Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
37,921 - 37,940 of 115,245 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#39372 Aug 20, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
As i said, nothing can evolve without maker
And as I said, why not?
Charles Idemi wrote:
mutation is just a change in the pigmentation of the gene
Mutation has nothing to do with "pigmentation". It has to do with changes during reproduction.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#39373 Aug 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Oh, how are you coming with explaining Chromosome 2? Or are you afraid to tackle that one?(Let me guess, you're going to whine that it's "scientific jargon", which means only that you don't understand any of the science involved.)
<quoted text>
As I clearly said above, afraid of tackling the question "How do you explain Chromosome 2?". So how do you explain it?
<quoted text>
And I ask you yet again: Why not?
Now you've got *2* questions that you're trying to avoid answering.
<quoted text>
You're still avoiding answering the questions. What are afraid of?
<quoted text>
Mutation and natural selection.
<quoted text>
On the contrary, it has long had an answer. Here you go:
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC050.h...
Lastly, the theory of natural selection, is just the character exhibited by both the plant and animal species, already created by their parents(maker)...
This is the struggle for survival...
Look elsewhere...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#39374 Aug 20, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that "chemistry is itself the information?". What does that mean? It's the arrangement and sequence of nucleotides that comprises the information.
DNA is a chemical road map, in chemistry we call it a formula. You cellular animals that make up your body are just reacting to chemical reactions, which produce more chemical reactions based on the genetic formula in that cell. This is the easy part of cell theory, sheesh.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#39375 Aug 20, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Try and understand the course, Biology. As i said, nothing can evolve without maker, mutation is just a change in the pigmentation of the gene, already created by the parents(maker)...
Individuals do not evolve.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#39376 Aug 20, 2012
GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK..are ya all still hammering away at this subject?? GIVE IT UP. ya all know the REAL FREAKIN' answer....NOW, don't ya??
Maccoat

Franklin, PA

#39377 Aug 20, 2012
Hey guys, did you miss me.

Level 2

Location hidden

#39378 Aug 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutation is a natural process. We observe this process acting in nature without any intelligence behind it.
Natural selection is a natural process. We observe this process acting in nature without any intelligence behind it.
The results of these natural processes is the evolution of a living population. In some cases, it results in speciation.
And after many many hundreds of millions of years, it results in every living species you see in the world today.
Now, let's go back to the question you're afraid of: How do you explain human Chromosome 2?
This hundred millions of years are just exaggerations or simply farce. You guys can never deny the handiwork of a creator...
The line is drawn, you guys have no evidence. Good day...

Level 2

Location hidden

#39379 Aug 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutation is a natural process. We observe this process acting in nature without any intelligence behind it.
Natural selection is a natural process. We observe this process acting in nature without any intelligence behind it.
The results of these natural processes is the evolution of a living population. In some cases, it results in speciation.
And after many many hundreds of millions of years, it results in every living species you see in the world today.
Now, let's go back to the question you're afraid of: How do you explain human Chromosome 2?
Your position are without any clear evidence. Chromosomes 2, is never the issue, the issue is that, you guys have no clear evidence confirming your positions...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#39380 Aug 20, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>This hundred millions of years are just exaggerations or simply farce. You guys can never deny the handiwork of a creator...
Yes, we know your puny brain is incapable of handling large numbers.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#39381 Aug 20, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK..are ya all still hammering away at this subject?? GIVE IT UP. ya all know the REAL FREAKIN' answer....NOW, don't ya??
Bye then.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#39382 Aug 20, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>This hundred millions of years are just exaggerations or simply farce. You guys can never deny the handiwork of a creator...
Can't deny it.

You've given us nothing to deny.(shrug)

Level 2

Location hidden

#39383 Aug 20, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You were born with over a hundred mutations which neither of your parents have. This is a natural byproduct of being born.
So, how can the cell develop to form a life, without the intercourse of the parents(maker)??
God is great!!!
No cell, no mutations, period...

Level 2

Location hidden

#39384 Aug 20, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You were born with over a hundred mutations which neither of your parents have. This is a natural byproduct of being born.
WRONG!
All in caps...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#39385 Aug 20, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
Hi Jesus Freak. STILL not interested in your simple-minded proselytizing!:)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#39386 Aug 20, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep bringing up atheists even though I haven't made a single atheistic claim. The only logical conclusion here is that you're a creationist. None of the evidence I've presented for evolution has anything to do with atheism. All you do is disagree and call it "atheism".
Heck, you even called geology "atheism".
If you talk stupid, expect to be treated as such.(shrug)
In a sense all science are "atheistic". Geology does not acknowledge the existence of god nor ask for when in doing its work, nor do physics, biology, or chemistry. And these science may even promote atheism. They answer the questions of life much better than the answers you get in any religious text. No miraculous flood is needed that leaves no mark and no answer to where the water came from and where it went to. No descent from a single pair of people in the last six thousand years, which would have resulted in a huge genetic bottle neck. Look at what happened with the cheetah. No need for any of the myths in the Bible to be true.

Level 2

Location hidden

#39387 Aug 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
And as I said, why not?
<quoted text>
Mutation has nothing to do with "pigmentation". It has to do with changes during reproduction.
Show me any living thing, especially animals that came on their own, without their parents or maker?
You don't understand mutation, there was an intercouse by both parents, before mutations...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#39388 Aug 20, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG!
All in caps...
You really do like denial. Every physical trait you have that is not present in your parents is a mutation. Every nuance that differs between you and your parents is a mutation. Deny it all you want, that won't change reality. Most mutations are cosmetic or inconsequential.

Level 2

Location hidden

#39389 Aug 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Individuals do not evolve.
Ofcourse!
That is why evolution evolution has no basis...

Level 2

Location hidden

#39390 Aug 20, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we know your puny brain is incapable of handling large numbers.
You have no case to answer. Good luck???

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#39391 Aug 20, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Ofcourse!
That is why evolution evolution has no basis...
The theory of evolution does not assert that individuals evolve, it states very clearly that populations evolve. Individuals evolving is what creationists assert.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 8 min SLY WEST 25,833
Fergson Police Dept. 18 min TALLYHO 8541 387
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 18 min Princess Hey 39
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min Tom2Tone 145,251
The letter R (Jun '13) 20 min Doug77 584
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 20 min Big dawg 6,641
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Grace Nerissa 35,988
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 18,593
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Krypteia 28,506
•••