Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
36,241 - 36,260 of 114,598 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Years of testing of evolution? Like the failed junk DNA paradigm and the collapse of genetic determinism?
I don't understand. Please be kind enough to explain what that means and how it falsifies evolution.

Please provide reverences and citations, hopefully from websites that don't proclaim the Westminster Profession of Faith or any of its many variants.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wasting your time with aimless babbling. All you can do is make unsubstantiated generalizations and then attempt to justify your religion by falsely stating that everyone accepts it. The validity of a theory is NEVER established by a vote.
Neither does repeating a false one repeatedly make it true.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
While you arrogantly mock the faith of others, you yourself play god by imagining what the world would be like if you designed it. Then you take your childish intuitions and use them to prop up what you consider "science". Evolution is clearly a secular religion, requiring faith in myth and miracle. The only difference between an atheist and a theist is that the atheist propagates scientific fraud in the vain attempt to validate his religion.
I've got a religion: "We profess your resurection until your return."

I've got an education: Two science degrees with strong foundation in literature, languages and theology.

I know the difference between science and religion.

In the future, as I've requested before, don't be so arrogant as to tell me what I think.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
While you arrogantly mock the faith of others, you yourself play god by imagining what the world would be like if you designed it. Then you take your childish intuitions and use them to prop up what you consider "science". Evolution is clearly a secular religion, requiring faith in myth and miracle. The only difference between an atheist and a theist is that the atheist propagates scientific fraud in the vain attempt to validate his religion.
I'm not mocking your faith. I'm mocking your moronic equation of science to atheism.

You never did indicate anything in the entire universe you feel qualified to debate. Did you?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Young Earthers are all idiots. None of their claims can be substantiated by science. And don't be so quick to put down data. In the world of science that is all we ever have. Yes, some religiously backward countries have trouble accepting evolution. That does not make it untrue. Look at how long all of the various religions have been around. By your logic they are all false, hey that's right. They all have had over 1,000 years to convince people. By your reasoning that means they are false since none of them have convinced even a third of the people in the world they are right.
Obviously how many people believe an idea has nothing to do with its validity. What does matter is the sort of people who believe an idea. If only uneducated idiots believe an idea, like a young Earthers, then it is reasonable to assume that idea is wrong. If over 99% of the people who have studied the Earth, applying the scientific method and using all scientific tools available believe the Earth to be 4.5 billion years old, then they are probably right.
You are not paying attention. I never put down the data, not once. That would be madness. It is how it is interpreted that remains, and will always remain, in question.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that was that man's own interpretation of evolution. There are many scientists who are Christian and have no problem with evolution. In other words, you failed again, even though you had to quote mine. Try again.
That is correct. It was Christians and others that came up with the foundation of evolution before Darwin.

But there has always been problems with evolution as a theory, problems that, without all the ideological and political corruption, would have passed into obscurity with all bad theories.

The Big Bang theory, for example, is far from secure, just as many theories.

To deny this, is to do a grave disservice to science. Stop it.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, you don't like it when your individual claims are laid bare and exposed for what they are.
<quoted text>
Not going to happen. You don't get to dictate how I reply to you.
If you ignore my responses, it won't change the fact that I'll continue to respond to your unsubstantiated claims, making each one of them clear, and everyone else will notice that you're unable to respond to them.
No, Drew, I plainly don't respond to broken posts, on any topic whatsoever. Now you are being dishonest, and uncivil. Yes, I DO GET TO DICTATE HOW YOU REPLY TO ME. If you do not comply, I will never comply with you. You may, of course, do the same.

You method is unnecessary, and often too abused on forums to take points out of context. I choose not to accept such a dialogue. This will be your last warning.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
There wasn't any mention of magical spaceships in Genesis.
The Garden of Eden would quickly have filled to capacity, becoming a hell on Earth.
The idea that there was no death prior to Adam's sin is just another silly fairy tale.
What is a magical spaceship, Drew?

Why do you think that the Bible is literal?

Fairy tales are from the Celts. There are no fairies in Middle Eastern lore, unless you count the Persian peri and devi.

Are you claiming that science will not one day conquer death? What can be done in the future, could have been done in the past. The universe is very old, and very large, Drew.

Your closed-minded, intolerant attitude will not be tolerated. ;)

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
"The theory of evolution assumes there is no God."
"No gods worth having exist."
The devil is in the details.
Anyway, your quote is not scientific, it is philosophical.
And philosophy, theology, and one's world views all have profound implications for scientific inquiry. One who holds to false premises will inevitably create false hypothesis. Groups who hold to false premises will inevitably corrupt science.

Never underestimate the influence of philosophy upon science.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I said *human* life, which is what the silly fundie implied.(Unfortunately he's too dumb to type properly to even tell whether that's what he actually meant or not).
Sure, one of the things they are looking for is signs of life, either past or present - Mars had water and a thicker atmosphere in the past. But the methane detected today could well be from subterranean life which would be relatively safe from radioactive bombardment. We have underground colonies of bacteria and insects which produce the same thing. Or the methane could be due to some as yet unknown geological process.
Ack! Excuse the slip! Thanks for the soft touch on the correction. And yes, the methane could be just an expression of naturally forming gas, no life is necessary for that.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a religion: "We profess your resurection until your return."
I've got an education: Two science degrees with strong foundation in literature, languages and theology.
I know the difference between science and religion.
In the future, as I've requested before, don't be so arrogant as to tell me what I think.
If I may kindly interject, which regards to science and religion, there is no difference in Christianity. The whole basis of Christ is that He was witnesses to have walked the earth. History is the scientific data, and unless Christ is exactly who He said He is, God, Christianity is not only false, but a dangerous and worthless ideology based on a lie.

Religion is not exempt from science, or rather, the pursuit of knowledge. No institution has ever endured so long as the Church, this is a scientific fact. Without the use of science to tell us this, there is no reason to pay any special attention to the Church, or any of its claims.

However, with science, all other religions fail ... but one. Of course, that is a terrifying thing to behold. And, it is the principle reason why so many Church Fathers came from the ranks of atheists, and amongst the educated. It was the educated, not the superstitious, that first converted to Christianity, for scientific reasons.

Atheists no that the one way to destroy this particular religion is to separate it from science.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And philosophy, theology, and one's world views all have profound implications for scientific inquiry. One who holds to false premises will inevitably create false hypothesis. Groups who hold to false premises will inevitably corrupt science.
Never underestimate the influence of philosophy upon science.
Yes the topix theist will stop at nothing in effort to inject science with their philosophy.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ack! Excuse the slip! Thanks for the soft touch on the correction. And yes, the methane could be just an expression of naturally forming gas, no life is necessary for that.
But is a indicator of possible carbon based life as nearly all life on earth including micro organisms produce methane gas in decomposing biological matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Mexi Melt wrote:
Xcuse my beauty!
Why? What did she do?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Drew, I plainly don't respond to broken posts, on any topic whatsoever. Now you are being dishonest, and uncivil. Yes, I DO GET TO DICTATE HOW YOU REPLY TO ME. If you do not comply, I will never comply with you. You may, of course, do the same.
You method is unnecessary, and often too abused on forums to take points out of context. I choose not to accept such a dialogue. This will be your last warning.
Tell Drew you can't answer scientific questions because ..well that's cheating to expect you to play by the rules.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But is a indicator of possible carbon based life as nearly all life on earth including micro organisms produce methane gas in decomposing biological matter.
No chit?!!!

Hahahahahhaaa!

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes the topix theist will stop at nothing in effort to inject science with their philosophy.
Yes the topix atheist will stop at nothing in effort to inject science with their philosophy ... in this case secular humanism.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree that there was once a time in Earth's history when there was no life at all?
Sure. Drew's a remnant of an echo of "non-life".

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Tell Drew you can't answer scientific questions because ..well that's cheating to expect you to play by the rules.
Why would I do that? His butchering of posts has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand.

We should all play by the rules. Science demands it. But evolutionists are not doing that, at all.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct. It was Christians and others that came up with the foundation of evolution before Darwin.
But there has always been problems with evolution as a theory, problems that, without all the ideological and political corruption, would have passed into obscurity with all bad theories.
The Big Bang theory, for example, is far from secure, just as many theories.
To deny this, is to do a grave disservice to science. Stop it.
How is the Big Bang in any sort of trouble at all? There may be some debate about what caused the expansion, not really a bang by the way, but the fact that the universe as we know it started from a very small point is almost universally (no pun intended) accepted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••