Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that of Aaron I have always said he was a good QB I have said he took a few hits to his head & the next concussion might be his last. But I never said his receivers made him. I dont know where you got that from but It sure wasnt me that said it.
I have no proof you did so I will take you word for it:)
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I clearly remember you saying it was the WR that made Rodgers look good on another thread. How convenient of you to switch it around for this discussion. But just so we are clear which is it? Rodgers is great or the WRs/TE or both or some sort of combination because the Packers passing attack is defiantly nothing near average!
and in my opinion (this is different than “fact” btw) Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, and maybe Jones would start if they played for the Vikings. The Vikings even tried to sign Packers practice squad WR Gurley to their roster last year, he declined.
Sure the Vikings signed Gurley look at the receivers they had starting The only good receiver the Vikes had was Harven But this year I got to say the Vikings getting Childs & his knee is 100% now The Guy runs a 4.41 40 yard dash & has a 40.5 inch vertical At one point in collage before hurting his knee scouts.com had him as one of the top receivers so I am hoping the Vikings has a good receiver in Childs & I also like WR Wright filling in for Harven to always have someone like a Harven on the Field & WR Simpsion filling in. The Vikes should do a lot better this year.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

The Vikings are not as bad as there record shows The Vikings was tied for first with 50 sacks. there front did pretty good it was there secondary. The first 4 games they was leading up to 20 points They very well could have ended up 7-9 last season., meaning anything can happen this season. I am not saying its going to happen but you never know about a 7-9 team. they could end up 10-6 or like the Vikings 3-13 Lets hope its 10-6 lol
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

ezg357 wrote:
I dont think Randall Cobb Diondre Borel and Tori Gurley can replace Driver.. Driver is not a 5th receiver like you say he is. Driver had one of his best games in the first regular season game with the Giants last season. The Giants assigned a linebacker to cover him for almost the entire game that shows he still has it I think. The Guy can still play. The thing is Should the Packers keep him around when they know father time is around the next bend like so many other teams has done. or Cut him & his High Cap now. & hope someone like Coob can replace him. I think Cobb has the best chance of them guys above to do that with some more playing time
I think if Driver had only a LB covering him all those plays he should be having much more production then he did. Can you imagine if they put only a LB on Jennings or Nelson, game over. Driver is not a focal point in the offence anymore... at all.

Even more so could you see a team put a LB on Cobb? Do you know how fast he is?

I am not sure either that Cobb, Gurley/Borel will “replace” Driver per say. The Packers spread it around and it is more about getting reps. But I think the plan is to increase playing time for Cobb, Jones and Gurley/ Borel. Cobb will be more involved and have his first real offseason, Jones improved last year, and the 5th WR Gurley/Borel will get a bit of playing time and play ST. I think they need to stay young at WR and develop these younger guys, they may not have enough for money to pay Jennings his big pay day. Then who are we left with, Driver will be 39 by then? Need to develop players, its what the Packers do.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no proof you did so I will take you word for it:)
I have always thought Aaron was a good QB this is for the future records Brady, Manning & Aaron the top three QBs in the NFL.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if Driver had only a LB covering him all those plays he should be having much more production then he did. Can you imagine if they put only a LB on Jennings or Nelson, game over. Driver is not a focal point in the offence anymore... at all.
I am not sure either that Cobb, Gurley/Borel will “replace” Driver per say. The Packers spread it around and it is more about getting reps. But I think the plan is to increase playing time for Cobb, Jones and Gurley/ Borel. Cobb will be more involved and have his first real offseason, Jones improved last year, and the 5th WR Gurley/Borel will get a bit of playing time and play ST. I think they need to stay young at WR and develop these younger guys, they may not have enough for money to pay Jennings his big pay day. Then who are we left with, Driver will be 39 by then? Need to develop players, its what the Packers do.
I just happen to have a link that says how the Giants was covering Driver with a LB for the game.>> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1182476-it...
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
yes true they got to develop young players its sad seeing the great ones getting cut but its got to be done sooner then later I guess
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure the Vikings signed Gurley look at the receivers they had starting The only good receiver the Vikes had was Harven But this year I got to say the Vikings getting Childs & his knee is 100% now The Guy runs a 4.41 40 yard dash & has a 40.5 inch vertical At one point in collage before hurting his knee scouts.com had him as one of the top receivers so I am hoping the Vikings has a good receiver in Childs & I also like WR Wright filling in for Harven to always have someone like a Harven on the Field & WR Simpsion filling in. The Vikes should do a lot better this year.
Yeah give those young guys a few years to develop and the Vikes may have some good players, lets wait and see. I've read some good things about Childs looks like a great value for a 4th rounder.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Magnum Man wrote:
It seems that I'm surrounded by people that want to "just-get-by" in life. They do the minimal at their jobs, responsibilities, education and on and on....and in the end it brings everybody around them down.
It did me good to hear that the Vikings will be staying in Minnesota. It proved (if maybe just to me) that Wilf is willing to go "all in" on the Vikings. I think that it's great news that the deal has been finished. It also must have been a real "B!tch" with this being a "election" year to get the stadium deal done.
I don't know about many of you folks, but the stadium issue was brining me down. In the back of my mind I kept thinking that the Vikings would be moving. I'm releaved to hear that they are not!
Your thoughts.....
Now that the City passed the bill, it is a reality. Hope all of you who actually spent time contacting your representatives can enjoy the fruits of your labor by keeping the Vikings here for a long time to come. After reading so much criticism of the stadium bill, I wasn't at all confident this day would ever arrive.
Now I just want to thank Wilf & Co. in advance for that shiny new world championship trophy......
Congratulations Viking Fans
Let the jealousy commence....
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that the City passed the bill, it is a reality. Hope all of you who actually spent time contacting your representatives can enjoy the fruits of your labor by keeping the Vikings here for a long time to come. After reading so much criticism of the stadium bill, I wasn't at all confident this day would ever arrive.
Now I just want to thank Wilf & Co. in advance for that shiny new world championship trophy......
Congratulations Viking Fans
Let the jealousy commence....
Congrats on the new sadium 40! I bet it will be a beaut, somehting to be proud of. Do you think they will still play 'Welcome to the Jungle' during the opening kickoff? I hope so.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats on the new sadium 40! I bet it will be a beaut, somehting to be proud of. Do you think they will still play 'Welcome to the Jungle' during the opening kickoff? I hope so.
Thanks, the rivalry lives on!
There is a push to change the song to the immigrant song by Led Zepplin. More fitting for Vikings, where Bon Jovi' song is used by many teams for kickoff.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

I hope they Keep the cannon going off in the New Stadium. The other teams hate it
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

ezg357 wrote:
I hope they Keep the cannon going off in the New Stadium. The other teams hate it
EZGT - I think we need to start thinking "out of the box" when we play the Packers, Bears or Lions. Instead of the cannon, how about the sound of a squeeling pig (think Deliverence) when we kick off the football? I'm sure it would get their attention and break their concentration. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 53 of53
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Minnesota Vikings Forum right now

Search the Minnesota Vikings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... 17 hr viking nation 5
**** 1st Round Draft Pick Is ***** Sat viking nation 34
NFL Executives Think Josh Freeman Was Done Wron... Sat Harry 5
Tom Savage Apr 18 viking nation 32
2014 NN community mock draft: With the 8th pick... Apr 16 Lito 1
Darren Sharper: Ex-Viking challenging his no-ba... Apr 16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings 2014 draft preview: Quarterback Apr 15 viking nation 1
•••
•••