Despite protest banner, Lexington Pride Festival celebrates gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendered

Jul 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader

For the fifth year in a row, Shaun Pfeiffer wore white shorts with a multicolored belt to the Lexington Pride Festival.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ohmigosh

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Judged:

u gay ppl push ur stuff too much. Don't want to see it. Isn't there an island u folks can stay on 4 ev-a ? Come on. straight people don't want to see that stuff. I really don't mean to be mean but I'm honest. I prefer the opposite of me sex.
Lucky

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Ohmigosh wrote:
u gay ppl push ur stuff too much. Don't want to see it. Isn't there an island u folks can stay on 4 ev-a ? Come on. straight people don't want to see that stuff. I really don't mean to be mean but I'm honest. I prefer the opposite of me sex.
But you ARE being mean.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

I don't know about any Islands, but I hear Gays have several continents! Of course, so do straights. Just suck it up cowboy! we,re both here for only a short time, let's make the best of it. Oh and BTW, I'm not Gay. I'm Transexual, I wear dresses too!
Hugs, Terri
Ohmigosh wrote:
Ohmigosh

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

real men are going away and why ? It makes me sick to my f-ing stomach. I just can't see why a nice lookin guy would not want to be with a nice lookin woman. Its mind boggling to me. The thought of bein with another dude is uh well, I wanna vomit... I don't understand. Its bad when 8& 9 yr old kids are asking why is boys with boys? Like I said I'm honest.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

I've been a Transexual since before the word existed. In the late 1940s & 1950s, I showed the signs of it. I started CDing in the early 50s. When I heard about Christine Jorgenson my gut reaction was "Thank God it's possible!" In 1957, I was going through "Gender Hell" one night and put on a dress and went downstairs and told My parents how I felt. It was a disaster! I came away wondering why I ever thought they would understand and I never trusted them again! My transexuality became the 800 lb gorilla in the room that we didn't talk about. But it didn't go away! My life was screwed up. I have a Mensa level IQ but I didn't graduate high school. I drank a lot, fought a lot, fixed cars and boats and not much else. They all wondered why I was so screwed up and couldn't find my way in life. Later, when I was working, I threw a hammer across the shop and hit the wall and couldn't tell you why I did it. It was the inner stress and the shame I was made to feel since childhood. This came from the incongruity of having a female mind in a male body.
Regards, Terry
Ohmigosh wrote:
real men are going away and why ? It makes me sick to my f-ing stomach. I just can't see why a nice lookin guy would not want to be with a nice lookin woman. Its mind boggling to me. The thought of bein with another dude is uh well, I wanna vomit... I don't understand. Its bad when 8& 9 yr old kids are asking why is boys with boys? Like I said I'm honest.
Lucky

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

If you don't like/agree with the lifestyle, then don't be around it. It's just that simple.
Lester

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

TerryE wrote:
I don't know about any Islands, but I hear Gays have several continents! Of course, so do straights. Just suck it up cowboy! we,re both here for only a short time, let's make the best of it. Oh and BTW, I'm not Gay. I'm Transexual, I wear dresses too!
Hugs, Terri
<quoted text>
Is your pen!s as big as Rose_NoHo's?
Ohmigosh

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

terry e:. I'm sorry for what u went through growing up & in adult life. I owe some apologies. I am sorry . I don't know. Its something I find hard to understand to be honest. I'm not a bad person . Just a person that needs to try to be more understanding. It is confusing to me.( I just wasn't around a lot of things. If any cant accept my apology I understand.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

There is a tendency to belittle Gay and Transgender people! It's just humanity reacting the the unfamiliar. However, To the Gay or Transgendered person, it makes life a living hell. I sought out "safe" people all my life. I couldn't stand even the judgmental stares, let alone those where the threat of real violence existed.
I couldn't stand criticism. I became a royal P.I.T.A. to people around me. I drank too much. I just wanted to get away from other people and be me for a few hours. "Gender Hell" is my name for the very real feelings of a desperate anxiety that would overtake me from time to time. It was during those bouts, I'm convinced is when Transexuals take their own lives out of frustration or commit other outrageous acts such as self mutilation.(DIY Sex change) So you see, Life is not a bowl of cherries for someone born with this. Quite the opposite!
Regards, Terri
Ohmigosh wrote:
terry e:. I'm sorry for what u went through growing up & in adult life. I owe some apologies. I am sorry . I don't know. Its something I find hard to understand to be honest. I'm not a bad person . Just a person that needs to try to be more understanding. It is confusing to me.( I just wasn't around a lot of things. If any cant accept my apology I understand.
hope

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
<quoted text>There is a tendency to belittle Gay and Transgender people! It's just humanity reacting the the unfamiliar. However, To the Gay or Transgendered person, it makes life a living hell. I sought out "safe" people all my life. I couldn't stand even the judgmental stares, let alone those where the threat of real violence existed.
I couldn't stand criticism. I became a royal P.I.T.A. to people around me. I drank too much. I just wanted to get away from other people and be me for a few hours. "Gender Hell" is my name for the very real feelings of a desperate anxiety that would overtake me from time to time. It was during those bouts, I'm convinced is when Transexuals take their own lives out of frustration or commit other outrageous acts such as self mutilation.(DIY Sex change) So you see, Life is not a bowl of cherries for someone born with this. Quite the opposite!
Regards, Terri
Terri I hope things are better for you now! Best of luck I'm sorry for what you went through! My daughter came out to me when she was 16 I'm thankful that I accepted it and didn't scar her for life ! I am proud of her and I never want her to be ashamed! I love my daughter very much!
Ohmigosh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

I truly apologize to terry e ''& or anyone that I may have hurt or offended. I grew up in a home where u get up , go to work. come home & that's it. I didn't know about the other thing called "the rest of the world" my parents did not discuss a lot with us six kids. Hell, they probaly didn't know either. Anyway. I wish terrye well & everyone else. I'm sorry I was mean.
lol

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Come on people, smile on your brother! Everybody get together and try to love one another...I'm talkin here and now.

Since: Jul 12

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Judged:

I think it's more disgusting to see an old wrinkled man with a hot a55 babe than to see gay people together. I mean come on, how does she have sex with Dusty Balls EEEEEWWWWWW!!!

Leave the gay people alone, they're not hurting you or me.
I mean blame all the straight people, they're the ones who keep having gay babies!!

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Thank you! It is appreciated!
Regards, Terri
Ohmigosh wrote:
I truly apologize to terry e ''& or anyone that I may have hurt or offended. I grew up in a home where u get up , go to work. come home & that's it. I didn't know about the other thing called "the rest of the world" my parents did not discuss a lot with us six kids. Hell, they probaly didn't know either. Anyway. I wish terrye well & everyone else. I'm sorry I was mean.
hope

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

TerryE wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you! It is appreciated!
Regards, Terri
very big of you TerryE! Hold your head high! You have NOTHING to be ashamed of!

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Judged:

When I reread your first post and your last, I couldn't help but to notice your demeanor had changed from obnoxiously judgmental to apologetic. Plus you mention that your own child was Gay. Care to elaborate?
Regards, Terri
hope wrote:
<quoted text>
very big of you TerryE! Hold your head high! You have NOTHING to be ashamed of!
Ohmigosh

Fort Walton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

I do not have any children if u are talking to me.( someday.} the first day I read this post, I was angry at the world. Nothing was going right. It had been "one of those days" for 2 weeks. I remember reading about the young man that was in wyoming {matthew shepperd} I just thought of his name & the horror that young man went through. I think it was mid 90s..

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

Ohmigosh wrote:
I do not have any children if u are talking to me.( someday.} the first day I read this post, I was angry at the world. Nothing was going right. It had been "one of those days" for 2 weeks. I remember reading about the young man that was in wyoming {matthew shepperd} I just thought of his name & the horror that young man went through. I think it was mid 90s..
oh stop with your fake i'm sorry for being a hateful person act... no one types the crap you type and is a loving person... you fool some... but not me!!!!!!!

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Ohmigosh wrote:
you know that island you speak of... maybe you can go live on it with hate filled people like yourself

Since: Jul 12

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>you know that island you speak of... maybe you can go live on it with hate filled people like yourself
Really? Somebody can go by the name satan's wh_re and judge someone else? If a motherf***er can apologize then the other motherf***er should accept it. It makes you a b***h or a wh_re which ever you prefer if you just try to keep a battle going after one side surrenders. Grow up wh0re!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
URI Breaks Ground on Gay and Lesbian Center 7 min nhjeff 12
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 1 hr both 10,497
Ohio debates sex-orientation rule 2 hr BILLSDOLLAR 40
Transforming Tamara 3 hr Anna 1
Massage in Jeddah ASAP (Sep '13) 4 hr Alex15 61
Putin Would Be Proud: 'No Homo Promo' Laws Arou... 4 hr NE Jade 7
gay/bi skype fun (Jul '13) 6 hr Zakkaterman 97
•••
•••