Should the ban on gays in the military be lifted?

Created by kimchidog2001 on Jul 13, 2009

113 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Don't Care

flyboy

Richmond, VA

#21 Jul 15, 2009
Once again, DADT is being brought to the Senate within the next few days where it is expected that there will be an 18 month hold of DADT. The DISCRIMINATORY policy is going to be repealed, so the question really should be "how do you think the repeal of DADT will affect the military"? Really, someone has to prove conclusively allowing gay/lesbian soldiers openly affects the military in ANY way.

Since: Oct 07

Calgary, Canada

#22 Jul 15, 2009
To me, to ban gay people from the military, doesn't just speak to the attitude of the military but to the attitude of the government and hence the country. So to ban gay people (or allow them to serve in secrecy) from the military it simply speaks to me that the country itself is bigoted and supports inequality.

Look at the countries that support gay people in their military: Australia, France, Canada, Israel, Britain, Germany, Italy, Spain, New Zealand, etc.

Then look at countries that ban or or allow gay people to serve in secret: China, Russia, United States.

That just speaks for itself to me.

Calgary, Canada

#23 Jul 15, 2009
flyboy wrote:
Once again, DADT is being brought to the Senate within the next few days where it is expected that there will be an 18 month hold of DADT. The DISCRIMINATORY policy is going to be repealed, so the question really should be "how do you think the repeal of DADT will affect the military"? Really, someone has to prove conclusively allowing gay/lesbian soldiers openly affects the military in ANY way.
It is an older article, but it is about the aftermatch of what occurs int he military when the gay ban is lifted. Most countries reported that it was a non-event. As the article says "The seemingly explosive issue is, in reality, a dud a bomb that never goes off."
http://www.palmcenter.org/node/431
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#24 Jul 15, 2009
genevieve wrote:
To me, to ban gay people from the military, doesn't just speak to the attitude of the military but to the attitude of the government and hence the country. So to ban gay people (or allow them to serve in secrecy) from the military it simply speaks to me that the country itself is bigoted and supports inequality.
Look at the countries that support gay people in their military: Australia, France, Canada, Israel, Britain, Germany, Italy, Spain, New Zealand, etc.
Then look at countries that ban or or allow gay people to serve in secret: China, Russia, United States.
That just speaks for itself to me.
SOOOO right Genevieve. It simply shows essentially the country for what it is, and this country is a country that has always discriminated against people who are different, usually because of religion. It is that simple. This country was built on discrimination and still discriminates. And a lot of people seem to not get it, blacks and women and latinos are still actually shunned somewhat in the military. The CULTURE has to change in order for their to be a real change, which is why it has taken until now for there actually to be an effort to repeal DADT.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#25 Jul 15, 2009
genevieve wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an older article, but it is about the aftermatch of what occurs int he military when the gay ban is lifted. Most countries reported that it was a non-event. As the article says "The seemingly explosive issue is, in reality, a dud a bomb that never goes off."
http://www.palmcenter.org/node/431
Exactly. The only men affected by DADT are insecure men who are obsessed with homosexuality. It is that simple. There is absolutely no other reason why this is an issue. And it isn't even about being openly gay more than it's about having the OPTION to be openly gay if you so choose w/out being kicked out and not worry about being outed.

Since: Jul 09

Fort Pierce, FL

#26 Jul 15, 2009
its pretty stupid to defend the perversion that is homosexuality while attacking people who get aroused by animals, dead bodies, etc. or people who enjoy eating other's feces

if you think about it, there ARE creatures that live solely off another's feces, yet there has yet to be a strictly "homosexual species" (hermapherditic animals dont count since they have both body parts)

this means that homosexuality is vastly MORE DYSFUNCTIONAL than coprophagia (eating bodily waste)
Dr Undo

Plattsburg, MO

#27 Jul 15, 2009
ok soldier,I want you to blow that bridge!

“I ain't askin for much”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh area

#28 Jul 15, 2009
Str8 or gay there is a chance that you will die for your country on foreign soil. But that is a choice that service members make when they join the militay. I always wondered if the top brass thought that gays could not be professional enough to do the job? Do they labor on the idea that all gays are "effiminate limp wrists" as I have heard quoted before. When they repeal DADT they will be amazed at the level of professionalism, endurance and courage displayed by troops that no longer had to hide their sexual preference. remember when you are on the front line it matters not what you are, but that you are brothers to the end. You watch each others backs and work together to survive.
Join Free

Calgary, Canada

#29 Jul 15, 2009
flyboy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. The only men affected by DADT are insecure men who are obsessed with homosexuality. It is that simple. There is absolutely no other reason why this is an issue. And it isn't even about being openly gay more than it's about having the OPTION to be openly gay if you so choose w/out being kicked out and not worry about being outed.
It is unfortunate that so many people have prejudices towards homosexuality as this bigotry is based on emotion and not fact. It is ironic and amusing to me to see the responses of many supporters of DADT as they are so emotional and without rational argument. That is what happens though when people don't take time to understand or look at facts, they become zealous and that zeal drives them with a fury. In fairness though, this zeal is seen in most arguments that are driven from emotion, like religion, etc ( i have certainly fallen victim to zealousness).

Anyways, everyone has an opinion and is welcome to it, that is just my opinion. I support equality.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#30 Jul 15, 2009
littleboy1999 wrote:
its pretty stupid to defend the perversion that is homosexuality while attacking people who get aroused by animals, dead bodies, etc. or people who enjoy eating other's feces
if you think about it, there ARE creatures that live solely off another's feces, yet there has yet to be a strictly "homosexual species" (hermapherditic animals dont count since they have both body parts)
this means that homosexuality is vastly MORE DYSFUNCTIONAL than coprophagia (eating bodily waste)
There has yet to be a strictly heterosexual species. Secondly, homosexuality has been a common part of all societies. Next, homosexuality is rampant in nature, and never caused harm. Forth, eating s*it IS harmful. So, you are making an argument based on..........NOTHING.

Also, you lied. No creatures live off of feces alone. You are REALLY stretching. Maybe you should figure out why homophobia is not in nature, why it is unnatural to be anti-gay. Figure that out and get back to me.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#31 Jul 15, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprophagia

No animal lives off feces. There are some positives as to why animals do eat feces, which is a lot of the reason why they do so, also boredom. Eating feces, unlike homosexuality, actually carries health risks.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#32 Jul 15, 2009
genevieve wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that so many people have prejudices towards homosexuality as this bigotry is based on emotion and not fact. It is ironic and amusing to me to see the responses of many supporters of DADT as they are so emotional and without rational argument. That is what happens though when people don't take time to understand or look at facts, they become zealous and that zeal drives them with a fury. In fairness though, this zeal is seen in most arguments that are driven from emotion, like religion, etc ( i have certainly fallen victim to zealousness).
Anyways, everyone has an opinion and is welcome to it, that is just my opinion. I support equality.
Exactly right. It is all based on emotion, the hate for gay/lesbian people. Irrational emotions. Nothing factual, nothing logical. They are told something and they run with it, not giving a damn who absolutely wrong they are in their beliefs. A lot of people simply are against anything "different" because of fear, insecurity and being threatened. As you said, religion is nothing but emotion too, nothing but beliefs. The problem is people allow beliefs to become facts in their mind without knowing if they are factual, mostly b/c they are scared of change in themselves and revealing insecurities in themselves. Homophobia is pure pure fear and ignorance (and usually both) and that is all it is. Anyway, let the haters hate, as long as EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL is achieved, that is all that matters at the end of the day.
Bugz

Windsor, Canada

#34 Jul 23, 2009
littleboy1999 wrote:
there has yet to be a strictly "homosexual species"
Xylocoris Maculipennis. For those who can't be bothered to look it up - it's not just an example of a species that regularly engages in homosexual activity, it regularly practices homosexual stab-rape.(meaning it makes it's own entry point wherever is convenient.)
Waterboy

Cecil, WI

#35 Jul 23, 2009
Equal Rights for all, Human rights for all. What's the problem with that??????

Life on this earth is so short, we should just appreciate every day as our last and love everyone whether they love back or not.

Since: Nov 08

Morrow, GA

#36 Jul 23, 2009
this reminded me of a joke we use to say back in the late 60s when I was young. "Lets play army. I will lay down and you can blow the hell out of me".....lol
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#37 Jul 23, 2009
It is going to be lifted likely within 6 months or less, so the question should be what will happen when it is lifted.
James

Sydney, Australia

#38 Jul 23, 2009
if you check in some gay cruising sites in places like Baghdad, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Syrian among others interestingly there are many gay military indeed.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#39 Jul 23, 2009
Personally I feel that for the people who think gays shouldn't be able to get married, be in the military or have hate crime protection under the law then they should have no problems with gays paying half the taxes as everyone else. After all we get what we pay for and if gays get half the rights as everyone else then why should they pay the same in taxes?
Heterosexual GI

Candler, NC

#40 Jul 23, 2009
Maybe, they should segregate the military... let all you f^gs wash (I mean watch) each others "backs" in your own platoons.

We never had a problem with f*gs when I served; because, they knew better. "Don't ask, don't tell, don't get your ass kicked.".

Proper protocol, is all. That's it.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#41 Jul 23, 2009
Heterosexual GI wrote:
Maybe, they should segregate the military... let all you f^gs wash (I mean watch) each others "backs" in your own platoons.
We never had a problem with f*gs when I served; because, they knew better. "Don't ask, don't tell, don't get your ass kicked.".
Proper protocol, is all. That's it.
No. People like you, who are severely paranoid and insecure and completely obsessed with homosexuals, are going to have to get over yourselves. Are you THAT big of pussies that you cannot eat or sleep with a gay man, because you are worried what he is going to do to you? Yeah, although you don't say it, homophobia is almost always based on fear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Sexuality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 2 min moonpiesg 445,953
Bi/Gay Skype sex (Sep '11) 2 min xhornyguy247x 526,697
yra lietuwiu?:D 2 min darius 1
Gay/bi K....k (Nov '13) 2 min tcjp18 198,269
dirty ki..k (Oct '13) 2 min Drewhardone 336,659
"Hal the king deflector" (Aug '13) 2 min hal 917
do you like older men? (Feb '14) 3 min Mature bi top rhyl 6,647
Girls nude snapchat usernames (Jan '14) 6 min A Luck 32,541

Human Sexuality People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE