Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to get onboard | The Columbus Dispatch

More than one fan at the Blue Jackets draft party on Friday night used a profanity when asked about the team's trade for Philadelphia Flyers center Jeff Carter. Full Story
CBJ

United States

#1 Jun 27, 2011
I think Carter will adjust once he's here. To be told by the GM that he would spend the rest of his career in Philly (to be told a WEEK before he was drafter, no less), to negotiate a long-term contract on that faith, and then to have the management trade him *anyway* is going to leave a really bad taste in his mouth. And I don't blame him. But I don't think he's going to want traded back to Philly (especially not after what they've done here), and instead will put his focus on making his mark here in Columbus.
WHS76

Blacklick, OH

#2 Jun 27, 2011
To me Scott(Howson) can make all the denials he wants I will not believe the him.
An American

Dublin, OH

#3 Jun 27, 2011
I think the CBJ should through a big party for him. Perhaps if the fans show how much we are looking forward to him joining the team and community, it will have a positive impact.

Wecome to Columbus.
Just Sayin

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 27, 2011
Give him time. He will come around and enjoy Columbus and the team here. Now it is up to Howson to continue to add for next season and build for the future to make this a wanted place to play.
Tribucks

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 27, 2011
The concern is a valid one, but "petulance?" "Act like a grown-up??" Maybe we should give him a few days to digest what he probably sees as a disloyal move by a franchise that told him he wasn't going anywhere. How would you like to wake up and find that you've been sent to work at the Steubenville Herald Star?

Let's assume the worst and say he doesn't want to be here. Is he supposed to feel better after reading that he should act like a grown up and stop being petulant or might it make him dread things even more?
Laney

Hilliard, OH

#6 Jun 27, 2011
I agree, be a man, take 5 minutes and call the CBJ or a Columbus reporter and say you want to be here and will do whatever it takes to help the team win...... done..... then go back to feeling sorry for yourself. So what, it's over in Philly, they did not want you, move on. Look forward, don't look back. His agent should be telling him that too.
cbjbus

Columbus, OH

#7 Jun 27, 2011
I have a bad feeling about the non communication. Does this mean he is trying to find a way out of this town, already? He is not winning any fans over with this behavior. I, for one, expect him to not play with enthusiasm or not play in Columbus at all.
Franklin County

Dublin, OH

#8 Jun 27, 2011
Give the guy a break.....it's like breaking up a relationship. She's dumps you.....mourn it for 72 hours, have a few beers with your friends....they'll tell you she wasn't worth it.
Then move on.
Hey???? What's wrong with The Steubenville Herald Star? There are a lot of similarities to The Dispatch....If it wasn't for Big Red, CCHS, and Indian Creek football there would be no newspaper.....if it wasn't for Buckeye football, there would be no Dispatch.
Anonymous

Vancouver, Canada

#9 Jun 27, 2011
He did say he would issue a statement after the weekend. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. Better to have a player mull over this and come out a few days later and issue a well thought out statement, rather than a fake "am so happy to be here" two minutes after being traded.
JRN

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 27, 2011
Laney wrote:
I agree, be a man, take 5 minutes and call the CBJ or a Columbus reporter and say you want to be here and will do whatever it takes to help the team win...... done..... then go back to feeling sorry for yourself. So what, it's over in Philly, they did not want you, move on. Look forward, don't look back. His agent should be telling him that too.
Apparently, the GM told him to his face, that the Flyers had no intention of trading him just days prior to it happening. I'd be kinda mad too.

http://philly.sbnation.com/2011/6/25/2243573/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NHL Central Division Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Blackhawks 2014-2015 Over/Under Preview... Thu Reg 1
Will the Chicago Blackhawks Come Through as Sta... Sep 12 CHforever 2
Watch Every Goal Zach Parise Scored Last Season Aug 25 Reg 1
FBI Raids Sommet Group In Cool Springs - NewsCh... (Jul '10) Aug 25 WTF 1,316
Why Does West Dominate East? Aug '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
Throwback Thursday: Pierre Pilote Aug '14 Reg 1
Kris Versteeg Will Bounce Back Next Season Aug '14 Reg 1
•••
•••

NHL Central Division People Search