Mass shooting at Batman screening

Jul 20, 2012 Full story: www.cbsnews.com 1,243

A gas mask-wearing gunman opened fire early Friday at a suburban Denver movie theater, leaving at least 12 people dead and 50 others injured, police said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 63
Next Last

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#1 Jul 20, 2012
This isn't Offbeat news, this is a tragedy.
Grace nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#2 Jul 20, 2012
Yes, A dreadful tragedy breaking this day-

I don't think any offence was meant by including
It on 'Offbeat'
as the news is the first story around the
World now:

RIP to those who died.

“Mrs_E”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 20, 2012
JM_Brazil wrote:
This isn't Offbeat news, this is a tragedy.
Agree completley, no humor, only prayers, and peace to all involved. xoxoxoxo

Since: Mar 12

Gone Fishing

#4 Jul 20, 2012
Keep all parties involved in thoughts and prayers... This is a tragic event...

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 20, 2012
Sad day. Too-bad nobody was equipped/ready to thwart this senseless attack. A clear example of why CCW is important everywhere you go; you never know when some nut will strike. One or more armed citizens might have cut the loss by half or even many more. More guns in the right hands = less crime and fewer tragedies like this one.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#10 Jul 20, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
Sad day. Too-bad nobody was equipped/ready to thwart this senseless attack. A clear example of why CCW is important everywhere you go; you never know when some nut will strike. One or more armed citizens might have cut the loss by half or even many more. More guns in the right hands = less crime and fewer tragedies like this one.
GFY. You people always say that. Colorado is a HEAVILY armed state yet, in a crowded theatre, no heroic 2A nuts were around to protect the public. No fault of the state as they have Castle Doctrine ans Stand Your Ground laws along with CC permits.

Why is it the *heroes* are only around to *protect* us from black teenagers *armed* with Skittles and iced tea?

Judged:

16

15

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Geaux Tigers!”

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#11 Jul 20, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>GFY. You people always say that. Colorado is a HEAVILY armed state yet, in a crowded theatre, no heroic 2A nuts were around to protect the public. No fault of the state as they have Castle Doctrine ans Stand Your Ground laws along with CC permits.
Why is it the *heroes* are only around to *protect* us from black teenagers *armed* with Skittles and iced tea?
Speaking of GFY, GFY. Racist schmuck.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#12 Jul 20, 2012
Too big for here.
Sorrow for those...
Grace nerissa

Dublin, Ireland

#13 Jul 20, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
Sad day. Too-bad nobody was equipped/ready to thwart this senseless attack. A clear example of why CCW is important everywhere you go; you never know when some nut will strike. One or more armed citizens might have cut the loss by half or even many more. More guns in the right hands = less crime and fewer tragedies like this one.
I wonder tho' if that's the answer-
Over here civilians are not allowed carry any guns-

( with the exception of a minority
Who use guns for game shooting and have
to be strictly licensed)

Occasionally someone breaks the rules and
Keeps one in a secret place.

I think if these out of the blue tragedies are to
Happen .. They will, no matter-

Only two weeks ago an Irish couple on holiday in
Torquay, England, we're by the worst kind
Of luck in the very wrong place at the wrong time,
Seconds later would have made a difference-

As they drove a rural road, a car came down a hill
And, at height speed ploughed into the Irish couple -
The difference was, it was driven by a Polish
Man who wanted to commit suicide-
A friend of his found a note about his
Intentions, the police were out looking for him
(but not following him at the time)

He was arrested but died in hospital-

The Irish couple are still critical, one on
Life support, having lost their 2yr old boy
And a child in the womb...

I don't think anything can stop Hesse
deranged people from carrying
out such atrocities, if they
Have a mind to do so....

In the aftermath of these events,
The 'fallout' and
the pain is impossible to comprehend:
need more guns

Alexandria, LA

#19 Jul 20, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
Sad day. Too-bad nobody was equipped/ready to thwart this senseless attack. A clear example of why CCW is important everywhere you go; you never know when some nut will strike. One or more armed citizens might have cut the loss by half or even many more. More guns in the right hands = less crime and fewer tragedies like this one.
The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.Read article here: http://nationalgunrights.org/blog/...

From today's Alexandria Town Talk:

AURORA, Colo. A gunman wearing a gas mask set off an unknown gas and fired into a crowded movie theater in suburban Denver at a midnight opening of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," killing 12 people and injuring at least 50 others, authorities said.

Can you just hear the clamor of those wanting to take our freedom away saying,, we must have MORE gun control since this shooting today happened?

Wonder why that cowardly gunman didn't go to a gun show where many more people are congregated? Could it be he could expect to find some expert shooters with guns to be there? Wonder if he thought any of the children in the theater would be armed? Of course he is a coward going into a theater where no arms would be expected.

This horrible act by a lone gunman should make every citizen want to be armed to curtail such acts. The video of a 71 year old man that thwarted an armed robbery in Florida is heartwarming because he not only protected private property but probably saved many lives. See video: http://globalgrind.com/news/samuel-williams-s...

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#20 Jul 20, 2012
need more guns wrote:
<quoted text>
The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.
The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.Read article here: http://nationalgunrights.org/blog/...
From today's Alexandria Town Talk:
AURORA, Colo. A gunman wearing a gas mask set off an unknown gas and fired into a crowded movie theater in suburban Denver at a midnight opening of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," killing 12 people and injuring at least 50 others, authorities said.
Can you just hear the clamor of those wanting to take our freedom away saying,, we must have MORE gun control since this shooting today happened?
Wonder why that cowardly gunman didn't go to a gun show where many more people are congregated? Could it be he could expect to find some expert shooters with guns to be there? Wonder if he thought any of the children in the theater would be armed? Of course he is a coward going into a theater where no arms would be expected.
This horrible act by a lone gunman should make every citizen want to be armed to curtail such acts. The video of a 71 year old man that thwarted an armed robbery in Florida is heartwarming because he not only protected private property but probably saved many lives. See video: http://globalgrind.com/news/samuel-williams-s...
Just remember - 99% of legal gun owners are terrible shots. It's the illegal possessors that can actually shoot.

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#21 Jul 20, 2012
For the victims, family and friends affected by this horrific event, my heart goes out to them.

Goddess Bless.

Cherish Your Loved Ones.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#24 Jul 20, 2012
tragedy indeed.

my heart goes out for the victims and family...

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#27 Jul 20, 2012
need more guns wrote:
<quoted text>
The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.
The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.Read article here: http://nationalgunrights.org/blog/...
From today's Alexandria Town Talk:
AURORA, Colo. A gunman wearing a gas mask set off an unknown gas and fired into a crowded movie theater in suburban Denver at a midnight opening of the Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises," killing 12 people and injuring at least 50 others, authorities said.
Can you just hear the clamor of those wanting to take our freedom away saying,, we must have MORE gun control since this shooting today happened?
Wonder why that cowardly gunman didn't go to a gun show where many more people are congregated? Could it be he could expect to find some expert shooters with guns to be there? Wonder if he thought any of the children in the theater would be armed? Of course he is a coward going into a theater where no arms would be expected.
This horrible act by a lone gunman should make every citizen want to be armed to curtail such acts. The video of a 71 year old man that thwarted an armed robbery in Florida is heartwarming because he not only protected private property but probably saved many lives. See video: http://globalgrind.com/news/samuel-williams-s...
Looks like you picked a bad time to go off half-cocked...

In a heavily armed state like Colorado, how many movie patrons that night WERE legally armed but, not quite dangerous to the shooter?

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

#28 Jul 20, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>GFY. You people always say that. Colorado is a HEAVILY armed state yet, in a crowded theatre, no heroic 2A nuts were around to protect the public. No fault of the state as they have Castle Doctrine ans Stand Your Ground laws along with CC permits.
Why is it the *heroes* are only around to *protect* us from black teenagers *armed* with Skittles and iced tea?
Well-said Ferrerman.

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

#29 Jul 20, 2012
Helen Hogan wrote:
Well at least the shooter took out some of the welfare idiots who take their children to a movie at 12am. Normal people with jobs are in bed at that time, along with their kids.
For gosh sakes. Have some compassion!!!

Its heartlessness like yours that leads to insane violence.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

“MEOW!”

Since: Jun 06

Newport, UK

#31 Jul 20, 2012
Words fail as to why anybody could plan such
a violent act as this. What right has anybody
to do such a thing?

Condolences to the families and friends of
the deceased, and prayers for those injured,
that they may make a full recovery.

“Truth + context + perspective”

Since: Nov 09

informs against BS

#37 Jul 20, 2012
As with VA Tech, and other massacres recent and not-so: this is beyond sad ... beyond tragic ... again:

and another spoke (with all-to-frequent nutzoids and low-lifes killing, maiming own kin (large and small), or just a random stranger or two to feed their addictions and/or demons) in this roulette wheel out of control.

“IT'S a Scream!”

Since: Oct 09

Rville

#38 Jul 20, 2012
Sad very Sad...Condolences for all the people this tragedy is touching.

“Fight Like A Girl”

Since: Jul 10

Boston, MA

#39 Jul 20, 2012
Tzunammi wrote:
<quoted text>
For gosh sakes. Have some compassion!!!
Its heartlessness like yours that leads to insane violence.
My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
Great post sweetie....

~~HUGS~~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 31 min Anonymous of Indy 3,447
FBI turns animal cruelty into top-tier felony e... 54 min Claude Balls 37
Jury returns guilty verdict in gang-related sla... 2 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 2
Darren Wilson's account of Michael Brown shooti... 2 hr Colbert 79
Shots fired at high school football game in Atl... 3 hr Ira Erastonson 1
Deadly force a " in black and white 3 hr James 95
Allentown shooter charged with attempted homicide 4 hr silly rabbit 1

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE