Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 1,799)

Showing posts 35,961 - 35,980 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
The empty tomb?
Yeah, but didn't you hear? They found the jesus family tomb! They even found an ossuary for jesus!!

Why they needed a bone box for jesus, if the first tomb was truly empty, I don't know. LOL!

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your incessant parroting of "goddidit" is stupid, because you simply think "EVOLUTIONDIDIT"
In the last page I presented a scenario where God is responsible. Does that mean we stop investigating?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Okay, that's enough for one night. It's time to make those darn Germans fall before the might of mighty Rome.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
In the last page I presented a scenario where God is responsible. Does that mean we stop investigating?
In his case, yes.

Except they haven't even started yet.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's tomorrow and it's abiotic but it doesn't exist , oil is biotic.
Wanna Bet ?

Heres One Fine Example Of Agendas In Science....Greedy Big oil Buys Sciences Findings To Falsely Project Peak Oil And A Finite Limit, To Force The Price Higher.

Theres More Oil In The Corners Of Colorado, Utah, And Wyoming, Then All Of The Acknoledged Oil Combined In The World....If Fact, Enough To Last 400 Years At Todays Pace.

For Awhile My Dad Was A Head Driller In Wyoming, I Was Fortunate Enough To Read A Report By Rand Corp....Peak Oil Is A Myth
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

RAND Infrastructure, Safety and Environment

Abstract

Developing the nation’s massive oil shale resources would yield strategically significant benefits. Higher world oil prices and recent technological achievements are generating renewed interest in oil shale. Based on technical design needs, initial commercial operations are likely more than a decade away. Technological, economic, and environmental uncertainties are pervasive. To support permitting and land management decisions, government planning and preparatory efforts should begin as soon as there are clear indications of major private-sector investments toward commercialization.

Since the early 1980s, oil shale — sedimentary rock that contains solid bituminous materials that are released as petroleum-like liquids when the rock is heated — has not been on the U.S. energy policy agenda. But with oil prices hovering above $60 per barrel and the demand for oil continuing to grow, interest in oil shale is also growing. In particular, oil shale is explicitly addressed in the Energy Policy Act of 2005. But the prospects for a viable oil shale industry are unclear; what knowledge we have is based on assessments that are clearly dated.

RAND Corporation research seeks to address this concern by providing an updated assessment.

The Oil Shale Resource Base

The Green River Formation, which covers parts of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming, has the largest known oil shale deposits in the world, holding from 1.5 to 1.8 trillion barrels of oil. Of that, roughly 800 billion barrels are recoverable — more than triple Saudi Arabia’s proven oil reserves. Present U.S. demand for petroleum products is about 20 million barrels per day, so 800 billion barrels would last for more than 400 years if oil shale could be used to meet a quarter of that demand.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Next, Discord...We Have Global Warming

With Insufficient Science And False Manipulated Data, Science, Bought And Paid For Science, Tried To Pull The Wool To Promote Carbon Credits.

Why, You Ask ?

Each And Every Scientist Is Human. They Need Housing, Food, College Funds For Kids...ETC

Government Grants Produce Those Needs And Security.

One Grant Could Last Ten Years Or More...Thats A lot Of Starbucks.....Wake Up

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but didn't you hear? They found the jesus family tomb! They even found an ossuary for jesus!!
Why they needed a bone box for jesus, if the first tomb was truly empty, I don't know. LOL!

Because that's what they needed after sacrament was over.
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't buy genetic determinism the way you've presented it and I doubt it was accepted by the biological community as a whole either. But then this subject doesn't address evolution as a whole, it's more about HOW exactly evolution occurred. Debates like this are normal in every scientific field.
Now if you have something like for example, a human being born with the DNA of a cactus then I'll grant you you've found evidence against evolution.
It's obvious that you blindly accept what you want to believe, rather than actually examining the eivdence. You think that if a lot of people with credentials agree with you that you're safe.
DNA from cactus producing a human... So you think I need to show you a scientific impossibility for you to reject evolution?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna Bet ?
Heres One Fine Example Of Agendas In Science....Greedy Big oil Buys Sciences Findings To Falsely Project Peak Oil And A Finite Limit, To Force The Price Higher.
Theres More Oil In The Corners Of Colorado, Utah, And Wyoming, Then All Of The Acknoledged Oil Combined In The World....If Fact, Enough To Last 400 Years At Todays Pace.
For Awhile My Dad Was A Head Driller In Wyoming, I Was Fortunate Enough To Read A Report By Rand Corp....Peak Oil Is A Myth
Besides being stupid , you double as an idiot.
RU CRS

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And the "other side" is simply anyone who doesn't believe as you do, yes?
I agree, they ARE a danger to your freedom. They don't want you to be free to indoctrinate everyone else's kids with your BS because you're not satisfied with only having the right to do it to your own.
OK, I see you are tired of those charitable loving Christians and now you think the world should give those nice gay-homo communist God-hating satan-worshiping illuminati conspirators a chance at everybody. They all have nice intentions I guess????
Elohim

Chester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you can't "show" anything. You can contrive stories of how you think it happened. Ou think man evolved from a worm? Show me one tiny step in the process that has been scientifically proven.
I'm not citing caricatures... You think man evolved from a worm. Face up to your religious beliefs rather than insult the religions of others.
AAAhhh....the worm again. Where did you get this repeated line of b.s? From a Chick tract you found at a 76 truck stop? Speaking for myself, i have no religious beliefs tho many others on the board are Catholic, Unitarian, Protestant of different strips, Jew etc.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I see you are tired of those charitable loving Christians and now you think the world should give those nice gay-homo communist God-hating satan-worshiping illuminati conspirators a chance at everybody. They all have nice intentions I guess????
Is it a full moon out?
Elohim

Chester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
With Insufficient Science And False Manipulated Data, Science, Bought And Paid For Science, Tried To Pull The Wool To Promote Carbon Credits.
Why, You Ask ?
Each And Every Scientist Is Human. They Need Housing, Food, College Funds For Kids...ETC
Don't forget about those FEMA concentration camps, the Perpetual Motion Machine at Area 51, and who knows what's hidden under The Pope's feet.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I see you are tired of those charitable loving Christians and now you think the world should give those nice gay-homo communist God-hating satan-worshiping illuminati conspirators a chance at everybody. They all have nice intentions I guess????
Charitable loving christians? The more we remove religion from our world, the better our societies become.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's what they needed after sacrament was over.
You mean, after they ate his body and drank his blood?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, after they ate his body and drank his blood?

yep

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
Why, You Ask ?
Private corporations hire scientists to dispute global warming, so both sides have a financial incentive. I assume your cynicism about humanity extends to corporations.

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

RU CRS wrote:
Well, as long as you are looking at this rationally...

Oh, and you forgot abortions.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Charitable loving christians? The more we remove religion from our world, the better our societies become.
charitable loving christians? Isn't that an oxymoron

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,961 - 35,980 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••