Posted in the Topix Forum

First Prev
of 906
Next Last

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#1 Jul 16, 2012
... TV, Movies, Alcoholic Beverages, Crafts, Favorite Quotes...

Because you never know! Or because you do and want to talk about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#2 Jul 16, 2012
Here's what I cooked yesterday, minus the plantains. I made a green salsa (tomatillo) to go with it, but also did the run-of-the-mill red. We sliced the steak thin and had it with corn tortillas, black beans, a nice crumbly farmers cheese, guacamole and the salsas. Oh, and chips, of course.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Didn't get around to making beer margaritas, but the beer was good on it's own.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#3 Jul 16, 2012
Hegel wrote:
... TV, Movies, Alcoholic Beverages, Crafts, Favorite Quotes...
Because you never know! Or because you do and want to talk about it.
Thank you for the nice thread, Hegel. Great idea! I'll start with one of my favorite quotes:

"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together."
Liz Taylor

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#4 Jul 16, 2012
Hegel wrote:
Here's what I cooked yesterday, minus the plantains. I made a green salsa (tomatillo) to go with it, but also did the run-of-the-mill red. We sliced the steak thin and had it with corn tortillas, black beans, a nice crumbly farmers cheese, guacamole and the salsas. Oh, and chips, of course.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
Didn't get around to making beer margaritas, but the beer was good on it's own.
This looks delicious. However, I wonder if the recipe would work with chicken?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#5 Jul 16, 2012
Enyo Barbi wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the nice thread, Hegel. Great idea! I'll start with one of my favorite quotes:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together."
Liz Taylor
Love that quote! It sounds like her. LOL

You're more than welcome, Barbi. I hope to make it a fun thread.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#6 Jul 16, 2012
Enyo Barbi wrote:
<quoted text>This looks delicious. However, I wonder if the recipe would work with chicken?
I'm sure it would! I was unable to find Mexican oregano so didn't use any at all. I'll have to go to the Mexican grocery to find that, I think. It was good without it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7 Jul 16, 2012
If you've never tried it, Bison is excellent too cook with. It's very lean and therefor better for you than beef. The best recipes that I know of can be found at " www.bisonbasics.com/recipes.html" ;.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#8 Jul 16, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
If you've never tried it, Bison is excellent too cook with. It's very lean and therefor better for you than beef. The best recipes that I know of can be found at " www.bisonbasics.com/recipes.html" ;.
Those recipes look wonderful, especially that chili!
I remember years ago when "beefalo" was available in the supermarkets. They ground beef with buffalo, apparently to make it more palatable. I guess it was something the grocers tried and gave up on.
I'm wondering if bison is more digestible than beef. I was told on another forum that elk and venison are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Driveby bottomspanker

United States

#9 Jul 16, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure it would! I was unable to find Mexican oregano so didn't use any at all. I'll have to go to the Mexican grocery to find that, I think. It was good without it.
Too late, I guess, but, I bought some Mexican oregano in the 70's. I should have saved it!
Driveby bottomspanker

United States

#11 Jul 16, 2012
Well now....imagine that....

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#12 Jul 16, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
Thanks, Richard. I have to be honest and say I'm not terribly fond of the taste of bison but it is a lot leaner. When I fix something like this steak I'd rather have beef, but in chili or something like that I wouldn't mind using bison.

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#13 Jul 16, 2012
Driveby bottomspanker wrote:
<quoted text>Too late, I guess, but, I bought some Mexican oregano in the 70's. I should have saved it!
No kidding. It had probably mellowed really well with age!

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#14 Jul 16, 2012
Driveby bottomspanker wrote:
Well now....imagine that....
No thanks. LOL

Speaking of imagination, look at this!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/15/7-un...

Location hidden

#15 Jul 16, 2012
Enyo Barbi wrote:
<quoted text>Those recipes look wonderful, especially that chili!
I remember years ago when "beefalo" was available in the supermarkets. They ground beef with buffalo, apparently to make it more palatable. I guess it was something the grocers tried and gave up on.
I'm wondering if bison is more digestible than beef. I was told on another forum that elk and venison are.
I prefer bison over beef because it (too me at least) sits better on my stomach. Cost is a big factor in why grocers gave up on it. Pure Bison is fairly expensive also. But when you take into account that you use half the amount that you would normaly use in beef, I feel the cost is worth it. I'll get the web site that we get ours from and post it.

Location hidden

#16 Jul 16, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Richard. I have to be honest and say I'm not terribly fond of the taste of bison but it is a lot leaner. When I fix something like this steak I'd rather have beef, but in chili or something like that I wouldn't mind using bison.
I've been told by friends that they also do not care for Bison. They all say it has a much stronger taste than beef. I guess I'm just used too it. The Chilli is great. Bison needs the right seasoning when cooked. Using the same seasoning on beef steaks and Bison just doesn't work.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#17 Jul 16, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks. LOL
LOL!! The funniest is the one with the three girls. I DID have to look twice to figure out why she had on no pants. Second, the cyclists.
I couldn't figure out the breast feeding photo...
Driveby bottomspanker

United States

#18 Jul 16, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks. LOL
LOL!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#19 Jul 16, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer bison over beef because it (too me at least) sits better on my stomach. Cost is a big factor in why grocers gave up on it. Pure Bison is fairly expensive also. But when you take into account that you use half the amount that you would normaly use in beef, I feel the cost is worth it. I'll get the web site that we get ours from and post it.
Thank you. I've grown accustomed to my inability to digest any beef, but I'm sick of chicken, fish, and pork. Veggie burgers are good, but I can't expect others I'm eating with to pretend to enjoy them. I'm willing to give bison a try.

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#20 Jul 16, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been told by friends that they also do not care for Bison. They all say it has a much stronger taste than beef. I guess I'm just used too it. The Chilli is great. Bison needs the right seasoning when cooked. Using the same seasoning on beef steaks and Bison just doesn't work.
I suppose if I ate it more I'd get used to it. Couldn't hurt to try! That's good info on the seasoning, thanks. I had no idea.

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#21 Jul 16, 2012
Enyo Barbi wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! The funniest is the one with the three girls. I DID have to look twice to figure out why she had on no pants. Second, the cyclists.
I couldn't figure out the breast feeding photo...
I think it's the baby's hat. More specifically, the pattern/color.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 906
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' 22 min Deer Whisperer 143
Twitter Names Please (: (Apr '12) 2 hr dre 85
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 4 hr covcas 18,605
dead beat from clymer 7 hr Rose of Tralee 2
Dr kowa 0780385229 safe abortion 8 hr Dr kowa 0780385229 1
Dr kiwanuka herbalist 8 hr Dr kiwnuka 071783... 1
li locksmith 20 hr n rizzo 1

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE