Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
35,961 - 35,980 of 114,900 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I see you are tired of those charitable loving Christians and now you think the world should give those nice gay-homo communist God-hating satan-worshiping illuminati conspirators a chance at everybody. They all have nice intentions I guess????
Is it a full moon out?
Elohim

Deep River, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
Next, Discord...We Have Global Warming
With Insufficient Science And False Manipulated Data, Science, Bought And Paid For Science, Tried To Pull The Wool To Promote Carbon Credits.
Why, You Ask ?
Each And Every Scientist Is Human. They Need Housing, Food, College Funds For Kids...ETC
Government Grants Produce Those Needs And Security.
One Grant Could Last Ten Years Or More...Thats A lot Of Starbucks.....Wake Up
Don't forget about those FEMA concentration camps, the Perpetual Motion Machine at Area 51, and who knows what's hidden under The Pope's feet.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I see you are tired of those charitable loving Christians and now you think the world should give those nice gay-homo communist God-hating satan-worshiping illuminati conspirators a chance at everybody. They all have nice intentions I guess????
Charitable loving christians? The more we remove religion from our world, the better our societies become.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's what they needed after sacrament was over.
You mean, after they ate his body and drank his blood?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, after they ate his body and drank his blood?

yep

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
Next, Discord...We Have Global Warming
With Insufficient Science And False Manipulated Data, Science, Bought And Paid For Science, Tried To Pull The Wool To Promote Carbon Credits.
Why, You Ask ?
Each And Every Scientist Is Human. They Need Housing, Food, College Funds For Kids...ETC
Government Grants Produce Those Needs And Security.
One Grant Could Last Ten Years Or More...Thats A lot Of Starbucks.....Wake Up
Private corporations hire scientists to dispute global warming, so both sides have a financial incentive. I assume your cynicism about humanity extends to corporations.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
Well, as long as you are looking at this rationally...

Oh, and you forgot abortions.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Charitable loving christians? The more we remove religion from our world, the better our societies become.
charitable loving christians? Isn't that an oxymoron

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a full moon out?
Oh come on, that myth has been busted more times than the myth of there being a god...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
yep
LOL that is sick!
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Besides being stupid , you double as an idiot.
Well....Aren't You The Intellectual ?

Is This How You Promote Your Faith ?

In Real Life...Id Bend You Like A Pretzel And Let You Drink A Straw Out Of Your Azz.

Other Then That....I Appreciate Your Juvenile Combativeness.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Private corporations hire scientists to dispute global warming, so both sides have a financial incentive. I assume your cynicism about humanity extends to corporations.
Yes Sir....I Tend To Think Mankind Is Lost....Other Then The Hard Working Middle Class...

Greed, Coruption, Agendas, Political Hacks, Entitlements....

This Is Not America Anymore.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Sir....I Tend To Think Mankind Is Lost....Other Then The Hard Working Middle Class...
Greed, Coruption, Agendas, Political Hacks, Entitlements....
This Is Not America Anymore.
so the future of mankind hangs on what happens here in the USA??

man talk about American exceptionalism.....

The world's population is approximately 7 Billion of which 300 million are Americans or about 5% of the world population but yet that 5% is the detemining factor of the fate of mankind

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

HTS wrote:
What is critical is to look at what can falsify a theory. This is where evolution falls flat on its face.
Then show us something which falsifies Evolution.
If there are any mammal, reptile, and amphibian fossils dating all the way back to pre-Cambrian times, I would like to know about them.
If there is a dating instrument which stops at 4004 BC and dates anything and everything as younger than that, I would like to know about it.
If there is any other explanation for vestigial organs and embryo development, I would like to know about it.
If there is any other explanation for junk DNA, I would like to know about it.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so the future of mankind hangs on what happens here in the USA??
man talk about American exceptionalism.....
The world's population is approximately 7 Billion of which 300 million are Americans or about 5% of the world population but yet that 5% is the detemining factor of the fate of mankind
Didn't Mean To Insult Your Liberal Slant....America " Is " The Greatest Country To Ever Be Known On Earth...I Wont Apologize For That.

While Other Countries Diddle Monkeys And Create Aids....WE Have Protected, Fed, Clothed, Built, Taught, Gave...Until We Bled.

This Did Not Come From Liberals/ Atheists...This Came From Religious Patriots...Who Understand Liberty And Freedom Does Not Mean Entitlements. It Does Not Mean Free Health Care,

The Rest Of The World Aspires To Be Like Us....Liberals Aspire To Be Like The Rest Of The World.

Exceptional-ism ?....You Bet

And Damn Proud Of It.

Level 5

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
My religion teaches true love.
So does Evolutionary theory.
The word "love" is a handy umbrella term for instincts which we share with many other species.

Since our species has the longest childhood of any animal species, and since our species is highly susceptible to venereal disease, it is in our Evolutionary interests to practice monogamy.
That's where romantic love comes in.

Since mammal juveniles cannot survive without parental supervision, it is in our Evolutionary interests to care for our young.
That's where maternal and paternal love come in.

Since our ancestors hunted in packs, it was in our Evolutionary interests to make friends with same-sex peers.
That's where brotherly love comes in.

Level 5

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>If you think anyone has anything more than a miniscule understanding of embryogenesis you're gravely mistaken.
All right, then, I'll admit it: I don't know what creates embryos.
Now what does that prove, that God did it?

At one time, people didn't know that the Sun is a mass of hydrogen and helium, so they had to invent a Sun god.
At one time, people didn't know that thunder was caused by hot air meeting cold air, so they had to invent a thunder god.
In short, for every gap, there is a god.

Maybe there is a god who created that mass of hydrogen and helium.
I don't know.
Maybe there is a god who puts hot air in contact with cold air.
I don't know.
What I do know is that it is not constructive to abandon all scientific inquiry with the words "God did it."

So with all due respect to your embryo god, I continue to hope that we will someday find out what creates embryos.
Dr Rain

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
Heres One Fine Example Of Agendas In Science....Greedy Big oil Buys Sciences Findings To Falsely Project Peak Oil And A Finite Limit, To Force The Price Higher.
Theres More Oil In The Corners Of Colorado, Utah, And Wyoming, Then All Of The Acknoledged Oil Combined In The World....If Fact, Enough To Last 400 Years At Todays Pace.
For Awhile My Dad Was A Head Driller In Wyoming, I Was Fortunate Enough To Read A Report By Rand Corp....Peak Oil Is A Myth
Wolverine you have a poor understanding of how oil prices are set. Speculators are who set prices. It is not based on limits but on greed. I'd be happy to provide you with many primers but my guess is you arent interested in the facts.

What is sad is that we have all the necessary tech to move away from oil (e.g. electric) but because there is more to bilk of the masses through ignorance and stupidity we are where we are today.

So please stop with your tin hat consipracies and read the facts.
Dr Rain

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
This Came From Religious Patriots...Who Understand Liberty And Freedom Does Not Mean Entitlements. It Does Not Mean Free Health Care,
You do recall Jesus was a Liberal and believed in helping the less fortunate and hence was all for free health care. The real hypocrisy is that you religious types don't read your own Bible before making things up.

Studies show more Atheists have read the Bible than religious folks. No one is surprised by that.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Dr Rain wrote:
<quoted text>
You do recall Jesus was a Liberal and believed in helping the less fortunate and hence was all for free health care. The real hypocrisy is that you religious types don't read your own Bible before making things up.
Studies show more Atheists have read the Bible than religious folks. No one is surprised by that.
Not only read the bible but undrstood it. Atheists have a far better understanding of religions than those that purport to be of that faith.(probably why they are atheists...understanding a religion is the first step to shunning it.)

"Religion allows you to understand everthing without knowing anything..." Can't remember who said that, maybe it was me...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Words or names starting and ending with the sam... 3 min Nobody 2 Special 203
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Princess Hey 144,967
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min Sublime1 18,259
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,941
OMG! Just look at this! 9 min Grace Nerissa 1
What's your tip for the day? 10 min Emerald 769
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 16 min Princess Hey 11,512
Fergson Police Dept. 19 min Grace Nerissa 267
•••
Enter and win $5000