Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,199)

Showing posts 43,961 - 43,980 of105,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Viruses are not "life" because they lack the machinery for self replication. Your post is entirely pointless.
By the way, you dodged the main point of my post. They have created active viruses from an ERV. How did they create an active virus from that bit of DNA unless that DNA was from a virus?

The article was linked once, do you need it linked again?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You are using evolution to argue evolution.
And yes OF COURSE I'm using evolution to argue for evolution. What the heck else would I do? Say "Here's Herod's tomb, LOOK THAT MEANZ EVOLUTION IZ TROOOOOOOO!!!"

Duh.
HTS wrote:
No one has proven that "ERVs" are the result of viral infections. You merely assume they are.
Not assumed, tested. In multiple different ways.

Don't lie, remember that God is watching.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence that they're not viral based is that they impart vital functionality. That is inconsistent with a random insertion. Of genetic material.
No it isn't. We know DNA has function. We know they insert DNA. It's PRECISELY the prediction made by evolution. But until you can answer my questions all you got is flat denial.

We don't care. Reality doesn't care.

Deal with it, wuss.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>As with all tenets of evolution, circular logic is the norm.
Ad hom. Deal with it wuss.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you demand a perfectly tight historical record, yet freely accept enormous gaps in th fossil record which refute evolution?
Gaps don't refute it. Gross inconsistencies (as in violations of nested hierarchies) would refute it. Go find us a pre-Cambrian rabbit. Heck, pretend there is no fossil record. DNA evidence alone cemented evolution so you're still screwed.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Your recycled homology argument has been soundly debunked over and over again. Your incessant citing of the same tired argument only underscores the weakness of your religion.
Projection.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Buckwheat, it is interesting to listen to you rant about brainwashing and child abuse. You are wallowing in base ignorance if you think the complexities of life proceeded from simple to complex by random forces. What scientific observation leads you to that conclusion? There is none. All you have is our religion of atheism. You have faith in e supernal power of mutations and natural selection. You have faith that millions of years can accomplish anything. What you pretend to be science is nothing but a stupid fairytale for grown ups.
Ad hom. Deal with it, wussy.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure...and if cows had gods, those gods would look like cows.
<quoted text>
You...you mean COWS ARE ATHEISTS?!?!
...;-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
HTS, you might think if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe you. They won't. We have debunked this particular canard so often all I need to say is, NO.
Can you please at least think up some new lies to use?
If only fundies HAD anything new that hasn't been debunked decades ago...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretending smart people are just as jacked up as you are is not a viable debate strategy.
Yeah, but IT'S ALL HE'S GOT, DAMMIT!!!

:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Ted, you're the liar. Here's a reminder of what was loudly proclaimed twenty years ago by leading evolutionists...
   For example, University of Chicago geneticist Dr. Jerry A. Coyne offered philosophical arguments to defend his conclusion that human DNA was not intelligently designed. These arguments were founded on the existence of perceived worthless segments of genetic code. In defending evolution, he wrote,
"Perfect design would truly be the sign of a skilled and intelligent designer. Imperfect design is the mark of evolution... we expect to find, in the genomes of many species, silenced, or 'dead,' genes: genes that once were useful but are no longer intact or expressed. These are called pseudogenes... the evolutionary prediction that we'll find pseudogenes has been fulfilled—amply. Indeed, our genome—and that of other species—are truly well populated graveyards of dead genes" 
*, Dr. Jerry, Why Evolution Is True, pp. 67, 81
  Brown University biologist Kenneth R. Miller wrote, 
"The human genome is littered with pseudogenes, gene fragments, "orphaned" genes, "junk" DNA, and so many repeated copies of pointless DNA sequences that cannot be attributed to anything that resembles intelligent design.... In fact, the genome resembles nothing so much as a hodgepodge of borrowed, copied, mutated, and discarded sequences and commands that has been cobbled together by millions of years of trial and error against the relentless test of survival." 
*"Life's Grand Design," Technology Review, February/March 1994
And pity, you can't demonstrate them wrong. What use are chicken teeth?

And why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

never mind the two ypos.

And the narrative shows that acting is a free choice.
From a christian viewpoint that takes a omni-potent god for granted it would have been so easy to prevent Adam and Eve from ever even coming near that tree.
So free will is a given. That also implies a freedom of thought, and not to be judged unless one acts or refrains from doing the proper thing.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Viruses are not "life" because they lack the machinery for self replication. Your post is entirely pointless.
Well they straddle the line. Either way you still haven't been able to deal. Why is that?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, you dodged the main point of my post. They have created active viruses from an ERV. How did they create an active virus from that bit of DNA unless that DNA was from a virus?
The article was linked once, do you need it linked again?
After all, DNA with function has SPECIFIC PURPOSES, ain't that right HTS? So I gotta wonder why ERV's are capped at both ends with proteins whose only purpose is to insert retroviruses into host genomes, and why ERV's within each species have also been subjected to genetic drift consistent with nested hierarchies, for which there would be no reason to expect this at all.

I guess we can add those to the other questions he can't answer too.

But then it's not the first time I've asked him these ones either.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not aware that having the "machinery for self replication" is a prerequisite for life. I have always heard that the ability to self replicate was a requirement for life and viruses have that.
You're probably well familiar with most of this: Viruses are sufficiently different from cells that they are generally not considered alive. Here's one of several definitions of life that pertains to all plants, animals, fungi, and unicellular life. Look at how many a virus doesn't do:

[1] active movement (may be subcellular only)
[2] obtain nutrients
[3] metabolize / channel and store energy / generate heat
[4] eliminate waste
[5] complex organization (organelles, organ systems)
[6] cellular
[7] organic
[8] growth / development
[9] reproduction / replication
[10] homeostasis / repair
[11] sensitive / responsive
[12] adapts / evolves
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And pity, you can't demonstrate them wrong. What use are chicken teeth?
And why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?
You're living in the dark ages, Dude. The junk DNA paradigm is dead. The grand evolutionary prediction was DEAD WRONG. Do you know what the hallmarck of a flawed hypothesis is? THE FAILURE TO MAKE ACCURATE SCIENTIFIC PREDICTIONS.
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

---------Romney Hits Obama's 'Confusing' Policy
Full story: ABC News
Mitt Romney 's campaign has sharply escalated its attacks on President Obama's "confusing" foreign policies , assailing the president for a series of issues ranging from the death of an ambassador in Libya to the president's refusal to meet with the Israeli prime minister.--------

==========Is Obama "confusing"?-------- -But he is really confused.---------

Obama is merely one with Infinite stupidity which is equal to the monumental, large magnitude of the Infinite universe, in the possessing of his Infinite confusion, to make the coming out of his Infinite confusing policies so showing, because he is so monumentally confused as always, all the time as usual.

Obama favors no safeguard from economics to security of US people's rights, but gives the kingdom of paradise to foreigners, aliens, visa-holders and tourists for no American dream,in his confusing policies too.

Obama's confusing policies do that confusion, which is not confusing to him only in the position not as a king, because he knows that he is no king, but the Candidate Obama from his saying--he is the Candidate, but also the president, wanting and waiting to be fired-- which will not confuse anybody.
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they straddle the line. Either way you still haven't been able to deal. Why is that?
What are you talking about. The ERV/junk DNA paradigm is a failed hypothesis. ERV's are functional and are therefore not past viral infections, regardless of how much you wish they were. How many times do I have to explain this to you? It is impossible to randomly insert a meaningless sequence of nucleotides into DNA and result in a vital function to the host. I know you don't get it, because evolutionists categorically ignore any improbability. They think a monkey can type Shakespeare.
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

JBH wrote:
---------Romney Hits Obama's 'Confusing' Policy
Full story: ABC News
Mitt Romney 's campaign has sharply escalated its attacks on President Obama's "confusing" foreign policies , assailing the president for a series of issues ranging from the death of an ambassador in Libya to the president's refusal to meet with the Israeli prime minister.--------
==========Is Obama "confusing"?-------- -But he is really confused.---------
Obama is merely one with Infinite stupidity which is equal to the monumental, large magnitude of the Infinite universe, in the possessing of his Infinite confusion, to make the coming out of his Infinite confusing policies so showing, because he is so monumentally confused as always, all the time as usual.
Obama favors no safeguard from economics to security of US people's rights, but gives the kingdom of paradise to foreigners, aliens, visa-holders and tourists for no American dream,in his confusing policies too.
Obama's confusing policies do that confusion, which is not confusing to him only in the position not as a king, because he knows that he is no king, but the Candidate Obama from his saying--he is the Candidate, but also the president, wanting and waiting to be fired-- which will not confuse anybody.
It's undeniable that Obama's foreign policy has been a dismal failure. His failure to meet with Netenyahu is a disgrace. I agree with you... his stupidity is astounding.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Coupla incoherent Jackasses for Jesus agreeing with one another. Big news! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,961 - 43,980 of105,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••