Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
10,741 - 10,760 of 24,743 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11258
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
MY QUESTION WAS:
"BTW. What version of the bible do you actually use?"
What was wrong with that question?
What are you afraid of?
My question to PR Snow (aka Blake, Byron, Nathaniel) in case you never understood it.

Re. What version of the bible do you actually use?

By “version” I meant to ask which translation/edition you use – if you actually own one at all. eg. King James Version, New International Version, New Revised Standard Version, New Living Translation etc, etc.

I happen to own and refer to several versions which include King James, Amplified & New English.

Why is my question so difficult (or impossible) for you to answer?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11259
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... especially when you're dancing with David.
Of course. Good one.

I am beginning to like you.

Wanna dance?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11260
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
MY QUESTION WAS:
"BTW. What version of the bible do you actually use?"
What was wrong with that question?
What are you afraid of?
Wrong question. It should be this.

Which Bible to you prefer to abuse others with?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11261
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one believes in what you call God's word.
Have you asked all other people?
Reverend Alan wrote:
It is impossible to believe opposites both at the same time.
How do you know that paradoxes can't be true?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11262
Aug 31, 2012
 
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is my question so difficult (or impossible) for you to answer?
Fair question! It's especially bad when other people abuse those who earnestly seek? That's how it is in dictator-environment, isn't it?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11263
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is my question so difficult (or impossible) for you to answer?
Fair question! It's especially bad when other people abuse those who earnestly seek? That's how it is in dictator-environment, isn't it?

If people do that (abuse), it is because they are afraid and have problems?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11264
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

My question to PR Snow (aka Blake, Byron, Nathaniel) requires a response because if you cannot tell the people (or are afraid to) what bible you rely on, NOTHING that you said in the past, or may say in the future, can have any credibility.

If you cannot provide a valid reference for your claims all your statements are worthless.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11265
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ivorydick wrote:
My question to PR Snow (aka Blake, Byron, Nathaniel) requires a response because if you cannot tell the people (or are afraid to) what bible you rely on, NOTHING that you said in the past, or may say in the future, can have any credibility.
If you cannot provide a valid reference for your claims all your statements are worthless.
Of course.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11266
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong question. It should be this.
Which Bible to you prefer to abuse others with?
How about, "Which Bible is best to bash gays and lesbians with?"

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11267
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
How about, "Which Bible is best to bash gays and lesbians with?"
That's another way to put it.

How about, "Which Bible is best when someone comes in the name of Jesus to hurt other people?"

Some people use the Bible as a source of inspiration, others use it as a weapon to bash people with."
Manmanman

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11268
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
How about, "Which Bible is best to bash gays and lesbians with?"
First you insist that the Bible does not mention homosexuality, then you ask which version of the Bible best bashes gays and lesbians.

Your posts contradict each other, therefore I will burn your post on the fire.

Thanks.
just jess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11269
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I was born gay. U were taught religion. Marriage a uniting. Either u live to be forever with love of abother... Or u dont. Either way if god/jesus cant forgive me for being gay... I can forgive him. I am not god so i have no right to preach or judge. Give an opinion on wat he said which has been translated to many times... Causing wars, hate, violence. I wasnt there when he said it. But i do know the difference from right and wrong. And i will be faithful to my partner and love her and care for her... No bible,person, church, god, piece of paper will determine that.
Robsan5

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11270
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
First you insist that the Bible does not mention homosexuality, then you ask which version of the Bible best bashes gays and lesbians.
Your posts contradict each other, therefore I will burn your post on the fire.
Thanks.
Man3,
the current versions of the bible do use the word "homosexual", but not "homosexuality".
But how did the word "homosexual" end up in any bible? It wasn't invented until the 1880's, so what word was used in it's place before then? How did a word coined in the 1880's end being translated out of documents written 2,000 years ago?
That's like saying you can find the the term "critical Mach number" to describe an aerodynamic term, in the bible, when that was just unconceived of 2,000 years ago.

Robert

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11271
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
First you insist that the Bible does not mention homosexuality, then you ask which version of the Bible best bashes gays and lesbians.
Your posts contradict each other, therefore I will burn your post on the fire.
Thanks.
How does your computer burn?

People obviously use the Bible to bash gays and lesbians. Their interpretation is shallow and meaningless.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11272
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Man3,
the current versions of the bible do use the word "homosexual", but not "homosexuality".
But how did the word "homosexual" end up in any bible? It wasn't invented until the 1880's, so what word was used in it's place before then? How did a word coined in the 1880's end being translated out of documents written 2,000 years ago?
That's like saying you can find the the term "critical Mach number" to describe an aerodynamic term, in the bible, when that was just unconceived of 2,000 years ago.
Robert
Using the word homosexual is a perfect means to sell Bibles to self-righteous bigots.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11273
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Everyone have a good and safe holiday weekend!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11274
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
First you insist that the Bible does not mention homosexuality, then you ask which version of the Bible best bashes gays and lesbians.
Your posts contradict each other, therefore I will burn your post on the fire.
Thanks.
Hi, is it possible for you to use another name so that our two usernames are not mixed?

Thanks

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11275
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just to inform everybody; Now there are two Manmanman-users here.

I am not sure why that happened?
Mick

Carbondale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11276
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Mister Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the word homosexual is a perfect means to sell Bibles to self-righteous bigots.
The best selling Bible was translated before the word 'homosexual' was coined and is still selling just fine, Mister Ford. As you know, it and all versions of the Bible command against all homosexual behavior, including your practice of trying to dress like a woman. This has nothing to do with self righteousness or bigotry, Mister Ford. It is a FACT that you'll never change.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11277
Sep 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mick wrote:
<quoted text>The best selling Bible was translated before the word 'homosexual' was coined and is still selling just fine, Mister Ford. As you know, it and all versions of the Bible command against all homosexual behavior, including your practice of trying to dress like a woman. This has nothing to do with self righteousness or bigotry, Mister Ford. It is a FACT that you'll never change.
Still shaving your side curls?

tsk tsk.........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5658 Users are viewing the Human Sexuality Forum right now

Search the Human Sexuality Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Skype with me!!!!!!!!! 3 min ray 7
Kent gay meet ups (Nov '12) 3 min rochester 10,069
Is DMAN single ? (Nov '12) 3 min DMAN 1,650
BBW CHUBBY BIG and FAT girls (Apr '13) 3 min Dirty1 1,091
horny girls/guys chat room (Jan '12) 3 min Hornix 8,664
dirty ki..k (Oct '13) 3 min pmcg121 247,444
Bi/Gay Skype sex (Sep '11) 4 min Hot 30 yo 441,364
Girls nude snapchat usernames (Jan '14) 4 min Asprout 3,096
Gay/bi K....k (Nov '13) 5 min mehheb 137,364
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 6 min Coastpix 338,119
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Human Sexuality People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••