Study by 'global warming godfather': Texas drought, Europe heat waves are climate change

Aug 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KNUS-AM Aurora

The relentless, weather-gone-crazy type of heat that has blistered the United States and other parts of the world in recent years is so rare that it can't be anything but man-made global warming, says a new statistical analysis from a top government scientist.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
wildcard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

i agree that it is hot as it is, after all, summer. i agree to a somewhat lengthy drought period as we have not until, August 5 , not had much or any rain. but as far as Your analysis regarding these conditions concerning Climate Change or, Global Warming, i sir , find you unfounded and a Cad.
wildcard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

you are a Quack and inept in your field of expertise sir.
txrancher

Rising Star, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

I hope he is wrong, but if as he claims, the drought in Texas and Oklahoma is three standard deviations off the norm it is highly likely the global warming is real. Last year's heat and drought here in central Texas is the worst anyone remembers. It is somewhat cooler (still over 100) and wetter this year, by still very hot and dry. If he is right we will all be forced to adjust.

Those of you that pronounce this a hoax need to look at the data, it is discouraging.
kal

Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

txrancher wrote:
I hope he is wrong, but if as he claims, the drought in Texas and Oklahoma is three standard deviations off the norm it is highly likely the global warming is real. Last year's heat and drought here in central Texas is the worst anyone remembers. It is somewhat cooler (still over 100) and wetter this year, by still very hot and dry. If he is right we will all be forced to adjust.
Those of you that pronounce this a hoax need to look at the data, it is discouraging.
oh my 'rancher', it is you who needs to look at the data.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2012/08/05...
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

txrancher wrote:
Nice to see someone on Topix--and from Texas, no less--looking at this objectively.

I've spent the last twenty years hoping the climatologists were wrong as well, but the evidence of their accuracy just continues to mount.

The good news is that we will adjust, and it won't cost much overall. About 1-2% of GDP, by credible estimates, and fracking gas is already leading the way. The hard part is getting China and India to get leave coal.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

So, who is it that is causing Venus and Mercury to heat up too?

Is that also our fault?
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

bama yankoff wrote:
Is that also our fault?
For decades, topix AGW deniers didn't believe the Earth was heating up. But given a bit of data that planets millions of miles away are doing something AGW deniers can exploit...... well that's something to believe in, tho they have not done & can not do any science to back up their politically dead mindspawn.

& that IS topix AGW denier fault!
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

Hansen Sato et al follows on last year's breakthrough by Rahmstorf and Coumou. Hansen stands on the shoulders of giants:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/10/rus...

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

litedong wrote:
<quoted text>
For decades, topix AGW deniers didn't believe the Earth was heating up. But given a bit of data that planets millions of miles away are doing something AGW deniers can exploit...... well that's something to believe in, tho they have not done & can not do any science to back up their politically dead mindspawn.
& that IS topix AGW denier fault!
Since I made no comment at all about the Earth heating up, I guess your post makes you look like an idiot.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

bama yankoff wrote:
Since I made no comment at all about the Earth heating up.....
Of course, you made the comment:
//////////
//////////

Your added word,'too', & the whole topix AGW denier diatribe infer that you include heating of Venus & Mercury to the heating of the Earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••