. If you're a person that believes everyone around you is a thief and a liar , that's what you'll find.
Paki Suzy

UK

#9 May 20, 2011
Try southall in West London England.Little India
Paki Suzy

UK

#10 May 20, 2011
Everything is cheap and fake
Crocman

Naperville, IL

#11 May 21, 2011
Paki Suzy wrote:
Everything is cheap and fake
Thank you!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#12 Jun 12, 2011
Paki Suzy wrote:
Everything is cheap and fake
12Jun11....It takes one to know one. Yes.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“I love the liberty of speech”

Since: May 11

Bangkok

#14 Jun 21, 2011
Crocman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but Thailand is the land of the queer Catholic sex tourists which is why you are there!
Touche! Ouuuu, that hurts
55555555555
Thu

Thailand

#15 Aug 31, 2011
"No, but Thailand is the land of the queer Catholic sex tourists which is why you are there!"

Thanks for reveal yourself Crocman 555!!. Because all of them come from your moralized country C'mon look back at yourself first.
Ungrateful_Chine se_ Dog

Songkhla, Thailand

#16 Sep 1, 2011
Thailand is not a cheap place to retired if one is scammed by their peoples.
It definitely cost a lot more then what you would had spend your money in your home country if one is not mindful.
Foreigner's always the loser in whatever deal or contract and nobody in Thailand will help foreigner's.
It is best to have enough information before deciding to retired in Thailand.
ex-nica

Manchester, IA

#17 Sep 7, 2011
in comparison-for intelligent ex-pats that is- Thailand offers more in a single hour than Nicaragua could offer in a lifetime. As a past resident of both nations, living and working exclusively with the local people of both of these countries, I can only say that the difference is, as always, the culture. This is my point. One simply cannot compare the two as they are distinctly different based upon the values that each RELIGION and COMMUNITY invest in it's citizens. Being one that does not invest much import to organized religion of any flavor i must then learn to live with those who do. While i do not profess to be buddhist i find that even through it's own hipocracy there lies a code of conduct... even amongst the rotten thieves to be found in asia as elsewhere.
The difference .to me anyway, is that Nicaragua is steeped in the Christian/Catholic dogme to the point of failure. It's interesting to me thatregardless of country that i am in the "GOD" nations seem to be simply the least without genuine value for others or life in general.. the U.S. being the utmost example. That said, Nicaragua continues to value NOTHING above $ and material possessions.
Many will attack me for saying this but stealing for a cheap cell phone is the same as stealing a fortune 500 company, Thais included. However, killing for thrill and stealing for is different. Having been mugged in these two countries several times i must say there is an inherent difference. The difference is values. I never felt really at harm in Asia even in the rough times whereas in Nicaragua the animosity was too intense.
If you choose to be a Gringo or Farang... choose well. I'll take a buddhist piece of shit over the average Nica any old day... from MY experience. If you move to another country with a different culture be careful. My advice-i know it wasn't asked for!- is choose one with a culture harmoniuos with yours. One that believes in life after death may prove to be a smart move. If i can simply walk into a building and get forgiveness for my misdeeds and repeat them tomorrow.. why not do as i want? If you forget the dead and can live in secrecy to do anything you wish as long as you're not caught, what do you think people will do? If you live amongst the ghosts of your ancestors each and every day and are accountable for your life choices you just might think more clearly and do the right thing.
Thailand or Nicaragua? A thousand times over.. Thailand. Even if it pisses me off sometimes! And it's not so completely boring in terms of music and art!
ex-nica

Manchester, IA

#18 Sep 7, 2011
oh yeah, for all the coke freaks out there... forget Thailand. You'll LOVE Nicaragua!!!
domabro

London, UK

#19 Mar 11, 2013
i lived in Thailand for some time, a few miles upriver from Chiang Mai.Despite my predilection for the scuzziest roadside bars and non farang areas,I have never had even a hint of trouble there. I found that if one is considered to have jai dee (a good heart), respect Thai culture and try ones best to speak a bit of Thai you're at worst considered a curiosity, and more usually treated with a generosity and kindness unheard of in Western cities. Crocman! I guess you could say Thai people are xenophobic - they would say they're just proud of their homeland, sure there's some crime and they respect their Head of State.Big deal. Nothing like yanks eh? crocfool.
MyThai

Bangkok, Thailand

#20 Mar 11, 2013
domabro wrote:
i lived in Thailand for some time, a few miles upriver from Chiang Mai.Despite my predilection for the scuzziest roadside bars and non farang areas,I have never had even a hint of trouble there. I found that if one is considered to have jai dee (a good heart), respect Thai culture and try ones best to speak a bit of Thai you're at worst considered a curiosity, and more usually treated with a generosity and kindness unheard of in Western cities. Crocman! I guess you could say Thai people are xenophobic - they would say they're just proud of their homeland, sure there's some crime and they respect their Head of State.Big deal. Nothing like yanks eh? crocfool.
Crocman hates my country bec he got fool many times and that's bec he asked for it. Maybe he went to the wrong side hmmm
Gluai Khai

Sandusky, OH

#21 Mar 21, 2013
Crocman is an idiot. His anti-Thai drivel is posted throughout these forums. We've seen this before from worthless lizards like him. Pay no attention to this twit, Thailand is a great place to live. Croc-of-shit-man just got burned because he chose to live in a red light district like the other cheap charlie scum who hang out in Pattaya/Patong... and thought he was a king.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leon, Nicaragua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salsa on the Square Oct '14 Daisy 2
Ap Photos: Editor selections from Latin America (Feb '14) Feb '14 Brainiac of Beaco... 1
Collecting Hotel-Sized Shampoo For Nicaragua's ... (Sep '11) Oct '11 Sue7 12
earthquake (Jan '11) Jan '11 WANDA HARRIS 1
Project Gettysburg-Leon working to aid Nicaraguans (Sep '10) Oct '10 Formerly of Ltown 8
Will "Survivor" Help or Hurt Nicaragua? (Sep '10) Sep '10 playarocadave 1
Would you rather learn Spanish in a city/villag... Jul '10 playarocadave 0
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:39 pm PST