Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
24,181 - 24,200 of 113,281 Comments Last updated 45 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

CTEd wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree... it will be just as viable as it is today..... which is to say not at all.
Not viable to you, but to millions of others.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Read all the postings
They all come from the same source.
Thousands of years apart and one not even knowing of the others existence
Yet they read a like. Open your mines to what it's really saying.
W
ahhh, one with insight.very good.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

CTEd wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it's rationinal there are not other explanations... unless you think that all of the above happened becuase of some itelligent all powerful god, that was created spontanously out of thin air. I mightly complex being that popped into being by random chance.

Yeah that's even more rational.
Now don't show your ignorance. God it not pop out of thin air ( he made thin air)
Nor did he ( I use the term "he" unintending to label God as a sexual being) spontanously appear. God created time the he created you in it. There is little chance you would ever be able to understand much about that kind of superior being. And here's the real mind blowing part. He gave you the total freedom to do what your doing against him. Why would he do that?
God said " Revenge is mine. "

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Illustrated Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. why don't you go ask one.
If that's an appropriate answer, then you could have answered your own question "Can an ant recognize the intelligence of a human?" with it.

Now, since we're dealing with human beings and not ants, do you have any *relevant* questions?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Illustrated Man wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think by abolishing God you will do away with evil?
There is lots of evil in the God camp, but--

I doubt that abolishing god could even happen, as there are way to many gullible and simple minded people in the US that need something to lean on and put blame on.

I think what needs to happen is a strengthening of the separation of church and state laws and strict enforcement. One in particular that needs enforcement is about keeping churches from endorsing certain political parties and/or candidates...if they do they lose tax exemption.

Also, I am a straight person so I have little to fear, but government and churches need to keep the hell out of everyone's bedroom and head.

Level 4

Since: Mar 09

Hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Now don't show your ignorance. God it not pop out of thin air ( he made thin air)
Nor did he ( I use the term "he" unintending to label God as a sexual being) spontanously appear. God created time the he created you in it. There is little chance you would ever be able to understand much about that kind of superior being. And here's the real mind blowing part. He gave you the total freedom to do what your doing against him. Why would he do that?
Neither did the universe, no god needed.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Illustrated Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Not viable to you, but to millions of others.
Appeal to the majority fallacy.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Illustrated Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Perceiving a threat, if far from the recognition of intelligence.
Recognition does not mean understand. Intelligence of another life form is a threat when it exceeds your own, so yes, perception of a threat does include perceiving intelligence.

The real world is not as simple as you want to make it appear. There is a lot to study, learn, and so much beauty in the real world, it would be nice if you joined us in it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There is lots of evil in the God camp, but--
I doubt that abolishing god could even happen, as there are way to many gullible and simple minded people in the US that need something to lean on and put blame on.
I think what needs to happen is a strengthening of the separation of church and state laws and strict enforcement. One in particular that needs enforcement is about keeping churches from endorsing certain political parties and/or candidates...if they do they lose tax exemption.
Also, I am a straight person so I have little to fear, but government and churches need to keep the hell out of everyone's bedroom and head.
Apparently politicians are dictating moral codes, that coincide with their agendas, and forcing them on the populace.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where did your god come from?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>There is lots of evil in the God camp, but--

Ok so you want to strengthen part of the first amendment (separation of church and state) while eliminating another part (freedom of speach).

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Illustrated Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently politicians are dictating moral codes, that coincide with their agendas, and forcing them on the populace.
And this is different...since when?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Recognition does not mean understand. Intelligence of another life form is a threat when it exceeds your own, so yes, perception of a threat does include perceiving intelligence.
The real world is not as simple as you want to make it appear. There is a lot to study, learn, and so much beauty in the real world, it would be nice if you joined us in it.
Join you in what way?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
God created time the he created you in it. There is little chance you would ever be able to understand much about that kind of superior being. "
Apparently YOU don't understand very much either. How could a being exist, plan, create, etc. OUTSIDE of time or before time was created? Those are all actions that take place IN TIME.

It takes time to realize you're lonely and want some company so you ought to create a world and people in it, etc.

And you are telling us all of this happened BEFORE time was created?
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And here's the real mind blowing part. He gave you the total freedom to do what your doing against him. Why would he do that?
Let me guess -- so he can revel in sadistically burning and torturing me endlessly, for all eternity because I don't "believe in him"?

You worship a God who will torture you forever if you don't. And you are PROUD of this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Illustrated Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Join you in what way?
What by committing myself to the secular view of science?(lol)

Not gonna happen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

One cannot have a finite, without a infinite. They define each other.(Infinite being "God")

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is different...since when?
good point.lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Illustrated Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Join you in what way?
It's a turn of phrase. I am inviting you to stop repeating the same thing over and over again and learn something new. Like I did with the intelligence perception, that is what's called critical thinking. You have some facts, and from those facts you apply logic and draw a conclusion that is supported by the facts. It may not be correct, and if someone could show that it is not correct with other facts then I would have to concede. Just saying "you're wrong" is not a fact, nor is it a valid argument to counter any logical assumption. This is why science changes and religion does not, religion parrots and the followers parrot the same old stuff over and over again, science grows and people learn to use it to come to new conclusions, new premises, new ideas. This is also why science produces results and helps progress humanity, while religion does not.

In short, come up with different material, use your own head to do this. Become a critical thinker. So far you are just repeating the same things that have already been countered, the ant argument for example, I did not repeat the perfectly valid commonly used point to counter it, I'm bored with those. But most of what you have asserted has been covered. If anything, learn about the science so you can counter it with something new. Who knows, you may actually be able to challenge the theory successfully. But you have to learn it in order to do that. Kent Hovind and his ilk have not learned it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Illustrated Man wrote:
One cannot have a finite, without a infinite. They define each other.(Infinite being "God")
That's like saying you cannot have time without no time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

CTEd wrote:
<quoted text>Neither did the universe, no god needed.
Oh yea the big bang. When nothing exploded great science there.
Or a singular exploded then of course we have to deal with where did the singular come from? And what ever made it explode? And why did it just happen to coincide with the start of time. And what is a singular. Why was it just sitting there waiting to explode?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

171 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min moves likes j 141,684
Trey Gowdy 4 min Kevin 3
deb 27 (Feb '13) 7 min stacked and proud 48
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Kevin 15,832
Has Stacked and Proud Left? (May '11) 11 min stacked and proud 245
Why is Stacked And Proud Dressed Like A Little ... (Apr '11) 14 min stacked and proud 115
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 15 min Jeffrey 137,141
Message to Obama 39 min Barry 774
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 35,119
Fisherman's wharf restaurant fields angry calls... 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 3
•••
•••