Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Justice

United States

#32261 Jul 15, 2012
I keep reading crap about Trayvon's parents by people who just don't have a flipping clue and apparently don't want one either.
When Trayvon's dad and dad's fiancee got back from their dinner-date, he did call to see where Trayvon was. Trayvon's phone was off and it went to voicemail. He also called his cousin that lived close by, but was told Trayvon hadn't been there. So he assumed Trayvon went to a movie and turned his phone off.
As for lying to LE about what time he last saw his son. "Around 8 or 8:30" would suggest to most everyone with even a few working braincells left, that he wasn't sure of the time, so he was guessing, not lying.
As for Trayvon's mom? She did what she thought best. What thousands of single mothers tell their kids all the time. "Straighten up, or I'm sending you to your dad's." because of course, dads are usually the stricter/take no nonsense of the parents.
As a parent of teenagers and young adults, I completely understand their actions.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#32262 Jul 16, 2012
Yeah, they are shining examples of proper parenthood......
Gaius Rectimus

Kansas City, MO

#32263 Jul 16, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO need for a trial or jury verdict to see that Thug and child killer Zimmerman is morally GUILTY of killing a child.
No need for a jury on that one.
A child is a child, no matter what you think about that.
Then again, it doesn't matter what you think.
Oh yeah, did you give Ursa Minor my message?
Child killer Zimmerman is freed, but he ain't free!
<quoted text>
There is NO need for a trial or jury verdict to see that Thug and child killer Zimmerman is morally GUILTY of killing a child.
No need for a jury on that one.
A child is a child, no matter what you think about that.
Then again, it doesn't matter what you think.
Oh yeah, did you give Ursa Minor my message?
Child killer Zimmerman is freed, but he ain't free!
You are so right, he was indeed a child, and then he was murdered. He deserves to have justice done. We could ask for nothing less. As you have stated there's no doubt he is morally guilty of murdering Trayvon Martin, everybody can see that. Thank you for your intuitive posts, we homo's gotta stick together.
Gaius Rectimus

Kansas City, MO

#32264 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Fantasy Island
Did you know that Tattoo used to beat his wife? I mean, could you imagine? A midget beating a tall woman? Whew! "The plane boss, the plane". He was bad azz little midget. We homo's gotta join forces.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32265 Jul 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! True. But as with your BS, I never made such a claim that Zimmerman should be charged with stalking. Zimmerman did STALK Martin in its denotative definition son.
Zimmerman leaving the safety of his vehicle with a loaded weapon following a particular target is factual son. There is NO speculation there.
Feel free to post your FACTS since so far, you've provided only your opinion and estimates as.... well... I guess you call it "proof" eh?
You REMAIN true to form.All opinion all the time. Not mention leaving out pertinent parts of your claims in rebuttal.
Gaius Rectimus

Kansas City, MO

#32266 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't hate people. No time for that. Hate is not a bad thing, when appropriately directed.
Evil is supposed to be hated.
The actions of murderers is supposed to be hated. It cannot be embraced in a just society.
Your continuous rant on liberals is funny. It is the conservatives you're actually talking about.
Shall I present you the Roll Call of recent conservative leaders who say one thing in private but have been exposed publicly?
It is really comical, as are your rants.
HA!
You have your eyes closed while in the darkness of outer space? You know damn well Ursa Minor was right near you. Now, do as I told you and stop making a joking ASS of yourself.
Child killer Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free!
You are so right. All of the conservatives are corrupt, and they have been that way for years. They should all be exposed in one place. We all know what they are guilty of. 9-11, war, oil, opium, defense contracts, the list goes on and on. They hate homo's too. A list of their names and misdeeds would be very helpful.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#32267 Jul 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why son? So far the only one with a statement is Zimmerman.
And he's a KNOWN liar!
Yet his statement must still be impeached by the prosecution and "you lied once" isn't going to carry the day. If we were to disregard people's statements because thy are guilty of telling lies, no one would believe anything President Obama says. Just saying.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#32268 Jul 16, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
I love this comedy channel.
It just gets funnier by the day!

So what did Georgie Porgies attorney try to do Friday - unsuccessfully;

"In the second document released Friday, Lester denied O’Mara’s effort to keep two pieces of evidence under seal:
•A statement by so-called “witness #9.” In a statement released earlier, witness #9 told Sanford police that Zimmerman harbors prejudiced views. While NBC News has not seen the second statement, sources said it could be explosive and could damage Zimmerman in the court of public opinion.
•Details of almost 150 jail calls between Zimmerman and friends and family members."

and, tried to have the judge recused - what filth;

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/trayvon-martin

Time for George to see a Florida Correctional Facility proctologist named "Bubba" doing 25 to life - just like he'll be doing.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#32269 Jul 16, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet his statement must still be impeached by the prosecution and "you lied once" isn't going to carry the day. If we were to disregard people's statements because thy are guilty of telling lies, no one would believe anything President Obama says. Just saying.
President Obama is always the fallback position of the nitwits.

No matter the subject, it always gets around to beating up on President Obama.

Give it a rest already.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#32270 Jul 16, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
You REMAIN true to form.All opinion all the time. Not mention leaving out pertinent parts of your claims in rebuttal.
lol! Thanks for your opinion of me, son.

And not touching the topic you're referring to at all.

I'm sure you're fear pervades!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#32271 Jul 16, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet his statement must still be impeached by the prosecution and "you lied once" isn't going to carry the day. If we were to disregard people's statements because thy are guilty of telling lies, no one would believe anything President Obama says. Just saying.
lol! No son.

The prosecution has prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Zimmerman will have his day in court... if his lawyers will allow him to take the stand.

And right now I don't see that happening!!!
Justice

United States

#32272 Jul 16, 2012
Why do 'witness 9's statements to prosecutors not surprise me?
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#32273 Jul 16, 2012
The parents of Trayvon were shining examples of parenthood. If that were true he would be alive today, because he would not have beaten some guys head against the concrete, especially if the guy had a gun. He was a hopped up little thug that thought he would get the gun,and a few bucks off Zimmerman, and laugh all the way home. Nope. Now they have a woman that says when zimmerman was 8 years, and she was 6 years old he sexually assualted her. Georges lawyer will slice, and dice this woman on the stand. It just goes to show how far the incompetent prosecutor is reaching.

Truth's Door

#32274 Jul 16, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>It just gets funnier by the day!

"In the second document released Friday, Lester denied OÂ’MaraÂ’s effort to keep two pieces of evidence under seal:
•A statement by so-called “witness #9.” In a statement released earlier, witness #9 told Sanford police that Zimmerman harbors prejudiced views. While NBC News has not seen the second statement, sources said it could be explosive and could damage Zimmerman in the court of public opinion.
•Details of almost 150 jail calls between Zimmerman and friends and family members."

Time for George to see a Florida Correctional Facility proctologist named "Bubba" doing 25 to life - just like he'll be doing.
Bubba gonna like George!

Truth's Door

#32275 Jul 16, 2012
Justice wrote:
I keep reading crap about Trayvon's parents by people who just don't have a flipping clue and apparently don't want one either.
When Trayvon's dad and dad's fiancee got back from their dinner-date, he did call to see where Trayvon was. Trayvon's phone was off and it went to voicemail. He also called his cousin that lived close by, but was told Trayvon hadn't been there. So he assumed Trayvon went to a movie and turned his phone off.
As for lying to LE about what time he last saw his son. "Around 8 or 8:30" would suggest to most everyone with even a few working braincells left, that he wasn't sure of the time, so he was guessing, not lying.
As for Trayvon's mom? She did what she thought best. What thousands of single mothers tell their kids all the time. "Straighten up, or I'm sending you to your dad's." because of course, dads are usually the stricter/take no nonsense of the parents.
As a parent of teenagers and young adults, I completely understand their actions.
They do not care about the Truth, just what sounds good to them.

As long as they can continue to disparage the victim in his death and his parents as they seek justice, these LIARS and racists and morons will say whatever they like or want.

The Truth is as a foreign language to them...a language they care not to learn or understand.

Thug Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free!

Truth's Door

#32276 Jul 16, 2012
Justice wrote:
Why do 'witness 9's statements to prosecutors not surprise me?
Because they reveal the true Thug Zimmerman.

The 100+ jail phone conversations will be revealing too.

Perp Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free!
Gaius Rectimus

Denver, CO

#32277 Jul 16, 2012
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
It just gets funnier by the day!
"In the second document released Friday, Lester denied O�Mara�s effort to keep two pieces of evidence under seal:
�A statement by so-called �witness #9.� In a statement released earlier, witness #9 told Sanford police that Zimmerman harbors prejudiced views. While NBC News has not seen the second statement, sources said it could be explosive and could damage Zimmerman in the court of public opinion.
�Details of almost 150 jail calls between Zimmerman and friends and family members."
Yes I think I know the Bubba you are talking about. He's not a real proctologist but he does have some knowledge of the prostate.
I think him and George will hit it off OK. So where do you know Bubba from?

The last I heard he was living in New Jersey. I think he did some time for an illegal back door violation in Edison. If he is in a Florida prison it will not be hard to track him down. I forgot his last name but all the corrections staff know him as Bubba.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#32278 Jul 16, 2012
Justice wrote:
"Back at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, Tracy Martin and Brandy Green returned to her town house around 10:30 p.m. to find her son, but not his. Trayvon had gone to the store, Chad explained. The adults did not panic. Trayvon was 17, after all. Maybe he had gone to visit a cousin in nearby Oviedo, or maybe he had met a girl along the way, and was chatting her up. Mr. Martin called Trayvon’s cellphone, but it went straight to voice mail. Then he called the cousin, who did not answer, but he expected the young man to call back. They went to sleep."

They went to sleep???

The son gets suspended for ten days from school, his third suspension, and the father takes him to Sanford so he can be under adult supervision. Instead, the father goes to the movies and leaves Trayvon at home with his girlfriend's son, Chad Green. Trayvon goes to the stores around 6 Pm as a favor for the younger boy, doesn't come home, doesn't call, and when this father returns home at 10:30 Pm Trayvon is no where to be found. He doesn't answer his cell phone. His father thinks he might be in Oveido ten miles away,gets no answer there either, and the father goes to sleep !! So all of a sudden this 17 year old 'child' is now a 17 year old 'adult' whose father doesn't seem overly concerned that his son may be gone all night. Logic says Trayvon should have been grounded because of his problems at school or al least had a curfew. He had neither. Most concerned parents would at least try to retrace his route to and from the 7-11 store, I know I certainly would. Who knows?
He could have been mugged or struck by a hit and run driver and was laying by the side of the road somewhere, hoping his dad would come looking for him. But no, the father goes to sleep. The police are 300 feet away from the townhouse from 7:20 Pm to after 1 AM and all the father had to do was retrace Trayvon's steps and he would have known in about one minute where his son was.
Anyone who believes that is normal behavior for a parent is kidding him or her self.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#32279 Jul 16, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
The parents of Trayvon were shining examples of parenthood. If that were true he would be alive today, because he would not have beaten some guys head against the concrete, especially if the guy had a gun. He was a hopped up little thug that thought he would get the gun,and a few bucks off Zimmerman, and laugh all the way home. Nope. Now they have a woman that says when zimmerman was 8 years, and she was 6 years old he sexually assualted her. Georges lawyer will slice, and dice this woman on the stand. It just goes to show how far the incompetent prosecutor is reaching.
Next to Dumbo and Laughing Lobotomy, you gotta be the 3rd biggest a$$hole on these threads.

Who has a prior crimminal arrest record SFB's?
Come on moron, you can spit it out.

Zimmerman you fool!

How do you know what witness #9 said?
You don't - that testimony is not even on record yet.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#32280 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
They do not care about the Truth, just what sounds good to them.
As long as they can continue to disparage the victim in his death and his parents as they seek justice, these LIARS and racists and morons will say whatever they like or want.
The Truth is as a foreign language to them...a language they care not to learn or understand.
Thug Zimmerman is freed but he ain't free!
So you would have no problem if your 17 year old went to the store on an errand and five hours later his whereabouts were totally unknown. Parents that don't see that as a problem may be part of the problem not part of the solution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LAPD to buy 7,000 body cameras 7 hr WhatYouTalkinBout... 13
Gang related shooting leaves West Valinda man dead (Jul '09) 8 hr Killamunati 257
Is a Fake Cop Murdering Miss. Motorists? (May '12) 15 hr Charles 2
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting Wed Joe snuffy 2
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... Wed Shawn45644 2
Murder trial gets underway in Blytheville Wed EEG 6
4 mothers share pain of losing sons Wed Calvin Ralls 7
More from around the web