Jay Ambrose: Let the free market take care of global warming

Jul 15, 2012 Full story: Deseret News 34

I love living in the Rocky Mountains, where lions, elk, bears, foxes, chipmunks, rabbits and coyotes roam, where hawks fly high and the ponderosa pine stand tall.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#21 Jul 18, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
What could be more selfish than wanting to take other peoples money, so you're right that number is not small.
It is one thing for a person who has worked hard to attain the things he has to want to keep and protect those possessions, including money. I don't think that is selfish.
It is entirely different for another person to decide to take from the earner that which he has earned. that's selfish, actually that's government sanctioned theft.
You are not entitled to anything. You had the opportunity, the education, and you decided to take the easy way thru this life. Now you are envious of those who worked harder and achieved more.
You want to see 'selfish' go look at the man in the mirror, he represents millions of envious non producers.
If you believe that getting paid a decent amount for your labor and services is being selfish then I suppose I can understand what you believe. BTW, I have the education, worked hard, and am comfortably retired. But I understand that I was able to accomplish much because of the opportunities made possible our society. I certainly couldn't have done it all by myself. We are in this together. No man is an island. My advice to you is to quit listening to the propaganda of the agenda driven ultra right wing. Remember, they were in charge when the economy went down.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#22 Jul 18, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
I have the education
Lucky you, I didn't.
DumBozo wrote:
worked hard
You're not alone.
DumBozo wrote:
and am comfortably retired.
Me too.
DumBozo wrote:
But I understand that I was able to accomplish much because of the opportunities made possible [by] our society.
That's not a brilliant observation.
DumBozo wrote:
I certainly couldn't have done it all by myself.
Enough already, we get the point.
DumBozo wrote:
We are in this together.
Pile it higher and thicker.
DumBozo wrote:
No man is an island.
Sigh.
DumBozo wrote:
My advice to you is to quit listening to the propaganda of the agenda driven ultra right wing.
More boring politics.
DumBozo wrote:
Remember, they were in charge when the economy went down.
Don't you realise it wouldn't have mattered who was in charge, the economy was on the rocks and about to crumble?

Wichita, KS

#23 Jul 18, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Lucky you, I didn't.<quoted text>You're not alone.<quoted text>Me too.<quoted text>That's not a brilliant observation.<quoted text>Enough already, we get the point.<quoted text>Pile it higher and thicker.<quoted text>Sigh.<quoted text>More boring politics.<quoted text>Don't you realise it wouldn't have mattered who was in charge, the economy was on the rocks and about to crumble?
Such astuteness!
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#24 Jul 18, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that getting paid a decent amount for your labor and services is being selfish .
Never said that. What I said is because you settled for a paycheck that provided a comfortable living but no wealth, you are envious of those who took the chances and created wealth that you now want to take from them.

That is selfish.

#25 Jul 18, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
Such astuteness!
Thanks.

#26 Jul 18, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
Never said that. What I said is because you settled for a paycheck that provided a comfortable living but no wealth, you are envious of those who took the chances and created wealth that you now want to take from them.
That is selfish.
I wouldn't say selfish, it's typical of my generation who were born of poorer families and didn't quite make enough to satisfy themselves.
In the UK we call it "Keeping up with the Jones" and you know you've made it if your peers try to keep up with you.

Wichita, KS

#27 Jul 18, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
That is selfish.
Why would I be envious? Those with wealth seem to think that everyone is like them and values wealth above everything else. Our country rewards those who take chances, sometimes. What I am saying is that those who have been fortunate enough to get it all together didn't do it alone.Since they were lucky and reaped the rewards, they owe more to the system that made it possible. No man is an island.

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

#28 Jul 18, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be envious? Those with wealth seem to think that everyone is like them and values wealth above everything else. Our country rewards those who take chances, sometimes. What I am saying is that those who have been fortunate enough to get it all together didn't do it alone. Since they were lucky and reaped the rewards, they owe more to the system that made it possible. No man is an island.
I see you're defending President Obama's statement of the other day. You know what? If he looses in November, that sound bite will be one of the biggest reasons why.

Wichita, KS

#29 Jul 18, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're defending President Obama's statement of the other day. You know what? If he looses in November, that sound bite will be one of the biggest reasons why.
Interesting. If he said that it is another reason to vote for him.

#30 Jul 18, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
Why would I be envious?
I'm not surprised that you don't know why you are.
DumBozo wrote:
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
Say what?

Wichita, KS

#31 Jul 18, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not surprised that you don't know why you are.<quoted text>Say what?
"DumBozo wrote:
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island.
No man is an island."
I see that I am getting under your skin.

#32 Jul 18, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
It's crystal clear.
I see that I am getting under your skin.
Nah, you're just boring, grandpaw.
litesong

Everett, WA

#33 Jul 18, 2012
fun farts wrote:
What could be more selfish than wanting to take other peoples money.....
Correction:
What is more even than returning money to millions of people who added value to companies & those companies gave billions to a few paper shufflers, people shovers & hedge fund collaborators.

Wichita, KS

#34 Jul 18, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, you're just boring, grandpaw.
It is crystal clear that no man is an island!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wildfire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Australian bushfire survivors win record class ... Dec 23 Dutch expat 1
Santa Takes His Fire Truck Tour Through Coventr... Dec 20 Kyle 1
Martin Litton, pioneering wildland guardian, dies Dec 4 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Fire breaks out at nudist resort in Poconos Nov '14 nudistfriendfidner 1
Field fire outbreak continues (Oct '10) Nov '14 Bubbles21963 4
Elderly woman's body found near brush fire Nov '14 typical cover-up 1
The Day Ontonagon Burned: August 25, 1896 Oct '14 DGC 2
More from around the web