Floods close down Route 46 in Netcong

Jul 23, 2012 Full story: The Jersey Journal 46

NETCONG - Route 46 was closed in both directions near the Route 183 circle Monday afternoon, as floodwaters filled the road.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Knucky Thompson

Stanhope, NJ

#1 Jul 28, 2012
Flooding again? More overtime for the Netcong PD. Good for them. Let's see what the contractor does this time; which isn't much of late. Guess they didn't learn from the wash out earlier this year now did they? Keep paying our local PD though for flood and traffic control. Love it.

Knucky

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 28, 2012
Knucky Thompson wrote:
Flooding again? More overtime for the Netcong PD. Good for them. Let's see what the contractor does this time; which isn't much of late. Guess they didn't learn from the wash out earlier this year now did they? Keep paying our local PD though for flood and traffic control. Love it.
Knucky
The PD make a substantial amount of money I am sure in addition to their rather large salaries paid on the backs of us tax payers. How big is Netcong? We are being taken for some $$$$$ ride.
indian

Randolph, NJ

#3 Jul 28, 2012
Kylos Creed wrote:
<quoted text>
The PD make a substantial amount of money I am sure in addition to their rather large salaries paid on the backs of us tax payers. How big is Netcong? We are being taken for some $$$$$ ride.
congrats, you just won the award for most uninformed person on topix. 1. the construction crew pays for the police, not the taxpayers. 2. netcong is the lowest paid police dept. in morris county. if you would like to share anymore of your intelligent thoughts please do your homework first. hats off to our police for working so hard for people like you, and for so little pay.
Knucky Thompson

Stanhope, NJ

#4 Jul 28, 2012
For all you inbreds out there that judge me as clueless, nuts, and not in agreement, put your best foot forward. Let's see what splendid ideas and proclamations you have about the never ending, flood ridden, traffic damning project. The contractor was way ahead of schedule with the winter we had. Bring it!
indian

Randolph, NJ

#5 Jul 28, 2012
Knucky Thompson wrote:
For all you inbreds out there that judge me as clueless, nuts, and not in agreement, put your best foot forward. Let's see what splendid ideas and proclamations you have about the never ending, flood ridden, traffic damning project. The contractor was way ahead of schedule with the winter we had. Bring it!
um.....what?

Location hidden

#6 Jul 28, 2012
indian wrote:
<quoted text>
congrats, you just won the award for most uninformed person on topix. 1. the construction crew pays for the police, not the taxpayers. 2. netcong is the lowest paid police dept. in morris county. if you would like to share anymore of your intelligent thoughts please do your homework first. hats off to our police for working so hard for people like you, and for so little pay.
I think you have been scalped Indian. If you would READ my comment you would understand what I said instead of your vapid insights. Perhaps the PD salary scale is lower than some towns but Netcong is a very small town and cannot afford a million dollar plus police department's salary. I did not say taxpapers paid for moonlighting. I wish I was as smart as you Indian.
indian

Randolph, NJ

#7 Jul 28, 2012
Kylos Creed wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have been scalped Indian. If you would READ my comment you would understand what I said instead of your vapid insights. Perhaps the PD salary scale is lower than some towns but Netcong is a very small town and cannot afford a million dollar plus police department's salary. I did not say taxpapers paid for moonlighting. I wish I was as smart as you Indian.
i could swear i told you to do your home work. i guess those directions were to difficult. lets do math shall we? 7 officers, 1 chief. yearly budget per web site, 36,000. yearly salary 625,000. so im thinking your "million dollar plus police department's salary" is another on your list of things you get wrong. infact it breaks down to about 10 cents a day for police officers. sorry to bust your bubble with facts. infact on the web site the fire department has a higher operating cost then the police dept. by the way, just wondering, what would our property values be in netcong if we dont have a department like you want? hmmmm?
Knucky Thompson

Stanhope, NJ

#8 Jul 29, 2012
indian wrote:
<quoted text>
i could swear i told you to do your home work. i guess those directions were to difficult. lets do math shall we? 7 officers, 1 chief. yearly budget per web site, 36,000. yearly salary 625,000. so im thinking your "million dollar plus police department's salary" is another on your list of things you get wrong. infact it breaks down to about 10 cents a day for police officers. sorry to bust your bubble with facts. infact on the web site the fire department has a higher operating cost then the police dept. by the way, just wondering, what would our property values be in netcong if we dont have a department like you want? hmmmm?
Indian:

I believe the point trying to be relayed here is the size of the town of Netcong (Mayberry did it with 2 officers) doesnt warrant the cost. I am in agreement with you that Netcong has some good officers in place, and also my initial comment starting this post of keep paying them for flood and traffic control stemmed from the contractor - i know the contractor pays for the local police. The post is about the flooded roadway, the lack of work getting done, and continued on about the traffic etc when i was commented on as being nuts. So Mr. Indian, take a chill pill, and read what this other poster was trying to convey as well. You must be a LIFER defending ole Netcong at all cost.
Knucky Thompson

Stanhope, NJ

#9 Jul 29, 2012
indian wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian

And another thing. The property values in Netcong are horrible. The assessments compared to selling prices are totally upside down. There's your homework assignment.

Knucky
Town Resident

Dumont, NJ

#10 Jul 29, 2012
Knucky Thompson wrote:
Knucky
Coming soon Thomas and Thompson Road builders. Contracts, bribes ,payoffs.Hey Knucky if you act quickly the old Wee Scholars building is close to the circle it will save on travel time to the jobsite.Good Luck with the New Business venture.
Your Old Friend Mr Town Resident
Knucky Thompson

Stanhope, NJ

#11 Jul 29, 2012
Town Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming soon Thomas and Thompson Road builders. Contracts, bribes ,payoffs.Hey Knucky if you act quickly the old Wee Scholars building is close to the circle it will save on travel time to the jobsite.Good Luck with the New Business venture.
Your Old Friend Mr Town Resident
Is that all you have? Nothing better? Wanna get into the bribes, payoffs and what not that goes on around here "Mr. Town Resident"? Get a clue - and change your name to "shoots from the hip" before you open your mouth again.

Knucky

PS: Are we having fun yet?:-)
indian

Randolph, NJ

#12 Jul 29, 2012
knucky, you really should take an english class, or math. my post was responding to kylos, and had no reference to yours in any way shape or form. thats why we read top to bottom, left to right. but if you want to jump in feel free. the other posters comment was three sentences long, last one being a refrence to how we are being taken on a "$$$$$$ ride". and the square mile of a town does not mean anything. est. 4,500 residence, ranking #3 in the county for calls per officer according to the daily record. then you comment that the property values are horrible and selling prices are upside down.....are you saying they will improve with no police dept? what class did you do homework for, recess? netcong lifer? you bet, just like the rest of the "lifers" that care about were they live, rather then someone like you that prob. rents, or is in a first home that thinks they are above this town. so if your not a lifer, just move on and find a better place that suites your supierior attitude.
Town Resident

Dumont, NJ

#13 Jul 29, 2012
Hey Indian be careful Knucky is a worthy Foe he is witty and intelligent.His belief that he is better then others will be his downfall ,What really bothers me though is for someone so smart is that he wont admit he is wrong. When the truth came out about Wee Scholars closing he continued to defend the way it was handled.He is clearly blinded by his beliefs and friendships. Sad thing is prior to it closing, I suggested to friends to go there myself.Never knowing it would not reopen in the Fall.
Give it a Rest

Ledgewood, NJ

#14 Jul 29, 2012
Town Resident wrote:
Hey Indian be careful Knucky is a worthy Foe he is witty and intelligent.His belief that he is better then others will be his downfall ,What really bothers me though is for someone so smart is that he wont admit he is wrong. When the truth came out about Wee Scholars closing he continued to defend the way it was handled.He is clearly blinded by his beliefs and friendships. Sad thing is prior to it closing, I suggested to friends to go there myself.Never knowing it would not reopen in the Fall.
You really need to give this a rest, there is nothing wrong in the way Wee Scholars went out of business. The stupid landlord is the problem do you want to talk about bribes and kickback he is one of the most unethical people to hit Netcong. Lets call a spade a spade I know the information was out to the people that were registered ASAP so keep making up your BS stories. You must have thought it was a great program or you would not have sent them correct!! Stop trying to make people think there is something not on the up and up here because it is just not true.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 29, 2012
indian wrote:
knucky, you really should take an english class, or math. my post was responding to kylos, and had no reference to yours in any way shape or form. thats why we read top to bottom, left to right. but if you want to jump in feel free. the other posters comment was three sentences long, last one being a refrence to how we are being taken on a "$$$$$$ ride". and the square mile of a town does not mean anything. est. 4,500 residence, ranking #3 in the county for calls per officer according to the daily record. then you comment that the property values are horrible and selling prices are upside down.....are you saying they will improve with no police dept? what class did you do homework for, recess? netcong lifer? you bet, just like the rest of the "lifers" that care about were they live, rather then someone like you that prob. rents, or is in a first home that thinks they are above this town. so if your not a lifer, just move on and find a better place that suites your supierior attitude.
Indian, you speak with fork-ed tongue. I never said NO police department. I said the salaries and ancillary costs are quite a chunk of change for such a small town which does not have any business ratables to offset the cost to the residents. With the $$$ they (the PD) are being paid, they best be there lickie split. The times they are changed and we must be cognizant in ways to save money. Netcong is not a major metropolis; that is why I choose to live in this wonderful town. Netcong can no longer be a slot machine for it's employees. ding, ding, ding.
Town Resident

Dumont, NJ

#16 Jul 29, 2012
Give it a Rest wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to give this a rest, there is nothing wrong in the way Wee Scholars went out of business. The stupid landlord is the problem do you want to talk about bribes and kickback he is one of the most unethical people to hit Netcong. Lets call a spade a spade I know the information was out to the people that were registered ASAP so keep making up your BS stories. You must have thought it was a great program or you would not have sent them correct!! Stop trying to make people think there is something not on the up and up here because it is just not true.
Really, a week before I read about it on here my friends were asked to leave a deposit for enrollment. So I have to disagree with you.
Give it a Rest

Ledgewood, NJ

#17 Jul 29, 2012
Town Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, a week before I read about it on here my friends were asked to leave a deposit for enrollment. So I have to disagree with you.
You can disagree all you want my children went to Wee Scholars since day one and Gina found out two days before she was closing for the summer to re-open for fall. Her lease was not to be renewed and the reasons for that were less then ethical on her landlords part. So stop talking from your ass you do not have first hand information so check your facts!! Oh and by the way we are all following her to her new location.
Town Resident

Dumont, NJ

#18 Jul 29, 2012
Give it a Rest wrote:
<quoted text>
You can disagree all you want my children went to Wee Scholars since day one and Gina found out two days before she was closing for the summer to re-open for fall. Her lease was not to be renewed and the reasons for that were less then ethical on her landlords part. So stop talking from your ass you do not have first hand information so check your facts!! Oh and by the way we are all following her to her new location.
That just shows me how big of an Idiot you are.
Screamer

Dumont, NJ

#19 Jul 29, 2012
Knucky.......
Knucky Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian:
I believe the point trying to be relayed here is the size of the town of Netcong (Mayberry did it with 2 officers) doesnt warrant the cost. I am in agreement with you that Netcong has some good officers in place, and also my initial comment starting this post of keep paying them for flood and traffic control stemmed from the contractor - i know the contractor pays for the local police. The post is about the flooded roadway, the lack of work getting done, and continued on about the traffic etc when i was commented on as being nuts. So Mr. Indian, take a chill pill, and read what this other poster was trying to convey as well. You must be a LIFER defending ole Netcong at all cost.

In response to Knucky:
Yes Knucky.......but you were clearly trying to bash the boy's in Netcong and they are all good Guy's. You are now trying to get yourself out of it. You my Friend are an Idiot! If you are upset with the Contractor then state your remarks towards him or her. Don't go out of your way to bash the the Police Department. They are only there to help!
Screamer

Dumont, NJ

#20 Jul 29, 2012
Give it a Rest wrote:
<quoted text>
She did not find out 2 days before......I know that for a fact. It is all lies!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weather Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 39 min Suhani Si Ek Ladki 1,108
Halton Region under wind warning for Christmas Eve 5 hr Wellington vs Halton 1
Russian ruble extends losses 18 hr Dimitri100 73
D.C. has passed sea level rise 'tipping point,'... Wed Native Landlord 7
A solo Christmas, snowshoeing across Great Slav... Tue Hans 1
Activists try to rile up Chris Christie, pile u... Tue Billy Ringo 18
Weather alert as rain turns to snow and tempera... Tue jvcasey 1
More from around the web