APA Issues Position Statements Supporting Transgender Care And Civil Rights

Aug 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ThinkProgress

Following up on guidelines generated by a report on transgender healthcare last month, the American Psychiatric Association has issued official position statements on the care and civil rights of transgender and gender non-conforming individuals.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2012

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 21, 2012
 
Psychiatry is a farce, it is based on enforcing stereotypes as if the stereotypes are indicative of reality. Psychiatrists should not be taken any more serious than numerologists. If you want to really know what's going on, ask a psychologist.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 21, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
Psychiatry is a farce, it is based on enforcing stereotypes as if the stereotypes are indicative of reality. Psychiatrists should not be taken any more serious than numerologists. If you want to really know what's going on, ask a psychologist.
In my opinion,the best 'therapy'one can get is to find someone most like themselves to talk to;and,that isn't always easy.Stephenie

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 21, 2012
 
STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>In my opinion,the best 'therapy'one can get is to find someone most like themselves to talk to;and,that isn't always easy.Stephenie
That is perhaps the perfect therapy ever, and one reason the internet has helped many people find such friends.

I'm just a tiny bit dick of people still attempting to give psychiatrists so much power in the US when they are wrong almost every time they stray from psychology sciences. The psychiatrists should have no control over anyone's lives, especially the trans community. You can't pidgeonhole humanity like they do.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 21, 2012
 
That is almost an awesome typo in the first line of the second paragraph, but it was suppose to be "sick" in case anyone can't make sense of the sentence.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 21, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is perhaps the perfect therapy ever, and one reason the internet has helped many people find such friends.
I'm just a tiny bit dick of people still attempting to give psychiatrists so much power in the US when they are wrong almost every time they stray from psychology sciences. The psychiatrists should have no control over anyone's lives, especially the trans community. You can't pidgeonhole humanity like they do.
I couldn't agree more.Stephenie

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 21, 2012
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is perhaps the perfect therapy ever, and one reason the internet has helped many people find such friends.
I'm just a tiny bit dick of people still attempting to give psychiatrists so much power in the US when they are wrong almost every time they stray from psychology sciences. The psychiatrists should have no control over anyone's lives, especially the trans community. You can't pidgeonhole humanity like they do.
I can't count how many times I wish I could find someone like myself to just cuddle up with and hug one another.Stephenie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 15 min I can read 793
looking for massage in Jubail (May '13) 1 hr dmm 85
HIV is a Gay Disease (Oct '06) 1 hr Imprtnrd 289
Cuomo: Outlaw gender identity discrimination 1 hr Bryan Fischer s H... 1
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 2 hr Turkish guy 1,310
i need body wax 5 hr chicken barbeque 3
I wanna bottom in jubail 6 hr ryn2134 8
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 8 hr bottom saudi 12,611
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 10 hr khsif 1,081
Massage in Jeddah ASAP (Sep '13) 22 hr Bottom madena 139
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) Wed Sam-Lebanese-Top 289

Search the Transgender Forum:
•••