Marian Gaborik faces decision on hip surgery that could end season

Full story: TwinCities.com

Marian Gaborik has a hip deficiency that is causing his groin problems and is contemplating surgery that would all but end his season, and perhaps his tenure with the Minnesota Wild.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Steve

Sparta, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

2

The sad part about all of this is that the Wild are now stuck holding the bag, virtually assuring them that they will get nothing in return for Gaborik after this season. The excuse-makers will say that the Wild was in a box regarding Gaborik's situation and that it is all Gaborik's fault. No, the real issue is that Wild management did not address this situation last year, when there were clear warning signs that Gaborik had no interest in re-signing with the team. A pro-active GM would have dealt him in the off-season and never would have left it come to this... This team has a very bleak future based on where they stand right now, which has to be very disappointing to a very loyal fan base...... They had one ace in their hand, bluffed and is now in a very bad situation.
hdog

Belle Plaine, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Thankfully we're rid of this dog after this season. Another zillion dollar athlete who is constantly hurt and therefore a waste of good salary money.
one has to wonder

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

about some of the GM's decisions. Now it looks like we'll lose our best player, get nothing for him, and have a bad season with little help from young talent. One of these is understandable, I guess, but all of them at once?
All the Answers

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 1, 2009
 
All this from a game of Hacky Sack.
Jacques Lemaire

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Sissy girl...
are_you_serious

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 1, 2009
 
Do you think MaryAnn is regretting not signing that Wild offer for 8 mill.... oops.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

3

look for a silver lining. Even though we don't get anything for him, we free up his 7 or 8 million dollars to get two decent players, or one good free agent. I know Mikko Koivu's brother is a free agent with the Montreal Canadiens at the end of the season. The big problem with this team is that it has very few offensive players and the NHL is now becoming an offensive league again. Plus, they have a coach who's big on defense, not offense.

Since: Dec 08

Lakeville Area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

Who needs Gabby when we have Owen Nolan providing the offense for the WILD.
slap shot

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 1, 2009
 
are_you_serious wrote:
Do you think MaryAnn is regretting not signing that Wild offer for 8 mill.... oops.
OOOOOOOOOoooooooyeah.
DizzyOne

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The article mentioned "ending his season", When did it start?
The sissy hasn't played a season in years.
eastside

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

All those that refer to the 'sissy' or 'Maryann', do you think he really wanted to get hurt? It's too bad his time here ends likes this, if it has. He is the BEST player ever to wear a Wild jersey, bar none. His talent will be missed.
DizzyOne

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

eastside wrote:
All those that refer to the 'sissy' or 'Maryann', do you think he really wanted to get hurt? It's too bad his time here ends likes this, if it has. He is the BEST player ever to wear a Wild jersey, bar none. His talent will be missed.
This guy has had a "pulled groin" for the past 2 years. Only guy on the team with the problem. Out of playing shape? When you get paid millions to play a kids game, you need to stay in top shape, and if he's in shape and not playing, he deserves to be called a sissy. If he indeed has an injury that needs surgery, he must have slipped on the ice in his driveway because he hasn't been on any other ice very much.
Joe

Hudson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 1, 2009
 
Good riddance.
Jacques Lemaire

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

eastside wrote:
All those that refer to the 'sissy' or 'Maryann', do you think he really wanted to get hurt? It's too bad his time here ends likes this, if it has. He is the BEST player ever to wear a Wild jersey, bar none. His talent will be missed.
He is a frail little Girl who even gets hurt warming up with a hackey sack. And what has this little Girl ever done in the playoffs? That's when the superstars, the real men lead their teams but the Maryann's just kind of show up and skate and hope not to get hurt. Overpaid P-u-$-s-ie...
hdog

Belle Plaine, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 1, 2009
 
DizzyOne wrote:
<quoted text>This guy has had a "pulled groin" for the past 2 years. Only guy on the team with the problem. Out of playing shape? When you get paid millions to play a kids game, you need to stay in top shape, and if he's in shape and not playing, he deserves to be called a sissy. If he indeed has an injury that needs surgery, he must have slipped on the ice in his driveway because he hasn't been on any other ice very much.
Yeah, for crying out loud take up tennis.
JoeyJoeJoe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 1, 2009
 
Marian Groin-pull doesn't realize that no one wants a player who can only play 60% of the season. The Wild were crazy to offer him 8million in the first place.

I don't care if he is traded or not, either way he is gone and we get some cap room.
habguy33

Kelowna, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 1, 2009
 
for the love of god montreal please oh please dont even think about signing this gal
opTOMism

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Best possible choice at this time is to get the surgery done immediately and then hope he can contribute later on this season, boosting his future trade value. Too bad for Wild, they should have traded him after last season. Now it's time to look for a GOOD replacement for Doug.
MNWildFan88

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

It's time for the complainers to look at the real problem - the GM. Secondary to that is the coach, the biggest reason #10 doesn't want to return.

I'd love to see all of you "he's a sissy baby!!!" people to try to play hockey with a bad hip. You'd be crying in about 15 minutes.

Since: Oct 08

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 2, 2009
 
Mike wrote:
look for a silver lining. Even though we don't get anything for him, we free up his 7 or 8 million dollars to get two decent players, or one good free agent. I know Mikko Koivu's brother is a free agent with the Montreal Canadiens at the end of the season. The big problem with this team is that it has very few offensive players and the NHL is now becoming an offensive league again. Plus, they have a coach who's big on defense, not offense.
I think season ending surgery would allow the Wild to apply for cap relief for the prorated amount of his salary thus freeing up money for the current season too. Not positive though...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••