'The War Is Not Over'

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept. Full Story

“French Cocoa Party”

Since: Jan 08

Keynesian Fields

#282514 Aug 18, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
The Weekly Standard is the equivalent of the German Reichsblatt a weekly paper of a party long gone - and the whole time we thought you were a smart guy :-)
Well, it was an ex-Nazi that called me an intelligent guy, certainly, after I got him to expose his questionable history, not you.

McRango seemed to like him a lot for his respective views and his ability to debate with one-liners, but I haven't seen him around for awhile. Did he leave?

I'm worried about McRango, he has been supporting Republican views lately, and I'm concerned.

Did you slip him something pharmecutical?

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282515 Aug 18, 2012
Pharmaceutical, apologies.

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282516 Aug 18, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text>7-17-12) Last week was the Global LIBOR Fraud debacle. The week before, there was the JP Morgan $2 billion trading loss debacle which keeps rising every day.
And now another low-level Ponzi scheme has been uncovered with the failed suicide attempt and subsequent arrest of Russell Wasendorf, Sr., who ran a nickel and dime firm in Iowa called Peregrine Financial Group (PFG Best) which now has a $200 million shortfall. Acting like a mini-Madoff, it was revealed that Wasendorf had been forging bank statements so it appeared that the firm was in good financial shape, while he was looting customers' money for the last twenty years.
It's probably the same old story – Wasendorf got himself into some bad trades and then used customer funds to try to cover up the busted trades, i.e. just another garden-variety Ponzi scheme. Then in a desperate attempt to hide his losses, he falsified and forged statements to his clients, and that's the end of another nickel and dime outfit.
A true blue Democrat, running another Wall Street firm, too big to fail.

James Dimon
James Dimon
en.wikipedia.org
James "Jamie" Dimon is an American business executive. He is the current chairman, president and chief executive officer of JPMorgan Chase, one of the Big Four banks of the United States, and has served ... Wikipedia
Born: March 13, 1956 (age 56), New York City
Spouse: Judith Kent
Education: Harvard Business School (1982), Tufts University

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282517 Aug 18, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text> Ahw you took me seriously. maybe you are the executor of his trust.
You are absolutely right. I should never take you seriously.

Apologies for doing so.

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282518 Aug 18, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text>Bush Administration Ignored Warnings of Organized Crime Medicare Fraud
Monday, November 16, 2009
Federal officials in charge of preventing fraud in the billion-dollar Medicare program ignored dozens of warnings of criminal activity during the Bush administration, according to investigations by the Associated Press and U.S. Senator Charles Grassley’s (R-IA) office. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
received approximately 30 tips over a three-year period telling of scams, but responded to less than half of them. In many instances, organized crime groups have been behind the cheating of Medicare, finding it’s easier and less dangerous to make millions from robbing the federal government than resorting to prostitution, gambling or drug dealing.
Southern California is one particularly bad region for Medicare fraud, where Russian, Armenian and Nigerian mafias are now coming under investigation by federal agents.
Konstantin Grigoryan, a former Soviet army colonel turned crime boss, recently pled guilty to taking $20 million from Medicare.
Timothy Menke, head of investigations for the Office of Inspector General at the Department of Health and Human Services, told the Associated Press,“Organized crime involvement in health care fraud is widespread.”
It is estimated that the federal government loses about $60 billion a year to Medicare fraud. A 60 Minutes investigation found Medicare fraud is considered a bigger criminal enterprise in Florida than cocaine trafficking.
Dammit, both Bush and Obama didn't get them all.

How many have you turned in?

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282519 Aug 18, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text>"Davis says both Romney and Obama, and their supporters, have sponsored ads “that make us all want to take a shower.” But when it comes to the cancer ad, he said the pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action has gone too far.
“Bill Burton needs to go back to ethics school,” Davis said of the group’s senior strategist, who is a former Obama White House spokesman.“He knows perfectly well that the ad is misleading and disgusting and he needs to apologize for it.”[Source]
Why should he? Maybe Lanny hasn't been hearing some of the stuff coming from Mitt and his supporters, lately. I have some news for you Lanny, politics is dirty business, so you and the wingnuts crying a river better get used to it.
Anyway, maybe Mitt Romney didn't cause that woman in the ad. to lose her life, but is there any doubt that he did business with people who caused the death of others?
"When Romney struggled to raise funds from other traditional sources, he and his partners started thinking outside the box. Bain executive Harry Strachan suggested that Romney meet with a group of Central American oligarchs who were looking for new investment vehicles as turmoil engulfed their region.
Romney was worried that the oligarchs might be tied to "illegal drug money, right-wing death squads, or left-wing terrorism," Strachan later told a Boston Globe reporter, as quoted in the 2012 book "The Real Romney." But, pressed for capital, Romney pushed his concerns aside and flew to Miami in mid-1984 to meet with the Salvadorans at a local bank.
It was a lucrative trip. The Central Americans provided roughly $9 million -- 40 percent -- of Bain Capital's initial outside funding, the Los Angeles Times reported recently. And they became valued clients.
This particular report was a Democrat crying a river, over the ad.

I'll call him a wingnut if you want me too. What do you think?

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282520 Aug 18, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should ask – here you go Forrest:
"This town is in bad shape economically," said Bill Westphal, 72, a retired businessman who lives across the street from Ryan and his family. "We're out here on a limb. We have to make this town work. I don’t think going back to the Bush policies will do it."
For Romney and his new running mate, the solution is lower taxes and fewer regulations. For President Barack Obama, it's education more resources for schools, job training and infrastructure. The policies couldn't be much more different, even if they share the same goal: making America an attractive place again to do business and prosper. Even with hometown kid on the ballot, the election in cities such as Janesville is largely a choice about which path is the right route to prosperity.
Don't think that was in your original, non-credited, Reuters article.

I'll help you, only because McRango clarifies what he says once in a while.

In the US:

The result was different among respondents in the United States, where a slim majority thought Romney would be better for their businesses than Obama.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/17/us-...

As you know, Reuters lists to port, reason I like them.

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282521 Aug 18, 2012
Mursi will visit Iran to attend the Non-Aligned Movement meetings on August 30, Egyptian state news agency MENA said, the first such visit by an Egyptian head of state to Tehran since the Islamic revolution.

MENA quoted sources at the Egyptian presidency saying on Saturday that Mursi "will participate in the summit" on his way back from China.

A spokesman for Mursi was not immediately available for comment. Egyptian media reports have suggested Mursi might send his newly appointed deputy, Mahmoud Mekki, instead.

Since Egypt's Hosni Mubarak was toppled in a popular uprising last year, Egypt and Iran have signaled interest in renewing ties severed more than 30 years ago after Iran's Islamic Revolution and Egypt's recognition of Israel.

However, with the West pushing Iran to halt its disputed nuclear program and the United States being a major donor to Egypt's military, any improvement in ties could become a tricky path to tread.

Mursi said in June he would sue an Iranian news agency after it quoted him as saying he was interested in restoring relations with Tehran. Mursi aides said the interview was a fabrication.

Iran hailed the victory of Mursi, who resigned from the Muslim Brotherhood when he was elected in June, as an "Islamic Awakening". Mursi, however, is striving to reassure Egypt's Western allies wary at the prospect of Islamist rule, and Gulf states that are deeply suspicious of Iranian influence.

Egypt is the current head of the Non Aligned Movement, founded during the Cold War to advocate the causes of the developing world, is set to hand over to Iran in the Tehran meeting.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/18/us-...

Special out of (above) context passage for Frankly to digest:

However, with the West pushing Iran to halt its disputed nuclear program and the United States being a major donor to Egypt's military, any improvement in ties could become a tricky path to tread.

Send Hillary, quick.
frank

Oakland, CA

#282522 Aug 18, 2012
arbitrageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it was an ex-Nazi that called me an intelligent guy, certainly, after I got him to expose his questionable history, not you.
McRango seemed to like him a lot for his respective views and his ability to debate with one-liners, but I haven't seen him around for awhile. Did he leave?
I'm worried about McRango, he has been supporting Republican views lately, and I'm concerned.
Did you slip him something pharmecutical?
Careful with the hooch buddy, you are starting to slur your thoughts ...

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282523 Aug 18, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful with the hooch buddy, you are starting to slur your thoughts ...
Just another fascist New York newspaper.

Time for ‘democrats for Romney’

Ask them these days, as I have, if they plan to vote for Obama this November, and they’ll give you an “Oh shucks” sad smile, look down, look back up with guilty eyes and say “I’m disappointed.”

Then they play the party line and say.“But Romney? But Ryan?”

I’m not talking about those African Americans, Latinos and lockstep Democrats who’ll blindly vote for Obama no matter how high unemployment may be or what shape this country may be in.

I’m talking about a good number of intelligent, caring, middle-class Democrats who are a soft nudge away from casting their vote for Romney.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282524 Aug 18, 2012
Recovery Summer 3: July Unemployment Up In 44 States

While 2.7 million jobs have been created since the recession, the number of people who are no longer in the labor force — either they quit looking, have put off looking for a job, or retired — has swelled by an astonishing 7.5 million.

The White House now doesn't expect unemployment to dip below 7% until 2015. The year before the recession started, the jobless rate was below 5%.

http://news.investors.com/article/622601/2012...

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282525 Aug 18, 2012
LOL

Hamas arrests terrorist behind June border attack

Abu Suhaib Rashwan, terrorist who plotted attack that killed Israeli laborer, detained on Egypt's behest; operative still recovering from injuries sustained in IAF retaliatory strike

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-426...
frank

Oakland, CA

#282526 Aug 19, 2012
arbitrageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another fascist New York newspaper.
Time for ‘democrats for Romney’
Ask them these days, as I have, if they plan to vote for Obama this November, and they’ll give you an “Oh shucks” sad smile, look down, look back up with guilty eyes and say “I’m disappointed.”
Then they play the party line and say.“But Romney? But Ryan?”
I’m not talking about those African Americans, Latinos and lockstep Democrats who’ll blindly vote for Obama no matter how high unemployment may be or what shape this country may be in.
I’m talking about a good number of intelligent, caring, middle-class Democrats who are a soft nudge away from casting their vote for Romney.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
The GOPer’s Ministry of Propaganda is busy, busy, busy ...:-)

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282527 Aug 19, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOPer’s Ministry of Propaganda is busy, busy, busy ...:-)
One liners are exceptionally great for comedians, Frankly.

Here, digest this:

U.S. Carbon Dioxide Emissions at 20-Year Low Thanks to Fracking

The Associated Press reports that new data from the Energy Information Administration shows that U.S. emissions of carbon dioxide emissions are back down to their 1992 levels:

In a surprising turnaround, the amount of carbon dioxide being released into the atmosphere in the U.S. has fallen dramatically to its lowest level in 20 years, and government officials say the biggest reason is that cheap and plentiful natural gas has led many power plant operators to switch from dirtier-burning coal.

Many of the world’s leading climate scientists didn’t see the drop coming, in large part because it happened as a result of market forces rather than direct government action against carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the atmosphere.

Scientists didn't see it coming? Well, it's not like they understand how markets work; even markets as heavily regulated as energy production is.

The AP further reports:

While conservation efforts, the lagging economy and greater use of renewable energy are factors in the CO2 decline, the drop-off is due mainly to low-priced natural gas, the agency said.

A frenzy of shale gas drilling in the Northeast’s Marcellus Shale and in Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana has caused the wholesale price of natural gas to plummet from $7 or $8 per unit to about $3 over the past four years, making it cheaper to burn than coal for a given amount of energy produced. As a result, utilities are relying more than ever on gas-fired generating plants.

Both government and industry experts said the biggest surprise is how quickly the electric industry turned away from coal. In 2005, coal was used to produce about half of all the electricity generated in the U.S. The Energy Information Agency said that fell to 34 percent in March, the lowest level since it began keeping records nearly 40 years ago.

Lots of environmental activists dislike cheap natural gas because it outcompetes their first loves, photovoltaic and wind power. It spooks the nuke folks too. I noted a Washington Post headline back in February that actually read: "Cheap Gas Jumbles Energy Markets, Stirs Fears that It Could Inhibit Renewables."

http://reason.com/blog/2012/08/17/us-carbon-d...

Lots of environmental activists dislike cheap natural gas because it outcompetes their first loves, photovoltaic and wind power. It spooks the nuke folks too. I noted a Washington Post headline back in February that actually read: "Cheap Gas Jumbles Energy Markets, Stirs Fears that It Could Inhibit Renewables."

>>>>>>Looks like these peculiar type of activists are really not sure what they might want. Didn't they want much lower CO2 emissions or were they just bluffing?

>>>>>>To think this happened without government intervention, too. Amazing.

“French Cocoa Party”

Keynesian Fields

#282528 Aug 19, 2012
RATHFLMAOAHMH

Rachel Cleetus, a senior climate economist at the Union of Concerned Scientists, said that “the problem is [natural gas] can take over the entire pie and crowd out renewables. Part of the reason this is happening is there’s a boom and there’s a sense that natural gas resources will be around forever.”

CO2 back to 1992 levels? Ph*ck me!!
Paul Ryan Hates Medicare

Islip, NY

#282530 Aug 19, 2012
arbitrageur wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I wouldn't vote for him either, even if I could.
But if you could, you would vote for the moderate liberal rino flip-flopper Romney.
Paul Ryan Hates Medicare

Islip, NY

#282531 Aug 19, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text>Ian Reifowitz: Paul Ryan Loves Ayn Rand -- And Lied About It.
2 days ago ... "I just want to speak to you a little bit about Ayn Rand and what she meant to me
in my life and [in] the fight we're engaged here in Congress.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ian-reifowitz/p... - 409k -
I agree because Ryan loves the atheist Russian Woman Rand who does not care about helping others.
Paul Ryan Hates Medicare

Islip, NY

#282532 Aug 19, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
There are hundreds of Gods which one you think did it? We know exactly how stars are being formed and your GOD has nothing to do with it ...
The only ONE and True GOD.

The GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

==========

Isaiah 53

Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.

He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.

Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,

yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;

the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,

and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?

For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,

though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,

and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,

he will see the light of life and be satisfied;
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
because he poured out his life unto death,

and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors
Henry

Dresden, Germany

#282533 Aug 19, 2012
arbitrageur wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I'm being objective, looking at the facts, while you are being delusional. Apparently you think it is great that unemployment doubled under Obama's administration.
You have another 6 months.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/...
Unemployment doubled under Eisenhower
Unemployment cut in half under JFK and LBJ
Unemployment doubled under Ford
Unemployment down and then up under Carter
Unemployment cut in half under Reagan
Unemployment cut in half under Clinton
Unemployment flat up and down and up with Bush
Unemployment doubled under Obama
Unemployment and capitalism are twins
Henry

Dresden, Germany

#282534 Aug 19, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... I guessing here you are 10 maybe 12 years old? Our Sun (massive luminous balls of plasma) is a star... there are an estimated 10^11 stars in our galaxy ... and there are an estimated 10^11 galaxies. in the universe... so there are approx 10^22 stars or suns in the universe i.e. 10000000000000000000000 stars in the universe ...
<quoted text>
Bible is long ago a fake. So forget this scripture for a whole. Bible fan may get this book out of history at all. It may act as a fairy tale for backward people. The Bible is no serious pamphlet for now any more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 12 min dreamer78 46,050
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 42 min Lawrence Wolf 415
Ukraine Needs New Security Guarantees 2 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 24
We'll murder police, says Real IRA (Apr '11) 22 hr Jake 218
Without help, Libya could become next Syria, fo... Sat pizza pie 2
Obama: We're not at cyber war with North Korea Sat barefoot2626 39
For chlamydia infection, prevention is better t... Sat Victor 1
More from around the web