Green Bay Packers: Why Aaron Rodgers Is Already Better Than Brett Favre

Apr 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Aaron Rodgers is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL and is already better than past Green Bay Packer legend Brett Favre .

Comments
1 - 20 of 117 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Slick kiko

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Are u kidding me, better than Brett, I'm a green bay packer fan but he has a long way before anybody can compare him to Brett, People tend to forget the days Brett played with Greenbay those were days on Sunday when Everybody was watching the Ironman put on a show and always came to play, Aron better hope he gets to play as long as greenbays number 1 quarterback to ever play, The Ironman Brett Favre
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 18, 2012
 
Slick kiko wrote:
Are u kidding me, better than Brett, I'm a green bay packer fan but he has a long way before anybody can compare him to Brett, People tend to forget the days Brett played with Greenbay those were days on Sunday when Everybody was watching the Ironman put on a show and always came to play, Aron better hope he gets to play as long as greenbays number 1 quarterback to ever play, The Ironman Brett Favre
Not to mention he's the most self-photographed person ever
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Aaron is good But Better No Way. Favre is the only player to win the AP Most Valuable Player three consecutive times. Favre is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw for over 70,000 yards, over 500 touchdowns, He has led teams to eight division championships & five NFC Championship Games. I should add Favre Never was one & out in the playoffs like aaron Rodgers.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

What is with the NFL giving the Packers the second easiest schedule this year. Unbelievable! That a 15-1 team gets the second easiest schedule Maybe this is why Aaron has a higher completion percentage.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

ezg357 wrote:
What is with the NFL giving the Packers the second easiest schedule this year. Unbelievable! That a 15-1 team gets the second easiest schedule Maybe this is why Aaron has a higher completion percentage.
You have to be the dumbest SOB I have ever seen post on this forum. LMFAO! I explained all this to you last year when you though the Packers ‘NFL Champs at that point’ should have had a harder SOS. That is how our SOS discussions began in the first place. Here you are 1 year later still clueless on how schedules are created. DAMN ezg DAMN!

See my next post for the explanation and formula as to how schedules are created.
(or go back to the “2012 Home and Away” thread where ‘Stubby’ explained it too.)
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ezg PLEASE READ THIS, then understand it, then shut up about how scheudles are made!

The NFL didn’t ”give” the Packers the second easiest schedule. It is set using a predetermined formula.

Please please please read the link below, I explained this same sh** to you last year. LMFAO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Footbal...

Current NFL formula

Currently, each team's 16-game regular season schedule is set using a pre-determined formula:[2]

• Each team plays the other three teams in their division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).
• Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
• Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).
• Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves in the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).

This schedule was designed so all teams will play each other at least once in a four-year span, and will play in every other team's stadium at least once in an eight-year span. It also guarantees that regardless of a given team's final divisional placement in the previous season, the 16 games that team plays in this current season will consist of:
• four games against opponents who finished the previous season in first place in their respective divisions,
• four games against opponents who finished the previous season in second place in their respective divisions,
• four games against opponents who finished the previous season in third place in their respective divisions, and
• four games against opponents who finished the previous season in fourth place in their respective divisions.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Now was that so hard to understand ezg?

Go back to last years thread "Perfect Packers: Can Green Bay finish 16-0?" Read post #53. I gave you the same informaion and link then but you either could not understand it or forgot it.

Now you know, remeber it so you don't have to write all that stupid crap again and look like a fool! Thanks!
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ezg357 wrote:
I should add Favre Never was one & out in the playoffs like aaron Rodgers.
ezg com' on!
Why are you making stuff up? Did you do any research to prove this point above? You just made that up…

That is why nobody takes you seriously; you always just make crap up ezg! It is a very bad habit to get into. So stop the lying and BSing. Use FACTS! GET PROOF!

Here is a link to all Brett Favre's playoff game logs.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players...
I suggest you do the research and correct your post (hint 99, 03 ,05). I am getting tired of doing it for you.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GBPmies your such a laugh & a phony I know how the schedule is made I have been counting then for years Long before you GBPmies Phony WOW lol What I am saying is Why do the Packers always gets a schedule like this YOu know last year You Had no clue of What the strength of schedule Was yet alone how to count it Your a big phony. I am going to say this Once GBPmies If your going to go on & be insulting I will not give you a response in the future. I Proved last year how little you know. Your such a phony. I am willing to talk if your not insulting. Did anyone ever show someone how to do something then that person takes the credit & acts like they knew it all the time That you never showed them anything Well GBPmies is one of them people . The Guy Went so far as to make a site in my name lol I AM DEEP Under his Skin lol lol lol You Got to love It .Go Vikings
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here You Go GBPmies take a look I dont Make up anything IT might help you to read about your team you wouldnt look so dumb Take a look PAckers second easiest schedule.>> http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/matttrowbridge/x1...
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ezg357 wrote:
GBPmies your such a laugh & a phony I know how the schedule is made
Don’t cry about ezg!
After all, you asked this and I quote you “What is with the NFL giving the Packers the second easiest schedule this year”

So obviously you do NOT know and are clueless, just like last year when I gave the same info! IF you did know you would not ask such stupid question! And I answered it for you like I always do!
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ezg since you are soooo intelligent could again tell me why you need the “order” to count SOS. I counted it without the order, so did ESPN and all the other sites. You ran your mouth like you knew what you were talking about and once you were wrong you went away. Maybe you should just stay away then…. Because you are wrong all the time!
http://www.topix.com/forum/nfl/minnesota-viki...
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ezg357 wrote:
Here You Go GBPmies take a look I dont Make up anything IT might help you to read about your team you wouldnt look so dumb Take a look PAckers second easiest schedule.>> http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/matttrowbridge/x1...
That is great ezg, but I never said they didn’t have the second easiest schedule! You are MORON! Show me where I said they didn’t. I even made the SOS months ago so obviously I know the Packers have 2nd easiest. I just showed you how the NFL creates the schedule and formula but you probably didn’t read it. Pull your head out of you’re a**! Pay attention to what I am saying.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 20, 2012
 
ezg357 wrote:
Here You Go GBPmies take a look I dont Make up anything
You made up and lied about Favre never being ‘one and done’ in the playoffs. You used that as an argument above.

I gave you the link to Favre’s playoff game logs. It is simple to see you are full of BS.

I like how you just ignore that post, like it never happened because it shows everyone you are an idiot!

SO - Stop making stuff up and use facts. Then maybe someone might take you seriously.
taylor

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 20, 2012
 
He's not better than Fsvre yet, after he gets his second super bowl ring he will be better than Favre. and maybe one or two more MVPs
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Starting the year off With >> Dumb Things Packers fans say . >> The NFL should put the Packers in a better division so their schedule isn't so easy. If the NFL isn't willing to do that, somebody better figure out a way for the Bears, Lions and Vikings to win more games lol . More dumb comments Yes many moons ago the NFL came up with a formula on how to create schedules in the NFL that will “help out” Rodgers and Brady (as if they need it) yet more dumb comments It is incredibly easy to understand. However, you are never going to convince the conspiracy theorists. So just laugh at them instead. You have got to love Packers fans dumb comments
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ezg357 wrote:
Starting the year off With >> Dumb Things Packers fans say . >> The NFL should put the Packers in a better division so their schedule isn't so easy. If the NFL isn't willing to do that, somebody better figure out a way for the Bears, Lions and Vikings to win more games lol . More dumb comments Yes many moons ago the NFL came up with a formula on how to create schedules in the NFL that will “help out” Rodgers and Brady (as if they need it) yet more dumb comments It is incredibly easy to understand. However, you are never going to convince the conspiracy theorists. So just laugh at them instead. You have got to love Packers fans dumb comments
You know ezg, you are about the most ridiculous person to comment on this site. Facts are provided to you yet you keep twisting them around. The NFL set their formula for schedule making way before Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady came to their respective teams. You make it sound as if it was done on purpose by the NFL. How wrong you are. Read the facts as they are and stop the bs you spew. The Packers schedule is the second easiest or 31st toughest in the NFL this season. Deal with it. As GBPmies and others have tried to tell you, the scheduling all balances out over time. Too bad your jealousy of the Green Bay Packers clouds your ability to see things as they are. Go Viqueens!
eric

Pittsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Who is a better qb,Favre or Rodgers? Well, maybe we should wait until the end of both careers and have a nice comparison.Ive stated my opinion many times and started many argument over this subject,so im thinking those who have been here a while know where i stand on this particular subject.
S.O.S. is pretty much worthless,Its based on last years records and teams get better and worse every year because of 1 factor or another ( may it be FA,retirement,injury ect)AND its a revolving thing the NFC NORTH,plays the NFC EAST one year,NFC WEST another year South another year and the AFC East one year,West another year South another year,its predetermined a few years in advance so there is no way of determining.The only thing is 6 division games,4 vs an NFC div we play,4 vs AFC div we play and the 2 extra games GB will play the 1st place team of the other games ( this year its the NYG and SF,,winner of the SB and NFC WEST) Minn should play the 4th place team in the div.Det. and Chi should play 2nd and 3rd place teams...YES,Minn schedule is harder,,they play 15-1 GB TWICE,while GB plays 3-13 Minn TWICE.
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 20, 2012
 
eric wrote:
Who is a better qb,Favre or Rodgers? Well, maybe we should wait until the end of both careers and have a nice comparison.Ive stated my opinion many times and started many argument over this subject,so im thinking those who have been here a while know where i stand on this particular subject.
S.O.S. is pretty much worthless,Its based on last years records and teams get better and worse every year because of 1 factor or another ( may it be FA,retirement,injury ect)AND its a revolving thing the NFC NORTH,plays the NFC EAST one year,NFC WEST another year South another year and the AFC East one year,West another year South another year,its predetermined a few years in advance so there is no way of determining.The only thing is 6 division games,4 vs an NFC div we play,4 vs AFC div we play and the 2 extra games GB will play the 1st place team of the other games ( this year its the NYG and SF,,winner of the SB and NFC WEST) Minn should play the 4th place team in the div.Det. and Chi should play 2nd and 3rd place teams...YES,Minn schedule is harder,,they play 15-1 GB TWICE,while GB plays 3-13 Minn TWICE.
Hey Eric. This can be explained to ezg time and time again but he will still think it is a conspiracy. Too bad he doesn't stick to worrying about his Vikings. Sounds as if there is a real possibility the Vikings could end up in Los Angeles. As much as I dislike them I would hate to see them move to LA. It just wouldn't be the same. If that were to happen I could see the Rams and Vikings switch divisions. Be pretty tough seeing the Bears, Lions and Packers having to travel to the West Coast along with the Vikings traveling back 3 times to the midwest. Speculation on my part. Looking forward to the draft next week. My real hope is that the Packers find themselves a good pass rushing DE or OLB along witha good running back. The one thing I like about TT and the way he drafts is that he looks to draft players who will keep the Packers competitve for the long run. Let's hope there are a few diamonds-in-the-rough so to speak. I truly believe the Packers have some of the best scouting personnel in the NFL and that they will use these 12 draft picks to improve an already good team and build their depth as well. Looking forward to hearing from you.
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 20, 2012
 
eric wrote:
Who is a better qb,Favre or Rodgers? Well, maybe we should wait until the end of both careers and have a nice comparison.Ive stated my opinion many times and started many argument over this subject,so im thinking those who have been here a while know where i stand on this particular subject.
S.O.S. is pretty much worthless,Its based on last years records and teams get better and worse every year because of 1 factor or another ( may it be FA,retirement,injury ect)AND its a revolving thing the NFC NORTH,plays the NFC EAST one year,NFC WEST another year South another year and the AFC East one year,West another year South another year,its predetermined a few years in advance so there is no way of determining.The only thing is 6 division games,4 vs an NFC div we play,4 vs AFC div we play and the 2 extra games GB will play the 1st place team of the other games ( this year its the NYG and SF,,winner of the SB and NFC WEST) Minn should play the 4th place team in the div.Det. and Chi should play 2nd and 3rd place teams...YES,Minn schedule is harder,,they play 15-1 GB TWICE,while GB plays 3-13 Minn TWICE.
As far as who is the better QB, Favre or Rodgers is a debate that will go on for sometime. Like you said maybe we should wait until Rodgers' career is over. Granted, Rodgers will probably not surpass any of Favre's career records. What we all probably liked about Favre was his ability to play like his hair was on fire. I always felt with Favre, something really great was going to happen or something really bad or stupid was going to happen. That's what made him fun to watch. A buddy of mine and I always said that if Favre made 2 or less bonehead plays a game the Packers stood a good chance of winning. Anything over that they would lose. To me, Rodgers takes less chances. He doesn't force the ball as much, less INT's. He is more mobile than Favre snd I think throws a better deep ball. This being said it will come down to winning championships. Still a long way to surpass my childhood favorite player, Bart Starr.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Green Bay Packers Forum right now

Search the Green Bay Packers Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Green Bay Packers: Randall Cobb says 'I don't b... 10 hr Seems Cheesy 2
Jordy signed a contract extension. 11 hr GBPfan 11
Finley coming back? 7-25 15 hr GBPfan 4
Start of camp Sun eric 1
Packers shareholders meeting at Lambeau Field Sun GBPfan 33
Packers re-sign WR Jordy Nelson after 1st practice Jul 26 GBPfan 1
5 Reasons Why Green Bay Packers' Jordy Nelson D... Jul 26 GBPfan 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••