Reviewing the 5 Most Painful Losses in Green Bay Packers History

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: BleacherReport 170

The Green Bay Packers are the most historic franchise in the NFL . Tied for the oldest team in league history, the Packers have had their ups and downs.

Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
FUNNY

Marshfield, WI

#1 Jun 19, 2012
What a joke this is. Last year rolling through the season, getting the so needed bye(G.B. words), and home field and then ONE AND DONE. And now acting like it was okay. Tell the truth it was a huge painfull loss. It would be for any team.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Jun 19, 2012
I think we need to defer to your expertise. Nobody knows as much about painful losses as you, right?

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#3 Jun 19, 2012
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Jun 19, 2012
No, denial is also a way of life in Minnesota.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#5 Jun 19, 2012
I agree with FUNNY above., I dont think the most painful losses of last year was the Vikings going 3-13 it was the Packers 15-1 team., losing to the Gaints 9-7 team. One & out in the playoffs Now that was painful.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#6 Jun 19, 2012
Just another gbpfan:

Denial plus soooo much more.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Jun 19, 2012
And now Harvin is unhappy with the Vikings. Time for some more denial. Lucky for you, the Vikings keep you with plenty to deny.
GBPmies

Finland

#8 Jun 19, 2012
Here are my most painful loses for that Packers.

5. 15-1 to 1 and done (I coined the phrase use it gently)

4. 4th and 26th vs the Eagles (2003–04 NFL playoffs)

3. Owens He caught it! He caught it! He caught it! 1998 wild card (Jerry Rice f'ing fumbled btw :)
I lost a lot of money on that game taht is why it ranks high on the painful list

2. Favre’s OT INT vs the Giants in NFC Championship game
(I was here in Finland and the only place to watch the game was in some pub, they had to close half way through the 4th quarter, the bartender left the TV on next to the window, it was damn cold, and damn painful.)

1. Super Bowl XXXII (nothing worse than losing the Super Bowl, huh Viking fans?) What?

The Packers have brought me way more great moments then painful ones, can Vikings fans say the same... without lying?
If so that is in itself is a shame.

That is all I have to say about that....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Jun 19, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
I agree with FUNNY above., I dont think the most painful losses of last year was the Vikings going 3-13 it was the Packers 15-1 team., losing to the Gaints 9-7 team. One & out in the playoffs Now that was painful.
I'm sorry that loss hurt you so badly. That's kind of funny. I mean, the Vikings playoff losses have never bothered me much. Hmmm. Have you finally gotten tired of all of the losing? There is always more room on the Packer bandwagon. We longtime fans won't judge you. New Packer fans are always welcome.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#10 Jun 19, 2012
Thats about the way i fell about it as well Pmies..
1....Losing the SB in 97 sucked the most
2....the Owens last second TD catch was 2nd worst ( not only did Rice fumble which would have given GB the ball and the win,but,if you remember one of the guys in the secondary,Newsome i believe dropped an INT a few plays earlier)so GB could have won that twice.
3....Favre OT INT vs NYG as he had Jennings wideopen and went for Driver who was covered.
4....last years sucked and was disappointing for sure but losing to the hottest team at the moment and the SB champs makes it ( i dont know better or worse actually)but it happens..
5....Was losing the NFC title game to Dallas IMO. 95.GB was the underdog but cost themselves with a few stupid mistakes.
GBPmies

Finland

#11 Jun 19, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
That could be true depending what type of fan you are or in this case are not.

See ezg, some appreciate success and others appreciate not having their high hopes crushed, but you are now the second one to say such a thing, a thing I could never understand because I enjoy the success of my team.

Earlier 40for60 said he would rather his team go 3-13 then go 15-1 and lose their first playoff game. Only someone with a loser mentality would think that (don't be offended 40 of course I understand you are what you are)

It was a shame the Packers lost but it was a great season, they won 15 games, scored lots points more than anyone else, Rodgers got MVP, IT WAS FUN!

I bet if you asked the Vikings players what they would rather have I would suspect them saying ‘15-1 to one and done’ is better than wasting everyone’s time with 3 miserable wins.

The Packers season was great, one of the greatest regular seasons EVER in the NFL -Rodgers season was one of the best EVER by a QB!- the end was disappointing and personally tragic for some. The Vikings... That was a disgusting display of football, a complete waste.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#12 Jun 19, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that loss hurt you so badly. That's kind of funny. I mean, the Vikings playoff losses have never bothered me much. Hmmm. Have you finally gotten tired of all of the losing? There is always more room on the Packer bandwagon. We longtime fans won't judge you. New Packer fans are always welcome.
No the loss didnt hurt me GBPfan I was meaning the Vikings being 3-13 couldnt have hurt more then seeing the Packers lose to the Gaints & going one & out. Myself I thought it was funny. Hope my post this time is clear to you. I keep forgetting how you Packers fans need things spelled out for you. In the future I will try harder to do that for you.
GBPmies

Finland

#13 Jun 19, 2012
eric wrote:
Thats about the way i fell about it as well Pmies..
1....Losing the SB in 97 sucked the most
2....the Owens last second TD catch was 2nd worst ( not only did Rice fumble which would have given GB the ball and the win,but,if you remember one of the guys in the secondary,Newsome i believe dropped an INT a few plays earlier)so GB could have won that twice.
3....Favre OT INT vs NYG as he had Jennings wideopen and went for Driver who was covered.
4....last years sucked and was disappointing for sure but losing to the hottest team at the moment and the SB champs makes it ( i dont know better or worse actually)but it happens..
5....Was losing the NFC title game to Dallas IMO. 95.GB was the underdog but cost themselves with a few stupid mistakes.
Yep I thought about that number 5 of yours too. I can’t say for sure we were the better team there.

Converting 4th and 26 just should not happen though, they were better than that.
GBPmies

Finland

#14 Jun 19, 2012
Packer fans
-Here's to another season of possible greatness or painful disappointment. If the Packers do not win the Super Bowl I will be disappointed because I know they have a good shot it with today's roster barring any major injuries.

Viking fans
-Here's to another season of crap... they suck :)
eric

Marshfield, WI

#15 Jun 19, 2012
Thats the point though Pmies.Dallas was a big favorite and GB could have won the NFC title game but for a few stupid mistakes.
4th and 26 was painful to watch as well.
GBPmies

Finland

#16 Jun 19, 2012
eric wrote:
Thats the point though Pmies.Dallas was a big favorite and GB could have won the NFC title game but for a few stupid mistakes.
4th and 26 was painful to watch as well.
We could extend this to the 6 most painful.....:)

If this about the Vikings I know the first FOUR most painful LMAO!!!!! Any guesses what those games would be?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 Jun 19, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>No the loss didnt hurt me GBPfan I was meaning the Vikings being 3-13 couldnt have hurt more then seeing the Packers lose to the Gaints & going one & out. Myself I thought it was funny. Hope my post this time is clear to you. I keep forgetting how you Packers fans need things spelled out for you. In the future I will try harder to do that for you.
Oh I get it. You think you can speak for Packer fans. Maybe someday, after your team has won it's 13th NFL Championship, you can pretend to know what it is like to be a Packer fan. Since I am a Packer fan, I KNOW I can speak for this fan. The loss to the Giants was disappointing, as is every playoff loss. But there is no doubt that I would rather have the Packers go 15-1 and lose in the playoffs than to go 3-13. You see, I've experienced both and the latter was much worse. You Viking fans may feel differently since EVERY playoff season ends in disappointment for Viking fans. You see, it isn't like that for the 13 time world champions.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#18 Jun 19, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
If this about the Vikings I know the first FOUR most painful LMAO!!!!! Any guesses what those games would be?
Don't forget about the two title game losses. They would have been the best chance to win the SB
eric

Marshfield, WI

#19 Jun 19, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
If we talked Minnesota pain,id put the Hershall Walker trade up there.They build Dallas for decade. The draft when Minn couldnt get their pick in on time and a few teams flew past them.( getting off games but painfull the same)
game wise,,Are you thinking the lose to ATL in 98? when they were 15 wins nd the kicker missed the chip shot late?
BF INT costing them a shot at a FG from Longwell and a SB visit by beating N.O. a few years back.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#20 Jun 19, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
and of course we all knew where you were going,their SB loses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NFL Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, Says Talib (May '14) 1 hr Doc 699
Psychotherapist In Chicago Has 'Aha Moment' Wea... 7 hr McPoo 4
Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 8 hr Bill 163
New England Patriots Stock Watch: Darrelle Revi... 8 hr Tom 13
Los Angeles Rams fans alive and well, and their... 14 hr Muddy Crack 6
Oakland Raiders And Their 'Wondrous Energy' Get... 17 hr Dr Flatus 5
Jaguars sink to new low vs. Colts 17 hr Dr Flatus 3

NFL Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE