Shooter Now: Finding Minnesota Wild coach could be rough ... or Ruff

Despite numerous potential coaching choices for the Minnesota Wild, none would seem to be a blockbuster. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
gloria

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 12, 2011
why doesn't don lucia get considered for the wild job?

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#2 Apr 12, 2011
this team has sadly become a clone of the Wolves. I can forsee this team going through 3 coaches in the next 10 years while they try to find players, cap room, and draftees. I won't even mention free agents because we all know that the Wild, just as their BasketBall counterparts, do not participate in the free agency market.( too cheap)
So that being said, the Wild will hire their new coach, comitt to winning, re building a team, fail to make the playoffs in the next 2 years, fire that coach and begin again. It is a cycle that, unfortuantely, us Minnesota fans are all too familiar with. It is a sad state of affairs that is has fallen to this but it has and you just can not dispute the reality of a very disappointing situation. We all had such high hopes when pro hockey returned to Minnesota but , well I guess we will have to wait a while until the Wild actually assemble a team we can really get excited about.
Paul

Macedon, NY

#3 Apr 12, 2011
I thought Lindy declined an offer from Golissano, not Pegula. "LINDY AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE" - Terry Pegula
Facts please

Buffalo, NY

#4 Apr 12, 2011
Lindy Ruff did NOT turn down a contract extension from Terry Pegula.
Ruff declined to talk contract with Larry Quinn and previous ownership because it was too close to the season.
After Pegula took over, Ruff and Pegula are on record saying that he's not going anywhere, they're just not dealing with the contract situation until after the season.
bummer

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 12, 2011
Can we go back in time and make the right hire in Laviolette? Oh wait, his new team is coming off a finals appearance and is the #2 seed in the East...I don't think he's available this time. It's time to face the facts, this team is going nowhere fast. If they keep working with their current philosophy, we're at least 3 years away from competing for a playoff spot. I've supported Fletch since he came here, but he's now officially on the clock...
fan

Maple Grove, MN

#6 Apr 12, 2011
gloria wrote:
i was thinking the same thing
Herbie from Above

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 12, 2011
gloria wrote:
Lucia cannot win with kids that WANT to PLAY, how would he win with Prima Donna NHL people?
PhatZim

Oswego, IL

#8 Apr 12, 2011
Lindy Ruff? Do a little research; Pegula did not offer Lindy anything yet. Lindy declined Golisano's offer and rightly so. To quote Pegula and Lindy 'He/I ain't going nowhere'.
Joe

Tallassee, AL

#9 Apr 12, 2011
Do your homework, Ruff is off the table.
Dead Kirby Puckett

Mission Viejo, CA

#10 Apr 12, 2011
How come there be no black coaches in the NHL?
Crazy killa eyes

Dallas, TX

#11 Apr 12, 2011
Ruff didnt reject an extension from the new owner. He rejected one from the previous ownership. a simple google search would have revealed that. Maybe Chuck Walters should learn about the internet super highway. in fact Pegula was quoted "Ruff ain't going nowhere"
GOBILLS

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 12, 2011
Ruff isn't going anywhere. He and Pegula talked and both parties said signing an extension wasn't necessary. He's spent half his life with the organization, he's not going anywhere
eball

Pembroke, NC

#13 Apr 12, 2011
What is your source that Ruff declined an extension from the NEW owner? I think you need to do some fact-checking, Charley. There were contract extension discussions with the previous ownership, but not with Pegula & Co.

Ruff "ain't going nowhere" -- Terry Pegula

Enjoy your tee times.
buffalo bob

Syracuse, NY

#14 Apr 12, 2011
Ruff rebuffed the previous regime. His oft-stated goal is to win a Cup in Buffalo. Kevin Dineen from Portland might be worth looking at though.
Dave

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Apr 12, 2011
What an embarassing piece of journalism. Wow
southbendirish

Notre Dame, IN

#16 Apr 12, 2011
If it isn't Ted Nolan, they got the wrong coach...regardless of what is written in either Fish wrap east or Fish Wrap west

And if they do the right thing & get Nolan to agree to coach, they better get some wingers!
Herbie from Above

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Apr 12, 2011
Dead Kirby Puckett wrote:
How come there be no black coaches in the NHL?
Because there have been fewer than 10 players in the history of the NHL. That's why.
Peter Puck

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Apr 12, 2011
Just don't do anything stupid, the coach should have NO Minnesota connections.....End of Story.

Guys like Lou "Organization wrecker" Nanne should not even be allowed to enter the building!

Lets get a coach that believes his team should be the hardest working team on the ice every night!
If guys don't they sit no matter who they are.
Than lets get some guys with HEART!

You don't need goons but guys that DON'T like to lose and show it.
Not like our current collection who when the season was on the line went on a 4 game road trip and got pounded in the 4 games 20-2 and not one time showed a little heart or had a leader show some! At least give the fans there moneys worth.
boris michalov

North Tonawanda, NY

#19 Apr 12, 2011
"lindy ruff aint goin anywhere" -terry pegula(new owner of the sabres) at indroductory press conference on feb 22, 2011
ChrisW

Herndon, VA

#20 Apr 12, 2011
I don't think Ruff rejected an extention offer from current owner Terry Pegula. News reports indicate he rejected an offer from previous owner Tom Golisano.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Wild Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Reasons Why Minnesota Wild Will Win 2015 Stan... Oct 11 CHforever 2
Cam Barker Invite Puts Pressure on Young Defens... Sep 23 CHforever 2
Watch Every Goal Zach Parise Scored Last Season Aug '14 Reg 1
Minnesota Wild dominate the Blackhawks; lose in... May '14 Reg 1
Racin' With Jason: Trevor Bayne's multiple scle... (Nov '13) Nov '13 dolly 1
3rd period Entrance music (Nov '13) Nov '13 Alex 1
Goalie Antti Raanta Signing With the Edmonton O... (Jun '13) Jun '13 RAANTA WITH HAWKS... 1

Minnesota Wild People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE