Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 26,732

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#11259 Aug 31, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... especially when you're dancing with David.
Of course. Good one.

I am beginning to like you.

Wanna dance?

Santa Cruz, CA

#11260 Aug 31, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
MY QUESTION WAS:
"BTW. What version of the bible do you actually use?"
What was wrong with that question?
What are you afraid of?
Wrong question. It should be this.

Which Bible to you prefer to abuse others with?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11261 Aug 31, 2012
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one believes in what you call God's word.
Have you asked all other people?
Reverend Alan wrote:
It is impossible to believe opposites both at the same time.
How do you know that paradoxes can't be true?

Location hidden

#11262 Aug 31, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is my question so difficult (or impossible) for you to answer?
Fair question! It's especially bad when other people abuse those who earnestly seek? That's how it is in dictator-environment, isn't it?

Location hidden

#11263 Aug 31, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is my question so difficult (or impossible) for you to answer?
Fair question! It's especially bad when other people abuse those who earnestly seek? That's how it is in dictator-environment, isn't it?

If people do that (abuse), it is because they are afraid and have problems?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11264 Aug 31, 2012
My question to PR Snow (aka Blake, Byron, Nathaniel) requires a response because if you cannot tell the people (or are afraid to) what bible you rely on, NOTHING that you said in the past, or may say in the future, can have any credibility.

If you cannot provide a valid reference for your claims all your statements are worthless.

Santa Cruz, CA

#11265 Aug 31, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
My question to PR Snow (aka Blake, Byron, Nathaniel) requires a response because if you cannot tell the people (or are afraid to) what bible you rely on, NOTHING that you said in the past, or may say in the future, can have any credibility.
If you cannot provide a valid reference for your claims all your statements are worthless.
Of course.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#11266 Aug 31, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong question. It should be this.
Which Bible to you prefer to abuse others with?
How about, "Which Bible is best to bash gays and lesbians with?"

Santa Cruz, CA

#11267 Aug 31, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another way to put it.

How about, "Which Bible is best when someone comes in the name of Jesus to hurt other people?"

Some people use the Bible as a source of inspiration, others use it as a weapon to bash people with."
Manmanman

El Segundo, CA

#11268 Aug 31, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
First you insist that the Bible does not mention homosexuality, then you ask which version of the Bible best bashes gays and lesbians.

Your posts contradict each other, therefore I will burn your post on the fire.

Thanks.
just jess

United States

#11269 Aug 31, 2012
I was born gay. U were taught religion. Marriage a uniting. Either u live to be forever with love of abother... Or u dont. Either way if god/jesus cant forgive me for being gay... I can forgive him. I am not god so i have no right to preach or judge. Give an opinion on wat he said which has been translated to many times... Causing wars, hate, violence. I wasnt there when he said it. But i do know the difference from right and wrong. And i will be faithful to my partner and love her and care for her... No bible,person, church, god, piece of paper will determine that.
Robsan5

United States

#11270 Aug 31, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
First you insist that the Bible does not mention homosexuality, then you ask which version of the Bible best bashes gays and lesbians.
Thanks.
Man3,
the current versions of the bible do use the word "homosexual", but not "homosexuality".
But how did the word "homosexual" end up in any bible? It wasn't invented until the 1880's, so what word was used in it's place before then? How did a word coined in the 1880's end being translated out of documents written 2,000 years ago?
That's like saying you can find the the term "critical Mach number" to describe an aerodynamic term, in the bible, when that was just unconceived of 2,000 years ago.

Robert

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#11271 Aug 31, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
How does your computer burn?

People obviously use the Bible to bash gays and lesbians. Their interpretation is shallow and meaningless.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#11272 Aug 31, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Man3,
the current versions of the bible do use the word "homosexual", but not "homosexuality".
But how did the word "homosexual" end up in any bible? It wasn't invented until the 1880's, so what word was used in it's place before then? How did a word coined in the 1880's end being translated out of documents written 2,000 years ago?
That's like saying you can find the the term "critical Mach number" to describe an aerodynamic term, in the bible, when that was just unconceived of 2,000 years ago.
Robert
Using the word homosexual is a perfect means to sell Bibles to self-righteous bigots.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11273 Sep 1, 2012
Everyone have a good and safe holiday weekend!

Location hidden

#11274 Sep 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Hi, is it possible for you to use another name so that our two usernames are not mixed?

Thanks

Location hidden

#11275 Sep 1, 2012
Just to inform everybody; Now there are two Manmanman-users here.

I am not sure why that happened?
Mick

Carbondale, IL

#11276 Sep 1, 2012
Mister Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the word homosexual is a perfect means to sell Bibles to self-righteous bigots.
The best selling Bible was translated before the word 'homosexual' was coined and is still selling just fine, Mister Ford. As you know, it and all versions of the Bible command against all homosexual behavior, including your practice of trying to dress like a woman. This has nothing to do with self righteousness or bigotry, Mister Ford. It is a FACT that you'll never change.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#11277 Sep 1, 2012
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>The best selling Bible was translated before the word 'homosexual' was coined and is still selling just fine, Mister Ford. As you know, it and all versions of the Bible command against all homosexual behavior, including your practice of trying to dress like a woman. This has nothing to do with self righteousness or bigotry, Mister Ford. It is a FACT that you'll never change.
Still shaving your side curls?

tsk tsk.........

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, CA.

#11279 Sep 1, 2012
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>The best selling Bible was translated before the word 'homosexual' was coined and is still selling just fine, Mister Ford. As you know, it and all versions of the Bible command against all homosexual behavior, including your practice of trying to dress like a woman. This has nothing to do with self righteousness or bigotry, Mister Ford. It is a FACT that you'll never change.
SERPEGGIARE! FATTO QUESTO !
AVETE BISOGNO DI ESSERE IMPEGNATO !!!!! IL DADO !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Human Sexuality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask a 43 Year Old Latina Newly Divorced, anything! 2 min mark956 550
Lesbian Snapchat? (Jan '13) 2 min jamiegurl 326
Sexting mobile numbers AUSTRALIA (Aug '12) 2 min Schoolz_out 590
Gay/bi K....k (Nov '13) 2 min youngboi 246,748
Shemale snapchat (Feb '13) 2 min xxyxx1 942
Bi/Gay Skype sex (Sep '11) 2 min nathan 590,781
dirty ki..k (Oct '13) 2 min Peter McGrew 408,161
Girls nude snapchat usernames (Jan '14) 3 min 7F141E5E 57,914
gay snapchat!!! (Dec '12) 3 min steph_moore006 532,777
More from around the web