Gay pride week upset some military college alum

Apr 10, 2012 Full story: MilitaryCity.com 33

NORTHFIELD, Vt. - A Vermont military college that held what's believed to be the nation's first gay pride week on a military campus is refocusing the mission of its gay and lesbian club after some alumni were upset that it held a "condom Olympics" and "queer prom." Norwich University President Richard Schneider said Tuesday that the administration ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pope Nosferatu s Closet

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Apr 10, 2012
All you have to do is go to their website and see how absurd the description of where the glbt student group meets is relative to how the places other groups meet are described.

Ten years behind the culture.
Stratton

Arlington, MA

#2 Apr 10, 2012
I never understood when and how "gay pride" came to mean "Behave badly in public." If heterosexuals did some of the things that some gay people do in gay pride parades they would be arrested.

If I were gay, I would take pride in being part of a gay pride march in which people *didn't* behave like coked-up perverts. Most gay people do not behave like freaks, but it seems counterproductive to me to show off the ones that do.
Robsan5

United States

#3 Apr 10, 2012
Stratton wrote:
I never understood when and how "gay pride" came to mean "Behave badly in public." If heterosexuals did some of the things that some gay people do in gay pride parades they would be arrested.
If I were gay, I would take pride in being part of a gay pride march in which people *didn't* behave like coked-up perverts. Most gay people do not behave like freaks, but it seems counterproductive to me to show off the ones that do.
Google 'tailhook convention'
Homosexuals are just as perverted as straights.

Robert

Since: Jun 09

Monrovia, CA

#4 Apr 10, 2012
Theres a lot of flack here... It's message was supposed to be about practicing safe sex of sorts... That's what the students are saying....
Pope Nosferatu s Closet

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Apr 10, 2012
Stratton wrote:
I never understood....
Check out your heterosexual spawn (not that we literally think you'd ever father children) at spring break, you fcking cretin.

"If I were gay...." You mean as opposed to being a homosexually fixated closet case?

smirk

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Apr 10, 2012
Just H3r3 wrote:
Theres a lot of flack here... It's message was supposed to be about practicing safe sex of sorts... That's what the students are saying....
It's "flak", not "flack". A "flack" is a publicity agent.
Robsan5

United States

#7 Apr 10, 2012
The article says that 5% of the alumni responded, and of those, about 60% were in favor, 40% against. That means that only about 2% of the total alumni were against the gay pride week. Pretty good numbers, I'd say.

Robert
achyfi

Arlington, MA

#8 Apr 10, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Google 'tailhook convention'
Homosexuals are just as perverted as straights.
Robert
The Tailhook convention didn't take place in broad daylight in a public street.
Join Free
achyfi

Arlington, MA

#9 Apr 10, 2012
Pope Nosferatu s Closet wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out your heterosexual spawn (not that we literally think you'd ever father children) at spring break, you fcking cretin.
"If I were gay...." You mean as opposed to being a homosexually fixated closet case?
smirk
Wow, projecting much?

Spring breakers are college students and college students generally act like jackasses no matter what their sexual orientation. I am talking about adults. Take as long as you need for your tiny mind to understand the difference.

Oh, and if I'm homosexually fixated because I like to discuss things on an Internet forum, what does that make you, genius?
Pope Nosferatu s Closet

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 10, 2012
achyfi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, projecting much?
Spring breakers are college students and college students generally act like jackasses no matter what their sexual orientation. I am talking about adults. Take as long as you need for your tiny mind to understand the difference.
Oh, and if I'm homosexually fixated because I like to discuss things on an Internet forum, what does that make you, genius?
College students are adults. I've even heard they drink (legally where the spring breaks are) and sign up for the military.

You dissembling mongoloid.

But okay, how about Carnivale? How about the nearest reality TV show? How about str8 couples having sex in nightclub bathrooms? These are all public displays.

You are a homophobic rube with an intense fixation with (lying about) homosexuality, a classic closet case as lots of research shows. I fixate on homophobes, particularly the xstain mullah variety. I'm not sure what I'm hiding...unlike you....
Robsan5

United States

#11 Apr 10, 2012
You're right. Substitute 'Mardi Gras' for tailhook.

Robert
achyfi

Arlington, MA

#12 Apr 10, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
You're right. Substitute 'Mardi Gras' for tailhook.
Robert
Drunk girls flashing their tits? That's tame compared to the average gay pride parade.
Robsan5

United States

#13 Apr 10, 2012
Stratton wrote:
Where in this gay pride celebration did anyone 'behave badly in public'?
Where in this gay pride celebration did anyone 'behave like coked-up perverts'?

Robert
achyfi

Arlington, MA

#14 Apr 10, 2012
<quoted text>
But okay, how about Carnivale?
I doubt you've ever been to Carnivale. Most of it is perfectly tame. Yes, people do couple off and have sex afterward, sometimes in public, though it's the middle of the night. But I'm not condoning that.
<quoted text>
How about the nearest reality TV show?
I don't know what "reality TV shows" you're watching, but the ones I've seen don't generally feature S&M sex.
<quoted text>
How about str8 couples having sex in nightclub bathrooms?
Again, if you're so stupid that you think a bathroom stall is the same as a public street, then you're beyond help. Hoever, none of your examples are relevant. I'm not condoning heterosexuals behaving badly in public. I'm saying NOBODY should behave badly in public. Duh. The difference is, when the people are homosexuals, cretins like you scream "homophobia" when someone points it out, because you can't bear the idea that you can't just do what you want whenever you want like an overgrown child.
<quoted text>
You are a homophobic rube with an intense fixation with (lying about) homosexuality, a classic closet case as lots of research shows. I fixate on homophobes, particularly the xstain mullah variety. I'm not sure what I'm hiding...unlike you....
Again, you're projecting your persecution fantasies onto me. I have plenty of gay friends, and a long track record of supporting gay rights, so I can only laugh at your sad little insults.
Pope Nosferatu s Closet

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Apr 10, 2012
achyfi wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're projecting your persecution fantasies onto me. I have plenty of gay friends, and a long track record of supporting gay rights, so I can only laugh at your sad little insults.
I'm surprised to hear this, given your obvious fixations with graphic, S&M sex in public, while you spend time dissembling that "college students are not adults," "Carnivale is tame," "sex in a str8 nightclub's bathroom is not public sex," "sure there's str8 people having sex in parks and whatnot but it's tamer sex than all the gay gym bunnies are having...."

There _are_ some pretty racy events on Folsom St., and nowhere else like that, but that is a cordoned off area, and community standards do come into play.

I think you're a homosexually obsessed liar. The truth is str8 people get away with public displays of affection and outright sex in public in all manner of much more public places than glbt people could without getting killed. And most of the "public sex" engaged in by same sex partners is actually furtive sex between closeted men.

The other truth is that as glbt get to come out earlier, face less defamation, get socialized and date from younger ages like everyone else that sexual orientations will all begin to look pretty much alike.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Apr 11, 2012
Stratton wrote:
You're confusing a march
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
with a parade
http://dlr1.wdpromedia.com/media/dlr_nextgen/...
two different things

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#18 Apr 11, 2012
Stratton wrote:
I guess you never been to New Orleans for mardi gras

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#19 Apr 11, 2012
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing a march
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
with a parade
http://dlr1.wdpromedia.com/media/dlr_nextgen/...
two different things
EXACTLY ! Marches always occur between February and April.
Str8

Washington, DC

#20 Apr 11, 2012
Any gay men need a full frontal of a str8 man !
Military Alum

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Apr 11, 2012
Stratton wrote:
I am gay, and I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 32 min Reverend Alan 1,175
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 113
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 2 hr Pro-Ukraine 1,451
What counts as a "real name" on Facebook? 2 hr Larry Craig s WC ... 5
Meet Here Gays ( JEDDAH ) (Mar '14) 3 hr Full of Joy 8
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 3 hr mody 12,785
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 9 hr ramz 1,362
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) Fri viper 319
•••

Transgender People Search