Worst Horror Movies Since 2000

Jun 29, 2012 Full story: www.metacritic.com 105

From seemingly endless Saw sequels to the needless remakes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre , Halloween and Friday the 13th , the horror film genre has more than its fair share of turkeys.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 29, 2012
whats worse in my opinon are all the vampire movies.
superwilly

Butler, PA

#2 Jun 29, 2012
Any vampire movie that does not star Christopher Lee or Frank Langella as the vampire is merely second or third rate.

This recent stuff is merely a third rate rehashing of thier masterpieces.
superwilly

Butler, PA

#3 Jun 29, 2012
Adding to that, I feel sorry for anyone who tries to act as the frankenstien monster after Karloff owned the role and achieved perfection.

“goodbye topix”

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Im not here

#4 Jun 29, 2012
superwilly wrote:
Any vampire movie that does not star Christopher Lee or Frank Langella as the vampire is merely second or third rate.
This recent stuff is merely a third rate rehashing of thier masterpieces.
I agree those old movies were masterpieces, but I'm gonna disagree with you about 3rd rate rehashing, they're a whole new take on the genre, the modern interpretasions are done from the vamp's perspective. The recent spate of hunter stories & movies are rehashed a bit, that's commercialisation.
What I find is over rehashed are the haunted, posesed house movies.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 29, 2012
superwilly wrote:
Adding to that, I feel sorry for anyone who tries to act as the frankenstien monster after Karloff owned the role and achieved perfection.
I SOOO agree. Awesome movie!

Level 4

Since: Jun 12

You don't even know about.....

#6 Jun 29, 2012
The Hills Have Eyes

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#7 Jun 29, 2012
The Village was pretty bad.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 29, 2012
I LOVE all the old horror films, starting with 'Nosferatu'. I can never watch it enough. It amazes me that a man can look SOO horrifying with such little technology. I can't remember his name, but he rocked it!

I hate the updated 'Halloween'. The original 1978 John Carpenter is one of my faves. They kind of ruined it. I know a lot of horror fans like all the blood and guts in the new one. I just think the original is better.

I also love all the kind of B horror flicks.'Friday the 13th' rocks. About the first 3-4 sequels. After that, no dice. I loved the first 2 'Halloween's. The scenes are all SOO fake and silly now, but they were scary then.'Sleepaway Camp' is the BOMB. That Angela character is SOO messed up. Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' is classic. It's so creepy. I adore it.'Rosemary's Baby' is another favorite. Even though Mia Farrow chopped her hair off, she was magnificent in that role.

Then, there are the older ones. I love pretty much everything Boris Karloff, Vincent Price and Alfred Hitchcock did. Thanks to Hitchcock, I still get creeped by large bunches of birds. Ha! I adore James Stewart. I know he did a lot of westerns, but he was wonderful in 'Rear Window' and 'Vertigo'. Grace Kelly was so elegant and believable in 'Rear Window'. I hate that she quit acting not long after.'White Zombie' and 'Bat'(not sure what the Bat was called) were awesome Karloff films. Hilarious to see that Bat now! Lol I love the original 'House on Haunted Hill' and 'The Haunting of Hill House' too. The remakes are okay. I could watch horror films all day long.

I'm not so much into the modern ones. I'm not a gore lover. They're so realistic, it creeps me out too much.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#9 Jun 29, 2012
Most of those old horror and SF movies had whit, style and grace. A lot of the newer ones have blood guts and gore.......

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10 Jun 29, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
Most of those old horror and SF movies had whit, style and grace. A lot of the newer ones have blood guts and gore.......
Agreed. Like the Saw movies. I watched the first one and won't watch any others. It's so sadistic, sick and freaky. It's TOO realistic. You can just imagine that some sick-o could REALLY do something like that. I get that it's the whole purpose...to scare you that way. I'll take the old films. Real life is scary enough just as it is.
bUFFALO sNOT

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jun 29, 2012
i GOT ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES INTO "i aM oMEGA". yUK.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#12 Jun 29, 2012
I like them all, B movies make me laugh and I love blood guts and gore. My hubby says if there is a bad movie on I can find it :)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13 Jun 29, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
I like them all, B movies make me laugh and I love blood guts and gore. My hubby says if there is a bad movie on I can find it :)
lol That sounds like me...although I'm not into the gore as much. Do you watch SyFy channel much? TONS of ridiculous B horror moves! Love it!

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#14 Jun 29, 2012
tibetbambi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol That sounds like me...although I'm not into the gore as much. Do you watch SyFy channel much? TONS of ridiculous B horror moves! Love it!
That was what I was thinking of, the Abominable Snowmen and spiders one are hysterical. The CG is rather low budget but makes it funnier still. Sort of like the claymation they did in the 70s :)
They are going to show Repo Men on Sunday night, I thought that one was pretty good but more drama than horror IMO.

“Jody”

Level 7

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#15 Jun 29, 2012
I usually enjoy horror movies, even the B-rated ones.
BUT> Worst? You wanna know worst? I started watching and had to stop, a horror movie called "Human Centipede". Gross, sickening, soooo desturbing to know some human actually wrote and produced it. Worst movie EVER! The horror is real being that there was evidently a market niche for such crap, because what's even more desturbing, I hear they came out with "Human Centipede 2".

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16 Jun 29, 2012
superwilly wrote:
Any vampire movie that does not star Christopher Lee or Frank Langella as the vampire is merely second or third rate.
This recent stuff is merely a third rate rehashing of thier masterpieces.
Do you really mean to ignore Bela Lugosi, and Max Schreck before him?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 Jun 29, 2012
tibetbambi wrote:
I LOVE all the old horror films, starting with 'Nosferatu'. I can never watch it enough. It amazes me that a man can look SOO horrifying with such little technology. I can't remember his name, but he rocked it!
I hate the updated 'Halloween'. The original 1978 John Carpenter is one of my faves. They kind of ruined it. I know a lot of horror fans like all the blood and guts in the new one. I just think the original is better.
I also love all the kind of B horror flicks.'Friday the 13th' rocks. About the first 3-4 sequels. After that, no dice. I loved the first 2 'Halloween's. The scenes are all SOO fake and silly now, but they were scary then.'Sleepaway Camp' is the BOMB. That Angela character is SOO messed up. Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' is classic. It's so creepy. I adore it.'Rosemary's Baby' is another favorite. Even though Mia Farrow chopped her hair off, she was magnificent in that role.
Then, there are the older ones. I love pretty much everything Boris Karloff, Vincent Price and Alfred Hitchcock did. Thanks to Hitchcock, I still get creeped by large bunches of birds. Ha! I adore James Stewart. I know he did a lot of westerns, but he was wonderful in 'Rear Window' and 'Vertigo'. Grace Kelly was so elegant and believable in 'Rear Window'. I hate that she quit acting not long after.'White Zombie' and 'Bat'(not sure what the Bat was called) were awesome Karloff films. Hilarious to see that Bat now! Lol I love the original 'House on Haunted Hill' and 'The Haunting of Hill House' too. The remakes are okay. I could watch horror films all day long.
I'm not so much into the modern ones. I'm not a gore lover. They're so realistic, it creeps me out too much.
The Nosferatu actor was Max Schreck. His name inspired the animated "Shrek".

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 Jun 29, 2012
Always Wary wrote:
I like them all, B movies make me laugh and I love blood guts and gore. My hubby says if there is a bad movie on I can find it :)
May I recommend "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" and the immortal "The Thing With Two Heads"?
ol pa

Butler, PA

#19 Jun 29, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really mean to ignore Bela Lugosi, and Max Schreck before him?
Oh no, those guys need to be included, along with lon chaney jr as wolfman
ol pa

Butler, PA

#20 Jun 29, 2012
_Absinthe_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree those old movies were masterpieces, but I'm gonna disagree with you about 3rd rate rehashing, they're a whole new take on the genre, the modern interpretasions are done from the vamp's perspective. The recent spate of hunter stories & movies are rehashed a bit, that's commercialisation.
What I find is over rehashed are the haunted, posesed house movies.
Agreed soooo completely! At least the original saw was a new idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min -CatCiao- 6,960
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 7 min ShadyBits 30,319
Old TV shows what's your favorite? 11 min Simply_Red 9
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 14 min Old Sam 17,927
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min DanFromSmithville 132,889
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 15 min Old Sam 1,738
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 15 min Old Sam 437
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 21 min -Lea- 25,746
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 152,539
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 3 hr X Crypsis X 336
Strange new fish discovered at record-breaking ... 6 hr Concerned_Citizen 3
More from around the web