Remains of 500 animals said found at home

Dec 31, 2009 | Posted by: Dark_Island | Full story: www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Investigators recovered the remains of more than 500 animals after executing a search warrant Wednesday at a home in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, according to the city's chapter of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Jan 2, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parden pard

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Dec 31, 2009
All animals are welcome and safe where DR.VOODOO resides.!!!!
(must've gone to the Fred Kruger University)
(we no need no stinking campus)
weaselovercome

Agawam, MA

#2 Dec 31, 2009
Yum! A veritable New Year's smorgasbord!
podunk

Lineville, IA

#3 Dec 31, 2009
Well , they had plenty to eat on .....
pigpen

Burbank, IL

#4 Dec 31, 2009
what! this didnt happen in illinois?

“Don't snow me!”

Since: Sep 09

1 socket

#5 Dec 31, 2009
I thought this was a story about Ted Nuggent.

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 31, 2009
Hey, what's the problem?

Isn't this the "DIVERSITY" we are supposed-to embrace?

Nothing to fear... these will be our new 'fellow Americans' who will become assimilated into the ranks of full-fledged voters when the Dems get their way.

If this behavior is tolerated, who can say WHAT new crackpot religion's degradation will be next? The next Presidential election will TRUELY BE THE last stand for our traditional way of life. YOU will be choosing to grasp the last vestige of a free society, OR welcome in the second step in the new communist regime and even bolder thugs. If you choose to continue this 'change' government, then you deserve what you get: continued economic and moral decay, but only much faster and the complete loss of your liberty and identity. You may drive that last nail in the coffin, and America will become a two class society of a very-few super wealthy, and ALL the rest of us standing in bread lines every morning. The choice is yours.

Look at what has happened to the Brits with their lenient policies on immigration and diversity, and their eroded individual liberties.

"Big Brother" is already gearing-up for US, and there will only be one-more chance to keep him at at bay.

“It's great to be alive”

Level 1

Since: Oct 07

Central Illinois

#7 Dec 31, 2009
Somebody please tell me how one makes a "humanely sacrifice".....

“Don't snow me!”

1 socket

#8 Dec 31, 2009
Bubbletoes wrote:
Hey, what's the problem?
Isn't this the "DIVERSITY" we are supposed-to embrace?
Nothing to fear... these will be our new 'fellow Americans' who will become assimilated into the ranks of full-fledged voters when the Dems get their way.
If this behavior is tolerated, who can say WHAT new crackpot religion's degradation will be next? The next Presidential election will TRUELY BE THE last stand for our traditional way of life. YOU will be choosing to grasp the last vestige of a free society, OR welcome in the second step in the new communist regime and even bolder thugs. If you choose to continue this 'change' government, then you deserve what you get: continued economic and moral decay, but only much faster and the complete loss of your liberty and identity. You may drive that last nail in the coffin, and America will become a two class society of a very-few super wealthy, and ALL the rest of us standing in bread lines every morning. The choice is yours.
Look at what has happened to the Brits with their lenient policies on immigration and diversity, and their eroded individual liberties.
"Big Brother" is already gearing-up for US, and there will only be one-more chance to keep him at at bay.
What are you implying macho man. You gonna take to the streets with your guns and your dogs? Get over the fact that a majority of Americans voted for Obama, and voted in a majority of Democrat congressman and senators. If you want to go all "Waco" all I can say is remember Ruby Ridge.

“Watch out for snakes!”

Level 2

Since: Mar 08

Over There

#9 Dec 31, 2009
Where was Michael Vick?

Since: Nov 09

Wildomar, CA

#10 Dec 31, 2009
Constitutionally protected? How about if I want to do huaman sacrifices as part of my religion? I can think of a few folks who would be great sacrifices since they have no reason to exist...let's start with child molesters, rapists, gang members.... Seriously though, it's ok in America to kill innocent animals for some voodoo ritual (that's what it is, after all), yet we HAVE TO keep Manson and other murderers and molesters alive? God help all the horribly mistaken liberals out there.....

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#11 Dec 31, 2009
Freddy Von Fringle wrote:
Where was Michael Vick?
funny, sad, & true, all at the same time.
PhillySux

Glendale, AZ

#12 Dec 31, 2009
You're the morons who opened the door to Michael the murderer Vick. Proves what a low class slum philly is.

Since: Aug 09

Kempton, PA

#13 Jan 1, 2010
Bubbletoes wrote:
If this behavior is tolerated, who can say WHAT new crackpot religion's degradation will be next?
I agree that religious kooks ought to face greater state scrutiny and regulation, including the xstain talibangelical "reparations" therapy crew, the faith healers, the TV fundierai$ers, the ones who refuse vaccines and insist they have the right to beat their kids.

Also, the Philly police lie regularly, imo. I don't think 500 animals would fit in and under one house. And the person who was there and left to go back to Mexico wasn't living there long enough to kill that many animals. So we shall see.

Still repulsive, though. like so much of "religion." I'm just calling into question the initial accounts.

“Pompous pontificator”

Level 5

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#14 Jan 1, 2010
SCREAMING EUGENE wrote:
<quoted text>What are you implying macho man. You gonna take to the streets with your guns and your dogs? Get over the fact that a majority of Americans voted for Obama, and voted in a majority of Democrat congressman and senators. If you want to go all "Waco" all I can say is remember Ruby Ridge.
Someone has a very fertile imagination. Just to be sure, I re-read my comments and for-the-life-of-me can not find anything suggesting taking to the streets or guns or going "Waco".
I am amazed anybody could read this into it; I am merely urging my fellow Americans to vote to keep America strong and free. If you think there's more to it, you are mistaken and may be ultra sensitive to conservative values, likely due to a government education, a life of privilege, or both.

Diversity can be a good thing as-long-as all the players abide by the rules already in place. My ancestors did, just as the multitude of other immigrants to America did when they, collectively, made this nation what it was before 9-11.

Call me crazy, but I don't think our founding fathers would-have considered Voodoo and animal sacrifices to be a religion worthy of protection.
Bob

Chagrin Falls, OH

#15 Jan 1, 2010
New Fast Food Outlets:
McPup
KFC - Kentucky Fried Squirrel
Jack In The Boxer
Hen & Jerrys
thilly

Leicester, MA

#16 Jan 1, 2010
Bob wrote:
New Fast Food Outlets:
McPup
KFC - Kentucky Fried Squirrel
Jack In The Boxer
Hen & Jerrys
You forgot San Francisco's new fast food sensation: Burger Queen

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Level 5

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

#17 Jan 1, 2010
Personally, I don't see any God wanting goats, chickens, or any sacrifices.

I'm mean yuk, what is the attraction?

“Don't snow me!”

1 socket

#18 Jan 1, 2010
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone has a very fertile imagination. Just to be sure, I re-read my comments and for-the-life-of-me can not find anything suggesting taking to the streets or guns or going "Waco".
I am amazed anybody could read this into it; I am merely urging my fellow Americans to vote to keep America strong and free. If you think there's more to it, you are mistaken and may be ultra sensitive to conservative values, likely due to a government education, a life of privilege, or both.
Diversity can be a good thing as-long-as all the players abide by the rules already in place. My ancestors did, just as the multitude of other immigrants to America did when they, collectively, made this nation what it was before 9-11.
Call me crazy, but I don't think our founding fathers would-have considered Voodoo and animal sacrifices to be a religion worthy of protection.
Sorry, I couldnt agree with any part of your insane rant. You ilk somehow equates every crime commited as Obama's fault. Nobody's desputing that it is not ok to ritualisticly kill animals. But living in a democracy can sometime be a double edged sword. The republicans seem to forget that one of the main articles of our constitution is a right to a fair trail. Jailing people at Guamtomino bay without being charged with a crime, without representation is absolutly against what our founding fathers envisioned. No one is saying set them free. But in our court of laws, evidence aquired through torture is not admissable. Bush confronted with these truths replies that the constitution is only a piece of paper. All the frightwing has against Obama is lies and consperacy theories, while it was the evil idiot Bush who has damaged America so.

Since: Aug 09

Kempton, PA

#19 Jan 1, 2010
SCREAMING EUGENE wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody's desputing that it is not ok to ritualisticly kill animals. But living in a democracy can sometime be a double edged sword.
The local coverage of this story indicated that animal sacrifice is a religiously protected activity in the US. So people do dispute that, as does the law.(The animal care officials can get involved when there is "cruelty" to animals, and like so many things in the law, the line between sacrifice and cruelty becomes a battleground.)

The authorities only came into this house due to some abandoned, living dogs chained outside the house in question. When they got in they saw dead animals - a couple of monkeys apparently, for example - and some raised the possibility of animal cruelty and neglect, not just the protected sacrifice.

Sick, huh?
Glad

Hazard, KY

#20 Jan 1, 2010
That is sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most of my posts are: 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Princess Hey 145,249
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 38
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,834
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 19 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,156
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 21 min Debra27 6,640
Fergson Police Dept. 24 min TALLYHO 8541 385
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 28 min Grace Nerissa 35,986
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 18,593
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Krypteia 28,506
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••