EXCLUSIVE: Man Shoots Deer in Residential Neighborhood

Jun 13, 2012 Full story: WOAY 54

Video sent by a neighbor to WOAY caught the shooting on camera. The incident happened Tuesday in a yard that connects Rowan Road to Old White Trail in White Sulphur Springs.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
spa agent

Princeton, WV

#1 Jun 14, 2012
Way to go, Wayne Bostic. We all knew he was capable of crazy, this just proved it! He needs his house searched and all of his many, many, guns need to be taken away!

That poor fawn is now looking for it's mother and the piles of kids who are babysat in the two yards adjoining his are scared to go outside!
Absolutely obsurd

Dunmore, WV

#3 Jun 14, 2012
This is the man of the family of Bostics who run the unions of the Greenbrier? What a joke, I wonder what is next for them?
BLAH

Roanoke, VA

#4 Jun 14, 2012
bambi did just fine without her mamma its not the end of the world go put a tampon on your cheeks to soak up the tears crybabby
curious

Princeton, WV

#5 Jun 14, 2012
So, where is the video?
wow

Princeton, WV

#6 Jun 14, 2012
Where does Wayne live?
wayne is an idiot

Amelia Court House, VA

#7 Jun 14, 2012
curious wrote:
So, where is the video?
woay channel 4 has it posted
born to be bald

Huntington, WV

#9 Jun 14, 2012
is he facing charges?
Absolutely obsurd

Dunmore, WV

#10 Jun 14, 2012
born to be bald wrote:
is he facing charges?
He should be, for sure!
Daycare Parent

Hot Springs, VA

#11 Jun 15, 2012
Daycare Parent wrote:
The thing of it is his wife lied and said he wasnt home at the time when the city cops went over. Then when he was presented the video by DNR he confessed after he was told he wouldnt face jail time that he was facing fines. From what I hear he is off work from the Greenbrier on Workers Comp. Should you be out shooting deer with a back injury. He supposedly told DNR that the deer had been eating his landscaping. I dont care if the deer was eating his landscaping it is illegal to discharge a firearm in City limits not to mention the other laws he broke. Even if he needed the meat to feed his family you dont do it in the middle of towwn. My sonwould have been at the sitters that day if circumstances would have been different. His sitter owuld have prolly had the kids out watching the doe and fawn. This would be traumatizing to this kids not to mention his stray bullet he missed with could have gotten any of those kids. He has children of his own........would he want someone shooting a deer out of his yard when his kids were in the house or in the yard..... IF so he is dumber than he just proved..........I hope DNR and the magistrate throw the book at him. And The city is raising our police protection fees a $1 a month.......what a joke
Well my comment about the $1 raise in police fees was alittle premature. from what I was told the police turned it over to DNR because they had more authority to bring up the proper charges. People like this that dont think before they shoot do not need to own guns nor a hunting license.
both

United States

#12 Jun 15, 2012
Both of them should go to jail, they both are white trash that contributes nothing to society. They just keep making kids that they obviously cant afford, but when you have a cow for a wife that can make the ol pocket book tight.... Right Wayne ;)
Really-

Charleston, WV

#13 Jun 16, 2012
I would just like to post that Wayne was in the wrong and made a horrible judgement call when he shot a deer in back yard of a home that held several children who lives were put in danger however, Wayne comes from a good family and is a very dependable employee(regardless of his time out on Workers Comp). This family does not deserve to be talked about in such a manner and his wife is carrying a child and does not deserve to be called cow. We wonder why our society is going to crap these day, just look at some of these post... grown ups calling people names and acting inmature. Grow up, if you are going to discuss issues learn to do it in a more adult way.
Really

Dunmore, WV

#14 Jun 16, 2012
Really- wrote:
I would just like to post that Wayne was in the wrong and made a horrible judgement call when he shot a deer in back yard of a home that held several children who lives were put in danger however, Wayne comes from a good family and is a very dependable employee(regardless of his time out on Workers Comp). This family does not deserve to be talked about in such a manner and his wife is carrying a child and does not deserve to be called cow. We wonder why our society is going to crap these day, just look at some of these post... grown ups calling people names and acting inmature. Grow up, if you are going to discuss issues learn to do it in a more adult way.
Oh, Really?
Parent

Hot Springs, VA

#15 Jun 16, 2012
Really- wrote:
Really????? How would you feel if it was your child in the neighboring yard when the shots were fired???? The same as us I bet. And yes he does come from a good family. I do know them but that bad judgement call could have ended in death of a person instead of a deer. I just hope he thinks before he shots the next time!
blue

Princeton, WV

#16 Jun 16, 2012
I feel sorry for his brother, he will never win any kind of election with that kind of crazy in his family!

I hope someone investigates the number of illegal assault weapons that Wayne has at his house and his old apartment. Crazy people like him shouldn't be able to own weapons of any kind, obviously!
Neighbor

Lewisburg, WV

#17 Jun 16, 2012
If Wayne comes from such a good family then why did his mother say that her son would never do anything like that (Wayne and his Dad was standing right there when this was said) and as for the wife, she seems to think that being pregnant prevents a person from lying because she said that 3-4 times(she would say Ma'am I am pregnant I can't lie) as she was saying Wayne wasn't even home when the deer was shot. This was after Wayne lied to the police telling them he was home but hadn't been outside at all. I don't care who you are what he did was WRONG!!! and for the wife and mother to lie for him doesn't say much for them.
what a joke

United States

#18 Jun 16, 2012
wayne is a complete idiot and quite frankly u cant help but call his wife a cow . she was a slob before she got pregnant and shes a slob now
the facts

Princeton, WV

#19 Jun 16, 2012
Where there any children in either yard when the shot was fired? No. there was not. Has the pain meds that the Dr has given him for his back injury have had some effect on his judgement. Yes for sure. Is he crazy. no, yes it was a stupid mistake . He is a great father, a great co worker, and does come a wonderful family. These are the facts.
strange design

Griffithsville, WV

#20 Jun 16, 2012
wayne is a complete idiot and quite frankly u cant help but call his wife a cow . she was a slob before she got pregnant and shes a slob now

why dont you post pics of your wife so we can judge her?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#21 Jun 17, 2012
I used to live on Old White Trail for 12 years. Are you guys aware that there are SEVERAL people "sneaking shots" at these deer? I personally loved them...they were beautiful. But, many get angry that they eat plants/flowers out of their yards. I don't understand shooting at them. I have insomnia pretty often. I heard shots being made at them more often than you'd think. I even heard a few in the middle of the day. I called the police once, but there wasn't anything they could do: my word against the other person's. I saw it myself, but that's not enough. It had gotten a lot worse over the last 2 years. None of the people I know who shoot/shot at the deer are on any medications, drink, etc. It always scared me that they'd hit my little dog when I had her out.
Homers Wife

Marlinton, WV

#22 Jun 17, 2012
I happen to believe every one makes some mistakes in their life. I think Wayne is a very controlling man. Perhaps his wife thought she had to lie for him because if not she would face his anger later. As for his mother lying, what mother doesn't think her child is better than they are. We hope we raised them right but they still make mistakes just as we do. He married a young country girl and has kept her practically bare foot and pregnant since. I just wouldn't be to quick to judge her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 14 min Ronald 3,383
Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape 26 min Plick 78
New evidence supports officera s account of sho... 40 min crush white lies 19
Darren Wilson's account of Michael Brown shooti... 58 min Righteous 38
South side gang shootings seem to be related (Mar '08) 10 hr FOLKS LOVE 52
Charge: Alaska man, 19, shot troopers from behind 11 hr InBlue 4
Deadly force a " in black and white 12 hr No_More_Dems 83

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE